Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-29-2007, 02:23 PM   #1  

Default Urgh...help.

Oh dear....there goes another day and there goes another binge.

Thought i was stronger than this. Yesterday was great, i eat so healthily and i stepped on the scales this morning for the first time in a week and i'd lost 1 pound, so i thought yes i can do this diet thing!!! I had a few good sessions at the gym last week as well. Even though i binged twice last week, i felt this morning as though i was ready to fight this and loose the weight.

But getting home from work today...i craved toast...i had about 6 slices of bread, some cheee and 5 biscuits. Thats a binge, right??

I feel so stupid, and pathetic for giving in.

Not sure why i'm posting...i guess it makes me feel a little better to get it off my chest.

Hmmm...

dusty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

You havent given in.. you had one bad day, dont give up on all your good work so far, dont let one slip up ruin all your hard work!! We are all here for you to vent too!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:28 PM   #3  

GOD I can relate. I have days like that. When I have a great day and DON'T give in, I write it down. It is kind of like motivation for me on those days I feel the urge. It doesn't always work, but it helps to remember that I was strong enough to do it before.
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/178/135

Rather than focusing on the binging and what you didn't do, focus on the positive things! It may sound stupid and cliche, but the fact that you are going to the gym and the scale said you lost a pound shows that you are on the right track and CAN do it! One slip-up doesn't mean that you have to give up.

~Cait
Tropigirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

I know what you mean too. That transition between work and coming home is one of my "red zones" too. Since I arrive home hungry, I try to have a snack all pre-planned - often a bowl of Fibre 1 with milk - that's about 150 calories, and fills me up pretty well until dinner.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:09 PM   #6  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I know what you mean...this week has been **** for me as well...I have been a crazed eating machine! I think to do with PMS but also emotional eating... I know that I should step back..step away from the kitchen...do some yoga moves...breathe...step on the elliptical...anything...but I just didn't do it... It was almost like a rebellion against what I knew was the right thing to do. I ended up like a million times before...my stomach hurting and nauseous as ****. I don't know the answer but I do know that you are not alone...
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #7  

thankyou all for replying. its nice to know i am not alone. ive been binging alot recently..not sure why...i often find as the weather gets worse, my binging gets worse too! is that weird? when its cold i just want to stay inside and eat and eat...

anyway just wanted to say thanks for writing and hope you're all coping. xx
Old 11-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #8  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

There has been several studies that say that people tend to crave comfort foods and slow down as the weather gets colder...(think hibernating bears!) I always tended to be a little the opposite...fall is my season...I love the cool crispness of the air and the fall colors...my walking always increased during that time, I always had more trouble feeling sluggish in the heat... Hello! I am in Hawaii now! Urrrgh! I am adjusting though...it has taken awhile. I am doing really good at the moment but I know that I could be back there again in a heartbeat...I send you hugs!
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:37 AM   #9  

Wondering if you could help me out, does one binge make you put on weight?? id only had about 300 calories yesterday but then last night i had about a 2000 calorie binge....so will i put on pounds??

Old 11-11-2007, 02:15 PM   #10  

It really depends on whether or not your binge resulted in your consuming more calories than you burned...over the course time. Our bodies don't turn food to fat in a day. It is a comlicated and ongoing process. So, no, one binge isn't likely to cause you to put on weight overnight. The important thing is to gain control NOW because a series of binges will almost certainly lead to weight gain (or, at the very least, prohibit weight loss). This is why it is so important not to give up all together over one "off" moment. If you can, figure out what went wrong so that you can make a plan for the next time your have a similar trigger...and then let it go. If you beat yourself up and worry too much about one misstep then all that negativity makes it so much harder to get yourself back on track.
Home Free T is offline   Reply With Quote