Carb Counters - Low Carb Chatter! 9/24 thru 9/30

View Full Version : Low Carb Chatter! 9/24 thru 9/30

aud
09-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Hidee Ho Low Carbers!:D Looks like this Chatter will take us right on thru to the last day of September. Are you nearing your September Goals? Are you ready to kick it up a notch this last week? Time to reflect on a month that seemed to fly by quickly for me:

*reflectreflectreflectreflect . . . . . *

I think bouncie said it best in her last Post of last weeks Chat . . . the ability to let a small binge just GOOOO & MoooooVE ONhas been life changing for me!:carrot: Tx for putting it into words - another foul on "No Spew Alert" for your "EAT THE WHOLE WORLD," bouncie . . . fortunately this time I was drinking WATER - so monitor wiped right off!

The other change for me this month is my new found devotion to exercise! Can't wait to walk . . . can't wait to hit the weights . . . it's UNreal!

Just got a call to report to the picket line . . . schedule will be taking a dramatic twist (not to mention my pocket book!:() - talk to you all when I can. Keep us all in your prayers please - and prayers for a quick resolution to the impasse!

Azure
09-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Hey, Aud :hug: I'll be thinkin' about you as you and your union hit the picket lines! With people like you in negotiations, I'm sure a resolution will be found in no time flat.

I didn't really make September goals for myself...weird. I think that if I can make it for 7 days without one off-plan food/meal/day I'll have succeeded. I'm so determined to reach my goal weight and MAINTAIN. I want to prove to all of the "Atkins followers can't maintain" nay-saying people that I can maintain doing Low Carb--and more importantly, that I can transition into it successfully. I read a thread today that made me want to go hit the gym harder today, to stay on plan more devotedly...just so I can say, at the end of it all: "No, you're wrong. I AM one of the people who succeeded--so you can kiss my now-shapely butt."

I'm sorry...venting ;)

Anyway, I've got a plan for the week and I'm going to follow through. I'm SO ready to take off these last 18 pounds.

RobinW
09-24-2007, 04:37 PM
"Atkins followers can't maintain"

Dont you just hate that kind of discrimination!! It doesnt matter what diet you choose to follow.......you will not maintain anything if you continue to eat the way you have taught yourself (note to self.....eat the way Ive taught myself!!)

Im doing good. Got my first 3 days of induction in, and Im down 5lbs. I weighed in today....and will reweigh in next monday. :crossed:

Have a great day ladies!

FitinTime
09-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Yeaaahhh!!! That's our Girl!!!

beach bum
09-24-2007, 04:42 PM
MOVING MY POST TO THE NEW THREAD

Good Morning Ladies :)

Woke up late again not feeling well, noting bad just one of those common colds.LOST 1-lb from the high sodium dinner I had the other day. Now for the scale to go down again,famous last words.

Did manage to get my exercising done while DH at the hospital doing his.Today we start eating our main meal at noon.One of the nurses told my DH thats its good idea to eat earlier in the day.This way you do go to bed with a full stomach. Wish us luck that it works for us.

Bouncing-Try to stop,giving up after a binge. We all have them,just go back to Program,and the worst thing is to beat yourself up over it. Sending you some Hope it helps.

Carol-I definitely don't crave as much being on a low carb woe compared with other diets high in carbs,but that just me. Hope you find some more answers,as it would be interesting what other people say.

Have to go start dinner,will check in later,once the new thread pops up.

Hugs :) BB

beach bum
09-24-2007, 05:04 PM
AUD-THANKS for starting us up this week.Don't remember what my Sept goal was. I know I wanted to lose 4 lbs this month,but will have to settle with 2 instead. I upped my exercise so,I don't have any problems with that. You're doing fantastic with your new exercising program Keep up the good work.

Azure-You & Lily are our inspiration, on this board as your doing fantastic with Atkins and I know you will succeed getting to goal & maintaining. Heres to Next Week.

Robin-Big congrats:cheer: on your 5 lb loss on the 3rd day of Induction,you'll lose more by the end of this week.

HI :wave: FitinTime-Have a nice day

Not feeling well I going to lay down on the couch for a little while.

MissyFluffs
09-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Don't give up! There's a whole week left of September! I'm planning on making my goals (or at least getting really close).

Bouncing
09-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Oh, whew, I'm not the only one who can't remember her goals for September! If it was to see 239, I made it. Over in the 100-lb club thread, I joined the Christmas Challenge. By Christmas I want to be 224, which will put me into obese instead of morbidly obese. I think 174 is where I'll only be overweight, and 145 I'll be normal (well, on the bmi chart anyway, tho I'll still be 20-30 lbs too much for my frame -- I weighed 115 in HS, all muscle, I was breaking and training horses at the time).

Today I gave into a mad craving for a whole wheat pita full of tuna salad. Well, that just means no further carbs today, and real conservative tomorrow. Boy oh boy, did it ever hit the spot. Musta been something in it that I needed. I have a whole wheat pita every month or two. It's 30g carb, so I try to adjust accordingly. Somehow it doesn't seem like a very big sin, more like a stretch than a break, since it doesn't seem to lead to any other carbs, and I only want one every once in a while. I keep a pkg in the freezer. One of the reasons I feel OK them is because there is nothing wierd in them. Funny, the only thing I ever want in it is tuna salad. Plus sprouts, if I have them. I'm usually mindful of keeping the carbs more evenly distributed throughout the day, not all in one swell foop like that.

Gotta go read now. I'm almost done with a book kthat I promised to lend to a friend tonight, so I better finish it or I'll be frustrated!

coolchange
09-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Oh, whew, I'm not the only one who can't remember her goals for September! If it was to see 239, I made it. Over in the 100-lb club thread, I joined the Christmas Challenge. By Christmas I want to be 224, which will put me into obese instead of morbidly obese. I think 174 is where I'll only be overweight, and 145 I'll be normal (well, on the bmi chart anyway, tho I'll still be 20-30 lbs too much for my frame -- I weighed 115 in HS, all muscle, I was breaking and training horses at the time).

Today I gave into a mad craving for a whole wheat pita full of tuna salad. Well, that just means no further carbs today, and real conservative tomorrow. Boy oh boy, did it ever hit the spot. Musta been something in it that I needed. I have a whole wheat pita every month or two. It's 30g carb, so I try to adjust accordingly. Somehow it doesn't seem like a very big sin, more like a stretch than a break, since it doesn't seem to lead to any other carbs, and I only want one every once in a while. I keep a pkg in the freezer. One of the reasons I feel OK them is because there is nothing wierd in them. Funny, the only thing I ever want in it is tuna salad. Plus sprouts, if I have them. I'm usually mindful of keeping the carbs more evenly distributed throughout the day, not all in one swell foop like that.

Gotta go read now. I'm almost done with a book kthat I promised to lend to a friend tonight, so I better finish it or I'll be frustrated!
Hi Shellie, I am certainly not an expert but just so you know, I buy low carb flax and soy /wheat pita. 8 grams of carb. Not bad. I am not eating it this next week, (2nd week of re-induction ) but it is quite good and is great with PB/Tuna or just a scrambled egg and cheese sandwich (I also add sauteed pepperoni with this for a great breakfast sandwich.
Just lettign someone know..walked today for an hour..wow.. yay.. me!!!

slimdownmomof2
09-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Hi all! :) Well I think my September goal was to reach 170 and I have :) :) :) Well I'll offically weigh in Thursday but did weigh myself this morning and was. I haven't been this weigh since getting prego with my first kid who is now 5!
This whole journey has been exciting for me. I'm now in a size 11/12 which is so cool to me. I thought that'd be my goal but now that I'm here I think it'll probably change to 9/10
I can't believe September is almost over and the weather sure definately feels like fall.

coolchange
09-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi all! :) Well I think my September goal was to reach 170 and I have :) :) :) Well I'll offically weigh in Thursday but did weigh myself this morning and was. I haven't been this weigh since getting prego with my first kid who is now 5!
This whole journey has been exciting for me. I'm now in a size 11/12 which is so cool to me. I thought that'd be my goal but now that I'm here I think it'll probably change to 9/10
I can't believe September is almost over and the weather sure definately feels like fall.
Wow, congrats! How inspiring! I am hanging in and making this WOL my daily pursuit. Some days it is easy, others, not so much. Today was great though. Man size 11/12. Haven't been there in years. Thanks for posting.Stay strong.

lilybelle
09-25-2007, 01:49 AM
Hi everyone. I'm feeling a little better each day now. For some reason, my eating has been really crappy. Eating too many dang pistachios. I polished them off tonite and I won't buy anymore for a while. I don't know why I'm eating so much, maybe it cause I went about 3 days with hardly any food due to illness. Maybe these antibiotics are making me hungry.

I'm looking real forward to our annual Pimp and Ho halloween contest. I tried on my Ho outfit tonite. This little size 3 mini-skirt doesn't have room for even one more pound, so I gotta get my butt in gear now and hit the treadmill. LOL

Good news is, I am joining a gym next week. That should help me get in great shape. I lied about being disabled and just told this gym that I am a stay at home mom, cause other gyms refused me due to my disability. After all, I've worked as an RN for over 20 yrs and I know my limitations and will heed my bodies warning of what I'm capable of.

It looks like everyone else is doing great. Big Hi to all.

beach bum
09-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

My common cold turned into a bad sore throat.They're no other symptoms.Going to call the doctor and make sure its not leading into the Strep or Tonsillitis.Nothing relieves the soreness and I can't swallow without it hurting.

Haven't slept a wink all night,so I'll probably be off the board for the rest of the day.

Going to bed and see if I can get several winks.

Have a great day

MissyFluffs
09-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey there low carbers!! Hope you're all having a wonderful week so far! :D.

Sounds like most of us are at least pretty close to September goals. I still have 5 lbs to lose!! I might not make it. But at least I think I'll meet my fitness goals. Need to get one or two days of 60 minutes in and then it'll be a breeze. I've been slowly working my way up, started with only 15 minutes a day. I was such a wimp! It's been especially challenging because I have asthma, working out has been difficult for me. But this month I actually started doing jog/walk sessions. Those kick my butt, but sure do feel great since doing them.

Lilly... your hunger might be from antihistamines. I found out that antihistamine use is linked to obesity and overeating.. gave them up completely and lost weight without trying. Of course, it's made my asthma a little more difficult to deal with. But I'd rather wheeze a little than keep getting fatter! There's something about how antihistamines mess around with the chemical messengers that make us feel full. There was a big study that was publihsed in Newsweek or something like that not long ago. Glad you're feeling better!

TTYL girls... lots of will power dust to make the last push for September goals!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

MissyFluffs
09-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Just wanted to add an inspiring thought. At least, it's inspiring to me :)

Last night when I was doing my jog/walk exercise through my neighborhood I saw a little screech owl! It whizzed silently right over my head and landed on a nearby branch. The moon was awesome and I could see it's silouhette against the evening sky.

I had forgotten the cool things I've been missing sitting around and watching TV all night every night. KWIM?

lilybelle
09-25-2007, 02:02 PM
BB, my recent illness started with a really sore throat and moved quickly into my upper chest. Hope you feel better soon and do see a Dr. if you need one.

Missy, there is antihistamines in the Theraflu and I am on steroids, so this could be why I feel so hungry. I lost about 4 lbs. since getting sick and I think my body is working hard to get those lbs. back. (and unfortunately its working).

I did walk on the treadmill last night,but a coughing fit had me stopping my walk before I wanted to.

aud
09-25-2007, 02:36 PM
awwwww az, Tx for the vote of confidence!:hug: Unfortunately, I only WISH I was part of negotiations - not happening here from my peon status. As Bob Seger once sang in the glorious 70's - " . . . I feel just like a spoke in a great big wheel . . . like a tiny blade of grass in a great big fiellllddddd . . . I feel like a numbah" *clearing gravelly voice* Thank you . . . Thank you very much!:encore: You know what I love about you azzie? How you are taking charge of your issues while you're young! I think you and I share a certain mindset with the whole weight/health issue - the difference being that I have yo yo'd for years with the crap - and here you are taking the proverbial bull by the horns early on in your life, ya know? Remember, you'll be 46 in a blink of an eye :yikes: - Congrats to you for being PROactive :hat: - you'll never regret it! Hit it Big C: :carrot:

:congrat: also go out to robin on 3lbs down! You GO GF! To missyfluffs for being so near goal and to slimdmom for making goal! Ahhhhhhh - size 11/12 . . . *absorbed in daydream* SNAPPING self out of it! Also congrats to our lilyb on joining a gym - just know that you'll be the best looking HO at the Ball!;) Size 3 mini? As they say on Ellen: Say WHHHHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTT????:D WTG on an hour of walking coolchange! That's my goal for the evening - would LOVE to see an owl . . . our trail here is riverside an loaded with BATS :bat::bat::badbat: . . . Do NOT want to see any of those critters!

Glad you got some exercise in while Leo was at the hospital the other day beachie . . . sorry to hear of your yucky sore throat. Maybe it'll be a 24 hr thing?

Missing fit!<<<<<<:tantrum: Where ya at GF?

I'm off to get my exercise groove on . . . ttyal!

cldwv
09-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi girls! Are you accepting any new members in your group?

I'm only 6 days into my diet and I have to say, the first three were rough! I felt so sick. I feel great now. I guess it takes time to get all those carbs out of your system. I'm active on a couple other threads but it would be nice to hang out with you guys since we are going through the same thing.

aud
09-25-2007, 02:50 PM
PS: Thinking my September goal was to lose about 1/2 of my Halloween Goal - which is to get to 199. That would be 10 or 11lbs and so far I've lost 4 of those suckers . . . cranking it up a notch to get at least closer to goal.

Note to self: Need to measure my inches again for extra motivation - think it's been a couple of months since I had the tape measure out and am down a few sizes.:carrot:

Another note to self: Need to remember WTH I Posted my measurements for comparison.:mad:

aud
09-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi girls! Are you accepting any new members in your group? . . .

Hiya and Welcome cldwv!:welcome3:

Hope you've surfed around LC - there's lots of info - esp about Induction sickness. Hope you'll tell us about yourself - this is an awesome group to chat with!:carrot:

PPPS: To Dear Bouncie - I have never craved anything as good for me as a whole wheat pita! You are really well on your way to being an Intuitive Whole Foods Eater Girl! *greeeeeen with envy!);)

okokok . . . must REALLY log off this time and hit the gym!:o:strong::woops:

cldwv
09-25-2007, 03:50 PM
I didn't realize there was a common symptom called induction sickness. I will do some research. Thank you so much!

I'm serious, I felt like crap for about three days. It was awful.

RobinW
09-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Hi girls! Are you accepting any new members in your group?

Always :D :welcome3:

Hi everyone :wave: Hanging in there, getting my water in, and my carbs out :D Things are busy around here, but I need to keep popping in here to keep myself on track.

Have a great day!

beach bum
09-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm back from the doctors and I have a bad infection thats causing the sore throat.He gave me antibiotics,to take care of it.

Missy Fluffs.-My dh took a photo of the moon its was gorgeous,he would have loved to have a owl in the front.Five lbs isn't much to lose.Sending you :dust: to keep your Sept Goal.

Lily-He said I had a bad infection and was glad that I came in.Saw him 3 x's this month,[food poisoning,blood work & now a bad infection]as I believe that things happen in three.Hopefully I won't :no: have to go back to his office until next year.

Aud-I don't think tis a 24 hr thing,but thanks for the thought.Didn't get my walking:running: done,was too tired to do any activity.

cldwv-Welcome:welcome: alway room for one more. When you say induction sick,what do you mean,head aches are the must common effect. Its detoxing from all bad carbs.,it should end shortly.

Robin-Hi :wave: we posted at the same time. Thanks for checking in,and keeping in touch.

Have to get going,have to start supper.Oh by the way the switching meals around is working don't feel hungry in the evening,like I did when having the main meal at night.

Bouncing
09-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Welcome, cldwv! Aud, I LOVE bats! they have the most adorable faces, and they eat mosquitos, which I nominate as God's Mistake -- I can find absolutely no redeeming value in a mosquito, otherwise known as Small Flying Vampire. I have even learned to tolerate spiders because occasionally a mosquito gets caught in a web. Did I mention that I hate mosquitos with a hate that is pure and holy? My favorite Life Ain't Workin' song is by Dire Straits, "Sometimes You're the Windshield, Sometimes You're the Bug." Kinda says it all, doesn't it?

FeelBetter vibes to Lily and BB!

Azure
09-25-2007, 08:42 PM
cldwv-- Welcome! Always glad to have new people here on the Atkins/LC forum :D And yes...the first three days I was on induction sucked REALLY bad: tired all day, headaches--you name it. After that, it went away and I've been fine!

Aud, in my book, you'll NEVER have any status that sounds anything like "peon" (ever play Warcraft? No? Okay, nevermind... ;)). You're an intelligent, funny, stand-up woman; If they don't have you in the negotiation room, it's your Union's loss! :hug:

BB-- I'm sorry you're feeling sick (you, too Lily!). I hope the antibiotics take care of it swiftly and safely. Take your meds, get lots of rest, drink lots of fluids...you know the whole schpeel (I bet it's what you tell your kids when they get sick :) ).

MissyFluffs, I LOVE owls--they're beautiful :) If you don't hit your September goal for weight loss, you'll probably come REALLY close! I think that hitting your fitness goals is even more important than that. Isn't it amazing how you can step back and look at how far you've come physically since you first started? Sometimes I take a step back after an especially grueling workout and think: "Hey...there's no WAY I could have done this six months ago--Good for me!". So, give yourself a hearty pat on the back from time to time--you've earned it!

----------------

Tonight was great! I went to my 1hr Cardio Kickboxing class tonight. It was SUPER crowded for some reason. Like, half way through all the mirrors in the studio were fogging up and the floor was starting to get slippery from the condensation in the air. It was HOT and I am soaked through with sweat (REALLY need to change out of these clothes)! I'm so proud of myself :) I may do a cardio kickboxing class tomorrow night with a different instructor if my friend Jaime (who's coming up to visit me) has left by then. Should be exciting!

Anyway, I wanted to post that little accomplishment. AND I resisted the urge to go out and buy junk carbs today. I had to really fight that impulse...I have no idea why I get those urges, but they scare the crap out of me, lemme tell ya.

Anyway--until tomorrow, my lovely Low-Carbin' Ladies!

krawhitham
09-25-2007, 09:38 PM
HI cldwv! welcome!! I am new as well - I have only been on induction for a lil over two weeks. I had the same thing you did, feeling really sick for the first week of induction :(

But I feel good now!

And hi to everyone else, too!

As for September goals, I feel like since I only have 18 lbs left to lose, and I am technically in a healthy BMI range as is (just not for my small frame), weight goals will only be a disappointment. Who knows if I will lose any weight this month, or next! My goal was to go to bikram yoga class at least 4 times a week....I am so so busy with work that I can get sidetracked easily and slack on my workouts....so yeah, I can't say I completely succeeded with my goal but I did try super hard, and i'll try harder next month :)

FitinTime
09-26-2007, 01:06 AM
Hi Ladies!

How is everyone doing?

I see there are some new one's here, A Big Welcome to You All! :wel3fc: I know it's a little late for that, but it's always good to see others here to help encourage each other.

Boy it must be that time of the year where everybody is getting sick. I've been sneezing my head off the last couple of days. I'm okay, not getting sick, I refuse to get sick! LOL!
Get well BB!!! :getwell:

Everybody seems to be in good form, I'm glad to see that.

I finally started to do some form of exercise, walking. Hopefully I'll continue with that. And you know what, I have a channel called FitTv, they show nothing but exercise shows all day long. I can just turn it on and do whatever exercise is on, well try to do it anyway! What a knucklehead, huh!
Good going on the exercise everyone!!:high:

I've been also trying to figure out what I need to do to start losing again. I come to the conclusion that I need to eat more. I need to eat more protein and fat and totally up my carbs to around 15 to 20 carbs, per Atkins.
I started this yesterday, I hope it works.
Before I was hardly eating anything. I was told my body was going into starvation mode, that's why I couldn't lose anything. My body wanted to hold on to the fat on my body. GROSS Huh!
So I'll see how this goes, and hopefully I'll start losing again.

Congrats to those who lost!! WTG! :bravo:
For those who are close to meeting their goal, you can do it! No matter what keep going and keep moving forward, you'll get there.
We've all come along way and we'll all get to where we need to be.

I just keep saying, that I'm not where I need to be, but I thank God, I'm not where I used to be!

Talk to you all later!!!

cldwv
09-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Good morning all! How's Wednesday treating you? I feel blah today but it will pass and I'll keep chugging my water and green tea.

I walked on the treadmill this morning before work. I hate it but will keep it up, hoping it will net results. I've comitted to thirty minutes on the treadmill in the morning then again after work. I DVR The View and Martha every day so I watch that while walking.

I made sausage and cheese stuffed mushrooms last night and they were really good and felt like a treat. I love mushrooms. I'm going to go home for lunch today and have some turkey and veggies.

I wanted to grill tonight but just realized my tank is empty so now I have to go have it filled. Grrrr.

beach bum
09-26-2007, 11:58 AM

Feeling a lot better now that the antibiotics are working.Leo doesn't feel good this morning,don't think he caught what I have,but he is feeling blahsy. We're both going to rest today.

Made spaghetti squash,yesterday as it was a easy veggie to get down.Put in in the microwave to long and it exploded, :eek: making cleanup a complete disaster.

Boucning-Thanks :thanks: for the well wishes. The only bats I :bat: like are in those once in the vampire movies.

Azure-thanks :thanks:for well wishes also,Yes:yes: I know the schpeel,I'm taking lots liquids now that my throat is hurting that much anymore. Your doing great with the kick boxiong.I don't think I could do that as I'm a lot older than you guys and would fall flat on my face.

FitinTime-Once the kids get back to school germ seems to be everywhere.I try to hand sanitize my hands when touching shopping carts when in a supermarket. Thanks:thanks: for your well wishes I should be back to my old self shortly.I was having problems staying on too low carbs but now that I get more using fit day as a guide,I founding that I losing slowly again.I think 20-25 is too low for me anyway.

cldwv-Sorry:sorry: you feeling the blahs today,and not having enough gas in your grill. I have a grill that fits on the stove ,just incase DH closes the grill for the winter months.

Have a nice morning, will check in later

aud
09-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Best yoko ono voice singing *"strike is over . . . & a Happy New Year . . . :D "* Unexpectedly getting ready to stash my picket signs and head on in for the night shift. Details on the new contract (concession-a-rama) pending.

Glad it was a short one - the stress was incredible - and then to add to the joy found that apparently me being home at night was stressful for my now less than "d"h. HUGE fight into the night - all over total BS . . . rethinking my life even as I type. This is my 3rd relationship and 1st marriage. We've been together 17 years - married for 11. Lot of years invested - no energy to pick up the pieces at the moment.:(

Had a fab workout yesterday . . . lots of "quality time" with DD at the Y . . . came home then to the BS and while dh slept peacefully I ate the world.:mad:

That reminds me bouncie . . . I'm listening to Stephen King's "Apt Pupil" during my work out frenzy . . . Tape 2 starts talking about Sayer's and a characters resemblance to Lord Peter Wimsey and references Bunter as well!!!! Think Stephen must be a fan as well - lmao thinking of us just recently talking about it here in cyber world - trudging away on the elliptical. Also - each time I work out I think but don't know if I ever Posted that another cardinal back ache rule my osteopath surgeon told me for life was to "work out all you want for life - but NEVER use free weights" - did I think it or say it back when you had the prob?:?::dizzy: He said that I could never stabilize my back enuf with free weights - to stick to the circuit so I can use the proper form to protect my back.

Big :hug: to everybody - gotta get moving! Ttyal in the Wee Hours!

RobinW
09-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Afternoon :wave:

Aud~Sorry to hear about dh, not being so "d" ...you could replace the dear with another, think dhdh :D Regardless, I hope everything smooths itself out.

I made it thru last night :whew: I was wanting chocolate and peanut butter sooooooo bad!! Even had myself talked into it being ok. So I went and got dh and told him to tell my I didnt need any sugar. Then I told him to tell me with more force :lol: That worked!! I made it thru the night :cb:

Im alright today! Im heading over to a place with friends later to put together meals for the month. They usually have huge home baked cookies. So Im going to tell the girls to make sure I dont eat any of them! I should be good.

Im not quite in the right mind set yet, but Im getting there.........outside help is a wonderful thing.

Have a great day ladies!

cldwv
09-26-2007, 02:53 PM
OMG! I just had a Bryers low-carb ice cream bar. YUM!

FitinTime
09-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Hi cldwv--

I just read your myspace, and boy do we have lot in common music wise, all or most of the groups you mentioned I have see and love listening too.
Even met REM after a concert too, as they were leaving we called the lead singer came over to our car. We called him Mike and corrected us and said Michael!
He gave us an autograph and told him how much we loved the concert and he was on his way. No camera to take a picture. Also came within touching distance of U2. After their concert in the early 80's I went with some friends to a local club, who happened to show up but the group! They were hanging out and checking out the club. No one bothered them or anything, like it was normal.

Ahhh. . .so many memories and so many concerts!!

cldwv
09-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Hi cldwv--He gave us an autograph and told him how much we loved the concert and he was on his way. No camera to take a picture.I didn't have a camera either but I did get autographs. I was about 16 when I met them. Peter Buck asked me to turn around so he could use my back as a hard surface to write on. He wrote, "To Cindy, on her back." When my dad saw that, he flipped out! I still have that concert poster.

I'm current obession is Davey Havok; has been for years. Met him a few times.

I named my treadmill Davey so we could spend quality time together every day. My friend said, "Funny! You getting on Davey. I love fantasy role playing :-)" Hey, I say, what ever works.

FitinTime
09-26-2007, 05:57 PM
It was so much easier then to get up close and personal with them, then it is now, wasn't it!

If I would have been a little more agressive, who knows what would have happened! ;) LOL!!!

cldwv
09-26-2007, 06:18 PM
It was so much easier then to get up close and personal with them, then it is now, wasn't it!Depends. I'm a really good stalker.;)

This summer I managed to get a room on the same floor, right next door to a couple members of my favorite band. As you can imagine, I spent a lot of time in the hall and in the lobby. I know I'm a dork but I don't care.

To get somewhat back on topic, talk about THIN! Those guys are soooo thin. They are all vegans. I guess that's the way to go. Last week when I met Davey again, I should have given him a big fat Atkins kiss. The smell of the meat may have done him in.

FitinTime
09-26-2007, 06:41 PM
To get somewhat back on topic, talk about THIN! Those guys are soooo thin. They are all vegans. I guess that's the way to go. Last week when I met Davey again, I should have given him a big fat Atkins kiss. The smell of the meat may have done him in.

LOL! Or maybe he would have gotten a taste for meat and ditched the vegan wagon.

Reminds me of Morrisey with his, "Meat is Murder" chant. I still like him anyway! I saw him too in concert!!! Love!

cldwv
09-26-2007, 10:51 PM
I was lucky enough to see the Smiths once too! Ahhh, the good old days.

Azure
09-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Aud, I'm so sorry things are crappy with the DH at the moment :hug: I heard on the news about a Ford Motors strike being over and I instantly thought of you!! I was like: "that must be Aud's strike! She gets to go back to work!"

If you don't feel guilty about eating "the world" last night, I won't feel guilty about eating the world tonight. I feel sick. I let myself get starving out and about and instead of good choices, I made VERY bad choices... Two doughnuts, three Taco Bell tacos and HALF a BAG of Mint Creme Double Stuff Oreos...

That's probably about 3200 calories I had tonight (~ 3900 for the whole day)...UGH. Plus a gazillion carbs. It's back to square one tomorrow...I'm trying really hard not to just scream.

On the bright side? I was talking about hitting the gym tonight and my friend, Rob, on campus said that if I wanted a gym buddy, he'd be it. He's going to at least be doing lifting and HIIT with me on M/W/F and he's even thinking about Cardio Kickboxing with me Tues/Thurs! I know I'll make it to the kickboxing classes, 'cause I love 'em. But having him motivate me to get to the gym for weights and HIIT will help me out a lot--plus he'll be my "protector" on the guy's side of the gym :D

So...today wasn't a total loss in that sense. I think I'm going to take a week off from weighing--take one of my "freebie" weekends in TBL Challenge and just focus on getting back to Induction-standards. Binging's always been a problem of mine--and unfortunately binge foods for me = carb/sugar-filled foods. So, I'm going to get back to basics, skip out on weighing for the week and let my body settle back down. Rob and I start working out next Monday--so I'm going to spend some time drawing up workout plans for us and planning my meals!

:hug: Love you girls!

FitinTime
09-26-2007, 11:53 PM
I was lucky enough to see the Smiths once too! Ahhh, the good old days.

I saw them too!

Hey Girls I'm sorry you're feeling low, and things are kind of going yucky. But you two have that special umff, that you can get back up from this and just kick some butt!
We're human and things happen that sometimes we have no control over, but we're all worth the work we put into ourselves.
And soon, we're going to get back in the zone and get er done!

Chin up Ladies, tomorrow is another day, a new dawn!!:hug:
Love!!

Azure
09-27-2007, 01:04 AM
:hug: Thank you, Diana. I needed that!

aud
09-27-2007, 06:13 AM
I ate the UNIVERSE.

shrl
09-27-2007, 07:18 AM
Hi there Ladies
Happy Thursday
Thanks for the welcome.
I have lost 5 lbs of water I think. I was on another diet and Just weighed this morning and finally the scale moved. Anyway starting low carb for type 2 diabetes and better blood sugar control.
Well better get busy, I have company coming today.
Have a good one,
Ann

cldwv
09-27-2007, 09:12 AM
One small step...

I made homemade mac and cheese for my daughter last night. I put sort of a garlic/alfredo spin on it. It smelled so good! Didn't sneak a bite, didn't even want any! I think the carbs must be out of my system because I'm not really craving them that much.

cldwv
09-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi there Ladies
Happy Thursday
Thanks for the welcome.
I have lost 5 lbs of water I think. I was on another diet and Just weighed this morning and finally the scale moved. Anyway starting low carb for type 2 diabetes and better blood sugar control.
Well better get busy, I have company coming today.
Have a good one,
AnnDoesn't it feel great when the scale moves - in the right direction? Way to go shrl!!

I weighed myself for the first time last Sunday (home scale). It said 190. Ok, I can deal with that, I told myself. Got on that same scale Monday morning. 200!!!! WTF (please excuse me for that one but that's the only response that came to mind at the time.) Monday afternoon, I decide to go down to the gym at work and get on the "professional" scale and it said 204. So, in about 34 hours time, I went from 190 to 204. I'm a glutton for punishment.

I decided then I'm only going to weigh on Mondays and I'm going to do it on the gym scale. Might as well be honest with myself, right? No more denial for me girls.

krawhitham
09-27-2007, 12:02 PM
I just woke up from a dream where my friend tricked me into eating a whole bowl of pasta because when she served it to me there were meatballs covering the top of it!

Now that I think about it, it's a hilarious dream, but I was soooooo mad at her in the dream!!!! yelling "how could you do that to me! you know im trying to focus on my health here!!!"

I don't even think the pasta tasted very good...

haha!!!! Anyone else have atkins/food dreams??

aud
09-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Tx for being here fit! I've overslept again and woke up with a carb hangover (did I mention that I ate the UNIVERSE?) How are YOU doin' Girl? Love that you're always here for everyone else but not sure if I ever even ask how you're getting along?:o Sure needed some encouragement this morning - man, was last nights return to work BRUTAL. Just. Brutal.

Rethinking: So I'm thinking a tiny carb slide is eating the World . . . a full on carb binge is eating the Galaxy . . . gotta pull myself quickly up by my bootstraps before going ahead and eating the . . . Universe which is where I was at from March-July.

I stand corrected - had a night of eating the GALAXY! Let's see if I can get this train wreck turned around, shall we?

As much as I've loved food . . . can't remember dreaming about it especially.

I sat on the stage of the Ozark Mountain Daredevils and got invited to the Hotel.

Didn't go.:(

True blue to my loser bf of the time.:(:mad:

I got invited backstage about 3 yrs ago to meet LENNY KRAVITZ . . . true blue went out the window and the PARTY was ON :carrot: . . . later got invited to get on the party tour bus . . . was on the bottom step b4 remembering I had a family that wouldn't understand my sudden trip to Chicago. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . memories. He was SUPER - autographed my Big Girl Molly's senior picture and posed for pics with me. So. Sexy.

*snapping self out of reverie*

Congrats shrl!:carrot:

Gearing up for another night of telling my 240 people that the contract lowlights boil down to "we're F&%$ed" - in a nutshell - ;)

FitinTime
09-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Hey Aud, Thank you for thinking of ME!!! LOL MUCHO LOVE TO YA!!!

I'm keeping myself from getting discouraged because I haven't lost anything. But it's all good, I know I'm losing inches for sure!

I'm going to get an exercise equipment, but I don't know what to get. It's either a treadmill or an ellipticals. Are you familar with the latter? I want to get something that will do the most damage, figuratively speaking! ;)

I like how you describe your eating, "I ate the universe". I wanted to LOL so hard, but I didn't want to hurt your feelings. The first thing I thought was, "she's got her sense of humor going", and that's good!!

I think we need that especially when things aren't going our way.

So you had some backstage concert memories too huh. OMG, what a time it was!

Hi to: Lily, Azure, kraw, cldwv, shrl, Punce, Bouncing, Beach Bum, Missy, who else am I missing!
Gosh this group is growing so much and turning into one big ol' happy family!!!:carrot::carrot:

I hope all of you are doing great, and keeping positive thoughts always! Nothing is that bad, we can always go back to our woe and continue on! That's the beauty of this woe!

Talk you soon!! :hug:

beach bum
09-27-2007, 04:35 PM

Feeling a lot better today,Got a good night sleep,went to bed at 9PM and got up at 7AM.Woke up twice for the bathroom.

The only thing is wrong with the past several days was that I'm sluggish,Need that sleep.Hope to go with my diet & exercise full speed ahead. Don't know what the scale is going to say on Saturday W-I,but I not going to worry about that.First worry to get get better,and get the awful bacterial infection out of my body once and for all.

Doing my laundry right now and will start supper soon. Boy you gals are chatty the last tow day I don't know if I can keep up with you,so if I don't read all of your post don't get angry with me.

Azure-You had donuts & Oreo's Yikes!! I haven't had those cravings at all on a low carbing. Its the salty ones that get me into trouble. My doctor told me it because of low carbing that the salty one appear.Sending you some :dust: for the craving to cease.

Aud-Sending you some :dust: also.You and Azure have to get back into the Zone.

Have go go will be back later

coolchange
09-27-2007, 06:17 PM
No significant weight loss since Monday.. I guess I am just too impatient. Maybe I will see a big one soon. Still OP but would love a bit of encouragement.. sigh..:p

FitinTime
09-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi Coolchange!

Hey don't worry about it, you'll see the scale move soon. I haven't seen the scale move for me for about a month and a half, so I feel for you.

The one thing if we don't see it on the scale then we'll see it in inches, so don't forget to measure yourself.
And we may not lose everyday, more like once a week, but everyone is different.

As long as you're eating the way you're supposed to then you have nothing to worry about.

Be patient my Dear!!!:hug:

RobinW
09-27-2007, 07:23 PM
another day, another 72 aprons done! :dizzy: Im tired! I have to honestly say, working and staying in a routine helps tremendously in keeping me on plan. That and telling dh when to yell at me for wanting sugar :D :lol: :lol3: Hey! What ever works right?!?!!

Tomorrow night we have been invited over to stepson#1's for dinner. OOOOOOooooohhhhhhhhhh how difficult this is going to be!! His wife took cooking classes when she was over in sweden, and is an absolutely amazing cook! At least I know the salad will be tastey!! :lol: Keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow :crossed:

Im off to fill in my blog......have a nice evening ladies!

Bouncing
09-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Hi everybody! I've been dodging a craving for homemade spice cake with cream cheese frosting. A character in a book I'm reading made one, and my salivary glads exploded all over the page. Sigh. Luckily I have NO ingredients. I got rid of the flour, sugar, etc. Gave it all away. And I'm far too lazy to go to the grocery store, plus I would have time for sanity to return. Well, would you believe, for sanity to mysteriously appear for the first time? Actually I need to go to the store and pick up a coupla things, but I'll just eat my low carb dinner first, bbq'd beast and a nice salad. That'll take the edge off, and maybe I'll forget all about spice cake.

Lost another 2 lbs, and losing inches! Last night I did a closet purge. Finally, all my fattest pants are too big. Still have a few 3x/24 that almost still fit, but went out to storage and retrieved two 22 jeans and 2 20's. The 22's fit great, glad I went to get them because at this rate in another month or so they'll fall off too. I can get the 20's up, and if I torture myself I can even get them buttoned & zipped, but I'll leave them alone for now cuz I'm not into pain. Not my pain, anyway. Once in a while I'd like to inflict a little...

Aud, thx for the tip on free weights. I'll start up again next week, and only use the machines.

I have a great horned owl that hangs out behind my house every once in a while, and I hear a screech owl occasionally. There are supposed to be barn owls around here too, but I've never seen one, and have no idea what they sound like. Have any of you ever seen a burrowing owl? Itty bitty guys, and so amazingly cute that I'm sure they're illegal. Nothing gets to be that cute. It isn't allowed.

Cool, I've had weeks-long stalls, but they end eventually and I go back to regular loss again. Just ignore the darned scale (yeah, I know, easy for me to say) and keep on keepin' on with life. This IS life, not some temporary dietary side trip. I'm soooo glad it seems so normal to me now. For a while it seemed like it (Atkins) completely dominated my life. Now it's receded into the background, where food SHOULD be. Well, for now anyway. Gotta be careful of Famous Last Word syndrome!

Have a good Friday, everybody, see ya tomorrow.

aud
09-28-2007, 05:48 AM
Got word that I'm going to a conference about the proposed contract - flying out early so prolly won't be around until Saturday nite . . . so exciting for my 23 yrs of humdrum blue collar life!:carrot:

Will try not to eat anything celestial.

I am currently in love with elliptical - treadmills bore me fittieT . . . therefore I avoid, ya know? Try both out - how'd you lose so much weight? Atkins? And now you're stalled? The high fat/protein didn't budge ya? This may be a job for Hidden Carb Detector JerseyGirl???!!!

Hey azzie - will you put me down for a freebie week over on TBL? Not gonna be around plus Carb-A-Rama Fest '07 I went on wouldn't help Our Blues much anyway!;) Tx!:hug:

Tally Ho everyone - ttya when I can!:carrot:

FitinTime
09-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Way to Go Bouncing! I happy for you on the 2 lb loss! :carrot::carrot:
What a great feeling, aren't you glad you didn't act out your cravings for that cake? That reminded of a cake I made one time, it's called a Hummingbird Cake. I'll stop right there! LOL

Aud, good luck on the business you'll be taking care, I pray everything will go good for you.

Yes, I don't understand my stall, and as God is my witness, I haven't eaten anything with hidden carbs. I've talk to JG already about it and, just can't figure it out. I've been really good on my eating, but at one point, I don't think I was eating enough. So I upped m salads and vegetable, then I upped my protein, then fats.
I should have lost more by now, but no go. That's why I'm investing in some exercise equipment. I think now I'm going with the elliptical.
I think the exercise will definetly rev me up. What I was told by another person is, my body is trying to catch up with the weight loss and it takes some time. How long, who knows! Does that make sense!

Last night I said, to heck with it, and ate a cup full of sf lc ice cream. I hadn't eaten that in a long, long time. It felt good too! LOL

I ended up taking a short walk last night right after I ate that.

I'm taking L-Carnitine to boost up my metabolism, and taking some Olive Leaf extract, incase I have any yeast in me. I got this info from Dr Atkins book. So I'll see how this works.

I'm patient though, eating out of my woe is not going to solve my problem, although the thought occurred to me. I'll just mess up my body up and confuse it, I sure don't need that, my head gets that way already!! Haha!

Okay enough of me!

I hope you Lovely Ladies here have a great Friday, and I hope you lose some lbs too!! Hi to ALL of you who are on this thread, and I mean ALL of you!!!!
Keep positive, don't give up, don't dispair.

We are going to make it!!!! :carrot::carrot:

RobinW
09-28-2007, 09:09 AM
WTG Shellie on being 2 more lbs gone!! :cb:

beach bum
09-28-2007, 11:22 AM

Nothing new, the same old thing. I have been pretty good in the snacking dept., as the antibiotics has a loss of appetite side effect.Don't know what will happen once I go off the pills next Tues.

The meal switch-aroo, I think is working.DH & I are not feeling hungry,in the evening like we did before. The refrigerator hasn't been raided by DH & myself like it was in the past. Don't understand why,other than my pills,but for DH hasn't snack while watching TV.

BOUNCING-Congrats:cheers: on losing 2 more pounds and shrinking inches,Whatever your doing is working.WTG.

AUD-So Glad:carrot:No :nono:more worries about the job. the strike is over,and now it time to enjoy your weekend.

FIT-Of course that make sense, You have to be patient, remember you didn't put the pounds on overnight,as what makes you thing that you'll lose it over night. I'm impatient also,and I think we all are,but sit down with your doctor and he will explain it to you. Maybe you NOT eating enough. No matter don't give up, sending you some :dust: that you will succeed.

Have to go will post later.

JerseyGyrl
09-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Hidden Carb Detector JerseyGyrl:smug: Aud, you are a hoot girl!!!

I've talked to Fit and have to agree when I looked at her Fitday link...she was not eating enough. We are conditioned to think "eat less to lose more weight...don't eat fat...etc.,etc.,etc." With Atkins, you must eat to lose weight. The average person, who has not read DANDR does not understand this concept. Atkins works by eating and by eating FAT. When Atkins is done correctly, your body burns the fat you are eating for fuel.

While I don't agree with much on the Atkins website after the good Dr's death....I do agree with 12-15 of your 20 carbs on Induction for the day coming from veggies & salad. I have a big salad everyday for lunch. I add broccoli to it, as well as cucumber & roasted red peppers. I have this with either chunks of grilled chicken or grilled steak or I will have tuna salad with it. I also have some type of veggie with my dinner.

As for "sugar free treats"....I've always pretty much steered clear of them. If you read the labels on those things...the majority of them include sugar alcohols and for a lot of people that means MAJOR gastric distress!!! Personally, I believe even Splenda sweetened items should be limited. Have you ever read the ingredients in Splenda? Am I saying I never have Splenda? No, absolutely not...but...I limit it to 1 packet a day if that. There are many days I don't have it at all. I don't drink diet soda's or Crystal Light because of these artificial sweeteners. As many of you know, I'm an "Atkins purist" meaning, I try to eat real, unprocessed foods. I believe thats the way Dr. Atkins intended this to be done and its worked very well for me!:carrot:

cldwv
09-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Aud - I think I might pee my pants if I got to meet Lenny Kravitz! I'm not kidding. My daughter yells at me when I say this but he is H.O.T. I love him.

Well girls, I made a big batch of buffalo chicken and chicken salad last night. Both are tasty if I do say so myself. I bought stuff to make bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers to snack on tonight (movie night with me, myself, and I). Oh, I got stuff to make stuffed peppers too. I got all the recipies from the recipe thread here, except for the chicken salad, which is the best chicken salad in the world and I'll share it if interested. I should probably post it there too.

We have the high school homecoming parade and football game tonight (my daughter is in the marching band). Then tomorrow is the homecoming dress. She's totally freaking out about her hair and what to do with it so I'll be dealing with that Saturday.

Happy Friday all and have an awesome (low-carb) weekend!

MissyFluffs
09-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Hello everyone! Sorry haven't posted in a few days. I've been super busy at work. In the accounting world, month end is always a big thing.

Haven't done too well on my eating, as I've got PMS and work stress getting me down. But I've kept my cheats to a minimum. Thanks for the info about eating too little. I think I was getting obsessed with fitday and calorie counting as well and decided to just drop it. It was taking me too much time to fill all that info out anyways, and I should be using that time to exercise!

It looks like I'll meet my fitness goals this month, I'm glad I have something to be at least a little proud of. Perhaps when this PMS water weight comes off next week, we'll see if I made more progress than I think I did.

Have an awesome Friday everyone!

krawhitham
09-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Cool, I've had weeks-long stalls, but they end eventually and I go back to regular loss again. Just ignore the darned scale (yeah, I know, easy for me to say) and keep on keepin' on with life. This IS life, not some temporary dietary side trip. I'm soooo glad it seems so normal to me now. For a while it seemed like it (Atkins) completely dominated my life. Now it's receded into the background, where food SHOULD be. Well, for now anyway. Gotta be careful of Famous Last Word syndrome!

Have a good Friday, everybody, see ya tomorrow.

Bouncing, this is great advice! I am so close to my goal I can SMELL it and I get so worked up with weighing every day and Atkins becoming my life instead of just becoming a natural way of eating for me. I hope as I go on in the future thats what it'll become, especially once I reach my goal weight, I hope I'll be used to picking the foods that are RIGHT for me instead of thinking "atkinsatkinsatkins what can i eat on atkins?!?!?!?!" all day long.

FitinTime
09-28-2007, 02:53 PM
JersyGyrl to my rescue!!!! Yeah!!

I still don't think I'm eating enough. I have around 20 carbs now, is that too low?
I tell you what, I will know how to maintain my weight loss when I lose it won't I!

My mom did tell me this morning that I looked like I lost more weight, but according to my scale, it's still at the same place, so it has to be inches I'm losing.

I don't snack, maybe that's the problem too. Actually I don't know what to snack on, other than pork rinds, but they have too much salt.

Any suggestions?

lynnar
09-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi, I expected to find a Friday Weigh In thread here somewhere. I guess I don't really know the format or the protocol here on this message board. I've been reading for the last two weeks (since I restarted Atkins) and have posted a few times but it all seems so new to me.
If I had found a Friday WI thread I would have posted that I'm down four pounds for the week. I didn't weigh in the day I started (I was afraid!) so I don't really know how much for the (almost) two weeks on Atkins, but I'm guessing it's about 6-8 pounds.
I don't plan to go off induction. I seem to do better with a stricter goal. I guess I'm sort of an "all or nothing" type person. I think I can stay at this level long term (I think I can). Thanks for letting me but in here. Lynn

cldwv
09-28-2007, 04:58 PM
I don't plan to go off induction. I seem to do better with a stricter goal. I guess I'm sort of an "all or nothing" type person.You and I must have been separated at birth. I'm a total all or nothing kind of girl. I guess in some respects, it's a good thing but it hurts the wallet when shopping.

MissyFluffs
09-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Some low carb snacks I like:
homemade olive oil dressing (olive oil, Mrs. dash, other spices, mustard, and dash vinegar) The mustard will help to emulsify this dressing and make it thick.

Things to dip in the dressing: celery, cucumbers, leftover steak strips, leftover chicken, whatever.

Sometimes I just munch on leftover steak strips for snacks.. if I don't feel like using a plate or anything.

Macadamia nuts

Lettuce wraps: Cream cheese, cilantro and/or chives, with leafy green lettuce wrapped around it. Might wanna throw some roastbeef or something in it too.

Tuna mixed with above homemade olive oil dressing... and dip celery in that.

Lunch meat wrapped around some sliced avocado.

That's all I can think of right now. I don't eat the cream cheese very often as it's kind of hard for me to digest. Hope I helped a little.

FitinTime
09-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks Missy,
That does help! I just never thought about eating those things as snacks, seems more like lunch or dinner to me. I forget I can eat those things any time. Your dressing sounds really good, the type I like too!

Thanks alot for posting that, I really appreciate that!!! :hug:

beach bum
09-29-2007, 10:56 AM

We have a beautiful morning up on the Cape,sun is shinning and the temps are going to be in the 70's. Going to see if Leo is up to walking long the beach,before we watch the President's Cup golf tournament on T.V.

W-I was this morn,managed to lose 1-lb. with all that I went though health wise.Moved my Sept ticker to a lose of 3-lbs for Sept. Couldn't move my reg tricker as I gained 3.So I guess I'm even and will be able to move it downward next week.

Will be back later

cldwv
09-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Morning girls!

Congrats BB on the pound lose! It's like interest, isn't it? A little bit compounded daily. Sounds beautiful where you are. I'd love to have a beach near me.

No news to report just wanted to check in and say hi to you all.

RobinW
09-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Great going BB!!!!! Have a nice walk, it sounds lovely.

Had dinner last night at stepson #1's, we had fishcakes and asparagus. The fishcakes had potatoes in them. So when I came home I just had about 2oz of cheese to help counteract any cravings I may have gotten from the potatoes, had my cup of tea, and was in bed by 930! I did good....refused the raspberry pie (it looked delicious) and it doesnt seem to have effected today at all. Im thrilled with that!

Today is going good, I may even climb up on the treadmill this afternoon!! :cb:

Have a great day ladies!

beach bum
09-30-2007, 10:04 AM

Just checking -in to let you know every thing is fine with Leo & I. Got up late and I have to get ready for church and than after I get back from my Sunday Brunch with my friends I be glued to the TV to watch the final game of the President's cup.

Will join you gals later after the game.
So long, until than

cldwv
09-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Good morning to all of my low-carb buddies!

BB, are you a golfer? I am. I golf badly but still, I love it. Haven't been out much this summer though.

No big plans for the day. There's lots of cleaning to do and instead of plopping down in front of the TV, I should probably get with it.

Anybody have big Sunday dinner plans? I think we are going to grill.

beach bum
09-30-2007, 06:23 PM

I'm back from watching the Presidents Cup. My Tiger Woods lost to Mike Mier.O well!! there always 2009.

CLDWV-No:no: I'm not a golfer,except for playing miniatured golf when I was a child.I like watching it on tv. Thanks:thanks: for the congrats on my weight loss,hopefully this will continue going downward. We love it up here in the Cape, that why we retired up here 10 years ago. We have woods around us and a minute ride down to the beach.

Robin-Thanks for your congrats:congrat: also,wish it was more but I will take it. You did great resisting that raspberry pie.I know I love:love: crab cakes but the mashed potatoes in them are not very weight loss friendly.I wonder if theres another way of making them,with out potatoes.

Have a nice evening ladies

coolchange
10-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Fit/Bouncing et al,
Thanks for those kind words. Patience has NEVER been my strong suit.
I have dropped a few since then. Trying to change the actual ticker....grrr.. I changed my profile but how do I move the darn tracker? Does anyone know?? Thanks. Stay strong.

PS I have decided only to weigh once a week.