UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: See my ticker!

Height: 5' 10"

Default high fibre muffins/buns

ive been looking for recipes for high fibre muffins for ages because im only eating high fibre things now, and theyre always talking about high fibre muffins on the usa threads but they contain things that you can't buy outside america. so does anyone have any good recipes for tasty high fibre muffins/buns? preferably ones that freeze well!
thanks a million!
IrishRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #2  

There's bound to be a slimming world one in fact I'm sure I've had a taste of one. It probably has scan bran (crispbread sold at sw meetings and holland and barrett) in it.

Last edited by veggie; 09-18-2007 at 12:23 PM.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/289/192

Height: 5"8"

I have given up on muffins but discovered crispbreads for upping my fibre. Mum keeps buying these scandandian ones and with a bit of light philidelphia its a low fat, slow energy releasing snack. Seems to work for me.
debsarooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: See my ticker!

Height: 5' 10"

we dont have slimming world in ireland! only ww and their recipes are a bit icky i find... thats an idea though, just crumbling up some all bran or ryvita or something into normal muffin mix but maybe with canderell or splenda instead of sugar and low fat spread. i think ill give that a try this weekend, hopefully it doesnt turn out horrible!
IrishRover is offline   Reply With Quote