LA Weight Loss - Thanksgiving Challenge (cont'd)

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Challenge (cont'd)

bradleys mom
10-31-2007, 09:37 PM
Here we go a fresh thread for a fresh start!

chiquita623
11-01-2007, 01:42 PM
My Thanksgiving goal is to lose 6 pounds. And if that fails, I would at least like to be in the 160's. And to be POP. That would also be nice.

amylou7777
11-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Yay! Starting fresh! I'm feeling motivated since I only have 5lbs to go. Taking it one meal at a time!

jean2299
11-01-2007, 10:11 PM
I am setting a goal of 7 pounds.

Jamiep03
11-02-2007, 09:34 AM
I want to lose 6 lbs by thanksgiving.

shshshhh
11-02-2007, 07:29 PM
I am glad we started a new thread for this challenge. Setting a goal of 7 pounds for Thanksgiving. Will fix my ticker.

Roberta

AvidKayaker
11-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks for starting this new thread for the Thanksgiving challenge. I am going with 7 pounds lost by Thanksgiving. We can do this!

Katy66
11-05-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm going to try to be a bit more realistic this time. My Thanksgiving Goal is 5 pounds and my personal goal for the next two weeks is to remain POP!!!!!!!!

monster66
11-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Well I missed my Halloween goal by 2 lbs but I will forget about that and set my goal at 7 lbs from this point by Thanksgiving. We can all do this with each others encouragement!

bradleys mom
11-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Lets make Sunday the 11th our midway check- in for the Thansgiving goals!

I am weighing in tomorrow, I feel pretty good about! Will update in the morning.

Tuesday Cool
11-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Count me in for the challenge. I need five more pounds by turkey day. I may not make it, but it is good to try! I will be eating mashed potatoes on the day. But till then I will control. T

bradleys mom
11-07-2007, 11:22 AM
I WI this morning, and was down 2.0, back to my low of 241.8 . I am hoping to get into the 230's by next week. :) Have a good POP day!

amylou7777
11-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Way to go Kim! I am aiming for the 230s as well-but hopefully by thanksgiving! You can DEFINITELY get there by next week. Just keep up that POP!
I w/i Saturday so hopefully there will be an improvement on the scale!

chiquita623
11-07-2007, 04:08 PM
I'll have to make either Saturday the 10th my official WI day or Tuesday the 13th my day. I'm going to DD's in St. Louis this weekend. I'm still trying my darndest to get into the 160's. We can do this ladies!!

bradleys mom
11-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Good Luck with upcoming WI's

I WI this morning and I am at 240.2 (I think I was in the 230's but had a 10 oz OP smoothie before I went!!)

I am aiming for 238 by next Wednesday :)

Kim0303
11-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Ok ladies, went to WI today. Told counselor I wasn't losing fast enough. So she changed my menu. Said I could be down 3 pounds by next Saturday if I did what she said. I am like Kim, I got to get under 180, that is driving me nuts! I have been in the upper 180s for so long it is crazy. I am at 185 today. So we will see. I have got to stay POP and quit munching. I am also going to start an exercise link back to. I know Kimberly has done that and it has fizzled but I need to do it to at least walk one mile a day. Two to three miles would be better.

shshshhh
11-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Well, at WI this morning I was down 2 pounds. Not sure if I can lose another 5 pounds by the 22nd, but I sure will try. Actually, I WI on Saturday mornings, so that gives me an extra 2 days theoretically. Of course, that will include turkey day. :)

Roberta

AvidKayaker
11-11-2007, 11:13 AM
It's check in day, midway to Thanksgiving. I am down 1.2 pounds since Halloween...it's TOM :( and I am hopeful that by Thanksgiving I can be down another few pounds. Even if I don't make goal at least the ticker is slowly moving to the right. :)

AvidKayaker
11-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Kim0303
Ok ladies, went to WI today. Told counselor I wasn't losing fast enough. So she changed my menu. Said I could be down 3 pounds by next Saturday if I did what she said. I am like Kim, I got to get under 180, that is driving me nuts! I have been in the upper 180s for so long it is crazy. I am at 185 today. So we will see. I have got to stay POP and quit munching. I am also going to start an exercise link back to. I know Kimberly has done that and it has fizzled but I need to do it to at least walk one mile a day. Two to three miles would be better.

Hi Kim #3 -- Wish you the best with the new food and exercise plan. :hug: How did she change your menu? You were on Plan 3, I think, did she put you on plan 2?

Kim0303
11-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Lisa, No she didn't change my plans. She changed my menu according to when I am awake. I will get it and post what she said. She also said if I could do citrus (cantelope "I didn't know that was citrus", tangerines, oranges, grapefruit, pineapple, etc.) that would help. She told me to make sure I was doing 8oz of yogurt (sweetened artificially) and that it was 100 calories or less (she said food city brand fit this bill). She also said for me to eat my fats early and not late like I was. Try to get most of your calories in before 5. That is all I can remember now. I will check and post the menu in a minute.

Roberta, Love the reindeer! My WI in now on Saturday too. I do go in at other times but I am only focusing on Saturdays because I am wearing the same thing and going at the same time by appt. I will however weigh in on Wednesday before because I do not want Turkey day to be my final total and it might encourage me not to eat to much if I can get under 180.

Kim0303
11-11-2007, 02:19 PM
6:30 Protein, Starch
9:00 Fat, Fruit
11:00 Prot, 2 veg, starch, fat
1:00 1/2 dairy, starch
3:00 1/2 dairy, fruit
5:00 Prot, 2 veg, 1 starch
7:00 1/2 dairy, fruit
9:00 1/2 dairy
Bedtime 11:30
Ok this schedule is with me getting up at 6 and going to bed at 11:30. If your schedule is different than that, you can adjust. Just eat within 45 minutes of getting up and at least 2 hrs before you go to bed but eat at least every two hours when you are up to keep your metabolism going but do your fats early. She said the 1/2 of dairy by itself is fine. 1/2 protein by itself would be ok too. just don't have fat after dinner.

shshshhh
11-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Kim #3

I loved the reindeer too when I saw someone else using it. Thanks for posting your adjusted menu, I am going to adapt the times and portions to my plan (Red1 w/o lites) and try to eat every two hours. Someone once posted on another thread about logs and kindling and basically you should combine foods so that you are eating a protein (including a dairy) with a starch or a fruit, vegetable anytime you eat and I have been doing this. I find that it cuts out cravings this way too. I usually eat 10 nuts for my fat and have it with an apple mid morning or mid afternoon.

Glad to see there is another person who WI's on Saturday. I am keeping that schedule next week because I figure that will keep me 'legal' on Thanksgiving since WI is only two days after that. I like wearing the same things when I go too. How funny we are. :) :)

Roberta

Lynx
11-11-2007, 04:51 PM
6:30 Protein, Starch
9:00 Fat, Fruit
11:00 Prot, 2 veg, starch, fat
1:00 1/2 dairy, starch
3:00 1/2 dairy, fruit
5:00 Prot, 2 veg, 1 starch
7:00 1/2 dairy, fruit
9:00 1/2 dairy
Bedtime 11:30
Ok this schedule is with me getting up at 6 and going to bed at 11:30. If your schedule is different than that, you can adjust. Just eat within 45 minutes of getting up and at least 2 hrs before you go to bed but eat at least every two hours when you are up to keep your metabolism going but do your fats early. She said the 1/2 of dairy by itself is fine. 1/2 protein by itself would be ok too. just don't have fat after dinner.

Kim,

Thanks for sharing. I am just curious - what do you usually use for your fat? I always seem to use almonds. They just are so handy for me.

LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 55 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

jean2299
11-13-2007, 02:34 PM
My halfway point is today - 4 lbs down, 3 to go.

chiquita623
11-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Oops - I forgot to post on the 10th. My official WI was still at 171. I'm still hoping to be in the 160's by next Thursday. Everyone keep up the good work. It may be slow but it will come off.

amylou7777
11-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Hi all! I'm still officially at 244-5 more lbs?! Man does the time fly. But I'm hoping to w/i tomorrow since my home scale is showing me down some! I'm hoping it's true and that it sticks til tomorrow!

KEEP on going everyone!

whatazoo
11-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Well, I am down to 159 even. I don't know that I will get 4 pounds off in one week, but I'll sure try! Good luck to everyone else and congrats to all the losers!!

KSingleton
11-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Time to fess up...I didn't lose my goal by Halloween and I'm nowhere close to my goal for Thanksgiving. Turkey Day is basically 7 days away, and I would love to just lose 2lbs in that time. Can I do it?

bradleys mom
11-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey gals. Not sure if I'm going to make this one either. I have been sick with a bad sinus infections since Sunday, and I havent been OP since Tuesday. I feel pretty rotten! Skipped class Monday and tonight. Hope everyone else is doing well, oh and Amy, love the new avatar, you look fabulous!

amylou7777
11-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Hi Kimberley I sent you a PM and am hoping you are feeling much better soon!

I am so ready to get to my w/i. The reduced hours at COD are really making it difficult to get in there any more than once a week. I really do better when I can w/i often. I'm pretty sure I'm down another lb-man has it been slow lately! But that's ok- better down than up!

GL ladies! Since it doesnt look like I'm going to make Tgiving goal so I'm going to extend it to the end of the month!

bradleys mom
11-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Amy I PM'd you back! :) I may extend my goal as well. I think these sick weeks should not be counted... But thats why I dont own a business I like to cut corners too much. lol

I am feeling much better today. It's snowing here and I am loving it! This is the earliest snow we've had in a while! And the snow brought on my Christmas mood, so the Christmas tree went up today. No decorations yet, that will come next week. DS is loving it!! He is really going to enjoy Christmas this year!

Scale looks to be down so hopefully my Saturday morning WI will reflect a loss and not a gain from my sick-non-POP days!

amylou7777
11-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Wow Kim! I wish it would snow here! How fun. I have been fighting the urge to bust out the xmas decorations for the past few weeks. I am a Christmas fanatic and it seems like every year I get a little more into it! We have an artificial tree so I guess I could get it out whenever I feel like it!

FEEL BETTER!

monster66
11-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi everyone....Looks like I wont make my Tgiving goal either but I too am going to extend it to the end of the month. For some reason, it seems that when I make specific amount of pounds by a specific date it just never works out even when I am doing what I am supposed to do!

bradleys mom
11-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Well the sickness wasnt too hard on me. I was only up .6 today. Which is good. Im still not in the 230's but I am working on it! :)

Kim0303
11-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Lynn, Sorry I didn't answer you sooner. I tend to use whatever nut we have in the house as a fat. My daughter loves walnuts so that is usually it or unsalted sunflower seeds.

I was to WI this morning but was up most of the night sick. Not able to breathe. I have a bad sinus infection and my ear is starting to hurt. I had a toothache earlier in the week. Got that taken care of until next Tuesday when they will finish a root canal and put on a temp. If I get to go. I can't breathe through my nose and you know know they love to cover your mouth opening with a gate, so we will see about the tooth. I am going to Dr on monday to get antibiotics. Would go to a 24 hour clinic but he told me not to waist my time that last time I told him I was going because he said they won't give out antibiotics. They are from a different school. So I don't know if that is true or he has just been my Dr for so long that he doesn't want anyone else messing with me. Oh well. I like him. He has taken good care of me for a long time and he is around my age.

Anyway with all that rambling, I don't know my weight. I will find out later when I get to feeling good enough to go to the center.

Hang in there. Stay POP for me because it sure isn't happening here. I am asleep to much.

shshshhh
11-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Down 2 more. I will have to lose 3 more by next Saturday if I want to make my "Thanksgiving" goal (really, it is the Saturday after T'giving, because I WI on Saturdays. Talked to the counsellor about if I should go in on Wednesday and we decided I should stick to my Saturday WIs cause then I will be accountable for Thanksgiving. Good idea, cause otherwise I would have the extra 3 days to 'play with' and I have defnitely "been there, done that". LOL

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

I am editing my post because I decided to do a 2 day '"quickie takeoff". Figured it would give me a shot at making my goal of 3 more pounds this week, what with Thanksgiving and all.

Roberta

Kim0303
11-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Ok went to WI this morning because I wasn't able to go to work. No voice. Going to Dr at 1. Down to 183.6. "So close but yet so far away." Is that how the song goes???? Oh well. I am at least down 4 pounds but that sucks! Wanted to be at 179. I know, my own fault. Didn't want it more than I want all that crap I munched on did I???
I am going back to WI on Wednesday to see where I am before Thanksgiving and maybe it will motivate me to not stuff myself.

whatazoo
11-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Just two pounds shy of my goal - darn it... Oh well, that's 10 pounds less than I was a month ago. Hopefully knowing I am down, I will have more moderation tomorrow... But I also know that I have three entire days until my next w/i, so, maybe a bit more than I would have if I would have w/i on Fri or Sat?? Good luck to the rest of you losers!!

Catway8
11-21-2007, 03:07 PM
I didnt make my goal either. But I am glad that I do have a loss and not a gain. I am going to extend mine till the end of the month and then I will make myself another goal for Christmas. Are we going to have a Christmas challenge? I think having one will keep me more motivated than not. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :)

Kim0303
11-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Ok Kimberly, we are ready to look toward the New Year Goal. That gives us a month. Get us started on a new thread please. My goal for 1/1/08 is 178 that is a little over 5 pounds. I would be happy with that and I think it is obtainable. I am at 183 now. I would really be happy just to get below 180. Feel I have been in the 180s TOOOOOOOOOOOO long! Happy Thanksgiving ladies.