UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:29 AM   #1  

Height: 163cm

Default Has anyone tried tae bo workouts?

I've just started doing the dvd's. Good fun!
Has anyone tried them. Did they work for you?
cammii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

it was the best WO I ever did, BUT I burnt out fast! They did not have the variety that they have now back then. Have fun, I felt super strong doing them....
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/236/140

Height: 5'6"

I've done the Billy Blanks one. I really enjoyed it and it allowed u to work out at different levels.
fee2482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #4  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I do the Billy Blanks tae bo videos on occasion - they have a waqy of making you feel awesome about yourself. Good luck!
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

I really enjoy Billy Blanks Tae Bo. It’s the only DVD exercise video that has kept my attention, and I did notice the difference in my body. I found it extremely hard at first, now the intermediate DVD is getting too easy, though the advanced does me in. I try to do it about once a week one the days that I don’t go to the Gym. It can be a little cheesy at times ‘Give you self a hug’ ‘Believe in yourself’ ‘Your doing what the boys in Iraq are doing’ Etc but that aside they are very motivational and enjoyable, and after a stressful day at work it’s good to imagine some clients faces at the ends of your punches or kicks

I am actually leaving work now to go and do some Tae Bo, so that I can go out tonight and eat and drink guilt free!
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:26 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6" (167cm)

It's been a year or four but I used to love going to Tae Bo. It's not easy but the sense of achievement at completing each class is immense!

I lost three stones in three months by eating healthily and doing at least four classes a week of Tao Bo/Circuit Training/Bodyblast/Fitball/Bodypump. Sadly I let it all slide and put it all on plus an extra 2 stone for luck

Now I've dredged up the willpower for another go I'm starting to contemplate taking up some exercise again. Think I'll start with the videos and work up from there. Billy Blanks rocks
dawnie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:23 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

LOL I bought the last set the bootcamp ones but they were too much for me so sadly they've stayed in the boxes along with countless other ones i've bought over the years maybe I should give it a go this weekend off in a bit for a game of badminton with a friend, that should be a laugh not done owt like that since I was a school
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:28 AM   #8  

I've also tried the billy blanks, but back when I was fitter... I tried recently and I nearly died 3 minutes in But when I did it years ago I found it extremley fun!
Katibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:18 AM   #9  

I love Taebo! I workout at home, so it fits in really nicely with weight training and other DVD's. I agree with some of the other folks, it does make you feel incredibly strong. Over the past couple of months I've been doing the bootcamp series with the resistence bands, talk about intense, but it's a great burn. I saw more definition in my arms fairly quickly.
Does anyone know if there are other Taebo videos that use the bands?
lola06 is offline   Reply With Quote