Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #1  
Ms. Cybil

S/C/G: 148/ticker/135

Height: 5'2 1/2

Cool Had a bad week...

Well, I totally messed up my diet this week. From getting too drunk at a concert, to eating horrible fast food due to the fact I was drunk, to going to Hallowe'en parties and eating tons of candy...Yeah...Kind of upset with myself. I did keep up with my exercise routine, though. I weighed myself this morning, and I gained a pound from last week =/ I guess it could've been worse...considering all the crap I indulged in...it could have been much worse.

C'est la vie. I'm only human, I suppose. Just gotta do better this week, and not give in to silly, un-needed temptations.

What do you do when you have a bad day/week in terms of your diet?
purple kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Don't beat yourself up. Unfortunatly this will probably not be your last week like that. Thats why you make this a lifestyle change because life changes everyday. Good that you kept up with the exercise, that may be why you only gained 1lb. Brush yourself off and get right back at it. Good luck!!!
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:42 PM   #3  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

When I fall off the horse, I get right back on. Not tomorrow, not next week, not "Monday". I get RIGHT. BACK. ON.

If you crashed your car into a telephone pole, you wouldn't back up & crash right into it again, would you?
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 166.5/135/120

Height: 5'8"

I just try to be good the rest of the time. Overindulging on occasion doesn't cause weight gain constant overindulgence does. Don't let it get you down just keep on moving forward with your plan. If you were driving somewhere and you took a wrong turn you wouldn't turn around and go home would you? You'd try to get back on course. Same goes for weightloss. Cheer up
FlabulessPhyllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Here's another one: If you slipped off one stair, would you then throw yourself down the rest of the staircase? Ha!

My thought is the same as the others... just get back right on track. One pound is not that much and you should be able to get that back off with some "on plan" time! Oh... and don't beat yourself up. Just look forward!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:15 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Ditto to everything everyone has said!

One pound is a drop in the bucket ^^ You'll be back down in no time.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:50 AM   #7  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

if i have a bad day, more then likely it turns into a bad few days, then i feel guilty and try and be good to the end of the week. Then the next week the guilt hits home, and i do damage controll. i have failed many times to stay on track, and so has everyone here probably slipped up once or twice, the first thing to do is to get controll of why u are over eating. one bad night isnt the end of the world.
im trying to make a deal with myself that if i have a bad night every now and then, i have to do some form of exercise i dont normally do the day or 2 afterwards, just to help with the guilt side of it, and try and balance it out.
i have also heard and experienced several times when dieting that having a higher consumption of food once in a while, can actuall help u lose weight.
i dont know why....
and i wouldent let it make u become complacent. just remeber its not the end of the world as long as its a one off thing>~ :-)
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Oh, I hear you! I had a rather bad 4 day stretch myself. It's so annoying, because the first day was a legitimate dinner out with friends, so I basically gave myself permission to indulge. But why, oh why, do I let that turn into a 4 day slide, undoing the good work of the previous weeks? I'm back on track now - I eventually just reach a point where I'm mad enough at myself to kick my butt back OP. I just wish I reached that point after the first day, instead of after 4.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote