Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 07:48 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Talking Happy Tuesday

Morning All,

I worked out for a good hour and 40 minutes last night so I am fairly impressed with myself (I mostly did weight training). I belong to a gym, that has about 5 or six branches that I can go to and one of them is a "women's only" gym so I go there to weight train since the machines are made more for women (they're smaller). So now I am a little sore. I am getting a fitness evaluation next week so that should be fun. I also realized something.... I so prefer working out in the evening when I can. I generally always worked out in the evening when I went to Bishop's and I completely stayed on course. Due to my schedule it won't be possible to always do that, but when I can I will. I already know my body is quickly getting back into shape. I am weighing in on Thursday and joining a new meeting so I'll see how that goes!

Rina: Wow, that is an amazing cost for such a large wedding!

Kim: Great pics!!

I hope everyone has a good day and to take care!

Ali
Old 01-08-2002, 08:48 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Ali - I go to a women's only gym and I love it. I don't worry about things giggling on the cardio machines, etc. And I can lift my shirt to wipe the sweat off my face without caring who see's my not so flat mid-drift.

Morning all.

Today is my first weigh-in since Dec 11th. I'm a bit nervous but actually really looking forward to it. I think I might actually be down despite the holidays. I miss my leader. SHe really is awesome. SInce we weren't having WW at Work sessions the last month, she's been emailing me 2-3 times a week.

Anyway, wish me luck at weigh-in. I'm hoping for a loss but at the same time, I'm not giong to let a gain get me down. It was the holidays and I did well.

OH - and I have something to share. I went to my first Reebok CORE-board class yesterday. Whoa! It's this balance board. It's like step-aerobics sort-of, except the board moves, rocks and swivels. That way you have to work on your balance. IT's not as much step though. There are step moves, but also you'll get off the board and do a lot of strength training with it.

We had to do push ups with it and then swivel the board while we pushed our selves up. NOT EASY. And everyone was doing the real push-ups, not the ones where your knees are on the ground. Well, my instructor is TINY and sure, I could do push ups if I were her size. I'd like her to try to push me up!!! We did 40 in all, but I could only do about 25 before I had to put my knees down. But it's fun and I'm going to stick with it.

Kim - geocities has an allowed data transfer every hour. So if you exceed your data transfer for that hour it shuts off and comes back up later. You can pay extra to get around that, but it happens so rarely, it's prob not worth it.

Alright ladies - wish me luck. I'll check back after weigh in!!

Lisa
Old 01-08-2002, 10:21 AM   #3  
Semi-Newbie Member

I'm here, and ready to GO FULL FORCE! Today marks a year anniversary of starting WW. A whole year has gone by, and I have gained back weight?! What's up with that? Last year when I started my first goal was to lose 30lbs by 4/20, I did it by 4/6. I stopped losing after that, and maintained ALL summer, and have now gained back close to 10 lbs! UGH! So -- today I'm starting fresh and ready to go!!! I have thought seriously about really joining WW (have been doing it with a co-worker), for the added support and motivation. Since WW is having a deal right now, it's really a GREAT time to do it. I have about 65lbs to lose before I'm really my LONG term goal, and that's not too bad. I can do that this year!!! I'm kicking myself right now for not focusing last year and sticking to it...so now I have to work even harder.

I can't talk long today, I wasn't at work yesterday...and am still trying to catch up!!! Hopefully I'll get a chance to write more!
Old 01-08-2002, 10:46 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hello Ladies, I am sooooo unmotivated with wwer's. I am stress eating again and I only want chocolate and sweets. UHHH it amazes me that I think I am back on track and will never eat crappy again and then it sneeks up on you. This is day 3 of eating bad and it is unbelievable how yucky my body feels already. Anyways I am going to do well the rest of the day!!!!! I had a prospective employer take me out to breakfast. She really wants me to work for her and I am just a bit stressed about whether or not it is the right thing to do. I would be switiching from my office case management position with Adults and Children to start doing home visits for the severely down and out. I think it would be exciting. I would work in downtown Detroit whereas now I work in a suburb appx 20 minutes from there that is still not a great area. It would be a big transition but I guess I would get more experience with treatment plans and administration. It would be amazing experience but a big change. So that is a stress along with the fact that b/f didn't enjoy his first day of student teaching and is feeling quite indifferent about his career choice. The positive thing is that he is including me in his stressful time instead of shutting me out. Last night we snuggled and watched a movie and he talked to me about his concerns regarding his job etc.

Anyways any positive solutions for stress eating. I know working out would help it always does. I will probably try and squeeze in a walk or aerobics this afternoon.

Ali-Wow big workout. I am so proud Don't you feel awesome after those kind of work outs. I always feel so accomplished.

Mandie- Congrats on starting back up. I have been doing it on my own for a while also and I am going back on Friday. I was going to start back last friday but the location I used to go to is closed.

Lisa-I have never heard of that type of work out but it sound great. I love trying new exercises.

I cannot remember who was talking about pilates but someone please recommend a good pilates video. I have never tried it but would like to. What is it like?

Ok thanks for allowing me to vent a bit this morning I'll check in later.

Becky
Old 01-08-2002, 10:46 AM   #5  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Ugh, Weigh In Day!

Well, tonight's the night. I don't think it will be as bad as it would've been since I've been back on track (mostly) for the last week.
Ali: Good job on going to the gym! Lisa, you too! I really need to go to the gym and DH needs to also!
Mandie: How is the no smoking coming along? Hopefully good!
I have internet police today so I can't stay long, but I did want to jump in early.
Dh and I were going to have a garage sale before we buy and new house but I talked him into just donating it to a place called the Exodus House. They take everything that would make a place a home. So, instead of bothering with the headaches of a garage sale, we're going to just box it up and donate it and get a tax deduction for our trouble. Yippee!!
Well, as much as I don't wanna, I need to get back to work!
Hi to everyone about to post! Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2002, 12:03 PM   #6  
Bono Fanatic!

Default Happy New Year!

Hi girls! I'm back from my trip to New Orleans and ready to be serious about starting the new year out right. Are you all with me?!

Of course I am no where near caught up on all of the posts I missed while I was gone, so I will try to get up to speed. As for me, New Orleans was a blast (really good food!). My friend and I were even pictured on the front page of their newspaper!! The guy that I went out with a few times before I left called me last night to ask me about my trip and asked me out for Friday night. Our other dates have involved just meeting for drinks during the week, so this dinner and movie date on the weekend is a step forward, I think!

Hope you all are doing well!!
Old 01-08-2002, 12:39 PM   #7  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Ooo! Jen, how fun! You must give us the play by play...well most of it. Not the private parts.
My sis and b-i-l went to Nawlins for their honeymoon. They also commented on the food. Did you get a copy of the paper? That's cool!
I'm ready for lunch, but I'm waiting until my boss gets back. That way, I benefit from her being gone, AND me being gone, too!
Oh darn! She's back, so I'd better get going!
Old 01-08-2002, 12:47 PM   #8  
Bono Fanatic!

Stacey - I brought home 5 copies of the paper! I went to the website to try to post the picture for you, but I could only get the story (in which I was directly quoted!) and not the actual picture.
I'll let you know how my date goes!!
Old 01-08-2002, 12:48 PM   #9  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi All - well, the results are in! In the four weeks that WW at Work was on break, which included holidays, parties, drinking and eating - I lost 0.5!!! I think I prob gained 2 pounds over the holidays, but lost 2.5 this past week.

54 down! 56 to go! (am I really only halfway there - agh). But I know I can do it!

Jen! New Orleans? I'm so jealous. What were you there for? I'm from about an hour east of New Orleans and I miss it like crazy. I'm going for a week in March. Did you have a po-boy? How good are they! Good luck with your date. Congrats!

Stacey - good luck tonight. I'm sure it won't be that bad. Maybe even great. Keep us posted.

Grace - you'll get back on track. I know exactly what it's like. I get unmotivated ALL the time. Last Friday was a bust for me. It's so easy to eat something that's tasty and fattening. Mmmmmm. I always tell myself this one meal won't hurt me. But I kept telling myself that, and it did. I'm sure once you have one or two days back on program, you'll be back on track in no time. I find reading Shape or SELF magazine helps. Reading about health, nutrition, and exercise always puts me back in that mindset. I know everyone's different, but give it a try. Good luck! Also, with the chocolate - have you tried Hershey's Chocolate Reasen's? They're awesome. I hate when people tell me if you want some chocolate, just have a tootsie roll. Are they kidding? It's not even close! Again, I know everyone's different, but Reasen's do it for me. They are a chocolate caramel, but they are coated in actual chocolate, so it's the real thing. You can have 3 for 2 points. And even though hershey's kisses are about the same, the reasen's last longer in your mouth, so it seems like you're getting more.

Mandie - congrats on starting WW again. Don't think about the gain, think that you're 20 pounds lighter than you were a year ago. You've caught yourself creeping up, and that's awesome. Good luck with WW. Fresh starts are always nice.

Lisa
Old 01-08-2002, 01:05 PM   #10  
Bono Fanatic!

Default I'm working hard today, huh?!

Lisa -
I was in New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl (I went to Illinois and they were in the game) and had a blast. I had a shrimp po-boy and it was wonderful!! I LOVE the food there - I even took a cooking class so I could learn cajun cooking!
Old 01-08-2002, 01:57 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi all ... just a quick hi, then I'm off to a meeting. Fun, fun. I've been doing well with eating, and I'm proud of myself! Maybe I have regained some willpower ... if only I can keep it. I stayed OP program yesterday and went to the gym, where I walked on the treadmill and took a Pilates class. Today I've had half an English muffin for breakfast, and a grilled chicken and veggie wrap with fat free ranch dressing and some pretzels for lunch. No more fried!

Whoops, I better get going. It's close to 2 then I though. I'll be back later!
Old 01-08-2002, 04:18 PM   #12  
Semi-Newbie Member

Just real quick....

I wanted to say the quitting smoking is going okay. Have had a few smokes (5 since New Year's Day)...but I'm VERY proud at how well I am doing. It's taking some HARD work, but it's definitely going to be worth it. What stinks though, is that my food cravings have intensified, and that's what I was subsituting with most of the weekend.

BUT -- today is the recommitting of my diet...and I'm going to fight BOTH of these at once!! I feel wonderful being back on program, and excited to get home to work-out (who would've ever thought I'd be saying that).

Can't chat any longer (sorry can't post to you all individually)...but it is time to go home! YIPPIE!

Have a GREAT evening!
Closed Thread