Old 09-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #1  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Sometimes, does this seem ridiculously easy?

So I woke up this morning, down another .6 pounds. Eh, just another day. I felt completely apathetic....Like I expeced it to go down. I am so used to seeing the scale move now I don't even get excited. I feel like I am not even trying to lose weight, but it is coming off. I just had this realization this morning that I have been doing this for close to 6 months, and I have lost almost 40 lbs. The time has been flying! I don't know why I haven't succeeded at this weightloss thing before. It's not that hard. I am not starving. I am not working myself to death...I am just making better choices *most days LOL*.
Now I do have those days when I wake up and feel like this is the hardest thing I've ever done, but those are becoming few and far between. I guess the routine of eating better is finally engrained as an actual habit!
I don't even know if this makes sense to anyone....But there you go LOL.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #2  

I have those days. Things seem easy, just another day, no biggie. Weight loss has become part of the routine. But other days it feels like an inescapable nightmare I wish would just go away. Why do I torture myself? (because I want to be healthy) Those days happen less and less as time goes by.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:23 PM   #3  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

i have those 'easy' days too! it seems like as time goes on, i don't actually WANT that chocolate bar, i'd prefer not to have it. I don't WANT to eat at McDonalds... the thought makes me feel sick. I guess it's our body's way of telling us we're getting healthier and it wants it to STAY that way!

There are however days where i feel like i want to give up, eat everything etc, but there's usually a reason for that, i.e i skipped breakfast or a meal the day before. But it's these choices that reflect the number on the scale.

Keep up the good work girls
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:37 PM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

yah i'm SO not there yet LOL

easy??? not so much

do-able???? absolutely
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

When I get into a routine, it's pretty easy. When I get out of my routine, it can be really hard.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #6  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Some days it does seem ridiculously easy, then BAM!!!, something happens and it's hard again. This week has been "hard" again. I'm not really even sure what the BAM was. Today I'm trying my best to get back on track 100%. I was reading a blog earlier from some chick who had lost 100+ lbs, was 30 lbs to her goal and she quit blogging for a while. The next entry she had gained it all back (and some friends to boot). She wrote that life just happened and before she knew it, she was back to where she started. I DON'T want that to be me.... Here's to it getting easy again.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:57 PM   #7  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Wow! I am glad it seems "too easy" to someone! Its not too easy for me at all. Necessary and good, yes. Easy? No. If it were easy, I'd have never gotten fat to begin with!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I know exactly what you mean.

I think it's kind of simple/easy to lose weight - create a deficit, burn more calories then you use so your body needs to burn the stored fat. The HARD part is doing what's NECESSSARY to create a deficit - the combination of eating less and moving more.

I've mentioned this before, I am rarely hungry, I no longer crave the "bad" stuff. But, and it's a big one, there ARE days when I crave, though am not hungry, an excess amount of the "good" stuff. Those days are a struggle to stay on plan. And then of course there are days when I'm rearin' to go on the exercise front - and other days, I literally have to force myself into it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #9  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I wouldn't call it easy, but you know what it's been a lot easier then it has in the past because of the food choices I make on a regular basis. I think I'm not as excited anymore when I see the smaller losses "Oh, only a pound this week?" but I need to get used to it because as I lose the losses will be smaller.

I think the more we set yourselves up for success and the longer we go the easier it becomes.

-muse
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:46 PM   #10  

I'm not to that point yet.
Its a struggle each and every day still....

Right now I'm used to seeing the scale not move, or move only in the up direction... I'm used to frustration, disappointment, anger, unhappiness, and depression.

Hopefully someday I'll reach the same place you're in. Someday soon...
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:48 PM   #11  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Yes, I had those same thoughts for about a year. Wow, this is easy, why doesn't everyone do this, etc., etc., etc. Now, however, the bomb has dropped! Over the summer the weight loss slowed down to a crawl, and now for the last 3 weeks I've been playing with the same .2 pound! I keep telling myself that it's because I'm so close to goal and the booty just doesn't want to give up those last few pounds, but dang, I'm ready for them to find a new home!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:54 PM   #12  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

The theory - burning more calories than you ingest. That's always been easy. Putting it into practice, not so easy. I need to have a routine that changes very little and if there are changes, I don't always react well. When I've had to make changes - different shift at work, things not going at all to plan - that's when I tend to go massively off plan.

That's why I started this slowly by changing one thing at a time and not making another change till I was secure with what I'd done previously. Possibly I'm slightly obsessive-compulsive, but I'm recognising that now and I've figured out strategies to cope. That's a major difference this time, and hopefully *the* difference.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm sure the more you have to lose the easier it is, and I don't look forward to having a harder time with it as I get closer to goal. All in all, it has seemed surprisingly easy to me too. I'm not one who has tried to lose before and yo-yo'd up and down. I always said I was just meant to be big and I could never lose the weight because that would require a DIET and there was no way I could ever stay on a diet. Once I got the bad carbs and sugars out of my system though, it has been pretty easy to say no to temptation. I've slipped a few times, but even then, I just had a little of whatever - yesterday my neighbor wanted me to try her birthday cake, even cut a slice and put it on a plate. I just had a bite to be polite. I did just go through a week where I was hungrier than usual, and I upped my calories a couple hundred/day just to get through the week, but it was TOM, so I expect that explains it, and I still lost 3 lbs this week. just can't imagine eating the way I used to, I hope it lasts! I keep expecting to wake up one day and be back to where I started.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:08 PM   #14  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtammy View Post
Some days it does seem ridiculously easy, then BAM!!!, something happens and it's hard again. This week has been "hard" again. I'm not really even sure what the BAM was. Today I'm trying my best to get back on track 100%. I was reading a blog earlier from some chick who had lost 100+ lbs, was 30 lbs to her goal and she quit blogging for a while. The next entry she had gained it all back (and some friends to boot). She wrote that life just happened and before she knew it, she was back to where she started. I DON'T want that to be me.... Here's to it getting easy again.
Gosh, that's scary. It happened to me with 70lbs....talk about feeling disgusted with myself. *sigh*
It hasn't gotten easy, but like someone else said, it's doable.

But, Tammy! I remember you from when I was on here before...you are doing WONDERFUL!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Now that I've done it for a while since june its easier to eat healthly I still have my burger and fires just not every day 2 times a day lol. If I do indulge in something I know I have to give something else up and do i really want to give that other something up.

Working out is still hard but I find its more cause of my job taking so much out of me both mentally and phyiscally I just have nothing left.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote