Weight Loss Support - Your favorite water?

View Full Version : Your favorite water?

Smiling_Sara
11-14-2007, 02:20 PM
What kind of bottled water do you prefer? Do you drink bottled water, or maybe you prefer tap water? I"m fond of Fuji water myself, but it's kind of pricey.

GONNABE165
11-14-2007, 02:23 PM
I drink just about all water no mater the price or temp. but we buy zephyrhills cause thats all my DH will drink

mandalinn82
11-14-2007, 02:30 PM
I drink tap. I drink WAY too much water to pay for bottled, lol. I've checked the environmental safety reports for the water in my area and it is just as safe as bottled, so it is all I drink. I also try to avoid bottled water because of the environmental impact...choosing tap over bottled water is an easy "green" choice, for me.

I installed a Brita sink filter to filter out impurities, though I rarely use it. I'm all adjusted to the tap now.

modkittn
11-14-2007, 02:32 PM
I prefer tap water, but not for taste reasons. I think all water tastes just about the same. I hate the waste that is produced from drinking bottle water - all that plastic.

msister
11-14-2007, 02:32 PM
I, too, like Fiji but found the price ridiculous. I buy Crystal Geyser and it's every bit as clean tasting as Fiji. I cook with, use it to make coffee and of course drink it. I think all bottled water tastes better if it's chilled, though.

CG is normally about 6.99 a case from the large grocery chains around here, but I found it at Food4Less (which I don't really like that store much) for 3.99 per case and that's their regular price. I normally take a male relative with me and stock up with 6 or 8 cases at a time. We use a lot of water every day!

msister
11-14-2007, 02:34 PM
I prefer tap water, but not for taste reasons. I think all water tastes just about the same. I hate the waste that is produced from drinking bottle water - all that plastic.

Where I live the tap water is just awful. We recycle the bottles from our water, but I have been thinking about getting a Britta filter or something like that. I just wonder how long it takes for one pitcher to filter through - does anyone know?

lovinlifex2
11-14-2007, 02:38 PM
I like the square fiji bottles, but it is to expensive for me. I buy Nestle Pure Life and it isn't too outrageous - $3.88 for 24 bottles. I bring one to work with me every morning and and refill it here from the purified water cooler that we have in the office.

mandalinn82
11-14-2007, 02:46 PM
msister - you can get a Brita that will install on your faucet spout. It fills a glass in probably 10 seconds, or you can fill a pitcher and stick it in the fridge. I find these are easier to use than the pitchers, because I can get filtered water "on demand", rather than having to remember to fill up the pitcher when it is empty.

NightengaleShane
11-14-2007, 02:48 PM
I drink tap and filter it, of course. Pure tap IS disgusting, but if you put a filter on the sink and then pour it into a filtered canister, it's definitely drinkable. :)

junebug41
11-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Where I live the tap water is just awful. We recycle the bottles from our water, but I have been thinking about getting a Britta filter or something like that. I just wonder how long it takes for one pitcher to filter through - does anyone know?

I definitely agree that not all tap water is created equal, but also believe that it's all safe. The tap water here tastes just fine and I too have seen the reports and don't mind it (especially with how much water I drink). I'm lucky to have a deep rock dispenser at work.

If you are thinking about a brita, I would go with the tap filter instead of the pitcher- it's more convenient IMO and takes less time.

modkittn
11-14-2007, 03:03 PM
I drink tap and filter it, of course. Pure tap IS disgusting, but if you put a filter on the sink and then pour it into a filtered canister, it's definitely drinkable. :)

I disagree! I like the tap water where I live, but I HATED it in the last place I lived and had to filter it for the taste AND for health reasons. Where I am now, the water is safe and it tastes good :)

NightengaleShane
11-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Hmmm. interesting. *I've* never had good tasting tap water :barf:

zenor77
11-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Personally I'm more concerned about what plastic bottles leach into the water stored in them then whats in my tap water. We do filter our water (the big fridge container from Pur) because we are renting a really old house and I'm unsure as to what the pipes are made of. At work I drink straight from the tap.

On the subject of Fiji water. I know so many people who love it, but to me it tastes incredibly metallic. I guess my taste buds are ultra sensitive or something.

All that said, I do buy "treat" water on occasion. I love Gerolsteiner sparkling mineral water. It comes in a glass bottle. I actually used it to wean myself off of soda (I craved bubbles.)

SoulBliss
11-14-2007, 03:30 PM
We have a local water store where the water is triple filtered, it goes through reverse osmosis and is distilled. We have huge bottles and a dispenser we refill weekly.

As an occasional treat, when it's on sale (buy one get one free) I will buy Penta Hydrate. I like Aquafina too. (I prefer purified/distilled to "Spring" water).

Rhighlan86
11-14-2007, 03:40 PM
I'll drink any water but Dasani...I think it has a funny taste

alinnell
11-14-2007, 03:47 PM
I drink tap, filtered through my fridge, at home. If I buy bottled, I buy Arrowhead--it's pretty reasonably priced and tastes very good. I very much dislike Aquafina and Dasani (but if I had to pick between the two, it would be Dasani). I like Fuji.

On this same vein, do you drink carbonated water? I like Arrowhead withe lemon or any of the Perrier as well as San Pellegrino. I've been thinking I ought to curtail my habit and buy one of these:

http://www.frontgate.com/jump.jsp?sort=-1&itemID=10255&itemType=PRODUCT&AS=1&keyword=penguin&page=1

drake3272004
11-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Our tap tastes GREAT! That's usually the only thing I drink, if it didn't taste good I would try using the Brita filter.

FrouFrou
11-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Right now Ozarka...but with all the people in the house (5) drinking water it is getting costly. In a week or so DH is going to get a filtration/osmosis system and we will start with the tap. Just can't see wasting the money on the bottled anymore. I have never gotten water at a restaurant and today while out with DS I actually got a glass and drank it...it tasted good! Was expecting some nasty tasting tap water.

msister
11-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestions about the tap filter, but my faucet is one of those pull out spray thingies, not a regular faucet, so I don't believe that option will work for me.

It looks like this: http://z.about.com/d/interiordec/1/0/8/U/1/Moen87550c.jpg

I can probably have my plumber install a filter under the sink and put a fill spout off to the side.

almostheaven
11-14-2007, 04:52 PM
I'll drink any water. Mostly I just refill bottles from home...cheaper. But the BOTTLES I like are pull spout and it seems no one likes to make those anymore. They have twist or flip off caps. So I found one at a convenience store/gas station. And I like that it has the added oomph, but it does tend to give it a slight aftertaste. Not bad...just enough to let me know it's not just water so that maybe I focus on it too much. Anyway, it's called SmartWater and it has added electrolytes.

jtammy
11-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Tap water filtered through a Brita pitcher. We keep a full container of water in the fridge, and keep the pitcher out constantly filtering water. I'm not picky about water. I just don't want it to have a strong taste.

msister
11-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Tap water filtered through a Brita pitcher. We keep a full container of water in the fridge, and keep the pitcher out constantly filtering water. I'm not picking about water. I just don't want it to have a strong taste.

Good to know about the Brita.

BTW, your stats are amazing. I had to read it twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things! What an accomplishment, jtammy.

gailr42
11-14-2007, 06:13 PM
We get our water from our own well and it is very good.

For a treat, I like the bubbly water. The one Zenor mentioned, Poland spring and Perrier. I have gotten the Gerolsteiner at Trader Joe's for a pretty good price.

GatorgalstuckinGA
11-14-2007, 08:01 PM
i just drink tap...although..if the drought in atlanta continues...we may be drinking from bottle water soon LOL. And i agree with Righlan...HATE dasani...taste funny to me...and gives me heartburn...it always makes me wonder why something that is suppose to be pure water gives me hearburn...well look on the label...all the minerals in it (Na+ and K+ to be exact). Hmmm id rather just get tap for free

Sexyshado
11-15-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm one of those people who hasn't found a good tasting tap water. I am actually very picky about the water I drink.. For me it's the Nestles Pure Life (3.88 at walmart) or Deja Blue.

Edit: I do use tap water to make sugar free juice.

Lekhika
11-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Just chiming in to say, I drink tap preferably a little warm. Can't drink cold water...I just hate the brain freeze.

HarpoChicoGroucho
11-15-2007, 11:34 AM
There are quite a few bottle waters that actually come from tap. Dasani comes from a municipal water supply. And if Coke is doing it, you can bet that many others follow suit.

Here's an article all about it:

http://http://media.www.newsrecord.org/media/storage/paper693/news/2007/11/07/Opinion/Bottled.Water.Does.Not.Have.Any.Advantage.Over.Tap-3082817.shtml

luey
11-15-2007, 01:41 PM
I used to think most tap water had a funny taste until I lived in a rural area where the water was awful. For a few months while I was there we were actually on a boil order and had to boil all our water. Boiled water is even more disgusting. I was working outside in 100+ degree temps and needed water, and the closest grocery store was 45 minutes away - definately difficult to buy water. And expensive, and I hate the environmental concerns.

Since I moved back to an urban area, I've had no more problems with tap water. Anything tastes better than the tap water where I was living before. I found that keeping the water very cold made it have less of a taste, so perhaps some of you tap water-haters could try that.

modkittn
11-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Just chiming in to say, I drink tap preferably a little warm. Can't drink cold water...I just hate the brain freeze.

I also drink warm water. I don't like it when it is colder than room temperature :)

Casandra
11-15-2007, 02:13 PM
I have a brita pitcher now, it sits outside our fridge, because people in the UK only make fridges the size of a bread box. *grumbles*

I prefer my water cold, and I drink a good 6+ litres a day.

nylisa
11-15-2007, 03:26 PM
I like Poland Spring's sparkling flavored water. Mandarin Orange & Lime/Raspberry being my 2 favorites.