Old 10-25-2007, 11:39 PM   #1  
~*JSKA*~

S/C/G: 171/165/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi, I'm new here (long introduction)

Hello. I decided to post here, because I thought it might be the forum for 20 year old people, if not please point me in the right direction!

Anyways, my name is Jessica. I am 23 (24 in december), and am currently overweight (again...ugh!)
when I was 20 years old, I got very sick, and literally lost over 20 pounds in one week. From 192 to 170 in 6 days!!
I remember going into my doctor for a follow-up from the previous week, and the nurse did my weight, and she just stopped, and looked at me, and uttered "oh, honey. Are you not eating at all?!" Truth be told, I wasn't eating OR drinking hardly anything. I couldn't manage to get anything down. I sipped on a 2 liter of Orange soda & munched on a big family sized bag of Cheddar-Sour Cream chips for the next month! That was all I could muster into my mouth.

Over the next 6 months, I gradually got better, but continued to lose weight. I was not really watching my weight at this point, just trying to get back on track, so that I could be back to my old self.
I finally reached 132, my lowest since about 9th grade. I kept steady for about 1.5 years, and then my niece passed away just days before being born from a cord accident, so because of stress, I started losing again. Then I mived to GA for about 6 weeks, gaining what I like to refer to as my "freshman 15" since I never went to college, this was kind of it for me, lol.
I got home, and decided that I wanted to be back to the 130's again. Stupidly, I went off of my anti-anxiety meds, because that had been kind of the whole way I lost the weight previously.
Fast forward 2 months, I couldn't handle it, and went back on my meds. I had lost about 10 more pounds, and was in the 140's (I don't remember exactly).
I stayed this way for another year, then my grandma got sick, and my mom and I were always traveling back and forth between home and her hospital. Eatting basically nothing but fastfood for the next 4 weeks.
After my grandma passed, I began to eat terribly bad.
My nephew was born one month after my grandmas passing, and I was happy with my 150-ish weight. I just started gaining again when I fell pregnant (accident from a 'fling'), and I gained 12 pounds in the 13 weeks that I was pregnant, before miscarrying my baby.

So here I am, at 171pounds, and I need the support of other woman who are 'struggling' to lose their weight as well.
I hope to get down to my goal of 125, and stay between that and 135 for a good amount of time.

Thanks for listening to my verrrrrry loooooooong introduction!!!!!!!

Jessica
Loseitforgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:49 AM   #2  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Welcome here, Jessica. I hope you'll find the support you need, and that being on the forum with everyone else will be as useful in helping you as it has been for all of us.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/148/125

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Wow, its sounds like you've had quite a life tho that most ppl havent. but i think that you should really focus on the foods you eat and make sure you eat balanced meals and overall being healthy. Good Luck to you!
JeepsterQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/129

Height: 5'4

Hi, Jessica!

Welcome! I'm pretty new around here myself but I just wanted to let you know that you've come to the right place. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma and baby. Seems like you've had it really rough. I hope things start looking up for you.

There's tons of great advice here on how to lose weight and maintain weight loss healthily. The Living Maintenance forum here is overflowing with maintainers so this weight loss thing can be done!

Keep us updated

Sweet Amor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Oh Jessica I am sorry to hear that you have had a hard time of late. Hopefully things will start looking up--- you've found us, right?! That's a good start.
Welcome to the board.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #6  

Welcome Jess! Hope you find the support you need here - many of us did. And no it was not long - we love stories - it is what makes this board such a inspiration!
chickyboo is offline   Reply With Quote