Old 11-11-2007, 09:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Default Just what I needed now..NOT!

I am just starting back and feeling so great about it...and this coming Wednesday is my son's fall sing along and lunch at preschool. I have to bring two 2 liters, a dessert, and mac and cheese I have a plan for the eating part of the day...but I am not prepared to cook those items for that many people and trust myself not to start "tasting." I am very nervous about it anyway, having never cooked for that many people and being unsure how to do the mac and cheese...I am just *so* nervous!!!!

Does anyone have any dessert ideas? It will be for 18 three year olds and two adult guests each. Just not what I need to be worrying about right now! I knew starting at this time of year would be difficult, but I don't want to go the next two months gaining more just because it's hard...I can do this...somehow

Any tips, ideas, personal experiences to get through this?
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #2  
No description available.

I know you have to make it, but you do NOT have to eat it. You do NOT have to taste it!

I know somewhere around here is a mock pumpkin pie recipe. Maybe someone more knowledgable than I will be along soon. It is basically the inside of a pumpkin pie, but with a healthier twist.

Mac and cheese is just going to be generally unhealthy. You can doctor it up with chicken and broccoli, and use low fat cheese for the sauce.

Decide you are going to stay on plan. I know you can do it!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:26 AM   #3  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

This is definitely one of those challenging times that I can relate too. I started baking and decorating cakes before I decided to lose the weight so of course, people come to me now for cakes when I would really rather not. So here's what I do to keep the cake batter and frosting from crossing my lips... I use the teeth whitening strips (the kind that you can get at the drug store and that stick to your uppers and lowers) while baking and decorating. Eating anything with those on your teeth is just disgusting.

Good luck. I know you can get through this!!
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:15 AM   #4  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

LOL Gina, teeth whitening strips? That's awesome!! You're teeth will be whitier, and you'll be guilt free... I love it Yeah, I am not sure what types of desserts are really good... but I am sure if you went on a place like www.allrecipes.com, you would be able to look up tons of low fat desserts and versions of mac and cheese, and other people who have tried the dishes rate them, so you could tell if they tasted good, without having to taste test them yourself. I dunno if that helps, but good luck!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:45 AM   #5  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

This is one of my favorite sites for recipes! She is fabulous!!

http://www.aimeesadventures.com/

All nutritional info provided along with points for us WW's.
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I have already decided on the dessert...I have these little tin foil baking cups shaped like stars and hearts, and I am going to make Jello in them with extra gelatin, dump them out in their shapes and put a little spiral of whipped topping on them. I am only making enough for each child to have one, so no temptation for me. From the list of desserts for adults, I am not reallly tempted by them, thankfully!

it's taking home the extra mac and cheese that will do me in, so I am taking it in a throw away foil dish, and will let someone else take it home! I also plan to exercise before and after going, and to drink at least one bottle of my water for the day just before going. I will also take a bottle with me, because they will only have coke and sweet tea, def. not on plan for me.

I am using my mom's recipe for the mac and cheese, which I loved as a child, but it is way, way, way unhealthy and I am going to try not to have it. It's hard because it's one of those things that were so special as a child when she did it from scratch and we ate it warm with tomatoes...so it's like that child part of my brain wants that comfort and love I associate with it. If that makes any sense

Thanks for all the ideas...Gina, that is an awesome idea about the whitening strips! I would never have thought of that one.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Glad you have a plan! Sounds like it will work!!! Aren't you proud of yourself for caring enough to make a plan?!! I am! Good for you!
Gina, that's got to be one of the best tips I've heard of yet!
PeggyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #8  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like you've thought this through and have a plan you can follow. That's half the battle!! As for mom's mac and cheese...lighten it up where you can, skim milk instead of whole milk, 2% or other low fat cheese instead of the full fat kind, etc. Then.....work a small portion of it into your plan for the day! You'll have a taste and not feel cheated and will be less likely to binge later on. Good luck!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote