Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-27-2007, 01:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/135

Height: 5-4

Default new and need help

hi everyone my name is jen..i am new at all of this..i just signed up today..well alittle about me..i am 5-5 and weigh 160 i am seriously wanting to loose any where from 25-35lbs..can any one help me i dont know how or where to start..this sight is kinda confusing to me..i want advise on what to eat..what types of excersise to do..i have been running and joggin 1 mile every other day for sure for the past week..help me please..
jbmouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

jbmouser,

Glad to see you here! Well, the basics of weight loss are as follows: Eat less, exercise more, drink enough water! From there, you'll find lots of variation.

Tell us a little more--fill out your profile using the User CP so your start weight/current weight/goal will be listed, and also your height. Of course, this is completely voluntary, but it helps folks make suggestions.

The 3FC main page has lots of information on different food plans and exercise plans, if you'd like to take a look. The site has reviewed many different diets and books!

A healthy rate of weight loss is usually said to be 1 to 2 pounds per week, so you can figure that at that rate, it will likely take you 3 or 4 months to lose that weight. So keep that in mind.

If you have specific questions, feel free to post them.

Cheers!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:12 PM   #3  
I restore Teeth.

what do you like? Foods, activities, etc. The key to keeping a good healthy body from sustainable weight loss comes with a good healthy PERMANENT life style. The easier you make it on yourself, the easier the adjustments come. What always worked for me was to eat PROPER portions, added exercise and the occasional moderation to keep yourself satisfied without the "diet" restriction rules. Good luck!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:29 AM   #4  

well to to answer veggielover..well this is what i am currently eating..
b-special k cereal..1/4cupskim milk..wheat break peice of cheese..
s/granola bar or special k bar..
l/ low calorie yougurt, salad, sometimes a frozen low calorie meal, hand full of grapes or carrots
s. pretzles, or wheat cracker,
supper. pkchop,hamburger,chicken,potatoe,corn,beans,fruit, all depends but very small portions
and 7-10 8oz glasses of water..
what am i doin wrong..and or what else can i eat...

to iamfire where on here do i find the things like low carb things cuz you say find the thing i know,might and never will well im confused on this sight not sure all where to go..
how long has it taken you too loose the weight that you have lost..cuz we are real comparible in height and weight..maybe you could help me out on what types of plans you use or food you eat and then what thing you do for activitys..please that would help me termendiously..i would appreciate it..if thats cool to you it would be great hope to hear back from you..take care and thanks in advance cant wait..

Last edited by jbmouser; 09-28-2007 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:17 AM   #5  

i guess i am just goin to have to look at all pages..im not sure where to start..where to look and thing..i dont drink coffe but love water..i love meat too..i dont eat that much if any sweets maybe an m and m here and there or an ice cream cone but not very often..i just dont like see food and not very many vegtables..but love salads..i love soup too..
but i guess what im asking..see im very computer illerate so i dont know where to find things and or what to look for..so can you help me where to look for different diet plans and or food..or are they listed under which plan you decide..im sorry for being a pain..i just know that it is time for me to lose weight and i need the push..help please if you dont mind..thanks..
Old 09-28-2007, 07:32 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

OK mouser, click here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/

Then look at the purple bar just under the chicks. See where it says "Diets"--click that and you'll see a list. Weight Watchers, South Beach, 23 More Diets Detailed, etc. Read through some of those.

There are also reviews of diet plans and diet books. One book that many members have found helpful is YOU ON A DIET. You can probably find this at a local bookstore or even library.

We can't really counsel you on what diet to follow except from our own experiences. We aren't nutritionists or doctors. But you've done a good job of listing your foods, and the list doesn't look too bad--though it's a bit high on carbs and low on protein and vegetables.

If you go to FitDay (www.fitday.com) they have an online module you can use for free to track your calories. Lots of members find this helpful. There are other sites as well, such as TheDailyPlate, that do the same thing.

Just keep gathering information and reading!

Jay
Old 09-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #7  

jay thank you so much..and you know you see the count down bars on peoples post how do i make one of those..but i am goin to take a look at what you asked me to do..and i know that you cant tell me what to do but i love the advice and your own experiences..thanks

barbara/you are so so much help i appreciate all of it..i have only two kids here today after craft time i am goin to seach and see what i can all find..i might have to personally send you messages to you if you dont mind..like i said i am new at this and i want to try to follow what someone else succeed on becuz then i should be able to ..but have to find somewhere to start..thanks agian and i will do some seaching any more pointer let me know..
Old 09-28-2007, 09:50 AM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey again jb,

To make yourself a weight loss ticker, just click on someone's ticker in their post. You'll be taken to a page where you can set yours up, enter your numbers, choose the bar you want, choose the little symbol you want.

Jay
Old 09-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #9  

i think i found it but not sure..on how to get it on the page when i write some thing
i guess i did it..so now what every week i need to go and change it and how would i do something like that..this stuff is confusing me so so much..
and you can call me jen if you want to..no big deal..
barb you know on the atkins diet..it lists all those food but how much do you eat of eat and what..im confused./.i dont like starting on things cuz i dont know all what to do and it confuses me and then i just give up then..yeah i am a quitter...thats why i cant lose weight..if i had it all spelled out for me and i could follow something i would be able to do it..well hope to hear from you durning quite time i am goin to just look at different things...thanks jay and barb for all your help so far i hope you continue on everything..thanks

Last edited by jbmouser; 09-28-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:14 PM   #10  
I restore Teeth.

barbara's right, I agree with what she says because I can't see success if a plan isn't DO-able. It's kind of like a practical architectural scheme; if you make a sketch and a blueprint draft of a foundation that isn't economical feasible, structural sound nor durable with respect to time, it won't help. If you decide to want to low-carb it, thats fine. But personally, I never wanted to kick out any food group. I'm still eating what I like, including the occasional potato chip and the daily cup of ice cream. What you want to do is up to you. Do you LIKE eating things other than the oens you've listed? Is there anything you'd like to try some more?

Do you already exercise? Would you like to exercise some more? I notice you asked Barbara about her weight loss duration- I must say that you should becareful in anticipating weight loss that others have had because everyone is different, and you might hit a period of stagnant weight maintenance sometime, so patience is definitely the key. This is hard stuff but it has great rewards!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:43 PM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey Jen,

If you need a structured program, maybe something like Weight Watchers would be better for you, or another program where there are meetings with real people for regular support. That way you don't have to figure it all out completely on your own. Just about every town has Weight Watchers, and you can also join it on line. Of course, there is a cost, but if it works, it's worth it.

Jay