Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Red face PLEASE Critique ME!!

Im trying to limit my frozen meals and eat more better. This is what
Ive had today and plan on havin for the rest of the day please let me know what you think.

b-2 Kashi Waffles 160c.
1/4 cup Cari Sauce 30c.
1 cup O.J 50c

S-Rice Cake 45c

L-Clam Chowder 98% Fat Free 220c.
1 Whole Wheat Hot dog Bun 100c.
1 98% Fat Free Hot Dog 40c.
Sareukat (sp?) 10c.

So far thats ALOT of food for only 605c. I feel like Im eating alot but then I add up all the calories and its not alot, Its that a bad thing?

For dinner
Healthy Choice Steemers 250c.
2 serving of Garden Veggies 100c.

Now this only comes up to about 955c. I need about 1400. What should I add in or take out?? I have some Luna Bars those are about 180c. I also have some frozen strawberrys and pinnapple's. If any one knows any easy smoothie recipes. Please Share!!
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

There's a lot of sodium in there (hot dog, chowder) so make sure you get enough water. I would have skipped the hot dog and had veggies had it been me. I don't know what Cari sauce is, but I would add a protein to breakfast and perhaps had an orange over the OJ.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #3  

Hi! Well I don't know the calories exactly but I love to make smoothies with frozen fruit. Blueberries are my fave because they are just so healthy, antioxy and all that! But strawberries and pineapples are yummy too.

Just put a cup of frozen fruit and a cup of NF milk in the blender with a little vanilla extract and sweetener to taste. I use the one packet of stevia powder -- which is a natural non-caloric sweetener. These are so good! Put it in a big wine glass with a little umbrella in it, LOL, kinda like a five minute island getaway!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #4  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

I'd add more veggies or salad as well as or instead of the sauerkraut at lunch, plus some protein with that rice cake. A little peanut or almond butter would work, or some nuts. Actually I'd replace the rice cake with something made from whole grains too - like a crispbread. You seem VERY low in fat - unless there's some in the healthy choice steamers (I have no idea what they are) so make sure you're getting some healthy fats in there. Not too much, but they'll add some calories.

For smoothies - especially with the strawberries, I'd use 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup yoghurt and 1/2 cup milk or soy milk. If you need to add sweetness, add a small amount of honey, or artificial sweetener if you like it. For more healthy fat, add a tsp of flax meal, for more protein, add some unflavoured (and unsweetened) protein powder. When I make smoothies I use all of the above (except I don't sweeten them). If you want more fibre add some oatmeal to the smoothie. Strawberries will make a really thick smoothie very easily!

Just some ideas.

Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:44 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi Stacie.

I think you may be underestimating your calories a bit. For instance, 1 cup of orange juice, according to Fitday.com is 113 calories, not 50.

Anyway, I don't know what cari sauce is either. But how bout adding a 2 egg white omlette? 34 calories, lots of protein.

I would switch that rice cake for a fat free/sugar free yogurt. For 60 calories you're getting protein and waaay more nutrients, less carbs. Or if you must have the rice cake, have it WITH a protein - either a yogurt, or a hard boiled egg.

Your lunch is quite loaded with sodium and empty calories. How about a large salad with either tuna or chicken breast? Or a veggie burger with a salad?

How about a snack between lunch and dinner? Fat free cottage cheese, a yogurt, a low fat string cheese or a small fruit with a few almonds or pistachio nuts? Or even a small 3 oz. can of tuna with some red pepper and cucumber slices?

For dinner I like to eat chicken breast or fish and some sort of veggies.

You can have a small snack after dinner as well. Some fruit perhaps - like berries. Or some baby carrots, grape tomatoes, sliced cucumbers and some hummus.

Experiment. Find foods that you really like and that will keep you full the longest and aid in your weight loss, as well as provide you with proper nutrition - think fiber and protein.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 09-11-2007 at 03:46 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #6  

The OJ I got is light, its half the calories of a regular glass of Regular. Cari Sauce is pancake sauce that is very low in calories I discovered it from the HungryGirl site.
I get so conused picking out yogurt. I dont know which ones to get. I usually just get yoplait ones. But Im thinking theres a better option. Today I didnt go to work because I wasnt feeling to good. But I usually just have a lean cuisine. Im thinking it will probaly be a better idea to make chicken breasts the night before and take it to work. Also the package with the rice cakes so its made of whole grains, so probaly just add a boiled egg with that, and that can be a snack at work.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #7  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Protein, protein, protein! Robin had some great ideas! I think I would shoot for some sort of Protein/good fat with every meal. It keeps you full longer!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #8  

What do yall think of Luna Bars??
Old 09-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #9  
I restore Teeth.

I think you're on to a relatively good start, but add more nutrient dense foods...
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Yogurt~I started out eating Yoplait (the 100 calorie fat free ones) but they contain HCFS as well as aspartame (fake sugar). I finally decided to try fat free Greek yogurt (just plain) and I like it a lot, although it can take some getting used to. My favorite way to eat it is with a ripe banana, cut up and frozen and then allowed to that for a couple hours in the fridge--mix it in the yogurt. Yummy!

I don't have any pro or con with Luna bars or any other bars. I used to eat protein bars quite regularly but found that they cause me to crave carbs so I don't eat them any more. DH still has one each morning for his breakfast (cuz I can't get him to eat anything else--at least with these he is eating something!).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Height: 5'6"

I wonder if we should have a "critique me" section on the boards. It would be cool if those of us who want a fresh set of eyes to go over our daily routines could have a set place to do it. Thoughts?
harrypotterybarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:45 PM   #12  

I actually think thats a really good idea!!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:22 PM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Stacie, I eat the Danon Light and Fit yogurt. Sugar and Fat free. They're 60 calories and they are delicious. I add a 1/4 cup of Fiber One cereal to it. Gives it more crunch, more fiber and nutrients and is more filling and at 30 calories, it can't be beat. I eat them semi-frozen. That's less then 100 calories of very filling, nutritious, YUMMY stuff.

I don't know about Luna bars. I know for me, those bar type things just don't work. I don't find them filling - at all. So for me, they're just not worth the calories. But it's definitely an individual thing.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #14  

I love Luna bars! My teenage daughters practically live on them -- only 180 calories and lots of nutrition in them. I get them by the case at Smart & Final - they're only about a buck each that way.

I keep those and water in the back of my car for snack attacks during after school activities and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciec878 View Post
What do yall think of Luna Bars??
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:42 PM   #15  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Stacie, I eat the Danon Light and Fit yogurt. Sugar and Fat free. They're 60 calories and they are delicious. I add a 1/4 cup of Fiber One cereal to it.
WOW. ANother person who adds fcereal to their yogurt. I love adding Kelloggs smart start to mine even though there's not much fiber in it...
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote