Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-28-2007, 08:56 AM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default Tracey? how'd it go?

just wanting you to check in and let us know how you're doing - sending you healing wishes and soothing vibes!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Ouch!!! Oh!!

I'm moaning for you. Hope the pain is tolerable and you are doing well! Let us hear from you when you can.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:41 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

TRACEY!!!! i'm bumping this up so you'll see it and tell us everything! i saw that you'd gotten home in one piece, but with oxygen - but i'm sure there's more going on than that!!!

glad you're home, though!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:44 AM   #4  
want2bethin

S/C/G: 368/330/150

Height: 5"5

FINALLY HOME!!!!!!! I ended up staying an extra day at the hospital. The three hour ride home yesterday was brutal. Had a little bit of complications. My oxygen level was very low so i will be staying on oxygen for about a month. Alot had a little bit of trouble with the pain medication but finally got something that works. Just trying to have a little bit of cranberry juice and chicken broth now. The surgery was pretty much what i expected. i guess just the older you get, you dont bounce back as fast. Enjoying being waited on hand and foot now. Hoping this will all be worth it in the end. Thanks for all the support. Tracey
Tracey Keough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:55 AM   #5  

Default Yeah!

Your home!!! Been thinking about how things were going for you. Hang in there it gets better. SIP SIP SIP!
Old 10-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

pssst - tracey, honey - be careful with the fruit juice! even the NSA can have some carbs, and some people get diarrhea from it.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:58 AM   #7  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

Glad your home Tracey,
my surgery is tomorrow, so im not far behind you. hope you got room in that recliner for two!! take notes so you can tell me the donts right away!!
take it slow and keep us posted........ carvinmom in montana
carvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:17 AM   #8  
want2bethin

good luck today with your surgery Carvinmom. Can't wait to hear how your doing. I'll be thinking about you.

Can you guys tell me. Should I start me portein shakes yet? I'm alittle scaried. Don't want to throw up. I know one of you will be able to tell me. I love is wed site. Tracey
Old 10-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #9  
Old Cackler

what did your doc tell you, tracey? everyone is different. mine had me on protein shakes after about the 3rd day - and i had to 'eat' them with a spoon because drinking them, even sipping them, made me gag.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #10  
want2bethin

Hi Jiffy, Yup that what the doc told me too but I just can't do it. they taste GROSS! I can hardly get them past my nose. A friend told me to go to a GNC store and buy the WHEY PROTIN Mix with no suger and no flavour. I guess it can be put into juice or what ever your drinking so I think I will try that. I have to travel back to the doctors tomorrow. He is going to take the drain out and I hope that will make things feel better. Not looking forward to the long drive but I have to do it. Thanks for all your help. You guys are all wonderful!!!! TRACEY
Old 10-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #11  

Default Drain is out!!! YEAH

Tracey, saw your post and am glad to hear you are doing so well. About the cream of wheat, protein and other such stuff, just do what you have to do. Since it is probably just a few bites, pretend it's ice cream! LOL! How long do you have to be on this stage of eating?