Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-29-2007, 10:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Default What have you noticed?

What exciting change have you noticed about yourself that lets you know that, after all, you are on the right track.....

I noticed that I have just the barest hint of definition around my shoulders and just a shadow of where my collar bones are going to be!!!!
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

I've noticed I am more flexible now thanks to all the stretching and exercise. I also noticed things fit me different as I haven't lost alot of weight but have lost alot of inches
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Great thread. Gosh...i've noticed so much about myself. One thing is that I have noticed i know how to eat now. This past month I haven't lost much weight as it would seem that i entered into a maintainance stage without really meaning to. What i mean is, i just lost interest in counting my calories and really portioning out my foods and yet i didn't gain a single pound. so, i know when i hit goal, i'm going to be okay.

Also, i notice i have a lot more self confidence in myself. I am really proud of what i have accomplished and don't mind having my picture taken now.

I could name lots of physical changes but that could take too long.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:54 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I think more before I eat, and I do it automatically.

Every time I put something in my mouth, I consider what it will do for my body. It is a powerful thing to do that completely by reflex now.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:03 PM   #5  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

I'm walking faster - it used to take me 30 minutes to walk into the city. I can now do it in 24 minutes.

I have a waist!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default treadmill

I just had to up the spead on my treadmill workout. I realized that it had started to get easier and I wasn't sweating like I had been. I'm sweating again now buddy.

Last edited by Supersub; 10-29-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:47 PM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

The waistband on my pantihose no longer rolls down. (If you know what I mean!) My jeans fit without a struggle and one of them is getting too loose. My rings are really slipping now.

It doesn't kill me to be slightly hungry. I can actually have that sensation without getting cranky and running to Dairy Queen or something equally as detrimental!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Hey, Slashnl, I know exactly what you mean. My pants used to roll down like that. My DH thought my pants fell down because they were too big for me. I was too embarassed to tell him they were actually too small.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I don't even know where to BEGIN on all the changes I see... I have prominent collar bones, I can see my ribs when I stretch, my double/near triple chin is completely gone, my stomach is very flat, my love handles are practically nonexistant (I think I still have a little side pudge left, but it's easy to hide now), the large dollops of fat I had hanging off my back are almost gone (I still have a little of that left, too, but most of my back actually looks strong and muscular), my thunder thighs turned into thighs of steel with an approximate 1" gap between them, and when I poke my hip area, I actually feel nothing but the bone, even when I'm sitting down! When I sit, my stomach doesn't fold and overlap the way it once did, unless I'm crouching and/or hunched over.

I notice that I can wear almost anything now and I dress the way I want to dress. In my "thin" days, I always used style as a form of self expression, but once I got fat, I stopped caring because all the "cute" clothes were made for thin people. I wore baggy clothes and felt I was doing a public service, as no one wanted to see my rolls jigglin' everywhere.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

Iīve only lost 7 pds so there arenīt many psysical changes, BUT I have so much more energy!! And I donīt hate mornings anymore! Thatīs huge for me!
Iīm not scared of the scale.. I spent months without weighing (is that word correct?) because I was scared of the numbers that would show, but now I know aprox what the numbers will be!
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #11  
Token Vulcan

I feel lighter on my feet. It's easier to bend down to tie my shoelaces. My clothes look and fit better (except those that are too big on me now, lol). I don't miss certain foods as much as I thought I would and I've tried some things I wasn't eating before that I now like very much.
On the not so great side, I've gained a clicking in my left knee that's been there for months now. At least it doesn't hurt. But I think the exercising has worn something down in there.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote