Old 10-30-2007, 06:31 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Red face Somebody pinch me, cause I must be dreaming....

only, I don't want to wake up. I LIKE this dream.

Good morning everyone. Just a quick hello. I'm gonna be a little extra busy these days. I just took on a part-time job at a small, local, women's only fitness center. I''m very excited and kind of amazed by it all, me being close to 300 lbs just over a year ago. There was an ad in the paper looking for a vivacious woman, health and fitness oriented, able to motivate and I called up, went for an interview last week, a follow up yesterday, she wanted to show me how to work all the equipment. I guess I did okay - cause I got the job, started yesterday. The best part is - I'll be running a weight loss program there. Setting up menu plans, doleing out tips, recipes, the whole nine yards. I am incredibly excited about this.

It's a small place, but very friendly and the owner/boss is really, really involved with all her clients, which is what she wants me to do as well. She introduces me to all of them and tells them how much weight I lost and then we talk about weight loss goals and fitness goals and I get to yammer on about it all - AND get paid for it. Not too shabby.

If any one would have told me that I, ME, this incredibly sedentary, inactive, horrendous eater with no regard to her health, who let life slip by her for sooooo many years, was now working in a fitness center and running a weight loss program, I would have surely thought they were the craziest person alive. It just goes to show you, that anything, absolutely ANYthing, really is possible when you set your mind to it. Thanks for listening.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:48 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Wow ^^ Congratulations on the job! Who better than someone who has been there done that? You're a great motivator, it sounds perfect. Again, WTG, and I wish you much success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:13 AM   #3  

SIMPLY......FABULOUS! you go girl!....sounds like a wonderful way to work....very few can work in a job they enjoy and something they believe in....rock on!
letthethingirlout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:44 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Wow! This job is absolutely perfect for you. Congratulations! And, congratulations to your soon-to-be clients. They may not know it yet, but they will soon....they have been incredibly blessed to get to share in your knowledge.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Wow thats fantastic, congratulations on the job! Enjoy your success, you sound so excited!!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:45 AM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Congratulations, Robin! I think THEY are the lucky ones to get you -- it's not often people can talk to/get advice from someone who's BEEN THERE! There's nothing worse than talking to a skinnyminny saying "umm jus eat less" hahhaha but you're a skinny who's been down our road yay!

feel free to send any menus & plans our way!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:49 AM   #7  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

How awesome!!!! Congrats!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:56 AM   #8  
No description available.

I agree with Trazey---they are lucky to have you! I know you will help so many women on their journeys in real life.....just like you do here.

Congrats!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:59 AM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

Wow! Congratulations!

Wish I lived near that place. There are gonna be some pretty thankful women that get personal help from you. How sweet of a job is that?
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:03 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Thank you all soooo much. This really is something I'm greatly looking forward to. I simply LOVE the attitude of the owner. She said something to me and I was hooked, something to the affect of - she really feels as if she can make a difference in these people's lives and that it's almost as if it was what she was meant to do. So we are on the same exact page!!!!

Thanks again. I can't tell you how much I appreciate each and every kind word.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

WOW! Congratulations!
Your story is what motivated me to lose weight and have a healthier lifestyle, those people are SO SO LUCKY! IŽm sure youŽll change their lives!
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:42 AM   #12  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
Congratulations, Robin! I think THEY are the lucky ones to get you -- it's not often people can talk to/get advice from someone who's BEEN THERE! There's nothing worse than talking to a skinnyminny saying "umm jus eat less" hahhaha but you're a skinny who's been down our road yay!

feel free to send any menus & plans our way!
Ditto!!!

I'm so hapy for you Robin!!! That's such an awesome job, you get to make a positive difference in others' life and I'm sure you'll be an inspiration to them like you are to lots of use here at 3fc! Way to go!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #13  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

That is awesome! Not only do you get to help motivate others but they will also get to continue to inspire you to be the Healthiest you possible! What a great opportunity for you!!!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:56 AM   #14  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Robin that is great! And it sounds right up your alley too. I hope you like it. Keep us posted on how it goes. I am happy for you!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:13 AM   #15  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

What a great thing to do! I am sure you have lots to share with everyone and you have the extra edge by knowing exactly how they feel because you were there once. Now you can show them how to make things better!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote