Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 06:19 PM   #1  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Default New to this specific board, but not new to WW

Hi all,

I just thought I'd introduce myself.

I have been on the "healthy lifestyle" kick for about 3 years now. When I first started the healthy lifestyle (I don't like the word diet) I had joined weight watchers. Weight watchers was working for me, and I stopped going and stepped up my exercise game. I've never fully returned to the previous "lifestyle" I led (fried food, sweets, etc.) but I stopped counting points and every now and then, I have a "free day".

Fast forward to 2007. I'm still in the gym doing at least 30 minutes a day, going 3-5 times a week, schedule permitting. The scale is STUCK. I have fluctuated between the same 3 pounds for about 5 months now. I stepped up my workouts to 1.5 - 2 hours (Body has grown accustomed to them?) a few weeks ago - and NOTHING. The scale is still fluctuating between the same 3 pounds. I've heard the rumors about what happens to your metabolism and weight loss when you turn 30, and it looks like it is true (Just turned 30 in april)! I tried extreme fat smash for a brief period of time, and it worked - but was impossible to maintain. After the 2 weeks I did it, I didn't want to see another bowl of rice and beans for a while!

Saturday night, I was reading Jenv's thread on weight watchers is working. It made me decide that I'm joining tomorrow, because I'm tired of this rut I'm in! Besides, it did work for me back in 2004 - so hopefully it will work again! I also have a cruise to go on December 29th, and would love to have lost a few pounds before boarding the ship!

Thanks for listening, wish me luck!

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 12-02-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/183/145

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Ohhh, I'm so glad you're starting again! That was kinda how I was with WW too a couple years back. I started, did well..then just quit counting and writing down what I ate. I'm sure once you start counting points (or doing core, whatever you like) you will get the results you are looking for!
That cruise sounds like a great motivation. I'm sure you will get there. Don't give up!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #3  
Gettin' healthy in 2008

S/C/G: 225/186/125

Height: 5'1"

Default me too

new here but not to WW
this go-around I rejoined on October 6 and am down 14.6 pounds!
Love Weight Watchers!! it works if you work it!

just wanted to say hi - hope to become more active here!!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Frozen Peach !!!! So glad it's working for you! I love my meetings & coming on 3FC for support. (What can I say? I'm a support kinda person.)
Old 12-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Grneyedmustang and Frozen Peach - to this forum. Join a group, if you like, or hang out here in the general area. I look forward to getting to know you both better.
Closed Thread