Old 11-07-2007, 11:12 PM   #1  

Thumbs up I'm starting my life over.

I haven't been around here much lately because I've been really busy making a huge change in my life...

Moving out on my own

Yes, its about time!! Finally at 21 years old, I'm getting out of my mom's house, and into my own house! Well.. Trailer house to be exact... But its mine! I bought it! Anyway, its being moved here tomorrow, and hopefully by next week my cousins will have it insulated (sp?), and skirted, and the few minor fix-ups done, and I'll have it cleaned and painted (just the kitchen needs paint, thankfully), and all moved in!!! I'm hopeing it goes smoothy...

But I really hope that this will help me on my diet... Being on my own, I'll get to make the choice of having pizza and candy in the house or not (I'm thinking NOT!). Unlike here, where there is so much temptation from what everyone else buys. And I'll get to choose whats made for meals.

I'm sure its going to be harder than I think, but I'm hopeing this will help.

I'm putting my stationary bike, tredmill, and weights in the second bedroom, with a small tv and vcr for my work out videos, so I'll have my own little "gym"...
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Congratulations! What a huge step at your age. At 21 I was having trouble figuring out how to get my laundry done while at college, forget actually buying a home. (Thank goodness there was a fashion at the time of wearing sweatshirts inside out. )

It'll be a huge help being able to control what kinds of food you have around. It's going to be very exciting; have fun.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:01 AM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Wow, Congrats on the home buy, and moving out.
I know you can do this!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:15 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Yay for you!!!! Congrats on moving out & going it on your own. I did that about a year and a half ago. And it's tougher at first than it sounds. Yes, you get to make ALL the decisions, but it can be a little overwhelming. No matter, you'll learn & it's VERY worth it ^^

I suggest in as far as changing what you eat that you start with those groceries. Get in the habit now of making a list & sticking to what's on it. Fresh fruits & vegetables, lean meats & dairy products etc etc. Things you've heard all before. Now, you're also on a budget, so don't do what I did and buy a bunch of lean stuff but then not cook with it or eat it.

You'll be busy, but it's well worth the hassle to plan a meal ahead of time. I'm not sure how close to a good store you'll be, but there have been weeks where almost every day I had to stop at the store & pick up some fresh meat or vegetables. (Again, WORTH IT!) That way you aren't wasting food in case plans change.

The best of luck to you! I hope everything goes smoothly!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:57 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Wow. That's just GREAT. How very exciting. Sounds like fun actually. Good luck to you. And though you're busy, try and pop in every now and then and let us know how you're doing.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:11 AM   #6  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Lol, hey there. It's really exciting to move out of the parents' house... I just did it myself! Mind you, it was because I got married... but it's still fun Robin41 is right... being able to control the food that is in your house is a godsend in regards to dieting. I could never diet while living with my parents... I swear my mom was making a dessert at least twice a week, and she would get upset with me if I didn't stuff myself with whatever she made for supper. lol I know she had good intentions though. Anyways, have a blast, and enjoy your new-found freedom!!!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

Lalique! Good to see you around again!

Congrats on the home buy. That is so exciting!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:39 AM   #8  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

my gosh, what an exciting time in your life! yay! There's an old saying "start as you mean to go on" meaning, get into great habits right away and they just might stick for a lifetime! isn't that great? I'm really happy for you!!

Any chance you could invest in a small apartment-sized freezer or do you have one? that's a great investment I think - can save you so much money in the long run, and save you calories when it's last minute and you're starving you can say "hey i've got some chicken and rice already made up" and just nuke it! yay!

keep us posted on your progress!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:50 AM   #9  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

That's awesome congrats 21 and already out on your own. I'm 23 and still trying to figure what to do. Enjoy your independence!
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote