Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 05:58 PM   #1  
Optimist

S/C/G: 267/222/150

Height: 5 ft 5¼ in

Default My new favorite tv show

Have any of you seen the show "You are what you eat"? I came across it today while flipping channels and found it on BBC America. This woman was eating nothing but take out and she was passing her bad habits on to her 6 year old daughter. In comes this healthy food expert and in 8 weeks transforms her bad eating habit and gets them into exercising. Very inspiring but what really hit me was when they laid out her week of meals on the table there was so much fatty, nasty food it was just disgusting! Not a vegetable in sight! When she started cooking her own meals she didn't even know what half of the vegetables on her list were! In another episode they had another woman who likes booze but pretty much only drank on weekends when she was out at the pub with her friends - over 7,ooo calories worth!!!!! It really opens your eyes up to how much you can consume without even knowing it!
Old 09-20-2007, 06:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

That's what British shows do for you. X__x

In some episodes they even show the people getting colonics done!! That's the bit that really grosses me out. And I just know I could never follow her Gillian's diet plans But I like the tv show! lol
Old 09-20-2007, 10:29 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

I haven't seen that show, but "Biggest Loser" is my favorite right now. I'm hoping to lose along with them this season. Any of you watch it?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/185.7/160

Height: 5'8

I adore The Biggest Loser! It's is my absolute favorite right now!
Old 10-02-2007, 05:27 PM   #5  

The biggest loser has been mine for a while, i've been following it for a few seasons now, it just amazes me how much weight they lose. I always find myself cheering on the underdogs, lol
Old 10-02-2007, 06:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

I love "You are what you eat!" It's great to see how much people have chnaged physically in such a short period of time. It may be a little graphic to our puritanical sensibilities on this side of the pond but, by showing the people as they are in their swimsuits or underwear, you really see the toll their lifestyle has taken on their bodies and the difference exercise and healthy eating can make. I just wish I had started out eating more junk so simply skipping cola and fast food would get that much weight off me!
Old 10-04-2007, 03:08 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

I'm watching Biggest Loser, but it's not exactly my favorite. I actually liked Fat March, much more realistic weight loss and while most of us can't walk 10 hours a day, that's more realistic than working out in a gym 10 hours a day? Anyway, I Tivo Biggest Loser and basically watch it in fast forward mode, that's enough motivation for me.

You Are What You Eat does sound great!
Old 10-04-2007, 05:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

I made a point of finding this BBC show and watching it, it is interesting.

I caught one show where the gal was basically a chip and crisp addict. There is a part of this show where they basically gather everything the person supposedly ate in the last week and lay it out on a table. What struck me about this gal was all her visible food was beige. Oh, she ate things like sausage muffins and burgers, but from the camera angle you couldn't see a whole lot of anything but the bun/muffin. Thus, beige, flat, boring looking. Later they'll lay out all the foods the person is supposed to eat for the next 8 weeks. Colorful, textural, visually interesting. OK, so they cheat a little bit. They cut open some of the fruits and veggies, giving a bigger visual variety than they do with the "current" food.

I do have to say, though, that if I had saved up my calories and really worked hard for a treat at a bar that woman and I would be in for a knock-down drag out fight if she took my drink away from me to hand me some smelly green mix to drink instead. I know, it's all staged and there is a script, but do they have to be so danged militaristic? It's a bit off-putting and irritating!
Old 10-06-2007, 06:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/187.8/145

Height: 5'5

I've never heard of it! It sounds really good though. I'm going have to try to find it. My favorite show is also the biggest loser! It's so motivating!!
Old 10-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Yeah, if Gillian showed up at my door, I'd be looking to kill whomever gave her my address! Yikes!

I've seen shows where she's laid out all the bad stuff people have eaten in the past week and they've actually said they wanted to start eating it! There is a place for stern discipline when the person has no self control, I guess.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:38 AM   #11  

I love that show the diet is way to extreme but it's still a good show. And I love learning new british words.
Closed Thread