Old 10-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'9

Default Its hard to be happy or excited...

I know that Iam not alone,but I just wanted to post this to make myself feel better...
Iam new here..just mainly reading this site,and looking at motivating pictures,which are fantastic!..and Im not even sure where I should be posting,so I just figured,here and there until I get more comfortable with this site..
so my first weigh in was last friday,it was 250,even...yuk..I swore I would never let myself get that weight,Im sure we all have our limits,and that was not even it...so it sucked..well this week I still did some cheating just not as much,and diffrent kind of cheating crap(if there is such a thing,lol),worked out 5days a week,plus weights,and I have lost 5pds!!Im happy,really happy,but...not..its hard to be excited when this is just one step in a about 70more to go,does this make sense?!...and,I have been here so many times,I was here a few months ago,I was here twice last year,and a few times the year before that...so that is why it is hard to be happy..AND...my top weight then was only 245,and that was suppose to be my top ever!,or 240...and I remember writing in my journal,no way,this is the worst,and now..that is my first goal?...I just hang my head in shame..
Im 35yrs old mother of two boys,ages 11 and 10,they are very active,so is my husband,of 14yrs,and I try...but then I wait till everyone is gone,then Im on the food hunt,and I will make those special trips to the grocery store,just for a binge,or a "treat"...ugh..my body,my mind,my emotions just can not continue this..my little hamster in her wheel is exhausted!!!

However,here Iam again...Im starting over..I want to be about 230-235by xmas...I just want a good start off to the new year..and then get more serious...and no holidays in front of me then...I think that is do able..I think?...well you know,I would just be happy below 240,that to be honest,is better than the past few years...I just for once,want to get below 200...and I really want 2008 to be it..I know I wanted it every year,but...I cant hide any more..why??well I have not gone home to my home town for years,not because we cant go,but because I have been in hiding and I keep saying when I lose weight,well...I have not lost the weight...and now,Iam on facebook and well...I have been in touch with tons of people and they all want and plan for me to go down or they are comming up..crap..what have I done..part of me wants to lose the connection,but then again..what good will that do...I will just be more miserable and more weight...so...I think it is time to stop hiding..to do my steps...and work it out..

sorry Im blabbering now...
anyways,thanks for those who listen..have a great day..and I do feel better..just posting,getting my fustrations out and seeing that I do have goals are good..

take care everyone..
Lannae
Lannae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Lannae! I'm glad you decided to drop by the 100lb club and I hope you stay for a while....at least, until you reach goal! Don't be afraid to believe in yourself again. You can do this. We have wonderful examples of others who have battled being overweight and they are winning. You can be one of those people, too. All it takes it putting one foot in front of the other and keep going. When hard times come and you stumble, get right back up and keep going. One day, you'll realize that each small step has helped you get to big places! (or, is that small places?)

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-26-2007 at 01:18 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I understand everything you said. I too have been here before, the first two times I stayed a little bit, lost a little bit, stopped gained back what I lost +more . I too would eat when everyone was out or asleep. For the first few months I worked my butt off, because I knew this was my last chance, I had so many factors against me, that if I didn't do something I knew I would die or come close to it. I wont tell you it is easy, it is not, I have been struggling lately, but I don't give up. I believe things will get better for you and before you know it you will begin loosing the weight.
ps for those times you feel like snacking.. pick up some water, go for a walk, do something else.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:25 PM   #4  

ugh...thankyou,thankyou,thank you....

just to see people doing it,is motivating,and I think that is huge..just keep going,pretending its not happening is not working for me any more..

there for a while,I didnt weigh myself because I told myself it brought me down,but what it also did was gave me free range,and I lost track..I would do one day really good two bad,and I got lost..so now...I realize for me,I have to weigh..its like split personality or something,the one part wants to get sneaky or take advantage,or treat myself poorly and the inner healthy person is being squashed!!...

so thank you...I will get the hang of this site...I just have to keep comming back...

thanks again ladies!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 01:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 294/270/170

Height: 5'6"

Hi Lannae

I'm a total newbie, too. I'm 33, and mommy to a 4 year old - I weigh 270 now, and am powering my way to 170....long term. Short term, I'm tackling things 10 pounds at a time, and it's something I'd suggest to you, too! Focusing on the long game isn't beneficial to weight loss, in my experience - it's too easy to get wrapped up in the numbers and the "majorness" of what you're trying to accomplish. By tackling 10 (heck, even 5!) pounds at a time, you force your focus to the immediate steps ahead - and shift them AWAY from the horizon.

Have you ever gone on a long walk, and found yourself shifting your thoughts from the end and towards the next tree, next mailbox, next marker of any kind? Once you pass that marker, you focus on the next one, and the next, until - believe it or not - you find yourself at the finish line.

You can lose 10 pounds, right? Lose 10 pounds, repeat as needed.

I would try not to focus too hard on hitting a specific number by a specific date. Know that this is a process - the old adage that "it takes time to put on weight, and it takes time to take it off" is true. Realize that the most important thing is healthy, steady progress. Even a loss of simply 1 pound a week - which almost anyone can achieve - adds up to 52 pounds lost at the end of a year. The smarter you are about finding a way to lose weight that works for you, and is maintainable for life, the better your chances of success.

It's really nice to meet you. Everyone here is so supportive and friendly, and I hope you stay. Try not to let yourself drift away - often the times you feel most like staying away are the times you need what the board has to offer the most.
Lally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Default Lannae

Been there, done that, heck I MADE the t-shirt! lol

I know exactly how you feel about reaching your max weight. I remember hitting 200 lbs and thinking, "OMG how could I get this big?" while at the same time thinking "you know 200 doesn't feel quite as big as I thought it would". hmmmm not a safe thought. Fast forward a few years and one day I get on the scales to find 300+ "YIKES! How did that happen? I couldn't possibly weight that much and still walk can I?" Well obviously yes. The few people I've told that number too couldn't believe that I weighed that much but I did.

One day my brain just clicked and I haven't turned back yet. I was just plain ready to do it. I've changed how I eat. I haven't dropped every thing I used to eat. I still have to eat real food with my family. I just leave out the extra crap that I used to eat. Now I have a whole pantry of healthier choices so I can't slip as easily. I also exersize every single day. Right now it's only the treadmill but it's more than the walk through the kitchen it used to be. As I get smaller and moving gets easier I'll add more time to the tread and introduce more workout routines.

I guess the best advice I can give is to start small but be VERY committed to what you do. Start with small amounts of exercise and DO it as many times in the week as you can really do. With food start with small changes too. Leave out the junk and switch to smarter choices. Try to eat real food but in smaller portions.

If you try to change everything all at once it will seem too daunting and you'll want to give up very early on. Build on small changes and before you know it you'll be doing it without thinking. Then you can add more to the workout and change any not-so-smart food choices you still have left. Also, break down your goal into small chunks. This way you can celebrate small victories along the way to keep you encouraged. I've got loads of them to meet along the way. I love it!

Good luck to you and I know you can do it!
Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:07 PM   #7  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I thought of that same thing today too. Everyday when I come to work I have to walk by this set of windows, which I can see my reflection. Every day I hope to see a change in the way I look, mabye a thinner face or a smaller stomache that sticks out. It just depresses me so bad! I just sigh and think to myself "this is going to take time, it is not going to be a quick process".

Like one of the other ladies on here the other day put it as: she wanted to be on a corvette ride as opposed to a wagon ride. I want to ride in that corvette!!!! But.......we have to be patient. It is so hard though. Very hard to be patient. But I am not giving up and I hope to hear more from you on this board so you dont either. WE CAN DO THIS!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:12 PM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

I completely feel what you're saying. It is so easy to let it get out of control, and so hard to capture the control back. But I'm doing it - FINALLY. And so many others are doing it too. Welcome to the group of people who are getting it done.

Two keys that I think are crucial here.

1 - Know that you can do it. You've lost FIVE POUNDS. That's a huge first step. I love what Lally said. "Repeat as needed."

2 - Know that you can be on plan more than off plan, though you will not be perfect. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight (the only other time, really), I did not cheat - ever. However, I only had about 30 pounds to lose, and did it in three months. So, I got into the mindset that in order to be successful, I had to be perfect, and that has derailed more weight loss attempts than I care to admit. This time, I know I don't have to be perfect. I only have to on plan more than I am off plan. The more time I spend on plan, the faster my loss will be.

I don't know if you've had a chance to browse the success stories, but I would really encourage you to do so. Rockinrobin, LisaMarie, and JayEll all post in this forum regularly, and Meg pops up from time to time. Their stories are incredibly inspiring, and they have so much knowledge and encouragement to share. All in all, you will find the members to be such strong repositories of knowledge, and the support you will find is unparalleled.

Time to get excited! This is so much work, but is so incredibly rewarding! Can't wait to hear about your successes.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:26 PM   #9  
No description available.

Not much to add, but wanted to say WELCOME!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I, too, can't add much except that, as you can see by my ticker, I know it can be done. You'll get there, too!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #11  

WOW...thanks everyone!!!

yes small goals..your right,when I look at the big picture I think it cant be done,but when you look at things in smaller parts,it can...

so my first real goal is 240..then below..then once I hit that,I can do the next 5pds goal..

Its funny,Mugcandoit,you mentioned the window..and its true..I get shocked sometimes...or what also can happen for me is that I do really well,and think instead of only loosing 2pds it felt as if 20 should have come off,so I feel so good,and then I get a picture taken or the glimpse in the mirror and its shocking,again...that cant be me...but I just lost 2pds!!!...Im fatter than I feel..which is good I guess....but...

oh well...Im plugging along..am I staying here...so far,YES!!! how could I not,just reading the stories and seeing the before and after pics,its soo motivating,and the best part is...for the first time in a very long time,I have posted my weight..that is something that not one person in my real world knows..not one..and it felt as if I just took that weight off and put it on a hook...so thanks everyone,again...

Im feeling good...and its a start..

talk to you all again..soon..really soon..lol..

Lannae
Old 10-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #12  

It all starts with the first step...and you have taken it!

I started out by changing one or two things at a time so it was not overwhelming to me. It takes some time to change habits, but you can do that! Lots of support here....so check in with us often.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:41 PM   #13  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Yeah....I looked in a mirror yesterday and I was not happy with what I saw but I know I am making a change and the reflection will change soon. I don't know about anyone here but when I have lost weight in the past I always feel like I looked the same. I never seem to see a different person in the mirrior. I wonder why????
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/155

Lannae,
I'm a newbie too.. exact same weight, at my heaviest. I know how you feel. I'm not married, nor do I have kids, so I could sit on my couch in my jamas and eat agallon of ice cream if i wanted (and did) and not have to hide it. I remember when I was 180, I wondered how i let myself get so heavy. It's kind of like a sorry man. Eventually something clicks and you kick him to the curb!! And you can't look back cause it will only bring you down! I wake up every morning now and think, I may still be overweight, but at least now I'm DOING something about it. Someone wrote on this site... "I may not be able to lose 100 lbs, but I can lose 10 lbs 10 times". I think it's perfect and I've chosen it as my personal motto I wish you the very best of luck, and I know you can do it. 100's of women and men on this very site have proved it, and you are no less a person!
beachluvr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

(((HUGS)))). Welcome to 3fc and the 100 lb club. I think we have all be there. I know I have been. I would lose 20 lbs, gain it back, lose 15, gain it back, etc. I finally said this is it and Ive stuck with it this time. Its hard, believe me. I will never say its easy, but it does get easier.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote