South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 06:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday's Cluckings

Fall is finally putting in an appearance, there's almost a 30* drop in temperatures since Wednesday! I'm wrapping my hands around a nice hot cup of coffee, just perfect on a brisk morning like this.

Maggie and I spent a pleasant afternoon yesterday with one of her school chums and his nanny. She's an "au pair" here from Poland, and although she's even younger than my kids, we hit it off just fine. We had lunch at a Chinese restaurant, and had no problem staying OP. I wasn't even tempted by the basket of fried noodles on the table. I had steamed broccoli & shrimp, and a cup of hot & sour soup. I probably had too much sodium, but I'm not going to get stressed out over it. Afterwards, we took the kids to Moonbounce Adventures until it was time to pick up the older kids from school.
I think it's going to be a wash-out today, so it's going to be an arts & crafts day. I'll probably get off early since I'm going to stay with the girls tomorrow night.

What's happening around your place today?
Old 10-12-2007, 06:41 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage: Sounds like you had a great day yesterday. Now I'm wanting shrimp and broccoli!! yum. Have fun with the crafts today!!

Me: I ended up having to take today off of school and design work. (Cousin died and I have to go to New Orleans for the funeral) so I had to work late last night and get up at 3:30 to get some work done this morning so I could be on schedule with it. Since we have to go to New Orleans anyway, we are going to make a day of it and after the visitation, we are going to go out to eat and go do some shopping for clothes for a family wedding in a couple of weeks and go hit Whole Foods for some fruit and vegs. Although funerals are not fun, it will be great to see family that has been scattered around since Katrina.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning chicks,
I got up early to try and get some work done before time to wake the kids (so what am I doing here?)
I think I'll have to break down and go up in the attic to pull out my winter clothes today. Wonder how many I'll still be able to wear? Last night I walked over to the church a few blocks away to pick up DD after Girl Scouts and I had to wear my winter coat! I already pulled out the kids' stuff, but haven't gotten around to mine and DHs. I may try to get down to the mall and buy some jeans today. My old ones are starting to look ridiculous, and I'm getting together with some friends this weekend that I haven't seen for a year, so I want to show off.
Kara, I really enjoyed your wedding pictures, thanks for posting! What an attractive family!
Cat, hope you have an enjoyable day in New Orleans, in spite of the reason for the visit. My condolences to your family.
cottage, I was not sorry to see Dave go, however I was really kind of hoping it would be Sherea. I am tired of looking at her underwear and her attitude. I haven't really bonded with any of them yet, my DD kept asking me last night who I was rooting for, and I said "nobody so far!" There's a couple that show some potential but they haven't given them much air time yet. And I want to like James, but I'm afraid he may have a bad attitude. We'll see!

I hope DH wakes up soon and makes me some coffee!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 10-12-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cat, that's a shame you have to go to a funeral today, but enjoy your time in the city afterwards.

Schmoodle, I have to agree with you, I'm getting tired of seeing Sherea walking around in her underwear, too. I'm having trouble bonding with anyone this time, but James has potential. I'll be digging out our winter clothes this weekend, too!
Old 10-12-2007, 07:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

TGIF, everyone!!

Cottage: Sounds like more rainy day fun for you and the girls. Usually, I'm all for the rain, but I'm definitely praying that there won't be any on my way to Austin.

Cat: I'm sorry to hear about you and your family's loss. I hope that there will be comfort for you in the presence of your loved ones. I also hope that the shopping is productive!

Schmoodle: WTG with the clothes fitting differently! I love shopping for new jeans now that the cute ones fit me! Hope your time with your friends is a lot of fun!

ME: I should probably still be in bed, but I'm too anxious to get on the road to sleep. At least I'm smart enough not to try. Too many Mule Deer on the roads right now! Well, I really should be off to shower and finish packing. But first, I'm going to check the weather. Need to see what I'll be up against on the way to Austin!

If I don't "see" you all again until Monday, have a great weekend!

~Kim
Old 10-12-2007, 07:36 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, sounds like yesterday was a good day despite our crappy weather.

Cat, I know how hard funerals are but it certainly is nice to see family. Last family reunion I had was planned after a funeral when we decided we should get together in happy times.

Schmoodle, yes, get clothes that fit! I have one exercise outfit that makes me look like an elephant with large skin and just pitched it. I assume all these people walking around in their undies are from a TV show. Desperate Housewives?

Kim, do take care on the drive to Austin. I don't think I've ever seen a mule deer although I've seen many a white tail around here - even the occasional moose.

Well, it's cold at 39º, rainy and glum out there. I have my car back but am still going to cozy in at home with Hershey. The female half of the Hyper Pypers has cancelled out for the weekend - the guys are weather wusses! I am rather looking forward to a "hermit" weekend as company the past three weekends has been a bit much. Hershey and I will cozy in and quilt and do more sorting out in my disaster of a sewingroom - I've been quilting downstairs on the kitchen and diningroom tables which has to stop as I can't stand the mess.

Time for more coffee and then the gym - that's the plan anyhow. (I'm not feeling perky as usual this morning.)
Old 10-12-2007, 07:42 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

RE:SURVIVOR

Gotta root for James since he's from Louisiana. Interesting guy. I also wanted "Ms. Attitude" to leave last night and thought Dave was more of an assett to the team. My daughter works with a girl who was on a reality show on MTV. When my daughter first started there, she kept thinking that the girl looked familiar and then realized who she was.. she was the b*tch on the show that everyone hated. She said the girl is just as nice and sweet as she can be and the girl told her that editing had a big part to play in how each charecter was represented.

Re: My cousin. He was great guy. A dentist and artist (retired after 50 years of dentistry) . But he was 86 years old and lived a wonderful life, so this will me more of a celebration of his long life. Unfortunatly, he and his sweet wife lost everything in Katrina, including much of his art. He had a show coming up and had all the paintings in his home when it happened. I was so happy I had a print of some of his work here and my sister did too.

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-12-2007 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:52 AM   #8  

Oooh, the Survivor fans emerge. James does seem like a very interesting person. And didn't that woman bring any clothes with her? I don't remember what she was wearing in the first episode, but I'm pretty sure it was more than underwear. Glad Leslie is gone too. So far, I approve of the votes.
Kim, have a safe trip today and a wonderful visit with your parents!

Oops, missed you Ruth. sounds like you are in the same boat as me. I pile everything up in my office until I can't function in there anymore, and then I start spreading work all over the house. I've been sorting through it 15 minutes a day all week, and I hope I can move back in here sometime next week! Good luck with the sewing room.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 10-12-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! I finally realized it was Survivor. I'm also reminded that I need to get rid of some baggy underwear but my sewingroom is more important than my undies drawer.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:20 AM   #10  

Back again, eating breakfast and waiting for the kids to get dressed and ready to go.
I am eating a bowl of pinto beans for breakfast and having a flashback. When I was in high school I worked in a Taco Bell. Every morning I would load a big 50 lb sack of beans into the giant pressure cooker. When they were ready, we'd mush them up, but before that, I'd always dip a bowl out for me and have them for breakfast. I had forgotten about that until this morning, when I was trying to decide what to eat and saw all the beans I cooked yesterday. I had completely forgotten what a great breakfast they make! Sorry, dumb story, but I thought it was kind of funny. I cooked 5 lbs. of beans yesterday, so I'll be having bean breakfasts for quite a while. Look out! Fortunately they don't affect me the way they affect DH!

Ruth
I am wearing baggy underwear too. I kind of hate to exchange my baggy clothes for ones that fit, because the bagginess is like a badge of weight loss. But I think it's getting to the point of ridiculousness now, something must be done. My excuse before was that I didn't want to buy new summer clothes that I (hopefully) wouldn't be able to wear next year. Can't use that one anymore.

I have been feeling so blah lately, and kind of feeling like I was in a SBD rut. I feel like I'm back today and it feels great! Okay, I'm going to go snap at their heels now.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 10-12-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning, ladies. I'm new here. I had to scroll past all the survivor stuff 'cuz I don't watch it until tonight so I don't want any spoilers. I have a whole closet full of clothes that don't fit me and I can't wait for them to fit again. I gave away all my fat clothes when I lost 77 lbs before and well, now here I am again...where I never thought I'd be...but I'm here. Never giving up. So by the time I fit into them again, they'll probably be out of style The weather here looks like it might perk up. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Kristen
Old 10-12-2007, 08:52 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Morning gals! I've been rooting for James since the first episode! I also like the flight attendant guy. And my new brother-in-law swears that I changed my name to Amanda and went on the show without telling anyone (I don't see *that* much of a resemblance) so I'm kind of hoping she does well also.

Linda, glad you had a nice day yesterday despite the weather. Meeting new friends from different places is always an adventure!

Cat, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's death. Enjoy your time with your family!

Schmoodle, I love beans, too! I like to make black bean omelets and black bean wraps for breakfast. Mmmmm.

Drive safely, Kim!

Ruth, I quilt as well. All of my things are packed up in our storage unit in California and as the weather grows colder I miss sitting on the couch with a quilt-in-progress on my lap. It's such a nice way to spend an evening!

We had a nice Friday. I thought it was Monday when I woke up, which was weird, but once I got into the swing of things I got the cleaning done and then took the kids to the indoor pool on base for the afternoon. Tom had an awful day at work and wanted to go out for dinner, so I splurged on some vegetable tempura (I'd been SO good all week!) and didn't have to cook OR clean up! We just finished watching Survivor and are downloading an episode of Desperate Housewives. I'm way behind on this new season and I am itching to see what's been going on on Wisteria Lane. Awful, I know.

Hope you all have a nice end to your weeks!

Kara
Old 10-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Kristen, it's nice to "meet" you! You should subscribe to my take on clothes...I never buy anything trendy so my wardrobe never goes out of style! It took me YEARS to even buy a pair of bootcut jeans (which aren't really all that bootcut!). I'm paranoid of showing up in pictures like my dad with his big fro and bell bottoms from thirty-five years ago!

Glad you've joined our chat!

Kara
Old 10-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Holy early birds, Batman! 10 posts before 9!

Cottage: Good for you staying OP!
Cat: I'm so sorry about your cousin...glad that you will get to see family though. Have fun in the Big Easy and at Whole Foods (so jealous about that!)
Schmoodle: it's always so much fun to go shopping because your clothes don't fit--they're too big! Good for you! Meg told me a long time ago (and she's SO right) that clothes that fit make you look skinnier than baggy ones. Try it and see!
Kim: have fun in Austin and stay away from those mule deer! I hear they kick like a... (Actually, they sound adorable...just not as a hood ornament!)
Ruth: Yeah, it's hard to get going when it's all gloomy outside. I hope you enjoy cleaning out the sewingroom and find some treasures while you're at it!

Me: Well, I was looking forward to a nice, calm day at work, since the "kids" are still on break...but it turns out they're having a huge open house (complete with tours...I bet I'm going to have to give the "spiel" to them! )...and two students are coming in. One has picked a really tough topic for her paper, again!, and I'm not sure how I can convince her to pick something easier. *sigh* Oh well, it's Friday, right?

Off to the gym after work today. Have to figure out how I'm getting one more workout in this weekend. I think it'll be too rainy for a bike ride.

I'll be baking this weekend--I have a members open house and book club next week and am committed to bringing desserts for both. I hope it'll be fun!

Have a great weekend, chickies!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Well this place is hopping this morning!

Cottage Mmmmm broccoli and shrimp, sounds great, the only time I get something like that is if I cook is myself, DH hates anything out of the "ordinary", what a drag.

Cat Sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin, but glad you are seeing it as a celebration of his life, that is how I dealt with the death of my mother almost 2 years ago, she wouldn't have wanted it any other way!

Schmoodle I am with you on the clothes, some of mine have just got to go! I have done well (staying right between 113-115) but my body seems to be reshaping itself and some of my pants are awful, were my hips really that big????

Kim Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Ruth There is nothing I hate more than having stuff spread out where everyone can see it, I am not a clean freak by any means but clutter drives me nuts. The rewards though of your hard work on a project far outweigh the mess! Hope you get your calm weekend!

Kmac Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you better! Good luck in your weight loss journey!

Kara The wedding pics were great! Hope you can figure out what is going on with your computer.

Survivor fan here also, and I ditto what everyone else says, especially the underware stuff, although you all haven't mentioned the "lunch lady" in hers, wow, not sure where she got the pants lastnight but was sure glad to see them!

Me - Thinking it is going to be a busy weekend. DH has a class reunion tomorrow that I am so not looking forward to! Birthday party for one of the neices sometime this weekend. Best of all, off to the Bridge Festival on Sunday! A full day of crafts and flea markets, I am in heaven! It's huge and pretty well known in these parts, takes over an entire county and runs for a full week!

Gotta run, check back later!
Closed Thread