Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-08-2007, 10:55 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Looking for a Protien powder to add to hot beverages

I think I'm becoming my grandmother! She always wanted hot soup and hot coffee!
What's in my peapod shopping cart 7000 kinds of soup!
Do you all know any good Protien powders that mix well and don't get clumpy with hot beverages or maybe oatmeal without getting chalky?
Cold shakes are not going to do it for me when the weather dips down lower and my not so old old bones bellow
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

Kier - it's hard to suggest something. protein denatures with the heat, so whatever you end up using, you'll have to drink it FAST. someone i knew used a whey-based vanilla powder in her coffee. can't remember the brand, though. it was something she picked up at a local GNC in Morris County, so it couldn't have been too exotic.

and some of the ladies in Maintainers/Ladies who lift sprinkle a chocolate whey-based protein on their oatmeal.

let us know what you've tried!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/198/130

Height: 5'4"

I use Unjury. I use it with Slim Fast, when I have a glass of it. I'm reading here it says it's good for soups too (not above 130*F. It says texture will be affected.

I think it's very good. Very very little taste to it. You might want to look it up on the web. It's only available on the web, as far as I know.

Good luck!

Dina

Last edited by Dina 556; 11-09-2007 at 12:17 PM.
Dina 556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 277/134/140

Height: 5'4"

I use a scoop of EAS vanilla in my coffee every morning. It mixes up well at the temperature of coffee right out of my coffee maker. I was at work one day and heated a cup of water in the microwave and made instant coffee. Water was way too hot I guess... the protein powder just curdled up...gross.
Maybe if I'd mixed it up and then heated it...I dunno.
magi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:15 PM   #5  

This is not a protein powder but it was what my surgeon told me to use when I had my surgery 6 years ago. One serving provides you with 20 grams of protein.

1 package of No Sugar Added carnation instant breakfast
1/4 cup powdered milk
8oz skim milk
I make mine hot. I heat up the milk, I add the milk powder then add the chocolate carnation and it is like having hot chocolate. Yummy!!
nitengal42in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #6  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

EAS chocolate mixed with cocoa power and splenda is good but you need to mix it up before hand and then heat it up in the microwave. There is also Beneprotien that you can mix with anything and then heat it up. Just not past the 130 degrees. Unjury Unflavored mixes well AND they make a chicken broth flavor that not half bad!

I posted a bit ago that I bought the nectar 21 flavor sample pack! that sounds like fun!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:29 AM   #7  
Old Cackler

angela - you haven't had your surgery yet, but you're sounding like a PRO!!!!

BTW, where did you find the nectar sample pack??? i've been seeing some interesting flavors, but didn't want to buy the whole tub.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:32 AM   #8  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

enjoyhealth.com The price wasn't bad ($26.00) but my daughter ordered it for me and I just looked at the cost of shipping! $9.87! Doesn't that sound high?

Anyway, it wil be nice to try all the different ones.

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote