100 lb. Club - What will you be sayingin 15 weeks!?

RitzyFritz
09-19-2007, 11:16 AM
It is ONLY 15 weeks until Christmas!!!

What will we be saying then? Will it be "Yes!!! I did it!" or "Oh, shoot...why didn't I get more serious with my weight loss!?"

I cannot believe we are so close to the end of another year. What do you say we have a little contest to see who all can reach a mini goal (or even their final goal!) by Christmas 07? I think a competition would help me step things up too. Anybody game? What better :present: could you give yourself than to be down 15 more lbs? That is ONLY 1 lb a week!!! We can do that!!!! :wreath: Com'on, 3FC friends!!! Whadda say?? :ginger:

If I get enough interest in this friendly contest, I will start a thread called "My Christmas Gift Contest" and we can check in there weekly, monthly...it is up to you - just something to keep everyone posted as to how you are doing.

dek6
09-19-2007, 11:19 AM
YES DEFINATELY!!!!!! My goal is to be 200 by smas and in ONEderland by the new year..... Im excited to see how everyone does. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

WinterStarzz
09-19-2007, 11:31 AM
This is excellent...and scary. I had no idea Christmas was that close! It sounds a lot closer in weeks than months, lol. Losing 15 lbs by X-mas would be awesome. I am in.

A check-in thread would be great! Let's do this, girls!

I am excited. :D I have needed something to kick me into gear. I need to stop being a slacker. Now I have great motivation!

CyberGypsy
09-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Oh yeal I am up for it my goal date was thanksgiving ut this gives me xtra time :)

gina1221
09-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Only 15 weeks til Christmas!! :shocksn:

I'm up for a little friendly competition.

:snow4:

I'd actually like to be 250 by Christmas but this may be a crazy goal (-2.5 lbs/week)... we'll see... but I'd be thrilled to be -15 lbs by then. Progress downward is a good thing.

Mrs Quadcrew
09-19-2007, 12:03 PM
I am in! I would like to be at goal by then, but I don't like giving myself time lines ~ so we'll just shoot for the 15 down and see how that goes.;)

h05299782
09-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Great plan. I'm trying to lose a just over a stone by Christmas, so that's 15-18 pounds, depending on how ambitious I'm being. YAY for Christmas and slender gals
xXx

hellokitty81668
09-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Hi,
I don't celebrate xmas, but wish everyone luck with their challanges, I have not thought as far as October 31st. I am 222 now and am hoping to loose 7 lbs by the 31st to be 215 that would leave me 2 months for new years, it would be nice to be under 200, but I will accept what comes, no matter if it is only a small loss or a big loss, because I know eventually I can acheive my goal.
cheryl

Daimere
09-19-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm in. Well, since I know that around Thanksgiving and December my weight loss will slow down, so I will go with.....16 pounds by Christmas. Then, I'd be 253.

And wow at Christmas being so close. It's scary!

GirlyGirlSebas
09-19-2007, 12:36 PM
YES DEFINATELY!!!!!! My goal is to be 200 by smas and in ONEderland by the new year..... Im excited to see how everyone does. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

My goals is One-derland by the new year, too. Let's do this.

Shellyknits
09-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Maybe saying this publicly will help me! I'm going for 199 by Christmas. We're going on a Disney cruise Jan 6 and my original goal for the cruise was to hit the 100 pounds lost mark. Given my recent looooooong plateau that's feeling very ambitious, but I've got to try! Count me in!

phantastica
09-19-2007, 12:44 PM
May I join?

I'd like to lose enough weight to be in a size 16 by Christmas, which should be about 30 pounds away. I've been able to lose weight that quickly before, but I've also been at approximately the same weight for a year now. So, in a perfect world I'd lose 30, but 15 would be nice, and very do-able.

LondonJulz
09-19-2007, 12:44 PM
:xcheer: I'm all in!! My Christmas goal would have to be to be in 180's.... definately do-able ..... I don't even remember the last time I was 180 (more than 12 years ago...) The last time I was 180, I was just passing through on my way to 235!! lol

All of my mini-goals revolve around Holidays. So, after my Halloween Mini-Goal, it will be a Thanksgiving Mini.... followed by a Christmas mini.....

Dyanm1
09-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Oh yeah! I am so in!! My 12th wedding Anniversary is on New Years Eve. I like to go big...I would like to be at 200 by Christmas and inONEderland by my Anniversary. I never get upset if I don't meet my goals, as long as I know that I tried my hardest. So make it or not...I'm in!

shelby897
09-19-2007, 01:13 PM
I've been doing absolutely horrible -- not good at weight loss goals -- how about down one size (comfortably -- not having to lay on the bed and contorting, etc. just to zip!!! :D) to a 16 would be nice!!

I noticed someone commented they don't celebrate Christmas -- just assuming that shouldn't leave anyone out -- just a goal for Dec 25th (which happens to be Christmas :D)!!

jellybelly06
09-19-2007, 01:16 PM
I am totaly in! I would love to be at goal by Christmas, but the weight is coming off pretty slow! I know I can do 15 lbs by Christmas!! So, that will be my goal. That would put me at 142! I have NEVER seen the 140's as an adult, or even in high school for that matter!! Yea!! I am very excited, thank you for starting this!

sidhe
09-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Yes definitely! Just this last weekend my brother told me that it's family Christmas in Texas again this year--eep! I've made progress this year, but 15 pounds by Christmas will really knock their socks off. Count me in!

jtammy
09-19-2007, 01:21 PM
I want to say that I'm at goal for Christmas. Let's hope I can. I'd love to have a challenge to check in on.

wanna b thin
09-19-2007, 01:21 PM
I haven't been very successful in reaching mini goals. I don't beat myself up though because at least I'm still loosing, allbeit very slow this year. A nice strong finish would be great, I'll say 170 by Christmas.

sockmonkey70
09-19-2007, 01:25 PM
My mini-goal for Xmas is 157. I would be so happy to get there, but the way things are going this month I am going to have to work extra hard to make goal.

Hope20
09-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Def...count me in I want to be under 205 by xmas so lets go....Stay on track...remember my goal and pace myself!!

boaterswife
09-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Great idea! I always seem to work better with a challange than just plugging away on my own, so maybe this is what I need for my final push! I'd like to be lifetime with WW by Christmas. That's reaching my ww goal and doing 6 weeks of maintenance.....let's go for it!

MaNdA22
09-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Wow that's closer than I thought! Count me in. I don't want to be saying "Why didn't I do more?" come christmas.

Schmoodle
09-19-2007, 02:30 PM
This fits in pretty nicely with a goal I had already set - in onederland by my birthday, which happens to be around Thanksgiving. That is 14 lbs away for me right now. After Thanksgiving, I wasn't sure what the holidays would do to my loss, so as long as I maintained, I figured I'd be happy. So 15 lbs by the 25th of December should be very do-able! So, count me in the Christmas Onederland Club.

royalsfan1
09-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Wow! 15 pounds by Christmas would have me IN THE 160's!!!!!!!!! I'm going to put my name on it and check into any threads you start, Ritz, for sure! However, I'm not going to put it in my sig....because I've got other little goals I'll be going for along the way. My anniversary goal for Oct 9, then I'll have a Thanksgiving goal, and THEN I'll have a Christmas goal. So, all that prattle to say that I'll be in...but I'll set my goal, for sure, after Thanksgiving. It will be at least 15 pounds from today. :D

15 weeks until Christmas...that is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (off to start my Christmas notebook)

traci in training
09-19-2007, 02:40 PM
A few of us already started this a couple of weeks ago with a Christmas ticker (see Merry Christmas to me), so we're in, too.

How about taking a page from one of those illegal chain letter things and sending something to the winner? Like maybe a Christmas ornament or something? Or a little ornament exchange among those who want to and get to their goal? I feel like y'all are my friends now, so it would be fun to do something Christmas-y together. ???

MaNdA22
09-19-2007, 02:44 PM
A few of us already started this a couple of weeks ago with a Christmas ticker (see Merry Christmas to me), so we're in, too.

How about taking a page from one of those illegal chain letter things and sending something to the winner? Like maybe a Christmas ornament or something? Or a little ornament exchange among those who want to and get to their goal? I feel like y'all are my friends now, so it would be fun to do something Christmas-y together. ???

Aww that's a cute idea with the ornaments. I'd be game for that.

LaurieDawn
09-19-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm in! I have a goal of 175 for Thanksgiving (which is sixteen pounds down from my WI this morning). Since Christmas is another month or so, I'll say 167. Wow. That sounds really skinny to me! It's really good for me to visualize a goal. After I hit Onederland, I missed how fixated I was with that particular goal. This will be good for me! Thanks, Ritzy.

And, Traci, I think your idea is way cute, too, but wouldn't there be multiple winners? After all, isn't the goal of this challenge to just compete with ourselves? Still - the idea of something tangible really does keep me motivated. In fact, I have to admit to staying on the Stairstepper a minute past "This is killing me and I need to get off!" yesterday just so I could see the machine say "Congratulations!" when I made it to the goal I had set. Pretty sad, huh?

sharonrr1
09-19-2007, 02:56 PM
I Usually Don't Put Dates On My Goals Because If I Don't Achieve Them I Feel Like I Failed And That Can Have A Bad Side Effect.
But I Will Make It A Realistic Goal Like 14 Lbs.. I'll Be At A Normal Weight By Christmas. I Will Also Be On Vacation In Florida From The 19th Of December To The 29th Of January. That Will Be My Present To Myself.

CLCSC145
09-19-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm in for 20 pounds! When I started this weight loss effort I had hoped to be at 200 by the end of the year, but that's too ambitious at the current rate I'm losing. But I'm fine with that. Thanks for starting this Ritzy!

midwife
09-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Count me in for 20! I've been off and on and off plan for awhile now and I need a kick in the pants. Fifteen weeks til Christmas, huh? Time is a funny thing....it passes no matter what we do (or don't do!). Yes, 20 pounds is a realistic measurable goal...achievable with small changes and consistent choices.

Excellent. Thanks for the challenge!

Slashnl
09-19-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm in, too. I have been pathetic, so I'm just trying for the 15 pounds. That would be good for me and would put me under one of my "mini-goals". You know... the goal of "if I get down to 260, I'll be back down to where I was when I lost weight before". :rolleyes: Can you relate!??

anajjana
09-19-2007, 04:00 PM
WOW!!!:)

Didn't know it was that close. I would love to be past goal by xmas.

I want to weigh in at 160 xmas day!!:)

traci in training
09-19-2007, 06:01 PM
How about anybody who thinks they deserve a "treat" on December 15th say so on a Christmas goal thread. Then we could alphabetize everybody by name and each person could send a little ornament or something to the next person on the list? A little recognition to each other for all of our hard work? We could go wild and say it has to be a handmade ornament (tuna can art, anyone?) or just leave it up to each person. ??? Is this legal, Robin??? I don't want to run afoul of the chick patrol!

traci in training
09-19-2007, 06:03 PM
I mean afowl of the chick patrol! hee hee hee

I love puns, but that's another thread entirely!

Val424
09-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Count me in!!!

Weight Goals
1st mini goal 199 by Xmas
2nd mini goal 180 by April 24th (my birthday)

srqmomof2
09-19-2007, 06:20 PM
I have a pile of winter clothes that my family bought for me last year when I went up north on vacation. None of them fit then. This Christmas I plan on wearing them all! and smile like a fool until new years!!!

tolose85
09-19-2007, 06:52 PM
It's funny that this came up.. I just did this math based on a 2lb weight loss per week until Christmas. If it works out... I'll be saying....

I lost 45 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe even MORE! Good luck on your Christmas wishes all! We'll have to remember to bring this thread back up around then to compare!

RitzyFritz
09-20-2007, 12:45 AM
WOW!!!! What an AWSOME REPONSE!!!!!!!!! This is EXTREMELY exciting!!!

I wanted to address a few things:

1. I did want to include a little "gift" the the biggest loser, but I wasn't sure if it was "legal" on 3FC or not and I know that privacy is a huge issue with many people. I didn't want anyone feeling like they have to give up their privacy by giving their mailing address for their gift. I will check with Admin and see if/how this can be done.

2. DEFINTELY do not think this is only for those who celebrate Christmas! It is just the date of 12/25. There is definitely no "holiday" pressure on anyone. I do know many people take a lot of pictures around this time of year, and I thought this would be a good time to get comparison photos, so this date is good for any of use regardless if we celebrate the holiday or not.

3. PLEASE do NOT feel like you are a failure if you don't reach whatever goal you set for this little contest!! It is just to add a little fun to the efforts we are already making. If you lose 5 lbs between now and 12/25, you are a winner in the fact that you have gone down! You are still more than welcome in the contest no matter how ambitious or relaxed you choose your efforts to be. This is for fun only - no pressure, condemnation, or guilt for ANYONE. I want to re-emphasize - this is for FUN ONLY. :D

I'm SOOOOO very excited about each response!! I'm going to start a thread called "My Christmas Gift Contest." You choose how frequently (or infrequently) you post to the thread (as always). I think it would keep it fun and interesting to at least post something once a week to let the other "contestants" have an update on their fellow 3FC friends, but again, that is strictly up to you.

LET'S DO IT, All you chicks!!!!!

FresnoBeeDude
09-20-2007, 04:50 AM
My goal all along has been to be at 200lbs (ONEderland would be nicer) by Christmas. In order to achieve this I will have to lose minimally 3lbs a week. Since I have been working out with a trainer I have been losing 5lbs a week (1st week I mysteriously gained 5lbs). I joked yesterday that if this continues I can be at goal by Thanksgiving. Either one I would be happy. I do know however if I don't reach goal by then I won't be disappointed

sabriena
09-20-2007, 05:59 AM
I think this would be good for me on the accountability aspect! I have had a horrible time sticking to it. I wanted to drop 10 pounds by Halloween. I hadn't thought as far as Christmas yet!! 15 weeks?!?!?! Oh my!!

I'll do this challenge too! 15 pounds by Christmas *should* be easy!!!

JellyBelly1908
09-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Count me in for 30 lb! :yes:

Soooo...my goal weight for Christmas is 192 lb. :cb:

RitzyFritz
09-21-2007, 08:46 AM
WELCOME to all who have joined in!!! Be sure to see the My Christmas Gift Contest thread which will be the official thread for reporting in now and then on how we are doing. Let's do it!!