Old 10-21-2007, 10:12 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Day 27 on Medifast -- loving it!

This is my first post here, but I have been lurking and reading threads about Medifast. I am on Day 17 and this is the easiest diet I have ever been on in my life. I have lost 13 pounds, which I hope will be more since I have been faithful to the diet but this is that time of the month.

I get the fast weight loss, which is very motivating, and I am temporarily freed from figuring out every meal. I do eat a LG for breakfast every morning, and that's planned the night before.

I initially ordered lots and samples and tried many medifast products. I would be curious about what products other people have tried and which were perceived as delicious, tolerable, or revolting.

Here is my review:

DELICIOUS:

Swiss Mocha shake
Hot Cocoa
Cappucino
Strawberry shake
Banana Creme shake
Chocolate pudding
Tomato FAST soup
All the bars (too delicious, so I am not ordering any more)
All the crackers and crisps (again, too delicious for me to handle)

TOLERABLE:

Chocolate Ready-to-drink
Chocolate shake
Banana pudding
Vanilla pudding
Chai

REVOLTING:

All of the oatmeal -- the recipes for cookies made me gag
Cream of tomato soup (different from the FAST soup)
All of the cold drinks (iced tea, punch, etc. are so bad I had one sip and poured them out)

Last edited by lettingslenderin; 10-31-2007 at 08:28 AM.
lettingslenderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:15 PM   #2  

Good for you!
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #3  
zay

Hi Letting, Are you still working Medifast? If so, I'd love to buddy up with you.
zay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:48 PM   #4  

Yes, I think this is day 22 -- I have to remind myself to eat most of the time. Are you on it, Zay? I'm very happy with Medifast.

I'm thinking about JC or another meal delivery system for the transition maintenance time, because I have heard that a lot of liquid dieters gain back the weight they have lost.

I will start at the gym next week, and I think that will step up my metabolism.

Last edited by lettingslenderin; 10-26-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:56 AM   #5  

Default Medifast packaging

Does Medifast come in discrete packaging or is it obvious from the box that it is the Medifast diet. I live in an apartment and don't want other people to know what it is.

Thanks!
Sarah
Ladywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:55 AM   #6  

You sound like me, the only people I have told that I am on a diet are my husband and my TSFL health advisor. Not even my kids know. Fortunately, I just say "later" when offered food, and nobody is all that interested in what I am eating so nobody really notices.

But -- I have lost 18 pounds in 27 days, so, at some point, people will notice that I look thinner. Right now I am too fat for people to notice any difference. The weight loss showing up regularly makes a huge difference in my motivation to keep going.

But more than that -- I am already planning for maintenance, in a few months from now. I want to transition carefully so I don't gain back the weight. The inner work has been done, so I am removing the outer manifestation, the fat. So once I am there, I want to be sure my habits are in line with keeping the fat off my body.

Ladywind -- go for it!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:46 AM   #7  

Unhappy Medifast packaging

I just chatted with Medifast customer support and they said the box says Medifast on it. So I guess thats it for me. No way I am buying it if it says that on the box when my whole complex will see it (they put all the packages in a common room with our room numbers on it and I have to sign it out with the front desk). Back to trying to doo it on my own.

Thanks!
Sarah
Old 10-31-2007, 01:43 PM   #8  

Oh rats. I hope you can find a friend who you trust with your secret who could have packages delivered to you. I don't know your reasons for secrecy. My reasons are just basic privacy issues, I don't want everyone in my business. I especially don't want people naysaying and telling me that it is a bad program when they don't know doodle about it.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:02 PM   #9  

Default Changed my mind

I changed my mind and decided to order it anyway. I have 20-25 pounds to lose and I REALLY want to lose it ASAP. Its weird because as long as I am reasonable about exercise and food I can maintain a low weight relatively easily but I crept back up while studying for the bar exam this past summer and want to lose a lot of it before my firm's holiday party on December 8. Trying to do it on my own has just not been working because I am way too busy with work!

I will just have to keep track of the package and grab it before anyone else sees it.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:50 PM   #10  

Good luck. 20-25 should be pretty quick, except weight loss is not as fast for those with just a little bit to lose. I know one woman online who started four days before I did and she has already lost 25 pounds. That's one month, 25 pounds.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:39 PM   #11  

Default Medifast

Yeah, I know it may be slower for me than for people losing more weight but the fact that some people are losing 20 pounds or so makes me hope I can lose 10 pounds in the next month. That would be awesome! It would at least help me fit into my old clothes again, which would give me more variety for work attire.

When did you start? What is your goal?
Old 11-03-2007, 11:30 PM   #12  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Ms Ladywind!!!! LET them talk at your complex! Did you read what happened to me? It's on the OK SO HERE GOES MEDIFAST thread. My package was delivered to the WRONG ADDRESS -- just read the post! So, it doesn't matter if you are in an apartment or your own home! Be strond and do it FOR YOU! And when they are still trying to lose weight and you are successful, "let them eat cake!' hahaha!
Seriously, don't be shy!
Maya
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:38 PM   #13  

Well, I am just going to go to work early the day it is supposed to arrive so I can get home early and pic it up ASAP from downstairs. I can't helping being mortified by the idea of people knowing I am on a diet. I know everyone has different comfort levels with this, mine just happens to be really low!

I can't wait until it arrives on Tuesday! I am going to Costco tomorrow to stock up on lean and green meal supplies (fish, shrimp, chicken, veggies). I ordered Capella flavor drops to make the shakes and drinks taste better, and a shaker cup to drink on the go. I am ready to lose!

I have to admit I am afraid of the initial headaches, weariness and hunger problems. I already get frequent migraines and I have a big project due Friday for work that I cannot be to tired to finish. How has your start been so far?
Old 11-04-2007, 09:36 AM   #14  

Personally, I didn't have any headaches but I was superhungry for the first few days.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #15  
zay

Ladywind, I would suggest that you stop ingesting sugar now and watch your carbs. The headache is from carb/sugar withdrawl. Also, it is best to start when you have nothing stressful going on. A time when you can get out (away from home/kids/job etc) when you need to and also rest if you need to. I felt like I had a mild flu. Then when the hungries hit, I needed to just get out and be busy. It is helpful for me to follow a schedule. Mine looks like this...
8 am MF
10:30 am MF
1 pm MF
3:30 pm MF
6 pm L & G
9 pm MF
Have your water lined up. I drink 4 - 16 oz bottles of water
I check off all of the above (meals and water) on a notepad as the day progresses.
Hope this helps. Best wishes to you!!

Last edited by zay; 11-04-2007 at 12:18 PM.
zay is offline   Reply With Quote