South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 05:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday's Chick Chat

Monday, Monday. 'nough said.

How is everyone today? It's going to be a beautiful fall day here with lots of sunshine. I'm going to enjoy my coffee before I go to Curves, and laundry will be waiting for me when I get back. Ho hum.

What's everyone doing today?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:14 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage:Looks like it will be a great day weather-wise here also! yippee!
Laundry...it's never ending isn't it?? Death, taxes and laundry!!! At least we don't have to scrub it on a board anymore.

Nothing terribly exiting in my neck of the woods...just work. I hurt my back yesterday (have no idea how). Took some excedrin for backs and hope it goes away soon. I had back surgury years ago and don't want to have to deal with THAT again. ick. I bought a new faucet for my kitchen sink and hope my husband installs it when he gets home today... it would be a perfect pick me up! He's not really into plumbing, so either I'll have a great new faucet or pieces and parts all over the kitchen and no faucet at all.

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-15-2007 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:00 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, thanks for the coffee. It's much needed this morning as I start a busy three-day work week! I was retired last time I looked but things have piled up.

Cat, so sorry about your back. Sore knees can just be ignores when you are sitting or lying down but backs are a different matter.

Very cold here today but rumour has it that we are going to see the sun. It's bright in the east at the moment. I have a million things to do before I leave Thursday and some minor garden clean-up is one of them. I have two packs of new tulips to plant and hope to get them in later today. Last year I had a huge bulb order which did not get planted. I also have Mount Laundry underway - I ignored it over the weekend but am down to the crunch.

Have a Merry Monday!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies! Not a great weekend eating wise, DH's class reunion was saturday, I knew no one! I don't drink much and the 2.5 beers went straight to my head! Yesterday was a trip to the big bridge festival, I was proud of myself for choosing steak tips, with new potatoes, onions, peppers and mushroom (until I saw them throw the tips into the pan with a huge slab of butter!) but it was soooooooo good! At least I didn't eat the batter dipped, deep fried whatever's right???? (is there anything people won't batter and fry now?)

Cottage Hope your workout went well and you get your laundry done!

Cat Here's hoping your back feels better! Nothing worse than back or neck pain.

Ruth Hope the day turns out nice so you can get your bulbs in, can't tell you how many I have wasted putting it off and then I get mad at myself!

To those yet to check in, have a great day! Oh and Lisa WTG on the size 4's!!!!!

Check back later!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

What a beautiful day in the works here. Exactly the kind of fall weather I've been whining for. The kids go in four hours late today, so they are in heaven. I cooked them a big breakfast and they are now sitting in their pajamas watching cartoons and getting ready to take their showers. Not sure what the point of a 2.5 hour schoolday is! I got up early and so already have 3 hours of work knocked out. I've got a telecon in a few minutes.

Pacer,
one of the ladies I was with at the Festival on Saturday got one of those deep fried Snickers! yucko! They also had deep fried pickles!
Happy planting Ruth!
Hope you get your new faucet Cat. If so, your DH is way ahead of mine. I bought some new window shades and a new light fixture for the kitchen and I've been waiting for those to go in for at least a month now.
Good morning cottage!
Congratulations weezle!

Have a good one chicks, I'm sure I'll be back later.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:44 AM   #6  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Good morning!

Cat, Schmoodle - the trick is not to wait for DH to do it, get a book on home repairs and do it yourself. I'm the handyperson in our family, if I waited for DH to do it, I'd be living in rubble. He's not very good with anything that requires tools. Although to give him credit he's a whiz at electronics, so I do the repair work, he's in charge of the computers/tivo/tv/gamestations, etc.

Ruth- I need to start buying bulbs for our beds out front, I hope you get some sun.

Pacer - I think I'm glad DH never wants to go to his reunions. I don't think I'll drag him to my next one either, I'd spent all my time making sure he was having fun instead of catching up with friends.

Lisa - Congrats on the size 4.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #7  

The weather here is nasty this morning. It's raining so hard that there are cars flooded out everywhere. It took much longer than usual to make it in to work but I'm here safe. This cold front should cool us down a bit. It's still been in the 80's.

cottage - Hope your workout was fun!

cat - I'm hoping your back starts feeling better. And that you get your faucet installed.

Ruth - I need to decide if I'm going to do tulips or daffodils this year. There is still time to decide as we plant later here.

pacer - Sounds like you made the best choices you could. I enjoyed my 20 year high school reunion. I'm not sure when the next one will be.

schmoodle - Our district doesn't seem to do partial days but some nearby do. I would think it would make it very difficult for working parents.

Hi, dixie!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:33 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey, thanks for the positive words girls! I need them on a day like today.

My company is filing bankruptcy. We've known about it for awhile, but I had a dream (sometime between 7am and 7:35am) that one of my stores closed without anyone telling us, and then I got to work to find out we have a mandatory conference call with the Regional Manager sometime today. Now I'm hearing that it's been cancelled. Who knows what's going on? Yarrrrrgh.

Otherwise, just going to be a typical busy Monday. Better get some work done. Hope you girls have a great day!

Lisa
Old 10-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Yeeeesh, what the heck happened? Glad I stopped by to see how everyone was doing.....

Looks like everyone was super busy today! to you all!
Closed Thread