Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:23 PM   #1  
Young and Pretty NYC Girl

Height: 5'6"

Default The new/old/new Core snack rules

Have we talked about this? I apologize if this is a repeat thread, but I did a search and didn't see anything.

So now any core food can be eaten as a snack w/o having to count points for it if it's not ff popcorn, ff milk, a ww smoothie some ww candy or a fruit or veggie.

Honestly I was following the old snack rules anyway. I think alot of people were, which is why they changed it back to the old rules. I left flex because I didn't want to constantly be counting points, and I certainly didn't feel like I should be counting points for things that are core anyway.

How many were following the old snack rules anyway?
Old 12-10-2007, 01:45 PM   #2  
focused and aiming

I was, Cammie. Did you go to WW this week already? I don't go till tomorrow and am wondering if I need to wait to buy groceries after the meeting. Any heads up on what went on at your meeting?
Old 12-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #3  
Young and Pretty NYC Girl

Height: 5'6"

I WI on Saturdays so although I did go this weekend, I didn't get the new materials. I checked the WW message boards and they are saying that the only new change to the program is the snack rule. Everything else is the same. So as far as I know you don't have to wait to grocery shop because nothing else has changed.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Thanks, Cammie. Now if I can get Curtis off the phone, I'll go get groceries.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #5  
WW Core plan

S/C/G: 232~196~155

Height: 5'7"

I'm confused, I have not heard anything on this snacking other than that my leader said the old way was the new way. I started Core today. I thought, as my book states, that I could snack on any Core food (provided it wasn't one with limits...like pasta or something). But I'm wondering how much I should be snacking. When I'm hungry? Fine. But how much do you snack on. A serving size? Till you're in the "Comfort zone"? I mean..it's a snack, it shouldn't be this complicated for me! LOL

Todays snack was some baby carrots and hummus. I can't tell you exactly how many carrots I had...I'm guessing about 10-15 each with a little taste of hummus. Is that too much? Too little?
Old 12-14-2007, 03:28 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Snacks are the same as meals .... until you reach that satisifaction level.

So it may be 5 carrots one day that takes you to being satisfied and another day it may be 25 carrots that takes you to that satisifcation.

My leader recommends starting with what is a normal serving of anything and if you still aren't satisfied to eat another 1/2 serving. However I never count carrots even on flex because I am a rebel. LOL! I didn't get fat eating carrots.......now if it was chocolate carrots that would be a different story.

So the old core snack rule was any core food (the original core plan) and then they changed it to just a few things and now they have changed it back.
Closed Thread