Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Two Questions Sortof

Today I went back on a smart Carb WOE SBD Ph1, to kickstart me back to losing versus the see anything stomach friendly one I had been practicing.
I noticed that I had the Hot sick feeling I get when I need to eat more often sans carbs

so here are my q's
1 do you get that feeling when you need to eat?
2 Do you find smart carb feels better but doesn' keep you as satiated? I have no bloating/extreme gas today (sorry TMI!)
ANyway back to the saltmines!
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:31 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

hmmm. this is interesting. sooo, let's start with another question for you: what EXACTLY are you eating? what's a SMART CARB??? <sorry - i'm SOOO out of the loop on sooo many topics!>

for MOI, i find that a little brown rice is a wonderful thing - but i'm not sure what's going on with you here. maybe you actually need MORE PROTEIN? or maybe you're getting a wee bit too much fat? or maybe you need a different proportion of carbs/protein??? let's TAWK!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:52 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Yesterday I started Ph1 of Southbeach diet b/c before hand I was eating whatever was points frinedly on WW I don't think I was getting enough protien overall. . .and I do think I had too much fat yesteday
Monday night I had bulgur pilaf with spinach and walnuts about a half cup total along with London Broil
Here's what I ate:
Yesterday
B
2 slices 97% FF ham and 1 slice 2 % cheese 15 grams protien total
Snack
1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese and celery 11 grams protien
Lunch
Romaine with 3-4 oz London broil) not a clue as to the protien I have to log back into fitday

Snack 1/4 cup walnuts 5 grams

In the afternoon my stomch started feeling off so I'm thinking the walnuts and london broil colluded to make me feel a bit off

Later on I had a SF jello pudding cup and 2 more slices 97% ff luncheon meat and 1 of 2 % cheese

Today is more simple stuff
Breakfast
1 string cheese 7
2 hb eggs 14
(eaten about an hour apart)

Snacks (i havent had any yet this is just what I brought to see what my stomach could handle)
2 slices 97% FF ham and celery 10
1/2 cup Garbanzos 7
1 cup plain romaine
2 eggs 14
1/2 cup cottage cheese 11

Dinner will probably be a veggie burger then out for coffee (or indeed Chammomile) with the girls
I did find when I wasn't focused on "Points" I was more apt to eat less
and focussing on protien I'm not craving crap
But my stomach is still a fire pit! ARG and I have another meeting in 8 minutes
Old 09-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

i'm surprised you can eat celery!!!! that's really tough for me. and maybe your tummy isn't quite ready for the nuts yet...
Old 09-13-2007, 09:23 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I think it was the nuts and the beef.
That being said I toasted nuts for a warm salad last night and no problem! Probably softer so easier to chew!
Having the leftovers for lunch so that will be the proof in the pudding!
Sugar Free Pudding!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #6  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Kier, Just a note from me. I'm 18 months out, and still have problems with beef that isn't ground. The other thing I really have to watch is the amount of sodium I have (ham & cheese are 2 things I need to limit) because I have fluid retention if I have too much.
Loodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:53 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I noticed that without eating bread crackers etc. . .my bloating is really gone or at least less. I have a feeling Leftover beef and I won't be friends again and that's cool as Honestly I could probably be a vegetarian at this point (Not Vegan I'll hurt anyone who tries to separate me from eggs and cheese)
I'm still going to mention the pains i was having to the doc even tho I havent really had them without the carb factor
Old 09-13-2007, 11:37 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

The Update!
I just had Straight Almond Milk unsweetened. (btw not worth it) I think nuts and nut products are just not something I can have by themselves. I'm totally nauseous!
I'm sure the beef didn't help either.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:07 PM   #9  
Old Cackler

READ THE LABELS, KIER!!! i think almond milk has lots of carbs - be careful!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 02:46 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

yeah i noticed it when after 3 days of not craving anything I became the cookie monster revisited therefore it's in the GARBAGE. A bunch of soy crisps later I'm planning on my 3-3:30 lunch
i eat at 8 ish 11 ish and 3 ish usually have a snack around 5-6 so I don't go wacko making dinner