WW Clubs and Groups - Who's up for a New Years Challenge??

I Heart Diet Coke
10-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey guys so here's the deal! In the spirit of the new year and starting fresh and all that... lets all set a goal that we'd like to meet by January 1st 2008!

Here's the rules:

1. It doesn't have to be weight loss if you want it could be to drink a certain amount of water or exercise a certain number of times a week.. whatever!

2. Every day check in here an let us know how your day was and how you're doing with your goal!

3. Have a really good time!! haha

So to get started my goal is to be............. drum roll....................... 196! by New Years Day! (oh onederland how I've missed you!!!!)

:newyear: :newyear::newyear::newyear::newyear::newyear::newy ear::newyear:

Let's ring the new year in by accomplishing some really great goals!!!

Shy Moment
10-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Well lets see. I would like to be 5 foot 6 by new years day but that won't happen. I would like to be rich, that isn't going to happen either. I would like the two males in my home to believe I know more than they do, sigh that is never going to happen.

Guess I will be happy with being 162 by Jan 1st.

floann
10-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Ok! I'm in I'm going to go for the POUNDS! I need to for my own sanity! My goal for New Years will be 25 pounds! I am going to do my best to meet that goal! That will mean I will no longer be in the 200s--that inspires me!!!

I Heart Diet Coke
10-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Ok! I'm in I'm going to go for the POUNDS! I need to for my own sanity! My goal for New Years will be 25 pounds! I am going to do my best to meet that goal! That will mean I will no longer be in the 200s--that inspires me!!!

I hear ya floann... not being in the 200's anymore is a HUGE motivator. I never thought I'd be so happy to see 199 on the scale haha

modkittn
10-18-2007, 02:40 PM
I have my Christmas goal already! I suppose I can shoot for 150 for my New Year's goal :)

countrygirl7902
10-19-2007, 10:40 PM
i'm going for 162 by new years. that's about the halfway point to my ultimate goal. i'm gonna have to start working out more though! i've been lazy. and i'm really hungry right now btw.

floann
10-21-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm in to it for four days and at 215.2 today. Still working hard to get to my goal. Down 3.8 pounds and working for more!!!

countrygirl7902
10-21-2007, 02:06 PM
:bravo: good job floann! keep it up!

modkittn
10-21-2007, 04:50 PM
I lost 0.4 this week. Not bad considering I couldn't exercise and ate a bit more than I had planned a few days in a row!

Shay
10-22-2007, 12:02 AM
My goal is 199. Onederland. It seems so elusive. I weigh in tomorrow so I will let you know how much closer I am.

Shay
10-22-2007, 01:30 PM
I weighed in this morning. I am down 3 pounds so just a little closer to onederland. I am trying to choke down some water and I'm not loving it right now.

I Heart Diet Coke
10-23-2007, 03:08 PM
haha Shay I know just what you mean I hate water... give me diet coke any day! good job on loseing 3 pounds though! that's awesome!:bravo::cp::cb:

I too lost some weight this morning when I got on the scale it said 238.5!!!!!.... 238.5!! I know that dosen't sound that great to most of you haha and I never thought I'd see the day when being in the 230's would be a victory for me but trust me... I have worked HARD to get out of the 240's it's been like a curse for me i kept bouncing around in there... 245, 242, 247..... so I am sooooooooo happy to have broken out of that. Onederland here I come!!!

countrygirl7902
10-23-2007, 11:44 PM
wow! great job on the weight loss ladies!!!:bravo::hat:

i know what you mean about water! i hate plain water. i only get my water in every day cuz i mix in crystal light (well the store brand). i have a ton of different flavors in the individual packets that you mix in a water bottle or a glass of water. i helps me a lot.

I Heart Diet Coke
10-24-2007, 01:57 AM
good idea countrygirl! I need to try that because my water intake is like completely horrible haha

Shay
10-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Congrats on the weightloss Brittany! Goodbye to the 240's. Congrats Floann. Way to go.

I love the Crystal Light packets or the store brand myself. I just have to remember to buy them.

sxulcmnky
10-24-2007, 07:40 AM
ok i'll bite

my new year goal will be.... dun dun dun... 199... i too never thought i'd be so happy to see the scale hit that... and i believe with the motivation in this place, i will be able to do it.

i'm also going to buy that "walking off the pounds" dvd tomorrow at walmart... i have taebo and pilates dvds but never use them because you kinda have to be in shape to start them... so, i figure doing the walking i can do. i was doing 1-2 miles on the treadmill, so i can def do that video. my goal will be to walk 50 miles by new years... thats less than a mile a day... i should def be able to do that

sxulcmnky
10-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Congrats on the weightloss Brittany! Goodbye to the 240's. Congrats Floann. Way to go.

I love the Crystal Light packets or the store brand myself. I just have to remember to buy them.

i keep those in my cube here at work, along with sbd cookies, curves bars, slim fast bars (in case i don't have time for lunch) and 100 cal packs so i always have something good to snack on instead of going down to the snack machine. i do most of my snacking at work, so when i'm at home, i have cereal around and skim milk... that usually gets my cravings under control

I Heart Diet Coke
10-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I lost another pound today!! :dance:

I really really really REALLY wanna make this goal!

sxulcmnky
10-24-2007, 01:26 PM
YAY! congrats brittany!

i will NOT weigh myself more than 1x a week... i'm a scale whore

I Heart Diet Coke
10-24-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm a scale whore too haha... it's kind of an obsession I weigh every morning when I get up and yes I'll admit I usually weigh durring the day as well. :o

sxulcmnky
10-24-2007, 03:24 PM
ya i have to put the scale away during the week.

sometimes i cheat just to see if i gained any weight over the weekend lol

modkittn
10-24-2007, 03:30 PM
I weigh every day, but I also go to WW meetings once a week and weigh there. That is, of course, my official WW weight (which I enter into WW Online) but I count my weight the same day on my scale at home and enter that here into my tracker. I don't care what I weigh with jeans, etc on. I care about when they are not on :) I think weighing every day helps keep me on track, but when I see a loss, I don't immediately think "Yay I lost!" - same thing with a gain!

sxulcmnky
10-24-2007, 03:45 PM
ya i would think *yay i lost* then be like *boo i gained* and get all depressed... it's better for me to leave it alone :D

Shay
10-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Congrats on the loss Brittany.

I weigh everyday too. Generally in the morning in my b-day suit and once when I come home in the evening. It keeps me in check. I don't change my tracker until Mondays.

countrygirl7902
10-24-2007, 07:37 PM
i will NOT weigh myself more than 1x a week... i'm a scale whore

lol scale whore! that totally describes me. i'm not even going to tell you how many times i weigh myself a day even though i know it's bad. :nono:it doesn't motivate me to stay on track.... it just motivates me to want to smash my scale. but i won't cuz i love it too much. it's a love/hate relationship.

Shay
10-24-2007, 09:55 PM
i love it too much. it's a love/hate relationship.

I know isn't it? Sometimes I tried to hide mine but I know its there its like its taunting me and calling my name...!

sxulcmnky
10-25-2007, 09:21 AM
it doesn't motivate me to stay on track.... it just motivates me to want to smash my scale. but i won't cuz i love it too much. it's a love/hate relationship.

you are preaching to the choir sister :D;)

Mama_Angel_2006
10-25-2007, 02:23 PM
I would like to join if it is not too late. My thanksgiving goal is to hit 240 and my New Year's goal is to hit 225 (my 10% goal with WW). Right now, I'm at 253; so I need to lose 13 lbs.

countrygirl7902
10-25-2007, 07:25 PM
MamaAngel, it's never too late to join. i have to lose 13lbs by new years too.

Ladybug2680
10-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Well, I'm gonna shoot for 170 by New Year's. That means I need to lose 13 lbs. I this.

modkittn
10-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I hate this point in my weight loss journey. I did WW once before and went from 230 to 152. It was around this same point (160) where weight loss became REALLY hard. I needed to up my exercise like crazy. I ended up joining the women's hockey team as I was in college at the time and that helped tremendously. But now I have hip and back problems that I am in physical therapy for and it is really limiting me. I think I need to find something else to do beside walking. Maybe it is time to pull out Dance Dance Revolution again :) I think I am going to be up when I weigh myself this weekend. Thanks to TOM and not enough exercise :(

Sweet Tea
10-27-2007, 10:27 PM
:hug: Lori! I need to change my workout and walking routine every few weeks or I start to not see any physical difference (this is when I am being really good whick I was up until a month ago.... I am getting back on that exercise horse on monday morning). maybe even just changing your walk route or adding weights would help?

I want to set a New Years Goal of losing 12 lbs :D. That would put me at about 180 based on my weight this morning.

Mama_Angel_2006
10-28-2007, 04:05 AM
Well I did another 1 1/2 hour work out again today. I'm slowly getting stronger. I was down 1.6 lbs today which was good and I'm happy about. I'm hoping that this time I will stay out of the 250s for sure!

katyp
10-28-2007, 05:39 AM
Hi is it to late too join? I really want to be 195 for New Years....my physio has just allowed me to do more exercise, i broke my back a while ago lol, it has caused a wee bit off a delay in exercising...

modkittn i feel your frustration, i can only reccomend swimming, it helped ease my pain sometimes and is good exercise.

x hope it helps

modkittn
11-13-2007, 07:51 AM
How's everyone doing? I changed my goal, since I had gained for a while. Looks like I shouldn't have a problem meeting the new one, though :)

sxulcmnky
11-13-2007, 08:46 AM
my progress has been bad this past week.. gained 3.4lbs... booo

i hope it's just water weight.

leantoinette
11-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Hi Ladies, I would love to join this challenge- I know its a bit late, but I want to start 2008 on the right foot- motivated for future weight loss. My decided goal is 8 lbs.! Look forward to chatting with you all later!

modkittn
12-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Anyone still doing the challenge? I'm about 4 pounds more than what my ticker says (last week was bad!) but I'm getting back on track. I still think I can make it close to my goal!

Ladybug2680
12-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Silly me forgot all about the challenge. ARGH. However, I think I'll change my goal to 175. Let's see if I can do this.