Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 10:44 PM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Default Feisty and Sexy 50 and 60 Year Olds #162

Karen: Good for your daughter! Maybe if Son see her losing again he might to?
Here hoping anyways.

Maria: So glad you arent going to take the Valium! Sounds like all the plans are coming into place for the wedding! You will deserve that massage next week!

Glenda: We all knew what you meant! Tom hasnt made any movies lately has he?
I havent even seen any old Magnum PI's on either ALAS.......

Later!
Old 01-24-2002, 07:30 AM   #2  

Default Maria good for you

Maria I am happy that you decided not to take the Valium. Good choice. Here's hoping that the weekend is beautiful. Go and enjoy the day. We all can't wait to see the pictures. I have a funny story. My friends dd is getting married in April and she wants her dog [a boxer] to walk down the aisle with her. I understand the priest was speechless when she asked and I don't think it is going to happen. Karen I am happy that your dd made the decision to go to WW. I also have a son needs to lose but can't see it. We also have a lot of heart disease in my family. I keep hoping that he will wake up and do something about it. Have to go send a package to a friend in Florida - I feel like putting myself in the box. It is rainy here today and chilly. Have a good one,
Old 01-24-2002, 05:53 PM   #3  

G'day all

You will all be happy to hear that this is the last post before the big day
It is 9 am here on a very hot day and the forecast is for another very hot day tomorrow, 38 degrees or 102 degrees F.

The wedding is at 11 am and it is in the Mt Lofty Ranges which is always a little cooler than on the Adelaide Plains (http://www.oztravel.com.au/travel_ma..._HCrafers.html) it should be still reasonably cool at 11 in the morning and then afterwards the room where the reception is, is airconditioned.

The bride and groom are getting very excited, the groom will farewell his bride about lunchtime today before meeting again at the wedding.
I feel more in control and hope I don't make too much of a spectacle of myself . I just read dh's speech which was a bit of a tear jerker but I have to say he did say it all beautifully and did not 'waffle' for too long.

Thank you all for your support, I know I am pathetic ,your advice etc has been very much appreciated.

Stay tuned, the next post will be the outcome of the festivities and I hope to post photos as soon as I can, possibly Monday.

Cheers for now
Maria
Old 01-24-2002, 10:00 PM   #4  
Net browser

Default .....Maria

Dear Maria this is a very special time in your daughter's life but it is also is a very special time in yours. I have enjoyed hearing all about the plans for the wedding as I would from my friends who I "see". I know that everything will turn out beautifully and that you will be the loviest Mother of The Bride that any of the guests has ever seen.
I'm looking forward to hearing all about the wedding and of course to seeing some pictures. Enjoy this special day, because it will go so quickly. Slavika
Old 01-24-2002, 10:22 PM   #5  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Enjoy the wedding! Cant wait to see the pictures when you can get them posted. This day is just as important to you, as it is one of your "babies" getting married. You will be beautiful as well as your DD.

Peggy: Never heard of taking a dog down the asile before. But there is always a first!

Night all!
Old 01-25-2002, 07:29 AM   #6  

Maria enjoy yourself all weekend. You will be beautiful and you have not been pathetic. Have a great wedding day. Peggy
Old 01-25-2002, 09:32 AM   #7  

Maria best wishes for today and hope everything turns out as you dreamed.

Peggy that's a new one having your dog walk down the aisle. That's cute,must have lifted some eyebrows.

Karen that is great that your daughter is doing the program....all you can do is be there for her and encourage her.

Trudy how is mom doing? Even more important how are you coping? I have thought of you many times during the last few weeks. I hope that you are releaved and rested now. Talk to you when I get back from Mexico. Take care.

Slavika so long my friend it will be a long time before I see you. We leave very early sunday morning. Don't forget to have a cup a tea with me on tuesday for my b-day.....at least in heart and thought we will be together. Take care of yourself and have a good trip.

Hello to all you ladies out there that I didn't address. Have a great week- end.

DEE
Old 01-25-2002, 12:52 PM   #8  

Dee have fun in Mexico and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a great place to be on your birthday.
Old 01-25-2002, 02:34 PM   #9  
Net browser

Default Happy Birthday and Happy Holiday Dee

Hi Dee I phoned you earlier but ALAS you were not at home. Have a wonderful holiday and a wonderful birthday. I'll see you I guess in March when I get back. Bye now
Old 01-25-2002, 07:15 PM   #10  
Fit and Feisty

Angry Anyone remember me??

Hi to all,

I am the one who gave this group it's name! Haven't posted in a long, long while but just wanted to drop in and say Hi!

My DH who was out of work for 18 months just got hired yesterday at a permanent job, so we are celebrating.

I am working a lot of hours and don't have the time to read and post like I used to.

Just wanted to wish all of you well!

Love,
carree
Old 01-25-2002, 07:37 PM   #11  
Net browser

Hi Carrie it's sure is nice "seeing" you. I remember you. What great news about your hubby getting permanent work. Boy that had to have been a difficult 18 months for both of you. I'm not sure, but I think I remember you said you had a couple of kids, but I don't know if they are still in school or not.
How have you been doing in the weight loss dept? LOL You can just tell me, I won't tell the rest of the gals. Try and stop by more often, love to "see" you.

I did some baking this morning and then this afternoon I had a lake friend over for tea. Nothing else is new with me. Hope you gals all have a nice evening.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:31 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

Red face Good Evening-

Maria: I know you will be a most beautiful mother of the bride, and will be just fine. Looking forward to the pictures. We'll all be waiting to see that new dress you worked so hard to wear, and be sleek.

Lily-Slavika- If you want to refresh your memories and swoon a little, check out A&E I believe at 5:00p.m. est. I catch him every now and then. What a handsome man!!!!!

Peggy: I'm happy to hear the Priest prevailed and the dog stays home. That just proves it takes all kinds.

Tonight was our Chili party. About 82 people. Everyone broughjt some of their favorite chili, and it was all dumped into some great big pots. I brought the white chili for those of us who do not do tomato. The whole thing was a big success, we did line dancing and square dancing, and now I am tired and ready for bed.

Dee: Have a wonderful time in Mexico, and be sure to bring back some of that great silver jewelry.

Carrie: I've joined the group since you started it. Happy that your dh has found a job. That makes for stress and strain for such a long time.

Karen: Glad your daughter is on the program. Mine went back and had to call and gloat a little, that she had lost 5 lbs the first week. Weight-in tomorrow. Hope all the exercise to day will halp the numbers go down.

Trudy: Hope your Mom is doing well. You take care too.

Have a lovely week-end all and will see you later. Ann
Old 01-26-2002, 06:40 PM   #13  
Life Time 2001

Dee: Have a fun trip! Enjoy yourself! And Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Carree: Good to see you! Glad your DH found a new job. Hopefully things will slow down for you some and you can join us again.

Ann: ALAS......I dont have cable so I wont be checking it out. Its one thing DH & I dont agree on. Well there are others Your chili party sure sounded fun!

Trudy: How is your Mom doing?

Slavika: Your funny. Wont tell the other girls

Maria: Stories from the wedding? How did you handle it?

Been a busy day for me so far. Lots of running around. Im pooped. Gonna watch a movie tonight, not sure which one yet. Probably sleep thru it anyways

Hi to everybody else!

Have a great day all!
Old 01-26-2002, 08:56 PM   #14  

Good-Bye everyone and thanks for the birthday wishes. I will post when I get back. Slavika take care of our Trudy til I get back and then I will take over while you are gone.

DEE
Old 01-28-2002, 12:01 AM   #15  

Dear all,

I have only very briefly read the posts but I thought I must let you all know that the wedding and the open house was great.

Our daughter was just beautiful and the whole day was unforgettable. Yes, I did shed a few tears but I wasn't as bad as I thought I would be.
I do have some photos but I am very pushed for time, at the end of the week we are off to Sydney, this week it is catching up with our friends, very little spare time to do anything!

As soon as we get to Sydney (Feb 9) my priority will be to post some photos to share.

In the meantime, you are all in my mind and I thank you all sincerely for the good wishes. I may not get a chance to post till we get to Sydney, when I do you had better get yourself a coffee, put your feet up for a long read

Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread