Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-24-2007, 09:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat - Sept 24 - 30

good morning gang

did everybody have a nice weekend? I sure did! thanks for the birthday wishes. I had a nice birthday.

I'm just about over my cold and got myself up this morning and did 2 miles with Leslie before getting ready for work.

It looks like it'll be raining most of today....good thing I work inside.

What's everybody up to and how's it going.

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:24 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning all!

Cathy, glad to hear you had a great birthday! and hope that cold is all gone today!!

As for me, I'm trying to make some positive changes for myself; it's important for me to get back to work, so I've been applying for jobs. No luck yet, but something is bound to come along I have arranged to find a counselor nearby to speak to about building my self esteem while my marriage crumbles, and I am trying very VERY hard to be positive and NOT replay the same behaviours and thought-processes that brought me to this point in the first place.., it is SO hard to change my thinking, though!

The weather is gorgeous though, and mostly I am trying to stay upbeat and keep busy - plan to do the front garden fall cleanup this week, by myself, so that should kill a day!

Have a great day everyone!
Heather

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 09-25-2007 at 09:25 AM.
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:51 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Afternoon Ladies

Cathy I'm glad you had a good Birthday did you do anything special? Hey girl, congrats on the 2 miles WATP.

Heather I hope something comes your way soon, and I also think its a great idea that you get into the work force, that alone will help build self esteem & confidence.

Well girlies, nothing much is going on here, sosdd. Tonight is back to school night so it'll be a race home, dinner and then there LOL.

Have a great evening

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!!!

Happy belated birthday Cathy!!!! So glad to hear that you had a nice day!
And congrats on keeping up with the exercise!

Wow leenie, always so busy. Sorry your trip wasn't as enjoyable. We had meet the teacher night on the 20th, I'm glad the girls have only four teachers per semester.

Heather your positive attitude is astounding Look after yourself. I'm sure you will find something soon. A job is such a confidence builder.

Well nothing new here. Its been a beautiful fall day. I was suppose to get to stay home today, but B phoned from school needing a jar for her cooking class as they are pickling asperagus. Oh well I got a few more errands done. I still have to phone and make appointments, but phoning offices is something I just don't like doing, I procrastinate until I can't wait any longer and then find out it isn't so bad.
I'm getting really frustrated with my weight as it doesn't seem to matter what I do I'm not getting anywhere. I guess I need to step back and do some re-evaluating and get back on track, get some consistancy going here.

Anyway I'm off, I should do that phoning but I won't, I'll go and cut out a pattern instead.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:55 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Happy Hump Date

Buddly I've never heard of pickling asperagus LOL , will the kids actually eat this? Now get to that phoning

Nothing much is new today, sosdd...work, work work. Tonight we are off and running to Pioneer Girls (after home work of course ). You know... I should be skinny with all the running I do lol.

Anyway, hope your all having a decent week.

Luv yah's.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:34 AM   #6  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

I've been so exhausted since getting back that I haven't posted. I guess the running around and the cold I caught is getting the best of me. I just haven't felt good at all or had the energy to think of anything to say.
Hopefully I'll be back soon.
Take care everybody.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:56 PM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Quick Hello

Just a quick hello to all!

Vacation is going great. Too bad mine ends in 3 nights, after tonight. But to everything there comes an end...........

Hope you all are well!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:09 AM   #8  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone. Not a whole lot going on. I'm hanging in there. I finally got DH to agree to go to counseling. We will see where this goes. I get some lab results back Saturday at the health fair. Then I'll probably get in to see my doc(s) and go from there.

Hope everyone's week is going well. It's almost the weekend!
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:25 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning and TGIF,

Good to see you ladies

Nothing much is happening here, sosdd. Diet is NOT going well and neither is exercise I keep trying though.

Boy everyone here is suffering from allergies or colds... my throat is sore this morning OY!

Any exciting plans for the weekend?

Cathy, Hope, Heather, Brandnewme, Sassy, Buddly
Old 09-28-2007, 10:09 AM   #10  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning folks -

I'm trying very hard to change the habits of a lifetime... and build trust and self-esteem. It's HARD!

So, I am tired, but off for a run -
Have a great Friday, folks - chat soon!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:53 AM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

I am so glad we get to sleep in tomorrow!! Not to much new in our zoo. I finally made those phone calls and the furnace is now fixed. Only took a half hour and a hundred dollars, why didn't I do it earlier Thank goodness its done as its suppose to get fairly cold and even mention of that white stuff I tried to make an appointment with my doc as I'm almost out of some pills, but I couldn't get through so I'll just go to the after hours clinic tomorrow. I had to do that with A when she ran out of her asthma meds as well.
The girls had the Terry Fox run at school today and C came in first for the grade 10 girls. She came home with a certificate for a free lunch and a t-shirt. She went to a birthday party/sleep over tonight.
Leenie, pickled asperagus is really good and yes my kids eat it. The recipe B used at school is sweeter than my mom's recipe, but its still tasty.

Well I should get going and do up the dishes before showering.

Take care everyone and have a great and restfull weekend
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:10 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Girlies,

I'm running late for a "family day" at work, so I will leave you with a big ol hug and a

Have a great day.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #13  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies. Well After tonight I have one last night of Vacation. We didn't go anywhere, just stayed home and relaxed. We went out to dinner and shopping, but that is about it. We enjoyed just spending time together since we no longer get to see much of each other.

DH faxed his Resume' and Cover Letter to the job offer in IN, that my Uncle told him about that is close to my hometown. Resumes' had to be in by Oct. 2nd (Tuesday) and the board has to meet Wed. and my Uncle is on the board, so hopefully by the end of the week we should know if he got an interview or not. My Uncle did say that so far they have not been very happy with the applicants, so I'm hoping they will be happy with my DH. Its an excellent opportunity.

DH & I went for our Eye Exams today. Our new glasses should be here in a couple weeks. Hopefully sooner. But I'm hoping my FIL can get my current ones fixed so I can put my "Sally's" (OLD PAIR) away. Even the Dr. said my glasses I'm wearing now looked like they were from the early 90's. I am like, "yup" lol. But at least I can see. He said my prescription did change quite a bit, but these are my old glasses, so hard to say really how much they have changed. But he said everything looked fine, which is good. He had to dilate my eyes so I had to wear those funky shades they give ya. I looked hot I tell ya. lol. My new frames are cool. I had to trust the eye guy and my DH because without my glasses I can't see much. They both said the new ones look really good on me. Now all I need is to get a new hairdo and new body (work in progress--lol) and I'll look like a brand new person!

Well sorry to rambled on, but I haven't been around much.

I hope you all are doing well!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:46 AM   #14  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies. I haven't forgotten you but I've still been tired. My meds that I've been out of for 2 weeks came today: depression and thyroid meds. Wonder why I've been out of it? My friend is in town till Tuesday so I will try to check in if I have time. Thinking of you all!
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:31 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Its a beautiful cool autumn day here in NJ. My DH and his Brother are cutting a hole in the wall in order to install a door that will lead out to the deck. Its exciting...messy but exciting. I am no stranger to construction thats for sure, I've spent the last 15 years living in a constant state of construction LOL.

I'm still sick and no doubt it will get worse so I must get to the doc.

Heather it is hard but your such a strong woman.... I have no doubt you can do this

Hi Hope, good to see you hope you and your friend have a great time.

Sassy new spec's huh....good for you. I'm supposed to go this week to the eye doc but I have to cancel b/c I'm going to a concert I'll cross my fingers that your DH gets the job....good luck

Buddly sounds like your one busy girl, congratulations to DD who won..AWESOME!!!!

I'm done folding the mounds of laundry and now its time to do some cleaning and then put my fall decorations outside.

Have a great weekend everyone.