WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

View Poll Results: How does your weight loss relate to the points you've eaten?
There's no apparent relation between my points and my weight loss. 1 6.67%
I lose the most when I skimp on my daily and weekly points. 1 6.67%
I lose the most when I eat all my points, plus my APs. 4 26.67%
I lose the most when I eat all my points but not my APs. 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #1  
mathlab

S/C/G: 224/163/145

Height: 5'3"

Default I need you to kick my butt!

I've been on a relative plateau all summer - lost 5 lbs in 3 months. Some of it was due to bad food choices, but I'm convinced that most of it (AND the bad food choices) is due to NOT EATING ALL MY POINTS!!!

According to the Basal Metabolic Rate Calulator (http://health.discovery.com/tools/ca...sal/basal.html), I should be eating a little over 1,400 calories a day (28 points) just to maintain my weight - if I was inactive all day. On WW, I'm supposed to eat 23 pts daily, plus 35 weekly points, which jives with the calculated 28 daily.

However, I've been eating about 20 points a day and NOT using my weekly points. PLUS...I do vigorous exercise 6 days a week, giving me lots of APs.

I think that I've shot myself in the foot metabolically, causing my body to shut down a bit. Plus, my occasional binges are probably my body's way of fighting this deprivation.

So...I need your help in holding me accountable for eating all my points!

Comments, anyone?
bethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:26 PM   #2  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Eat your dang points!!

You wouldn't try to drive across country without putting gas or oil in your car, right?!

Same principle, especially with the activity, you need to feed the machine. But you know that otherwise you wouldn't have posted asking for a butt kicking

I think you need to consider how you're going to work maintenance, you're getting close enough you could start trying to figure out what your plan is when you get to your goal. You have to add points in to maintain.

I think you should at least try getting your 23 and see what happens. Eat regular cheese instead of light or whatever it is you're denying yourself. That's what the binges are telling you, you're denying yourself something and that's not making a lifestyle change, that's just going on a diet. If you go on a diet someday you'll go off the diet. If you change your lifestyle you kicked obesity's butt!

best of luck, I'll eat an extra point for you tomorrow
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:54 AM   #3  
Donna

I had a hard time voting in your poll, because mine varies from week to week. I also find that I loose best when I eat mainly off the core list of foods. Limiting my intake of refined carbs. I find I can't do straight core because I don't eat enough leading to binging, but, if it count points and eat core list foods I do best.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:22 PM   #4  
Core convert

S/C/G: 150/137/125

When I was doing the flex plan, the only thing my leader ALWAYS strongly emphasized was that the points values are scientifically calculated and studied in order to lose weight but still provide your body with the right amount of nutrients.
Like Kelijpa said, if you dont want to push yourself to eat larger servings or more often, try substituting regular items for some of the lowfat or fat free to gain some points.
My leader also told me that the people that lose most quickly are those who eat their activity points.
Good luck!
lmills730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:27 PM   #5  
mathlab

Thanks for the (gentle) butt-kicking. This week my goal is to eat all my points. I've been using heartier whole wheat bread (1 point/slice) rather than light bread and and tring to eat more points during the day (not 'hoarding" the points for later, and then not using them). I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:46 PM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

I like those Arnold's natural breads, have you tried them? There's four different ones, I think, they have lots of whole grains and fiber, and taste good. I think they're 1 to 2 pts per slice depending on the flavor.

Bethel, I like your sig. I'm hoping to say goodbye to the 170's soon myself and think it's a great way to look at it!
Old 09-28-2007, 09:20 AM   #7  
mathlab

I'm the OP and wanted to give you an update on my week:

My goal this week was to EAT ALL MY POINTS - I was able to eat all my daily points and most of my weekly points. I lost 2.6 lbs this week!

So, I've learned my lesson - I will be dilligent in giving my body the fuel it needs to burn calries (i'm going to think of it like stoking a campfire in order to raise the heat to cook the food).
Old 10-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #8  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

That's a great way to look at it. Congrats on the weight loss!!