Old 10-15-2007, 08:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default OT: Black Circles

I know this is not diet related but does anyone have any tips for puffy black circles under your eyes. Between school, work, homework, and having a life (or failing at it) I have huge black circles under my eyes. I'm up for either homopathic type things or products.

Thanks!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:34 AM   #2  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

I get really dark circles all of the time whether i get enough sleep or not (I think i have thin skin around my eyes, its hereditary). I like Clinique concealer (liquid in tube). I'm definately interested in other peoples opinions,products, etc. too!
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:02 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

I actually researched this topic a couple of years ago. Overall, the best reviews were for Cinique All About Eyes. I bought a bunch of sample tubs off of ebay. I couldn't say if it worked for me, though, because I bought them but never remembered to use them. I'm bad like that. I don't wash my make-up off my face before I go to bed either, so I'm not the most face conscious. Someday I'm sure that will bite me in the butt.

Last edited by Amberelise; 10-16-2007 at 10:02 AM.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:14 AM   #4  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

Bert's Bees makes a good product for it.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

i have this. have had it my whole life. theres two kinds... one the "situational" kind caused by stress, lack of sleep and sometimes anemia and second the hereditary one caused by the skin thickness and amount of blood vessels and whether they are close to the skin and or leak.

for the first, the creams, getting more sleep, vitamin K creams and eating can all help. for the second, i havent found any of those things to help and i've tried it all. i wear concealer but thats a cover up not a fix. im saving my money for an IP foto facial (or 3) it sends waves into your skin that effectively zap and shrink blood vessels (ie its used to treat rosacea) and i read some sucess stories re: dark under eyes (the hereditary kind). anyways.... it sucks and i hate looking tired!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:43 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

benefit Eye Con worked for mine. its made for it. and they use all natural ingredients
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #7  

What in the world does vitamin K cream do for you? Vitamin K is a coagulant for your blood. I wouldn't think it absorbs through your skin. . .
Old 10-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

well in my case it did nothing lol but i bought a special cream in the drgustore that was specifically for the under eye circs that was main ingred vit. k.

"Vitamin K supports the capillary system of the skin, helping reduce dark undereye circles,
bruising, spider veins, Rosacea, and broken capillaries."

" When the fat pad beneath the eye begins to thin with age, it can create a sunken look to the under eye area. Studies have shown that sluggishness of blood flow underneath the eyes may also contribute to dark circles. Vitamin K has been found to diminish the appearance of these dark circles.

If patients feel that concealers for the under eye area are no longer covering their circles, they should look for under eye skin treatments that contain vitamin K."

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/vitamink.htm
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:16 PM   #9  

Hmmmm, very interesting. I do not doubt that a high consumption of vitamin K may help. I just have a problem believing it works as a cream. I may research this. I'm not allowed to eat vitamin K because of my blood clot. So, I should check to see if it, too, can be absorbed through the skin. If so, I'm going to have to keep an eye on my lotions.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #10  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I have them too, but all the time. When I was little, the doctor told my mom it was because of all the allergies I had and he called them "allergic shiners"

http://www.drpaul.com/library/ALLERGYSIGNS.html
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:29 PM   #11  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

cold cold cold packs,
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Hmm thanks everyone for you post and suggestions. I think mine are being caused from over exhaustion from school. I just ordered a product from Mary Kay that is suppose to help. I'll let you all know how it works.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote