Carb Counters - Weekly LC Chat 12/10 to 12/16

View Full Version : Weekly LC Chat 12/10 to 12/16

Diva
12-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Good morning everyone!

:candy:Just a little over 2 weeks left until Christmas! Are we all done with our decorating & shopping? :hohoho:

How will you go about staying on plan during ALL the Holiday parties & temptations?

:tree: Happy holiday's everyone! :han:

aud
12-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Hiya diva & tx for starting us up!:) Just love your festive avatar!

Sooooooooo . . . been fighting off the cravings that come after a carb-splurge - Grrrrrrrrrrrr!:mad: So mad at myself for 'doing what I've always done' (to get what I've always got - LOL!;)) - but determined to move on.

Planning planning planning is the only way for me to get thru the Holdays/stress - unfortunately didn't MAKE the time to do that - but gonna get with it.

Are you doing anything different diva?

TTYA after the night shift.

Diva
12-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Well, I am trying REALLY hard to stay OP, but I do have temptations and I have caved a few times. I guess I am going to keep on trying and step up the exercise. I did 45 minutes of step aerobics earlier and sweated my butt off and I feel great, so I think I'll keep doing that at least 4 or 5 days and practice some dagum willpower, LOL!

Planning is totally the key, but ya can't avoid the church peeps knocking on the door with a plate full of Christmas cookies can ya? hehe;)

beach bum
12-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks Diva for starting up the thread. Not myself the this long weekend. I surprised I didn't gain what I lost last mid week due to a sodium intake. But its only Tues.

Going to count calories the zig zag style,as I'm on counting calories challenge. along with this one.I'm noticing that I'm doing a lot better adding more healthy carbs to my menu than avoiding them. To avoid party temptation I think I going to go up & down the tables and see what they have,and than make my choice. After choosing, walk away from the food tables and either dance or talk to my friends. That my plan,for the next two weeks.

AUD-You can do it,I have conference in you. Planning is the best way to succeed.

Have a great evening

Hugs :) BB

krawhitham
12-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Happy holidays everyone!

I'm back OP finally!! I am really excited to be back OP because I had so much energy when I was eating minimal carbohydrates.

Over the holidays I think I will allow myself red wine, but no desserts. My family always cooks various types of meats, and steamed veggies and such, so I don't think the main course will be my problem... just the crazy amounts of desserts!!

I hope everyone is doing well!

RobinW
12-11-2007, 08:52 PM
:wave: Im here :dizzy:

laura02169
12-13-2007, 06:13 AM
I just wanted to stop in and say hello :wave:

Between work, and getting ready for the holiday and vacation - I haven't taken the time to stop by the weekly chat in a while.

Hope all is well...and I hope you are more prepared for the holidays than I am! I'm running out of time....!

- L0

beach bum
12-13-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi Ladies:)

Soory for being MIA this week,had lots of things to do

Mon-my friends funeral== Tues- baking cookies,and doing a little Christmas decorating==Wed-choir rehearsal & taking my dh to an emergency doctors office ==Thurs-grocery shopping & singing at nursing home

So you see where my week went. I'm still on the challenge but I haven't lost a thing. I sneaked peeked on the scale yesterday morning & I'm up 4 lbs again,it seem when I W-I in the middle of the week the scale is up[3-4]and than it goes down again at my official W-I to 163[ticker]Something funny is going on on the scale. Leo thinks the scale as a evil spirit in it.

KRAW-Thats wonderful:carrot: that you have so much energy lacking carbs. I was doing just fine upping my carbs but now like I posted above I guess I will have to start limiting them one by one.

ROBIN-Glad to see you here on the chat :wave: have a great day .

LAURA-Hi:wave: just that you came to the chat and let us know,how your doing is just enough.We all have a busy schedule,hope to check in also,before I leave to NY for Christmas.

Take care

Juxtapose
12-13-2007, 02:35 PM
yay! I'm back. (seems like we always come back) :)

I've been off program for a few months, bad me. Getting my butt back in gear. Need to lose the final 30+ pounds so I can be all hot and stuff for summer.

*hugs and willpower to all*

- Jux

FitinTime
12-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Hi Gang!

I know I haven't been here at all, but I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas! I do think about you and hope that you all have success in your weight loss!

:hohoho::han::tree::ginger::xcheer::brr:

FitinTime
12-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Diva,
I wanted to tell you I dig your stlye of music! Especially the 80's early 90's stuff. Can't get enough of Ice, Ice Baby!!! Right on!!!
I didn't know that Afrika Baambatta did Planet Rock? Have you heard World Destruction that he does, that is an awesome song to work out to as well. I have that on the LP album and it's so funny when I taped it on a cassette tape,( I know my car is behind the times) I could hear the noise form the record. Anyway, that is a good song. You know what else is good to work out is Echo and the Bunnymen's Lips Like Sugar.

I love Rob Base, Rick James, Marky Mark, Salt N Peppa, and those other dance songs from that time! Good choice girl!

Take Care!
Diana

Puncezilla
12-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi ladies I haven't deserted you. Like everyone else, I've just been very buisy.
One of my cousins was in a bad accident last Friday. He was in very bad shape and was flown the UofA hospital here in Edmonton. My Aunt and uncle and cousins are all here in Ed to be near him. It has been a stressfull week for all of us. My mom and dad came down and my sister came with her girls. So my house was full.
Any prayers for my cousin and family would be appreciated. He has had several surgeries and has a long way to go but the doctors say he is doing well.
I just wanted to let you all know why I havn't been around. Needless to say I haven't been 100% op. Will be back soon.

aud
12-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi Everyone - Very OffPlan:( - but still determined:carrot: - catch up later - :hug:

RobinW
12-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Oh, Im sooooooooooooooooo off plan, I havent a clue where the flippin' plan is :dizzy:

Lets just say, that if you ask why, I can give you an excuse and make you believe that, that's why I havent been on plan.

In reality, there is not excuse, Ive gotten FAT again!! Im enjoying the last of the left over wine from our open house last friday night from the shop. :cheers: Ive really been struggling with food, and then throw wine into the mix, and its just a big huge mess.

Its safe to say, Ive hit bottom and I need to smarten up!! :frypan::kickbutt:

I will be here ladies, .......come knocking on my door if Im not!!!!! :club:

See you in the morning!:dust:

Bouncing
12-15-2007, 01:38 AM
I guys, I've been AWOL too, on and off plan, on enuf that I haven't done myself any long term damage. I did go on one pretty long, moderately bad binge, and felt so yucky I HAD to quit the intensive carbs because I'm no longer willing to feel like that. I gained a few lbs and have lost them again. I'm still nibbling, though. The season is just too much for me. For example, at a get-together tonight I had two oreos and a piece of almond roca. One really helpful thing I've found is, no matter what evil thing(s) I put in my mouth (NO, I'm not having THAT much fun), I still eat my nutritious stuff. No pretending I can pay for a piece of cake by having nothing else. That leads to disaster every time.

My history is to ALWAYS gain at least 25 lbs (often more) between, say, October and April. If I can go through the holiday season with no net gain, that will be a f***in' miracle, and I'll feel like an unqualified success. I'm keeping that goal firmly in sight, and hitting the damage control alarm a lot sooner. Progress, not perfection. So far, so good.
and yeah, Juxtapose, we always do seem to come back!

Diva
12-15-2007, 06:41 AM
Diva,
I wanted to tell you I dig your stlye of music! Especially the 80's early 90's stuff. Can't get enough of Ice, Ice Baby!!! Right on!!!
I didn't know that Afrika Baambatta did Planet Rock? Have you heard World Destruction that he does, that is an awesome song to work out to as well. I have that on the LP album and it's so funny when I taped it on a cassette tape,( I know my car is behind the times) I could hear the noise form the record. Anyway, that is a good song. You know what else is good to work out is Echo and the Bunnymen's Lips Like Sugar.

I love Rob Base, Rick James, Marky Mark, Salt N Peppa, and those other dance songs from that time! Good choice girl!

Take Care!
Diana

Thank you, TYVM! hehe, getting my Elvis on... I love all them old school songs too, they get me going and I have so much fun the time seems to fly by. :)

Puncezilla, sending positve vibes and prayers your way for your cousin and family.:hug:

beach bum
12-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Hi Ladies:)

WOW!!! I thought that i was the ONLY One that wasn't doing good. I think the calorie counting is working for me,as it used to,but now its running amuck.Right after I get back from visiting my DD and DGC for the Christmas Holiday I will go back to carb counting instead of calorie.

Jux-Welcome :welcome2: to our thread & Thanks:thanks: for the :dust: and hope you find some too,and lost the last 30 lbs.I have have to lose 23,and it seems forever to get it off.

Diane--Wishing you the same :tree: Merry Christmas :tree: and you have a successful weight losses also.Here:cheers: to the New Year,where we'll all hit our goal once and for sure.

PUNCEZILLA-So sorry:sorry: to hear about your cousin hope he will be fine,sending your my prayers for him. Thank You:thanks: for keeping us posted, I was worry about the you not posting.

AUD-Hang in there,we all having the same:stress: problem. Glad:) you were able to post to let us know that your still here.

ROBIN-Sometimes we are OP and our body's go crazy:crazy: for a while. I haven't had any cookies :cookie:or holiday goodies at all,but yet my bod is showing a large gain on the scale.I thinking I'm overeating on carbs,like pasta rice or potatoes. I'm not going to touch my ticker as I believe it has to be something simple like water or carbs.

BOUNCING-Like I told Robin,I think I really have to look at the carbs espeically the grain ones.They say that lot of people gain between TG & Christmas & NY.So I think that we are lucky:lucky: to have this thread to fall back on,not like the one that come to the diet boards in January .

DIVA-Your the only one I know off that lost during the challenge.Big Congrats your the :queen:Challenge Queen:queen:

Have to go to start my dinner,but before I go here some:dust: for everyone to not overindulge this Christmas Holiday.

RobinW
12-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Ok, so far....I havent eaten any marshmallows, or chocolate. I dont know what's up with me and marshmallows.......they are like these little sugar bombs. Get your sugar fix ASAP with those little buggers. Can ya picture it? Robin passed out from marshmallow overdose, with bags of open marshmallows all over the crime scene :dizzy: :lol3: :rofl:

Alright, thats enough messin' around, I have to get back to work :club:

aud
12-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Hiya LC'ers!:hug:

Heading out into the blizzard - will be back in a bit to catch up - just popping in to say that I've found my way back to sanity with 48 hours under my belt!:carrot:

ttyal . .

aud
12-15-2007, 07:57 PM
WOW! Breathtaking hour of WOOOO-HOOO with the Wild Westie Ginger & DD Snow Walking!!:carrot: (Tess did great at the Pediatric Dentist Thrs - just a few whiffs of gas this time and they pulled two baby teeth - a little trooper considering her total phobia!)

Long Story Short: Got stranded in the parking lot @ work after the shift - car trouble in blizzard white-out mess - dh couldn't get even close to the plant so spent the night with a co-worker!!!:dizzy:

Got home FINALLY 1pm this afternoon.:p

Good news: Stayed OP!:carrot:

Reading everyone's Post Friday b4 work (had been OffInternet for 24 hrs tx to the ice I think - but that's a whooooolllleee other story!:devil:) - really helped sooo much - Tx Gals!:hug: Glad I wasn't the only one in the OffPlan Boat!:D

Got you in my thoughts & prayers punce!:hug: Just awful about your cousin:( - hang in there & Post when you can.

So good to cya bouncie!!!:hug: WTG on being more OP than Off - think if I thought about it - tis the season of my biggest weight gains over the years of up & downness.

WB kaw & Hellllooo jux!:hug:

I've got the "robin covered with marshmallows" - (still life in acrylic) stuck in my head now!:D

diva is indeed rocking the December Challenge, beachie! (But it ain't over until I sing!!!! mwuaaa-hahahahahahahaha:devil:

garybearsgirl
12-16-2007, 08:57 AM
I've actually been doing well. I started Atkins the Monday after Thanksgiving and have now lost a total of 10 pounds. My only disobedience is that I am still using diet sweeteners, diet drinks and I am a tea snob who drinks 5 cups of tea in the morning!
I'm starting OWL today. I found Linda's Low Carb site that offers her induction menues that go right up to 20 carbs. I figure if I add in my tea and the herbal supplements I take, that would be OWL for me. (I take St Johns Wort to ward off depression and Shaklee Herb-Lax to keep the action going, if ya catch my drift!) Plus, my husband doles out vitamins and other herbal supplements, he's the "family pharmacist" so to speak.
Eighteen pounds to go! (Sometime I will update my 3FC ticker)
-Michele

Diva
12-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey girlies! I don't know how hard I've rocked this week. I'm actually a little afraid to get o the scale. I caved on friday when baking cookies and brownies to give away and had a taste here and there. :( It'll be ok though...we ALL mess up from time to time. Ya just have to get up and dust yourself off and try again. :)

I'll tell ya one thing that upset me yesterday. I get emails from Women's Health and whatnot in my inbox. Well, there was an article yeserday with tips on how to stay OP and not gain during the Holiday's. Well, I thought it would be nice to post it on TBL board in the ongoing chat there for my friend's, but rather than focus on the positive in the arrticle everyone focused on the negative and I felt jumped on. I don't even "feel" like posting there anymore. Geeeez. I was just TRYING to be NICE and HELPFUL. But whatever.

beach bum
12-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi:)

Diva -What TBL board do your post too.??I lurk on the ivillage & the reg NBC board.That was wonderful of you to give them ideas,why not post them here where your true friends are.

Michele- big congrats on your 10 lb weigh loss. I maintained around TG but soon to gain when the Christmas goodies came around.That a good web site for low carb recipes.

Aud-Sorry about your car problem and the blinding snow.Oh you poor thing That awful, hope you don't go though that again. Glad:) that you stayed OP. I have to do something drastic about my weight gain,counting calories isn't working,going back to low carbing again.

Have a great afternoon

Diva
12-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Beachie, it's the one here @3FC's on the exercise board. They hurt my feelers.

WTG Michele on the 10 lbs! I am so jealous, lol! I lost 8 when I first started carb counting, but I have since gained 3 back...that I know of....like I said I am skeeeeeered of the scale right now, lol!

aud, if ya want you can send some of that snow to me hehe! We are actually getting the winds and snow today but so far nothing is sticking. That's how it is in East TN. It could be 70 by wednesday, lol!

As for exercise today it's laundry hehe! I rested friday because I was hurting and yesterday i had some sort of episode @ Walmart, threw up and passed out in the bathroom. Then started my period. it was very strange. I was sooooooooooo emabrrassed and then I was grossed out because I have a germ phobia.

RobinW
12-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Diva, its strange how you can move around this board and get different reactions to what you are doing. I dont stray too far from the l/c board. I'll post over on the chicks in control, but thats about it. Its too bad, because this is suppose to be a "support" forum. Its not nice when someone attacks what you are doing, and you are successful at it.

Dont let them get you down!!!

K, tomorrow starts induction 100%, no more wine, or cheater things. Oh, I love my wine! :devil: :lol3:

Ok, Im wondering where Brenda is...........I havent seen her here in ages!! Come out come out where ever you are Brenda........Ive been thinking about you!!

:lol3: :rofl: Aud..me in watercolor passed out.....I think I need to come up with something for a t-shirt! :lol:

Things have been crazy busy at the shop, and Im not complaining!!! Gets the creative juices flowing!!

Anyway, Ive had a bit too much wine tonight.......so I will see you all, blurry eyed and on induction in the morning :D

Bouncing
12-17-2007, 12:02 AM
Wow, Aud, on your snow adventure. And here I am, listening to the rain and tapping the outdoor thermometer (36.1) and whisperiing to it, "Only four more degrees. You can do it, four more degrees!" We get REAL excited about snow around here. I'm listening to the rain hit the skylights, and waiting with bated breath for it to get quiet, cuz that means ... SNOW! None is predicted until the 24th, and that's far enough away that they'll change the prediction to rain before it gets here. We might get a few flurries in February. Almost never before then.

I've gone on a full-on chocolate binge. I am not only not sure how to get back OP, I am not even sure I want to. This is baaaaad, guys. I know exactly what happened. I didn't feel like doing anything productive, so I decided a movie marathon was in order. So, did I watch anything fun and happy and uplifting? Nooooooo. I watched the Godfather trilogy. Film Noir at its best. Life in a minor key. Made me think about going to read Revelations to cheer me up. Picking up a copy of "Suicide for Fun and Profit." "Ten Ways to Prove Thing are Worse and Getting Worser." "Meet Your Inner Orphan." And when I turned on the radio, today was clearly Dirge Day on the Sirius Orchestra station. So I turned to The Vault, and they were playing "People are Strange" followed by "When Will I Be Loved." The next station was starting the Tracy Chapman Nihilism Hour. That's it. I'm gonna go play Jimmy Buffet now.

aud
12-17-2007, 01:35 PM
OMGosh bouncie - I'm laughing so hard I can't BREATHE!:D (Monitor is covered in 1/2 mug of coffee - 'Revelations to cheer me up' got me!!) Gosh, I've missed your Posts!:p:D:p

And diva . . . I'll show ya how supportive us LC'ers can be: Please Post any and all Making it Thru the Holiday Tips to my freakin' FOREHEAD immediately!!! Couldn't hurt (much) and bound to help.

SOMETHING needs to help - Geeez Louise - I'm in a "full-on" something - wish I could say it was just chocolate but at this point it's EVERYTHING!:dizzy::o

I'm gonna blame it on the "Robin - A Still Life Study of Marshmallows" and let it GO!:cool:

WTH ya at lilybelle & ladyadnerb?????

oooops . . . I bet I'm in the wrong Thread - brb

Diva
12-17-2007, 01:41 PM
LOL! You nut!!! Back away from the coffee and chocalate now! :D

K, I must go ly down with the heating pad. Killer cramps have set in.

aud
12-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Started a new week of motivating . . . inspirational . . . & fun filled LC chat here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1963261#post1963261

Disclaimer: ok . . . really just changed the dates!:p