WW Clubs and Groups - Did I miss the WW bus?

View Full Version : Did I miss the WW bus?

Lafayette
09-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi!!!

I've missed you guys!

I'm holding steady at 152 and have finally stopped craving lettuce.

What's new with you?

Newlifestyle
09-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Wow that is great Lafayette,
How are you feeling.
It seemed like the bus hit a snag.
I do hope you are doing well.
What have you been eating? Have you been getting a lot of rest.
I hope you are taking care of you.
Take Care
Ann

Lafayette
09-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi, Ann!

I'm behaving myself for the most part and eating lots of veggies and whole grains. My fiance brought me McBreakfast this morning but I have been doing well otherwise.

I feel so much better! I won't be going back to work until the end of the month, which is making me a little frantic, but I'm starting to enjoy my recovery time now that I'm actually staying awake for some of it.

How've you been?

Newlifestyle
09-15-2007, 02:51 PM
I have been well. I have changed from Flex to Core and I find it is working better for me now.
It is great you are feeling better. I do hope you aren't rushing things by going back at the end of the month. Do you feel like you are getting ready to go back?
You seem to be in good spirits so that is great.
Have a great day.
Ann

Lafayette
09-15-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm going back in the thick of things so I'm a little concerned. On the average day, I take two naps and watch quite a bit if TV. If anything, I'm most enthusiastic about being back to 100%!

INVU
09-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Hi everyone hope you are all great.Well I am havin a bad bad bad week eating too much dont know why.Oh well next week WILL be better

MaryL
09-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Oh, My Gosh where's everyone gone?
trying to fix the bus, replaced spark pulgs, tuned it up, gave it an oil change,
running fine now,
backing it up!!!! beep, beep, beep, beep.
Who's jumping back on board?
Let's hope it's going to be a smooth ride.
Mary

Newlifestyle
09-15-2007, 07:39 PM
I hope no one is under the bus.
INVU, good luck getting back on track. You can do it. Take it one meal at a time. Remember to plan and drink water.
Mary, how are you doing.
Lafayette, make sure you are ready to go back. I am sure it will be quite an adjustment. You seem very positive.
Have a great night all.
Ann

sweetnsassyfied
09-16-2007, 05:48 AM
The originator of this thread had posted on the old one while you were starting up the new. I am bringing her post here for all to see. She is doing fabulously!! :)

OMG!!! has it been THAT long since I've been here! Damn I had to run after the bloody bus again! And I see the seats are filling up!!!

Well I have GREAT news...I have been going down down down....slowly, but surely. Since May 2006 I am down 30 pounds (ok..slow but steady). I am ready to break another "10" mark, so that means I'm down another increment! I have been faithfully wearing my pedometer and happy to say I do at least 6,000 steps ONLY at work! So I'm moving my butt.

The man front (ahem) is moving along quite nicely. My guy friend and I are getting along and we'll just have to wait and see. Man I'm too old for this dating business. I just want to put my order in and take the man home you know! ha ha!

Cheers all and have a FANTASTIC week!!!

WTG Elan!!

On a personal note, I am thrilled you all started a new thread. When they get that big it gets troublesome for me. So thank you Lafayette for starting a new one and Mary for kicking the tires and peeking under the hood. :lol:

It sounds as if you all are doing pretty well. YaY!! :broc:

INVU this incredible journey is so twisty and turny, its not all about the food we eat. I know for me a big Big part of it has been my relationship with food. The Why's and What for's. When journaling my food I would also add abbreviations next to things. IE; TOM, bordem, angry, sad, b-days, anni's, or simply a few ?? for the ones you dont know why, yet. It helped me to spot trends. Also knowledge is power... If I know what I instinctually reach for during these stages and phases. Them I am better able to handle them or find solutions for them.

My weekend is going wonderfully! I was hoping for a little alone time this weekend. ( For those of you new to the thread... I am a waitress with 3 children 14,12,10 from a previous marriage. Two daughters and a son. :) All of them in different schools this years! We just finished a year long custody battle. Daily dealing with a EX-hubby from.. well we dont have to go there. My husband now, is currently in Austria while I try and set us up a home here. Perhaps in a year or two he will be able to join us. :) ) Anyhoo I was expecting a no kids weekend and feeling kind of guilty for it. :o

I didnt end up with alone time. Or the alone time I expected. :) What I did end up with is alone time with my oldest, and I gotta tell ya.... Lovin it!

We've gone shopping and are doing lunch at our favorite chinese place today. Rented a couple of movies... yada yada nothing special but Oh So Special!!

And here is another bit HOO-RAH ( for me that is ;) ) ...

I am officially into a size 10!!

Not talking the high rise go just a bit over the belly button area either... we are talking mid-rise bout an inch below the belly button!! Around my Paunch! And no muffin tops!!! HOO-RAH!! I was/am absolutely giddy!! Never did I dream when I started this journey ( again :^: ) last October that I could possibly be into single digits by the time I end. WoW, thats still a mind blower to me. :rofl:

I hope your weekends are going as great as mine!

Sincerely,

Sassy

Newlifestyle
09-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Good morning all,
Sassy it sounds like you are doing well. I love when I am hoping for alone time and then I don't get it but it turns out to be way better than any alone time I could have found. Funny how life works.
I hope all you ladies are having a great Sunday.
Ann

Lafayette
09-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Wow, Sassy! A size 10? That's awesome!

I'm still wearing my size 12's and 14's... my budha belly is still wreaking havoc on my wardrobe selection. You and Elan inspire me! I may have to skip the double chocolate brownies this evening... ;)

I'm spoiling myself today with a nice, hot bath and a facial. I have an olive oil skin care set from DHC and it feels like the ultimate pampering... even if I do have to do it myself. I would kill for a pedicure right now! Ah, recovery...

MaryL
09-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Wow, everyone sounds like they are back, we all seem to have had a little break.

Lafayette, you sounds so much more positive, and like you are healing well.
The end of the month will come soon enough and you will wish you were back on the couch again with the TV, take it easy and don't push yourself, its a big thing to get over.

sassy, :rofl::rofl::rofl: ALONE TIME!!!!! What is that??? I have 13 kids all together yours, mine, theirs, ours, but only 7 are actally mine, and getting alone time with any of them is very rare. But when I do it's great!! and it could be anything as little as doing the dishes, and having time to talk to each other. Congrats on the size 10. I can't remember when I was last a size 10. I think it was when I was 10yrs lol. and I still can't find my belly button!!!
The abbreviations idea sounds good, I will try that.

Meanwhile I am looking around for different recipies, to spice up my diet and make it more interesting. Summer is almost here, and salad veges are getting cheaper. Time to start this weight going down again.
Have a great day

Lafayette
09-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Mary, it took me a minute to figure out how summer is almost there... got it! Different hemisphere! It's all coming back to me now... ;)

Newlifestyle
09-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Good morning ladies.
Oh Mary, our summer is just ending, it would be so nice to be starting summer again.
have a great day everyoone.
Ann

derrydaughter
09-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Hi guys!
One thing about buses is that they are on a regular schedule and if you miss one, another one comes along.
Good to be back to the bus route for me today after I miss the bus for sure over the weekend.
Lafayette, if you ever want to join in on the Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey Thread (and anyone else for that matter) feel free to pop in.
You and I now weigh within a pound of each other!

Lafayette
09-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Oh, Linda, I wish that were still true... a few appear to have snuck back over the weekend but I am not claiming them until I officially weigh in later this week. Damage control time!

I just tried on the three brand new 12-14 suits I cought for work right before my surgery and they are falling off me. Unfortunately, I had a period where I flat out refused to buy suits in chubby protest so the next work wardrobe I own is a size 8. The pants are still too snug to button and way too tight through the thighs but I have high hopes. In the two weeks until I return to work, I have a goal to accomplish! I really don't want to buy size 10's!!!

derrydaughter
09-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Lafayette, I doubt your weight will be stable for a period of time due to the fact that you did have major surgery. I know you don't want to go out and buy clothes, though, but you do need to have a few things to make it through in between. I'm wondering if you might find a wrap dress or two that could be wrapped tighter if you lose a bit more or looser if your weight goes back up a bit while you are adjusting to all of this?
Just a thought.

sweetnsassyfied
09-18-2007, 04:07 AM
Lafayette have you thought of a seamstress or tailor and having your brand new suits altered? Thats what I plan on having done to a few of my quality pieces that I shrunk out of. ;)

Check your local paper under services or jobs wanted. You could also pose the question at your next meeting or place a bullentin at your church or supermarket. I am sure you will be able to find someone with a knack and the time to take things in.

If I had a machine this would be a homebased business I would be all over!! :)

Lafayette
09-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the advice- I'm hoping I can still exchange some of things since I haven't even worn them. Being 5'4", everything needed to be shortened- sleeves, hems, etc.- and I was feeling so lousy I never got to it. If nothing else, I can always find a friend or family member that could use a few new blouses and suits.

I went "shopping" in my closet and discovered a few items that can help tide me over. My black size 8 suit could work in a pinch but only because the color almost hides how snug the pants are. I'm SOOO close! If I get down to an 8, I have five gorgeous suits to wear... motivation!!! I can return to work not only feeling better but looking better as well!

Lafayette
09-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Yippee! Yesterday, the doctor gave me the go-ahead to drive, exercise, lift more than 5 pounds... no restrictions! 135, here I come! What a relief!!!

I'm still waiting until 9/28 to return to work. I have to get myself into some kind of routine that doesn't include naps twice a day or I'll get canned for snoozing at my desk. Plus, I'm still a little exhausted and I'd rather go back to the rat race ready to work!

Newlifestyle
09-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Way to go Lafayette. It is awesome the doctor gave you clearance for those things. You are getting your freedom back. You only have 17 left to lose. Way to go. Good luck going back to work. Keep having you naps until you go back to work. Have a great day.
I do hope everyone else is doign well.
Ann

derrydaughter
09-21-2007, 06:17 AM
Lafayette, I hope you can return the clothing that you've not worn.
Also, I'm glad you got the go-ahead from the doctor!
Additionally, I'm wondering if you might consider going back a few half days at first?
I hope the last few pounds come off easily for you!

Lafayette
09-21-2007, 09:32 AM
My boss and I discussed half days yesterday. There will clearly be room for making that choice when I start back at work, even though I hope to work full days right from the start. I'm also starting back on a Thursday so I'll have just two days and then the weekend to recover.

It's hard to transition from "taking it easy" to "resuming normal activity!" I hope to use this time before I go back to step up my activity gradually. I've been feeling much better but I certainly won't be running a marathon today.

MaryL
09-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Well, I am still here, after fixing the bus I seemed to have forgotten to get on it myself.Good to see everyone one is doing so well. And I have just seen that I am the biggest one in here. :o I have put the diet on hold for the next 2 weeks as I am off to Sydney tomorrow, and I can not promise that I will behave myself. But I am sure Bondi has got gyms and nice walks I can do while I am there, I am also traveling with a son who is a bit of a health nut. So he will keep an eye on me. Not thinking I will lose but hope to stay at least steady.
Be good
Mary

derrydaughter
09-25-2007, 05:21 AM
Lafayette, I'm so glad you are getting better and about ready to return to "normal" (whatever that is!) activity. It's really hard getting back into the swing of things, but I'm sure a few weeks from now you will be really back.
MaryL, have a wonderful trip and do lots of walking!
As for me, I have one of those weekends coming up with family. We are heading up to our cabin and will be going to Wolfeboro NH to see an antique and classic boat and car show. I hope for a beautiful fall New England Day and great fun. We will be entertaining my in-laws and there will be food and alcohol. I've got to develop an action plan!

Lafayette
09-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Have a wonderful trip, Mary!

Linda, I am really looking forward to fall, as much as I hate winter. Have a wonderful weekend!

derrydaughter
09-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Hey there! How are you feeling? Hope all is well.
Work tomorrow?

Lafayette
09-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Yup! Tomorrow's the big day! I have to run my fiance to the airport, pick up my dry cleaning, get home for a shower and then... to the office! I'm in such a good mood, I was even smiling after a trip to get my drivers license renewed. It's not so much about going back to work as it is about being able to go back to work. How wonderful not to feel like I've been hit by a bus (WW bus not included!)!

How was you weekend away, Linda?

How was Sydney, Mary?

Newlifestyle
09-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Lafayette,
Good luck tomorrow. It sounds like you are doing well. Have a wonderful day and a good night sleep.
Take Care
Ann

derrydaughter
09-27-2007, 05:41 AM
Just take it easy, Lafayette, if you start to feel totally wiped out, go home no matter what. My weekend away starts tomorrow morning, so not yet time for a report. I hope to do lots of walking and be careful ordering in TWO restaurants, both favorites.
We'll just see what goes.
Ann, what challenges do you have this week?

Newlifestyle
09-27-2007, 07:12 AM
Good morning all,
Linda great suggestion for Lafayette. I do hope your weekend is awesome.
Funny you should ask what challenges I have for this week. I hurt my foot so I probably won't be able to run for the rest of the week. I find that difficult because even though I don't want to run, I feel so much better after I do run.
Mary, I do hope you are having fun in Sydney. Remember to drink all your water and walk and see the sights. Have a great time.
Lafayette, have a wonderful first day back.
good morning Sassy.
Where are you Elan?
Take Care
Ann

sweetnsassyfied
09-29-2007, 04:26 AM
You know what I adore about you Ladies and this thread? Your fortitude and positive attitudes! :)

Each and everyone of us has had our trials and tribulations. We arent so special that life doesnt throw us a curve. But what makes us unique is the way we handle them. Facing them and moving on. There bumps in our journey's not blocks. They may give us moments to pause but arent used as excuses to quit.

I just wanted to take a minute and tell you all how very proud I am of you! Your a constant source of support and thinspiration. Thank you for being you. :hug:

Lafayette, I hope your first day back went well and that you didnt tucker/tax yourself to much.

Ann, I am sorry about your foot. How long will it take you to heal? 4 to 6 weeks? You know we have a pretty big group of runner's here. Perhaps they have a few ideas, tips, or tricks to help keep your strength and momentum up while you heal.

Linda, your a rock! Enjoy your weekend, in-laws, and eateries!

Mary, I hope your having a blast with your baby boy with in Sydney! The times we get to spend with our sons is so special!! I am planning a little Mommie son date day for me and mine today. Not sure what we will do but whatever it is it will be wonderful because we are doing it together. :)

Elan our lil flirt in a skirt. Do tell, I'm living vicariously thru you baby girls!! :lol:

As for me, I am looking to move soon. Which means lots of double shifts to come up with that one lump sum. Lots of down sides, mainly less time with the children. Whom I miss terribly. Hence the Mommie/son date day this weekend, followed by Mommie daughter dates in the near future.

On the up side though, I am moving more and for longer periods. ( I am a waitress at Max & Erma's ) Which has helped me shed another 2 pounds!! :D Putting me into my next set of Ten.. the 150's! Not comfortably mind you. (Yet ;) ) I really want to own this new ten-banger! I am getting so close. I can see the forest thru the tree's! Maintainance land isnt that far off for me! WOOT!

Where I struggle is when I see "new" pounds to pursue, I think cool... Its chinese tonight! Believe me, I know what to do and how to get through them. But dang it! Darn old demons, Be Gone! :rofl:

I truely hope no matter where you are on your journey, that having a good time! Take care ladies.

Lafayette
09-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Sassy! You're alive! Welcome to the 150's- may you not languish in them as I have!!! Great to hear from you, and newlifestyle, too! I wish you luck with your foot- that stinks but you'll get better and back to running soon, I just know it!

My first day back was rough but I made it. I was clearly ready for a nap by 10 am (then again, they switched to decaf without telling me) and I crashed the minute I got in the door that night. Yesterday was much better but still sore. At least, I know I'll get there! Everyone was truly happy to see me and I was so happy to be able to get back. I'm sure glad I have the weekend to recover, though!

Plus, I got to go "shopping" in my closet... exciting stuff! I fit in my size 10's and I have high hopes for hitting the size 8's before the end of the month. It's so much easier to keep my snacking in check when I'm at work!

I'm out the door to enjoy a nice walk on what is shaping up to be a beautiful day! Enjoy!!!

MaryL
10-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Hi, people, I am back, nice to see most of us are still around. Just a quick note.I am taking a few days to get over my trip. Saw everything that I possiblely could in the days I was away, and walked everywhere, have not weighed myself since I got back. But I know I have put on some, I can feel it.:( I ate so much that I got sick of eating!!!! and was gald to go hungry for the first day I was home.:o Right now I am off to the store to refill my cupboads and stuff, the boys I left at home have eaten everything that didn't take more than 10 mins to cook lol.
While I am out I will pop into the gym and weigh. but be warned it does not look promising.
Mary

derrydaughter
10-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi everyone!
Good to see posts from everyone. Ann, so sorry about your foot. I miss you on the other thread - what's up?
Lafayette, I'm glad you are back to work. Are they being NICE to you? I had thought that there was undue pressure from people to come back too early. I'm glad you got to go shopping in your closet.
Sassie, so glad you are in the 150s, welcome! You are an inspiration as well. I've know you on line for at least two or three years now and you just keep on keepin on, as they say! You are doing it!
Mary, well, vacation is over and time to behave, right? I have to do that as well.
We are heading up to our cabin on the lake this weekend and that is IT for the season. I'm both sad and glad... glad that all the vacationing is over with for a little while so I can maybe settle down to eating better. I'm sad, though, as it's the end of yet another season at the lake. I love it so much there.
I've been trying really hard to eat well this week, but yesterday things didn't go so well and I ended up using 6 flex points. Not that great. But, today I did better. I drank lots of water this afternoon.

Lafayette
10-06-2007, 09:12 AM
My return to work was triumphant- and I've been pretty sore. This is a busy time (when isn't it?) and I have had tons to do. I had some pretty bad swelling but a trip to the doc hopefully added a prescription that will help with that- I'm still waiting to see if it works. There was definitely pressure to return but I work in a small office and my co-workers and I already have overly full plates without having to take on the duties of another person so it's understandable.

Mary, I know how it is when the cupboards are bare! I tend to do the same thing to my own kitchen... I divide it out by what I consider food (instant gratification) and what I consider ingredients (everything that requires preparation). You can guess what goes first!

Good luck to everyone!!! Ann, how's your foot? Linda, how is your relationship with your daughter? Sassy, how are the 150's? Elan, can't you type from bed ;) ?

After a frank discussion with my doc, I am newly committed to maintaining a healthy diet and daily exercise. I didn't know estrogen helps your body digest carbs and that a deficiency can cause weight gain if you're not careful... I guess french fries and mashed potatoes really have to be a thing of the past!

derrydaughter
10-08-2007, 07:57 AM
Sorry I was absent for a few days, everyone. I went away over the weekend. Time to, as usual, get back on track.
I surely don't have bare cupboards, it's exactly the opposite. I was going to go back on the CORE plan today, but changed my mind as we closed up our summer cottage yesterday and combined two households of food into one. I'm swamped with food, but it's not all "bad" food, it's just stuff that needs to be eaten and used up. So, I will only shop for fresh veggies and the like and I need to be frugal and use up what I have. So, CORE may have to wait a week or two. But, that is no excuse to not behave myself.
I'm glad things went well with your return to work, Lafayette. Ann? How is your foot? I'm worrying about you.
Lafayette, will you be taking HRT meds now? They should help out a great deal.
Any ideas for boosting a sluggish metabolism? I feel so lethargic. I had promised myself I would go to the gym today and now I am so bummed and it's the last thing I want to do. But, I shall try to force myself. No one is going to help me succeed on this journey other than myself. I have to make this happen.

Lafayette
10-11-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm on HRT but the endometriosis thrives on estrogen so I'm on a low dose with a balance of testosterone and progesterone. I've been really tired and experiencing menopause symptoms... hot flashes, anyone? I'll be calling the doctor today for a little extra oomph!

I actually finally overdid it and I'm spending today at home. No big deal. I'm sure I'll be back in the saddle tomorrow. I just couldn't make it out the door this morning, despite the fact that I got up, showered, did my hair and make-up and put on the suit and heels. My very pathetic bedtime is somewhere between 8 and 9 pm.

I know exhaustion can be hormonal but I would suggest a few lazy days with no guilt. A good nap can cure a lot, I've found!

Newlifestyle
10-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi ladies,

Lafayette, I do hope you get some rest and feel better. Enjoy your nap.
Take care of yourself.
Hello everyone else, I do hope all is well with the rest of you.
Ann

derrydaughter
10-12-2007, 05:53 AM
Ann, so good to have you back again.
Lafayette, look up natural remedies of hot flashes on line and check in with your doctor to see if you can take some herbal supplements. I was getting between 30 and 40 hot flashes a night for a period of time, it was like a horrible non-ending roller coaster ride. I began a regime and took Evening Primrose Oil (an essential oil anyway), Flax Oil, Black Cohosh, Soy, Ginseng and a few other things that I can't recall this very second. I find those quite helpful and that I am on an even keel with it all nowadays. I may have naturally gotten through those times of my life and it could be coincidental that I am no longer getting hot flashes, but I am clinging to these natural supplements. I was able to wean myself off all HRT meds and only take these all natural substances. However, I have not had a hysterectomy and you are probably going to have to take certain medications all your life, unlike my circumstances.
Well, today is another day of fun in my weight loss journey. I have vowed to get back to the gym today, no excuses. I'm already groaning and feeling unhappy about it, but I've just got to make myself. Maybe I'll be better once I get back in the habit. But, if this lack of interest in it continues, I'm truly going to have to find a better way to get some exercise.
What is it, my friends, that keeps you all so motivated? It's a bone chilling rainy fall day and the last thing I feel like doing is donning exercise clothing and heading out the door. I'm just bummed. But, I will still make myself.

Newlifestyle
10-13-2007, 07:00 AM
Good morning all. I do hope everyone is doing well.
Linda I don't think it is motivation for me as much as it is a habit. I personally am not motivated to exercise. It is just a choice I make each day. I cou'ld think of tons of reasons why I shouldn't exercise, but if I just go and do it and get it over with I feel much better once I am done.

Where is everyone?
Have a wonderful day.
Ann

derrydaughter
10-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Ann, I guess I need to develop a habit, then. However, it's very hard when your habit is NOT to exercise.
Linda

Lafayette
10-19-2007, 05:32 PM
I've been struggling with exercise these days, too. It's just so cold and damp! I'm getting creative. Tonight, we're going to the art museum to get our walking in- OK, more like a casual stroll, but that's better than sitting on the couch and think how much smarter we'll be when we're all done, too!

I'm feeling better- I couldn't find you guys after they moved the WW stuff! I've been steadily chipping away at building up my endurance. I'm appartently adjusting to a medication and any exhaustion it causes should start to taper off soon. I forgot to take it yesterday and really didn't feel any more energetic but, man, did I get HUGE! My tummy had just about swollen out of my pants by the end of the work day! I was holding steady at 148 all week and very excited (I haven't been below 150 in a long time!) but my little mishap yesterday bounced me back to 150-151. Expletives WERE heard... probably by the neighbors, too :)

healthygoals
10-19-2007, 07:59 PM
I just go everyday and I sometimes don't want to go, but I never say after I am done that I wish I hadn't worked out. I always feel so much more energized then when I walked in the door and everyone is so great and encouraging and they look like me.

derrydaughter
10-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Pam, I feel that way as well when I've been to the gym.
Lafayette, your weight is bound to flux back and fourth a bit. Do not worry.
I just want you to be OK for now!
As for me, had a very "bad" day on Thursday. It was like an alcoholic going "off the wagon". I had a taste of sugar and binged out of control for the entire day. I was a bit better yesterday, but really have to watch it the rest of this week. I have the rest of today and tomorrow on this tracker and only have 3 flex points left. At least I journalled everything that I binged on, but I'm in bad shape.
Yesterday I did go to the gym and it felt good.
I'm really beginning to worry about this drug resistant strep that they are warning people about as I do go to a gym. They have paper towels and antibacterial cleaners for people to use after using the equipment and I may start using the stuff BEFORE I get on as well to protect myself. I have observed some people half heartedly using the cleaning products provided.
I might even invest in some antibacterial wipes of my own to bring with me and not go to the gym if I have an cuts on my fingers, like paper cuts or something like that.
What are you all thinking about this?

Lafayette
11-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Sorry it's been so long! I've been busy doing wedding stuff, which has taken over my life as the deadline rapidly approaches.

I've been doing great on my weight loss, though. I hopped on the scale yesterday (after a hiatus) and almost fell off it... 146!!! My God, it's been YEARS since I was below 150! My tummy is still an issue or else I would be in a size 8. Size 6 is my goal... I have to get there soon so I can order the "wow" wedding dress ;)

derrydaughter
11-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Lafayette, you are doing so well!
Just one piece of advice, don't just make your weight loss efforts be all about the wedding and the dress, make them something you can do for the rest of your life!!!

Lafayette
11-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Having a goal date and a goal dress helps me stick to my new (and not optional) lifestyle with a smile! Otherwise, I think I might feel life was a wee tad bit unfair because I can never have alcohol, sweets or french fries ever again. ;) I'm on the strict low salt, low fat, low sugar, low caffeine, low calorie... low morale... diet per doctor's orders.

Jane
12-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Bump

derrydaughter
12-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the bump, Jane.
I hope all is well with everyone.
I'm hoping to plan well over the next few weeks. I announced at my WW meeting, today, that my crock pot is now my best friend for this upcoming busy time period.
What other things are we all doing to help us stay on track through New Year's?
Linda

Jane
12-05-2007, 06:54 PM
YW, Linda. Gotta say, my crock pot is my best friend all year long, lol. The older I get, the less I like to cook, and my hubby is a meat and tater kind of guy. One of my favorites is chicken breast drizzled in ff Italian dressing. Mmmmmm.

Anyway, hope you gals like your new home here in clubs. If you want to do bios on yourselves as your member numbers grow, let me know and I'll sticky your bio thread. :)

derrydaughter
12-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Not sure I even understand bios and all that kind of stuff. I guess I should do some reading on the 3FC web site to see what that is all about.
Thanks,
Linda

Jane
12-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Some groups, such as the WW Core and Slimmin' Sistas, etc. have a thread with biographies/profiles of their members. These threads are "stickied" for easy access. You may want this option, too, especially as your group grows. Are you guys keeping the group name you have now? I know there was some talk on the other thread of maybe changing it. How about the Babes on the Bus, lol? I can re-name this thread if your group wants, but it's fine the way it is now, too. :)

Lafayette
12-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Hey! I thought I lost you but it turns out I was the one who was lost... big surprise there!

I'm successfully avoiding Christmas cookies and holiday "cheer" through sheer will power... I have no idea how I'm doing it other than I want to be thin more than I want a snack, I guess.

How's everyone else?

derrydaughter
12-12-2007, 05:39 AM
I think it's fine with what we have for a "name".
Lafayette, it's good that you've been avoiding the usual holiday snacks and stuff. I know how hard it is. My house, so far, has avoided having lots of extra foods on hand. It's a strange year as hardly anyone is home much anymore. I will make my husband his annual fudge and a few cookies, though. It wouldn't be Christmas without that and a few other things.
But, I am hoping to find some other things that are festive and are not high in points.
I went to my WW meeting yesterday and lost .4, so at least I am still on a losing trend this week. I'm hoping to have another loss or two before Christmas week as I certainly won't have much control as so many other people are playing a factor in it all.
Take care!

Lafayette
12-12-2007, 07:29 PM
My sister just sent me the revised calorie counts for the holidays. You know, when eating with others, you only count the only calories you've consumed above and beyond what everyone else had eaten, etc. I chuckled but I'm still staying motivated. I keep telling myself I hate sweets! I'll let you know if it works... ;)

Lafayette
12-16-2007, 10:29 AM
So far, the "I hate sweets" mantra is working but the "Oooh, cheesesteak!" realization is causing some issues... darn mall food courts!!!

derrydaughter
12-17-2007, 04:37 AM
Hi there!
Well, yesterday could have been really bad, but I was so busy that I guess I didn't have time to be tempted? I did give in and have some pistachio nuts, but not an entire bag as I would have had in the past. It was more like three handfuls?
All the holiday foods are coming out full force at this house and it is hard to stay focused. I'm glad I'll be going to my WW meeting tomorrow, as I need it.

Lafayette
12-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Sorry I've been gone so long! With some of the holiday snack choices I've been making lately, I've gained two pounds but I've gone up TWO PANTS SIZES! I'm being a good girl now!

Merry Christmas!

derrydaughter
12-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Lafayette, I've been a bad girl as well. Tonight ends it all and then I must really get my act in gear. My jeans are feeling tights.
Lucky thing we are not big on New Years parties. We are having a family celebration at my in-laws on Thursday, though.
Merry Christmas, though, food and all!

Lafayette
01-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Sorry about the extended absence. The wedding stuff really is getting out of hand!

I lost the Christmas pounds I gained and I'm back in size 10 pants although my tummy is still a little swollen at the end of each day.

I tried on my dream wedding dress and I fit in a SIZE 8! I'll need to have it shortened and add a little room in the chest, but A SIZE 8! I wanted to wear a size 6, but I'll get over it ;)

How's everyone else?

derrydaughter
01-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Lafayette, wow! Size 8 is awesome, I would enjoy every moment in it!
I hope all goes well.
I wondered what happened to you when this thread got moved to the "clubs" section, we kind of lost continuity.
No one else finds it anymore since it was moved, either.
Linda

Lafayette
01-12-2008, 08:42 AM
We'll have to hunt them down! ;)