Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-04-2007, 05:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm Pathetic!!

This three week full liquid thing is just about to do me in! If I don't get something more substantial, I'm going to start and chew my arm off. Nov. 8th seems so far away. I'm busier and more active and I swear on the full liquid, everything shoots straight through and there is nothing to hold you. I know this will pass and hundreds before me have done it and survived. If you don't hear from me for a while it is because I did chew my arm off and can't type with one hand. I really don't feel hungry, but if I haven't eaten in three hours I get all shaky and light headed. When I travel I now pack a case with Profect Bullets, yogart and such. I hope every one is doing well; Newbies and the Experienced WLS people. My grandson told me my face was getting wrinkly. I really haven't had a lot of wrinkles, and now that the fat is going even my dimples are sagging along with a couple of other things. I have been going to the thrift stores to find things with long sleeves because I'm feezing. Haven't had too much luck. Found a great big bright yellow sweat shirt; you can see me a mile away. I don't care it is warm. My new nickname is Big Bird Granny!!!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #2  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile You are NOT pathetic Granny Bird

Well, I am not sure why you are having a liquid program but I hope that it is medically supervised.

As long as you are warm it doesn't matter what you "look" like. I am sure the grandkids like to snuggle up to granny.

Health first, vanity second (maybe even tenth)

Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

The first 21 days after my RNY, my doctor has us stay on a full liquid diet with lots of protein supplements. Believe me I'm counting down. Then pureed for two weeks. One week of soft; and then real food. Really has given me time to start and study the labels and decide a plan of action when it is real food time.

Oh I don't care about the wrinkles; they build character! LOL! The health benefit, I've already noticed a difference in my artificial knee. Not as much pressure and not as much clicking and pain. That is a blessed relief. Hope it does the same for the rest of my body and my back. Crossing my fingers.

Thanks for the encouragement!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:55 AM   #4  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

hi nancy,,,,,, sounds like your up and going.. guess im doing it different. im nearly one month out now. i dont go out a lot just been to weak in the knees. do get in all my protein, vitamins,eating pureed foods and doc says im doing fantastic . Just gonna take this 62 year old a little time to heal and i dont want to get some flu bug from some teller at the store... Im only doing rubber band exercising but decided to try and have patience, cause im not up against a race with anybody but me. I only dumped once on squash, to much sugar!! Cloths are getting baggy and i like them that way for a change!! No hurry to buy another tite size!! Had a lot of depression and fatique but was told that was normal after surgery for lots of people, so trying to work through that. Still no support from Dh so i manage to do most of my wls sharing with daughter who is long distance from me.. i hope to find a support group in bigger city and join one... need to get out more in the future if the roads and winter isnt to bad.. im determined to stay with this new wls lifestyle... and use those walking poles.... have patience... carvinmom
carvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Nan! You're Not Pathetic You're Human!!!
I couldn't stand the liquid phase mine was supposed to be 2 weeks I didn't stick it. . .(I also got sick from the shakes but still!) The 8th is almost here!
as for the wrinkles I noticed some face sagginess in me (i'm only 31) and it's only recently that I've stopped having alien skeletal face!
For the record I'm still cold all the time!!
Put on your big yellow sweatshirt and Strut your stuff!
Carvin Keep the faith we're here for you. . .hopefully when dh sees how well you're doing he'll hop on board!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #6  

Boy do I remember those days. I didn't want to see another applesauce, jello, broth or anything that was liquid or "soft" but you have made it and just take one day at a time. I wish you teh best of luck.
Carmela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

I am cold all the time too. Does anyone know what that is?
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ophelia, I figured it was lack of INsulation and still having a slow metabolism
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 385/238/145

Height: 5'11"

Carvin' I hope you just try to be nice to yourself. It's a hard row for us to sow. And Nan, you sound like you're doing great! Good on you!
Hug for everybody!
jaxnlula is offline   Reply With Quote