LA Weight Loss - Sept 10-16 Losers and Friends

View Full Version : Sept 10-16 Losers and Friends

Repo girl
09-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Morning every one! Lets have an amazing week!!!

MomOfThreeTeens
09-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Good Mionday morning everybody!!!

WI Thursday was fantastic, shows what happens when I stick to the plan! LOL I was down 1.5 pounds below the lowest weight I've been. Of course then I followed that with the worst weekend food wise that I've probably had since I started LAWL almost a year ago! LOL Our anniversary was Wednesday, Thursday we went to Red Lobster and had all you can eat shrimp. Thats the first time since I started the plan that I ate so much my tummy hurt! I wont do that again anytime soon!

Kristen-Glad you had such a nice birthday!

Liza-Mini-me sounds like she had a great birthday, what a wonderful mom you are!

Soooo back to it today!!! Good luck everybody, have an absolutely amazing week!

MomOfThreeTeens
09-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Ok, where is everybody? Its WAY too quiet on here this morning. When I went to WI Thursday my favorite counselor told me that people have gone crazy about the Controltrim. She said a couple stopped a client outside the door before she went in and offered her a hundred dollars if she would get them a bottle of the stuff! Isnt that crazy? She said when you take some you have to sign your name and they date it and you can only get a new bottle every 30 days. I hope it lives up to all this hype!

Repo girl
09-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Kim- How much is the Controltrim?

MomOfThreeTeens
09-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Katie- I have no idea, I didnt ask since I didnt plan on buying it.

KrispieD
09-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Kim good to see you.. I posted on last week's thread so I'll paste it below.. a Monday foggy morning moment. DH and I just went for a long walk and ended at Starbucks for a nonfat pumpkin latte... coffee is a good motivator if you have to walk for it!

Money diet is a good one Amy.. it has been hard on the wallet.. I'm by no means a vanity shopper.. in fact I dreaded buying clothes before so actually seeing things I like and purchasing them can be a dangerous trap.. but I was facing cool weather without a stitch of clothing that fit.. now if I were Nicole I could wake up and make myself an instant pair of pants but alas I rely on retail. I'm also cutting myself off the stores as between the girls and myself the pocketbook has taken a big hit !!
We made our first weekend POP in a while.. in the midst of a testy 4 year old so we are proud of ourselves.. another week ahead of it.
talk to you all soon and have a great Monday!!

Mama Nicole
09-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Good morning everyone :) I have a cold today.....and I am so not used to being sick. It's just no good. DH left for Chicago this a.m. The timing is awful. I am supposed to go get X-rays today to locate my crown...and I have a cold......and he won't be back until tomorrow night. Oh well....such is life, right?

Wow. talk about a whiner...I get here and start crying.....LOL.

Liza......loved the pictures......can't wait to see the Mexico ones.

Kim....congrats on your best WI ever. That is so cool. WTG!!!

Joni........I am with you on the no shopping challenge..I have been for the last week or so, trying to save up a few extra $$$ for Germany. I actually handed my checkbooks (yeah, I have two.......naughty me) over to DH on Saturday and asked him to please not give them back to me. I still write a lot of checks rather than use a check card. Somehow I keep better track that way......anyway........I got a bit of cash out for milk or whatever I may need........and every other penny I spend will be a joint decision. I have always just spent the $$$ however I felt necessary......but I have been spending wayyy to much. DH never says a word about how I spend our $$$, which is good most of the time......but then again, sometimes I wish he would so I would spend less.....LOL. What a joke.......I'd probably hate him if he said much. Poor guy just can't win. Anyway........moral of the story....I am not going into any stores all week, except today to buy laundry soap...and that's all.

Amy....yeah, I am making a bar wench outfit for Germany. I haven't decided it I should put it on one morning and pretend I am going to wear it, or put it on one evening.........lol. We'll see :)

Kristen........I know exactly what you mean about having to buy clothes. It does get ridiculous.....and girlie, I am so glad you are back here with us......we have missed you :)

Katie.....yeah, let's have an amazing week..........I'm all for it, cuz last week totally sucked!!!

Good morning to everyone else. Have a POP day :)
XOXO

Joni135
09-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Nicole - you simply cannot be sick...my DH has been sickly for the past week. I sent him off to work today, but made him take his Emergen-C. Hope it helps...he whines way worse than you do...LOL!!

So, Day 2 of my "money diet" and my refrigerator is in need of repair. So, although I have to write a check, I don't think that really counts as casual spending...if I don't fix it all that food in there will go to waste....hmmmmmm...that's a thought. Get rid of all the food in the house and maybe I'll reach goal someday!!

Katie - good to see you and Kristen back and posting. Is everything going okay your way or have you just been busy with helping your sister and stuff.
Is it you (and your family) that plays along with the Biggest Loser show? I can't wait for the new season to start for TBL show and Dancing with the Stars...oh, and Desperate Housewives!

Work is busy...gotta run. I PMd Cassi last night since she's been MIA for quite some time. I'll let you know if I hear back from her (or if anyone has heard from her, chime in and let us know she's okay).

LizzyW
09-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Well here is the start to a new week of being POP. I didn't do to badly, but am up a couple of lbs. I haven't been getting in all my water and waiting for my system to flush (TMI I know). I am going to have some tea to see if that will help, it has in the past. I don't have time for personals, have to pee. Here to a great POP day.

Liz

KrispieD
09-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Joni .. does your DH have a man cold??

Repo girl
09-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Joni- I though Cassie was going on a cruise at some point, wasn't she?

Mama Nicole
09-10-2007, 12:33 PM
I got my golden ticket!!! WHOOOHOOOOO!!!! It is good to be Queen! LOL

BarbaraB
09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Goog morning all!

I finally went into the COD! They were very nice and gracious. I was 3 pounds over goal, so that is still "in the acceptable range". Still I didn't mention that I had just done TO, since I know that they know that I hadn't bought any juice lately... and I didn't use their juice.

Anyway, I'm trying to stick to the blue plan for a time, but I didn't quite make it this weekend, but I didn't eat over the maintenance plan either, so I'm OK with that. I did manage to get to the gym twice.

Oh well... I finally decided to stop being mad at myself for gaining, when I realized how much I would normally gained with a 3 week vacation and then a 2 week sickness.... I would not be looking at 3 pounds.. I would have been looking at 15-20... since I generally ate healthy and then would have lapses, if I can just limit the damage of these lapses, I will keep the weight down, and still.. it has been 15 years since I down in this range.. so I have to expect some setbacks....

aguerin
09-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Hello Chicks. I am up again from traveling on Thursday and Friday. :( But other than that I had a pretty good weekend. Looking forward to going on Vacation this Thurs - Sun to the RodRun in Pigeon Forge. I hope the weather cooperates. Good Luck with your plans this week.

I have lost interest in the Center since being on Stabalization. They just aren't bringing much to the table during my visits. That is also probably due to me cheating for the last two weeks due to travel. So maybe not totally their fault.

MomOfThreeTeens
09-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Amy- Have a great time in Pigeon Forge!

Barbara-3 pounds is nothing chickie, look how far you've come!

I got a letter in the mail Friday from my Plastic surgeons office telling me they want to use my before and after pictures on their website. As a thank you they are going to give me a free micro dermabrasion session. Thought that was pretty cool!!

Dan2112
09-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi gang.. Just enough time to check in.. Way to go on the WL, Kim!!

It's State Fair time and we have our annual tree sale and forestry display in the natural resources building on the fair grounds.. I'm in charge of the set up and stuff like that, so I get to be out there every single day.. The two people who have shared the duties in the past have either retired or taken a different job and their replacements aren't up to speed yet.. Yee Haa...

Of course, being out at the fair presents a whole new challenge.. We hadn't yet started LAWL when the fair was in full swing last year so for a while, I was eating the typical fair food.. It's all around us at the building.. Pizza, curly fries, turkey legs... All the good (bad) stuff.. I've done good so far, only buying a coffee and a meat/potato free breakfast burrito.

Just gotta stay focused...

Have a great day all!!

MomOfThreeTeens
09-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Good luck Dan, hang tough!!!

KrispieD
09-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Kim how about you tell them that if they want to use your before and afters that they give ME a free tummy tuck :)

Nicole..what the heck is a golden ticket? A week free off the dang sclae??

MomOfThreeTeens
09-10-2007, 02:18 PM
LOL Ok Kristen, I'll call right now and put that request in!!

emmysmom
09-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Wow Kim...first your weightloss story on the website and now tummy pics! You really are our celebrity! And microdermabrasion is cool...have you ever had it done?

Kristen - My guess is that Nicole has become "royalty" again and has "found" her crown...lol

MomOfThreeTeens
09-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Tina-I love the new picture you hot momma!!! Ohhh the crown, duh! LOL You're smart to figure that out!
I've never had microdermabrasion before, thought I would wait till time for my sons wedding to go have it done. Anybody had it done???

emmysmom
09-10-2007, 02:33 PM
I have had microdermabrasion, Kim. It makes your skin look and feel really nice. You're gonna love it!

Joni135
09-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey Amy - have fun at the Rod Run...I haven't been to one of those in years...I always had a good time!! I do rememer it was "dry" there...we had to go up the road a piece to get a beer. Is it still that way?

Kim - pretty cool about using you on their website...best advertising they can do, that's for sure. But I think you should negotiate for little more than one microdermabrasion treatment...maybe one for each month they use you for advertising....I also like Kristen's idea!!

I got my golden ticket!!! WHOOOHOOOOO!!!! It is good to be Queen! LOL Nicole - I assume this means you passed your crown!! LOL...so no x-ray??

Kristen - yes, the infamous Man Cold!! LOL.

My fucothin arrived...I'll start tomorrow. Like I've said, I don't expect miracles from the supplement itself, but I'm hoping it keeps me in check.

Joni135
09-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Tina - there's a new book out that's a top seller...it's called Skinny B**CH (it's only a top seller because Nicole or Paris Hilton was seen reading it!). Anyway, your new avatar looks great.....Can I call you a skinny b**ch (JUST KIDDING!!)

Mama Nicole
09-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Oh, I would say we can call Amy, Barbara, Tina, Kim, and Kristen all skinny b&%^&*# for sure......and Dan....you are our skinny man b#$*^ (not to be confused with a he-whore...Duece Bigalow reference)........and this is said with love ;) Congrats to all of you..........look how many of us have made it to or super close to goal. It really is unbelievable!!!

Kim........soo cool about the before and after pics. How flattering :) Go for it!!!!

Yes, I am royalty again. Just trying to decide what to do with it now.....ewwwww.

Anyway......I just had to share this adorable little picture :)XOXO
http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/57/757/7/11/97/2459711970099958805mxyiDA_th.jpg (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2459711970099958805mxyiDA)

aguerin
09-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Tina - your new pic looks wonderful. I bet you feel really good.

Kim: Hold out for a boob job. You can at least ask. What can they say, No?

MomOfThreeTeens
09-10-2007, 03:43 PM
LOL Amy, thats a good suggestion! Then he could put THOSE before and afters up too!

dawn78
09-10-2007, 04:03 PM
I can’t wait to be called a skinny b**ch!

Nicole – I’m glad you found your crown and now you can quit w/ the poop search! Love the picture of your son and the pumpkin, too cute. You must share a picture of you bar wench costume when you’re finished. I was that one year for Halloween.

Tina – great new picture.

Kim – what a compliment to have your plastic surgeon want to use your before and after pictures. At least he’s offering you something in return!

Mama Nicole
09-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Ah, yes, Tina...I keep forgetting to tell you how pretty you look in your new avatar............I think it every time I see it......but by the time I get part way through my post, I forget to say so :)
XOXO

KrispieD
09-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Holy Photo Tina!!

Mama Nicole
09-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Nicole..what the heck is a golden ticket? A week free off the dang sclae??

Do you remember the "golden ticket," from Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory? Poor little boy had to search and search through all of those chocolate bars to find his golden ticket............do you see where I am going with this? LOL. I know...........wayyyy to much TMI. And Kristen........would you believe that I totaly forgot to watch my Green Bay Packers????? Ever since I moved to St. Louis, the warm weather makes me forget about football for way too long. I promise I will do better next week :) XOXO

Mama Nicole
09-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Oh, and Tina.........who is that in your profile picture? I can only assume that the darling little girl is your Emmy.........

BarbaraB
09-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Tina, Love the new avatar, hands on the hips just like the stars. You look great.

Nicole, No one has ever called me a skinny b&&ch before.. a fat one yeah... I might have heard that before...LOL... Thanks...

Joni, My daughter read that book and hence the vegan thing. I think the idea is that you eliminate all meat and meat products from your diet, plus anything unnatural, leaving not a heck of a lot to eat. She about drove me crazy there for awhile... Eating at the dorms and deciding you want to become a super picky vegan are not exactly compatible.

Kim, I've had microderm abraision a couple of times. It is just super exfoliation and leaves your skin glowing and smooth. The results don't last for all that long though, maybe a month.

Amy, I also find that the Stabilization and Maintenance phase they hardly want to talk to you at the center, but the accountability of going and weighing in is something I think I need to have. At least I have a year of the fear of going in and being weighed to keep me trying to keep my weight down. After that... We'll see.

zambejaly5
09-10-2007, 05:58 PM
nicole, boil that crown and get some super glue on it!!!! hurray for you!!!

in other news.................

DH GOT A JOB!!!!!!!

:bravo::cp::bravo::cp::cb::wave::flow2::dancer::fl ow2::hyper::hyper::yes::yes::cheer2::cheer2::cheer 2::cheer::cheer::cheer:

not only that, but it is right here, NO MOVING! and the company wants him to stick around til retirement!!!! (16years give or take!!) He didn't get quite as much money as he had hoped but, he will get raises and bonuses to get him back where he should be soon. and it is all coming together!

so now no more excuses with the weight right? his first day of work is next Monday Sept. 17.

ahhhhh, I don't think it has fully hit me yet. I celebrated today by going to Sam's and stocking up on fresh fruits and veggies and good things. $140 worth! it felt nice to be able to shop again...... ok, so it was still on the credit card, and we won't get paid til probably the end of the month............but still the light at the end of the tunnel is so bright.......... I gotta wear shades!!!

BarbaraB
09-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Lettie, What good news! I'm so happy for you.

Mama Nicole
09-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Hooray for Lettie!!!!!!!!!! And for her DH!!! A man needs to work. That's all there is to it. I am so thrilled for you!!!! It is good you have credit for times like this, isn't it? Again............Hooray for you and your family!!!!
P.S. The crown took a 3 hour bleach bath and is now boiling away...........wish me luck :)
XOXO

Joni135
09-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Lettie - so happy to hear the good news....that's got to feel good!

Tina - I clicked on your Kodak photo gallery, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Do you know why???

Nicole - love the pumpkin picture....do you still have the pumpkin? How can you make it last until halloween?

Well, my refrigerator is dying a slow death. The applicance doctor said it's time for a new fridge. So much for my money diet! I'm off to look at refrigerators.

Kim0303
09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Nicole, Glad you are a queen with a crown again!
Krispie - Yeah on being POP
Lizzy and Katie - hello
Barbara - Glad your TO went well. I did it this weekend and didn't lose. Just maintained. That upsets me!!!!
Amy- Have fun at the Rod Run. I am sure the weather will cooperate. We haven't had ran in a while. However, the mountains do get some scattered showers due to the humidity being so high. Temperature is better than last week. YOu should have a great time if you can deal with crowds!
Kim - Congrats on your WI. I am with everyone else. They should give you more than a microderm. Talk them into whatever else you want done at half price. One of my friends did that.
Tina- Love the new picture.
Joni- Keep us informed on the Fucothin. I was thinking of starting a thread to see what kind of success people are having. Tried to use the search to find post but I do something wrong every time. Never get what I want to see. :(
Lettie - Whooo HOoo What a relief it is!!! Congrats! I know you are happy!

Kim0303
09-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Ok, I have got to get a close up of the hair chopped off. Wanted you to see my baby too though. We played in the mountains all afternoon Sunday and this picture was at a family picnic with some out of state friends.

bradleys mom
09-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Love the hair Kim03! You're so brave! I have always wanted short hair but I'm too chicken to go through with it!

Kim0303
09-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Kimberly - I figure it will grow back. My father was not happy. I have had long hair all my life. The length in my avitar was the shortest it had every been until I chopped it off. Last summer it was half way down my back.

TAKE OFF QUESTION - I went to WI today and did take off this weekend and I did not lose. Just maintained. Is that normal? I was looking for a big drop. At least a couple of pounds!!! Oh well.

bradleys mom
09-10-2007, 11:39 PM
After a weekend if I have maintained and not gained, I am doing a happy dance off the scale!! Congrats! I almost always am up after the weekend! thats why I wait til Weds to weigh in now!
Also I have found that sometimes I do not see the effects of TO for 3 or 4 days.

Mama Nicole
09-10-2007, 11:52 PM
OMG, Kim.......I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!! Please put a close up in your profile!!! You look adorable ;)

amylou7777
09-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Kim and Tina you guys look great!!! Love to see new pics.

I'm in class...but hope everyone had a great day!

Joni135
09-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Good Morning everyone.....

A moment of silence as we remember those who lost their lives on 9/11 - six years ago! I was on business in Los Angeles and had to stay an extra week due to flight problems. It was a small price to pay by comparison.

Dr. Oz is going to be on Oprah show next Monday (Sept 17) with a new show...the Truth About Food. Maybe I'll be so grossed out that bad stuff (aka crap) won't entice me. I plan to tape/record the show. Apparently this is tied in to some program that night on the Discover Channel. Can you tell I like food info??

Hope everyone has a great day and has their food diary prominently displayed to remind them what to eat and what not to eat. I'm going to do this right now!!

zambejaly5
09-11-2007, 08:33 AM
morning all, 6 years....... can you believe?

A friend of mine is about to start nutrisystem........ I warned her. I told her to read the reviews on the internet........... but she is determined. She is the type that follows any program to the letter, and loses quickly. so I am sure it will work for her,, but then she has yo-yo-ed 35-40 lbs 3 times in the time that I have been not dieting........ hmmmm. so we will see.

I decided I am not going back to the COD (quick recap..... my COD closed without warning..........hmmmmm sound familure! and the closest one is 35 miles away. they said I could call in my WI's if I want to........hmmmm think I will pass) so now I have to figure out how I am going to stay on top of this.last time I was in there they put me on # 4 without lites. so I guess I will follow that.

I have a funeral to go to today. A sweet 89 year old from our chruch. well actually she wasn't "sweet"...... her husband was sweet, he did in Feb. at 90. so we knew she would be around long. He died 2 months before thier 70th Wedding Anniversary! anyway........ she was not "sweet" she was ........... crusty......... lively.......... a said it like it is Gal. she was great. My husband and son are paul bearers........

now I need to go and cut up a bunch of the veggies I bought yesterday so they are ready to pop in my mouth. catch ya all later

zambejaly5
09-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Hooray for Lettie!!!!!!!!!! And for her DH!!! A man needs to work. That's all there is to it. I am so thrilled for you!!!! It is good you have credit for times like this, isn't it? Again............Hooray for you and your family!!!!
P.S. The crown took a 3 hour bleach bath and is now boiling away...........wish me luck :)
XOXO Thanks!! and to every one else...... thank you.........

you will be fine with your crown. just remember that everything it "came out with" ... was all food that started in your mouth........ its just food...... and it will be cleaner when it is done with that bath than it ever was in your mouth! I am so glad you found it. now Mrs. Do-It-Yourself Dentist.......... what kind of glue do you use with that? Polygrip????

Dan2112
09-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Morning gang..

Well, after almost a week, i'm still right there at 194.. I've had a few cheats but nothing outrageous, so I think i'm about to accept that this is for real. Still contemplating going lower, although I've had a couple of people comment that I shouldn't lose any more, from an appearance standpoint, so I don't know...

Anyway, we'll see how it goes...

Kim#3 - TO is not an automatic WL tool. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. There are a whole handful of variables that go into it like TOM, Water retention, menu choices, physical activity levels, etc...

Beyond what you're trying to accomplish with physical WL, a TO should be also be viewed as a way to mentally "get focused" on WL.. Many of us just use it as a way to get back on track after a weekend when we weren't exactly on plan.. So use it like that..

Oh.. Also.. What you eat for the couple of days immediately following a TO also matter to what kind of final benefit you get from it.

Hang in there! You can do it!

Have a great day all!

MomOfThreeTeens
09-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Lettie!!! Woooo hoooo!! Congrats to DH on the job! I'm so glad you dont have to move! Now get your tushie back in gear and eat you veggies! LOL

Kim!! love the new haircut and your daughter is beautiful!

Dan-105 pounds, WOW, you should be so proud of yourself!

lizababe
09-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Dan - great job! Keep it up!

Lettie - so glad to hear about your DH! Congrats!

Nicole - I'm glad you found your erm.. golden ticket!

I'm at work and having to report on all of the 9-11 ceremonies but I have my tv turned off. I just can't watch because it makes me cry. Blessing to all of you, especially those who lost loved ones.

My sclae has been evil for the past few days. I showed great losses last week and then this week it was up 7lbs! Down 3 of those this morning... that's just nuts. I did have a piece of birthday cake and one piece of fried chicken for my Mini-Me's birthday but that's not enough to warrant 7lbs!!!!

Mama Nicole
09-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Good morning everyone. Well, I was given news this morning that a dear friend (33 yrs old with a wife and 4 very young children) died last night of cancer. We all knew it was comming, but somehow when it is someone so young, you keep thinking it will somehow get better.........and then I was told that my cousin and wife had their first baby girl. So, it's a sad....happy day. I guess some of my cousins are trying to get Jake's (the cancer victim) family entered into Extreme Make-over Home Edition. He was self employed and had no insurance. I guess there is a benefit fund at Wells Fargo (I think, I will check into it later) for the Jake HImes Family. His wife and kids are going to need all the help they can get. Ok, this is all I have so far, but when I get more info, I will post it here :) One of his friends wrote:
"We will have a charity fund set up through Wells-Fargo early next week, details to come. I understand their house will need a lot of work, then there is food, clothes, daycare, kids' college....... Some friends will be checking out there house this weekend to determine what needs done there too. "

So, anyway.......sorry about the sad news thing........it's just on my mind. I do have to say, that I HATE the sclae. I got on it two days in a row only to see a gain two days in a row.......and this is why I need to WI only once a week. I am not giving up......I jsut hate that I let it get to me.

Oh, and my crown.......super clean...but does not want to sit quite right. I think my gums had a chance to heal up a bit over it's 5 day absence......so I am hoping it gets better soon.

Also, I updated my website if anyone is interested. I put a dress on there and a few more blankie options. I plan to put some more blankie options on later today :)

So, after all this blah talk........I want to say that I really am in a good mood today for some reason.......and I hope you all have a great day :)
XOXO

thanks.

Kim0303
09-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks, Kimberly, Any, and Nicole. I will try to get DH to take a close up tonight. Had car trouble yesterday. Was told it was everything but the battery. When I finally got in touch with my BIL that is a certified Toyota Mechanic, he told me to bring by his work before I started having DH replace things. I took it by and it ended up being the battery. Lot cheaper than an alternator!!! Anyway by the time I finally got home from having to beg to be jumped off every way I went, I was exhausted. At least it is fixed now! Love that BIL! He is a cool but crazy guy! He also blessed with me 2 darling nieces that have grown into wonderful women.

DAN & Kimberly -Thanks for the imput on the TO.

Sept 11th - Oh yes, Pray for those families. Today our school has a bus load of service men and women volunteering. I am sure it is related to 9/11. But don't forget all those putting their lives on the line for us now. My future nephew is over there in the hot zone. Was almost killed a week after he got there. His name is Brad. Please continue to pray for his safety as well as all the others.

Have a Great POP day everyone!

Kim0303
09-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Nicole, Sorry about your friend!

I too got a phone call last night that a 63yo cousin died of cancer Saturday. Terrible disease. My dad is a survivor from stage 4! Miracle of God! I too am bumbed out. Cousin lives in Ohio and we didn't know in time to get there. To much stuff going on trying to notify everyone. I think they also knew my Dad wouldn't be able to travel that far and he would have wanted to. I think that is why they didn't call us sooner. Oh well. Praying for them. Services are tonight. She left behind a husband that has scoliosis (don't know spelling) - spine is curved real bad. He didn't have surgery to correct it. Not sure when he was young that they knew how. Anyway he is always in pain. I hate it. And he is not a Christian. Drives my mother crazy. Other than his children, he is only one left in that chain of her family. The thoughts of something happening to him is unbearable to my mother. His wife that passed was a Christian. Ok, Enough sadness.

Have a great day.

Kim0303
09-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Lettie, Forgot to tell you sorry you are having to go to a funeral as well.

emmysmom
09-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Nicole - the girl in my profile pic is a DJ at the radio station where I work. Emmy was on the morning show with her for a week back in July.

Kim - I love the new haircut!

Thanks for all the compliments on my picture!

Joni - I saw the commercial for Dr. Oz's new show last night...it's on the Discovery Channel.

emmysmom
09-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Lettie - Yay on DH's new job!!!

For everyone who has had losses - my prayers are with you and all the families :hug:

KrispieD
09-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Morning everyone.
I woke up to my 4 yr old screaming at her dad and him almost blowing his top. But remembering it was Sept 11 all I could think was that some people would be so happy to have that chaos instead of their loss.. so I came down and tried to sort the peace!
I mentioned DH and I did a real strict week of no carbs, dairy and yes liquid fruit/carbs so today I am down 11lbs and he is down 8lbs... nice to see all that indulgence weight go bye bye again.. so my ticker is accurate and I hope to get back to my lowest of 154.. we also started walking together yesterday morning and will try to do that every day the kids aren't home or take turns at night.
Nicole hope your cold is better?

Biggest Loser premier is tonight and I'm excited.. we were watching a show with before and after of weight loss people last night and then a commercial came on for biggest loser.. DH said.. wow last time you watched those shows you wanted to be one of them.. now you are one of the afters! Sometimes it still sinks in!

Hope you all have a good day and as it is 9/11 anniversary and some of you have had bad news lets make sure we all do something nice for each other, give an extra hug etc.

MomOfThreeTeens
09-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Thats great Kristen!!! So what DID you eat for that week? Protein and green veggies???

KrispieD
09-11-2007, 11:11 AM
We did South Beach phase 1 so it was proteins, vegs, fats and some dairy as long as you use low fat or soy. No fruit, alcohol or carbs for the first two weeks then you introduce the fruits/carbs back in slowly.. I HATED T/O so this is a longer and gentler way for us to get refocussed. I agree with what Dan said earlier.. TO shouldn't be used as an emergency but more as a refocus tool.. I usually went down but as soon as I had my normal day following I'd go up a bit.. ah the joys of weight loss!

MomOfThreeTeens
09-11-2007, 11:28 AM
I've got to get my mind wrapped around the fact that I cant pig out for a couple of days just to play catch up before I have to go weigh again. I stick to plan like glue and go down to my lowest weight since starting, then eat everything in sight for 2 days and go up 5 pounds! I cant keep doing this to myself. Oh its nice to know I can get it back off by being POP but I'm tired of always playing catch up with those 3-4 pounds. UGH! I know occasionally we're going to eat something just because we want it but I cant make it an everyday thing! Need to sprinkle some:dust: ALL over myself! LOL

KrispieD
09-11-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm with you 100% Kim.. we got into a little ritual of great during the weekend and weekend.. hmm.. but I also think part of maitenance is that we have to learn that we'll float a few pounds.. a friend of mine who did LAWL has a highest number max for herself.. ie she fluctuates a few pounds but she only lets herself go up a max of about 3-4lbs.. so she sets 155 for herself and goes down a bit, up a bit but if she sees 155 then she gets smart for a bit or goes back to weighing food etc. I had to realize there are lots of things I want to have now so I do a two bite rule on desserts.. I make someone else order it so I can have two bites.. LOL!!

LizzyW
09-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Morning all,

It is 9/11 and a day of remembering and prayers. Though I did not lose anyone on this tragic day 6 years ago, my heart goes out to all that have. And for those troops over seas today risking their lives for our protection, I commend you. You are all in my prayers and wishes that you come home safely.

I am back to 168.8 this morning. I am so happy. Last night I started Taekwon Do. It was really a lot of fun and harder than it looks. I think I am really going to enjoy this class and since it is a class it will force me to go. The kids are excited as well because they are also doing it. Alex is a yellow belt with green strips working towards her green belt. That is so exciting. Danny and I are both on our white belts, but he is testing in a few weeks for his yellow strips. I won't be testing for a while yet since I just started.

Lettie - Congrats on DH getting the job. That must be a relief.

Nicole - Congrats on finding the lost crown. I may have done the same thing.

Tina - You look great girl.

Kim, Nicole, Lettie - Sorry about your losses. It is never easy

Dan - Congrats on getting back to 194. I am very proud of you my love. You have done great and worked hard.

Liza - Don't worry. It will come off quickly. Possible water gain. Do you drink a lot of diet soda? I was and was gaining. Stopped and now really limit to maybe 2 times a week, if that. I used crystal light mostly or just plain water.

Kristen - I know what it is like to wake up to screaming in the house. When my son has his friend overnight, the first thing it seems is they argue. It really amazes me how they still remain friends sometimes. But I guess that is 7 year olds for you.

To all the losers I have missed, great job. To the losers not losing right now (me included), keep going. You can do it. Have a great POP day everyone.

Liz

MomOfThreeTeens
09-11-2007, 11:38 AM
LOL Kristen, I'm always eating "just a bite" of hubbys dessert! I do great during the week then on the weekend I act like calories dont count. Thats why I think I need to make myself go WI on Mondays, I just hate going after work when I've eaten all day and drunk 10 pounds worth of water! LOL

angelbretsmom
09-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey everyone
I don't write as much as some but congrats to everyone on thier weight losses.
My thoughts are with those who have losses in their families this week.

I have been struggling with the same last 3 lbs for about 6 weeks now and it's getting very frustrating I have been staying on POP all the time, and still nothing I would lose 2 lbs and then the next weigh in I found them again.

I have been debating with myself about just going on Stablization now as I am happy with the size I am right now which can you imagine is a size 8 for jeans I now have a 30 inch waist, which I have never seen in a very long time. I think my body is telling me okay enough I am done were happy where we are at, and I have to be careful as well as I only have the one kidney and I can't do anything to effect that.

I just don't know what to do
'
Help

Stacie

MomOfThreeTeens
09-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Stacie-My original goal was 150 also and I started out at your exact weight, same height. I told the COD up front that I picked a goal to have a number but that when I got to a size I was happy with I was stopping and thats just what I did, changed my goal to 160 and started stabilization. Its about YOU and how you feel, not about a number on a scale. If you feel good, if you're happy where you are then dont let the scale make you feel bad!!

angelbretsmom
09-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks Kim, You done great,, I think to we need to focus on how we feel, not the numbers on the scale as well, and I am to where I feel great and I think I look great.. I will need to post some pictures for everyone to see, I think when I go to the COD on Friday I will tell them I want to start Stablization.

Stacie

Mama Nicole
09-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Yeah, Stacie..........we all try real hard to put the sclae in it's place when it starts putting us down :)

MomOfThreeTeens
09-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Lots of people lose weight even during the first few weeks of stabilization, specially the first week since they add back unlimited veggies. Nobody got fat eating green veggies! LOL Good luck with whatever you do, you've done an awesome job!

aguerin
09-11-2007, 12:55 PM
GM ALL. Dreary, Dreary day here in HSV, AL. But finally some light rain.

This a.m. my boss got on the P.A. and asked everyone to pause for a few minutes to remember 9/11. It is great to have a boss like that. My prayers for all of those who lost someone or who was affected by that tragedy. I think we as Americans have too soon forgotten that day.

Congrats to all on your losses. I should be so lucky. I dont' have any great loss to post. I have kinda gone by the way side of focusing on losing but I"m not giving up. I still want to get down to 140, but with the traveling, upcoming vacation and then I will probably be traveling again, I just hope not to gain more than I already have.

Any words of advice from anyone? I just can't seem to stick to plan while on the road. I want to treat myself since I don't get to do this much. I know, its costing me. BUt I know it will be the same way in Pigeon Forge this weekend. At least I'm being realistic. I will just go ahead and add 2 more pounds to the scale.

The whole cantaloupe doesn't do much for me on TO either. I think its too much food for me. Anybody else try it and not have results? Sorry for the rambling.

angelbretsmom
09-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks it has been well worth it and my hubby and daughter are very pleased for me as well, I am smaller now then I was before I had my daughter which was 14 years ago and also way smaller then when I got married as well, I am just so happy and feel so much better about myself.
Thanks for all the support

Mama Nicole
09-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Where is Joni today?

MomOfThreeTeens
09-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Stacie-I'm smaller right now than I have been since my oldest son was born 22 years ago and it does feel amazing! Somebody told my DH the other day that hes gotten a new wife. I said nope hes just got back the one he started with 26 years ago!!

KrispieD
09-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Nicole what's wrong with the rest of us! Joni posted this am I think?? the days are all a blur when 4 year olds wake you up screaming lol

Okay how is this for a shocker... my friend just did the Weekend To End Breast Cancer.. they hold it every year here in Toronto.. they walk for 60kms and stay overnight in tents.. I had been thinking I needed to do something BIG to acknowledge my weight loss.. and 9/11 had me thinking too.. so I just signed up for next years challenge.. someone remind me of my motivation when i start to get blisters and ask what the heck I got myself into lol!!!

BarbaraB
09-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Stacie, You have to consider how hard it is going to be to maintain a weight too. There are body fat estimators online where you put in your measurements and it gives you some idea about where you are. You have to look at more than just the scale, and be reasonable about what to expect. I had my original goal at 148, which I had lost down to that weight before. But that had been a crash type diet and I had lost a lot of muscle along with the fat, so although I was much lighter, I was fatter at 148 than I am now. If you are trying to get your body fat down much below 18-20% as a woman, you are likely going to have to fight really hard to maintain that. Especially if you are over 40!

Kim #3, I have had TO where the scale didn't do much, and yes it is terribly frustrating. Sometimes my body just won't let go of the pounds until it is ready to do so. I had been sliding more and more off plan, and was up 6 pounds so I needed the TO to get back on track.

Amy, I've always had the best TO results with grapefruit. One of the counselors told me that it was best to try to have a few extra light days if you know you are going to be over plan a bit, to sort of balance it out. Often I do better if I have the light day AFTER the day that was a little over. I decided I was willing to have a few days of rice cakes and tuna in exchange for a few really great dinners.

Joni135
09-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Dan - you need to put your numbers back in...you are an inspiration to so many and you will continue to be an inspiration.

Liza - could your scale need a new battery???

Nicole - I'm here...just busy with work. So sorry to hear about your friend and the troubles his family is going through. That would be so cool if they could get Extreme Home Makeover to help out. They should certainly submit a tape and see what happens. I know why you are in a good mood...DH comes home today :-) Did you finish your outfit for Germany? I'll check out the website in a bit. Now that your veggie garden is pretty much done for the season, will you please plant a money tree for me. I went to get my car brakes checked only to find out that the brakes are okay, but my tires all need to be replaced (they have bubbles, cracks, worn treads) and the car needs an alignment. My money diet week isn't going very well...$1100 for a new fridge; $500 for tires!!

Kim - my prayers go out to all our soldiers; Brad included.

Kristen - I've never heard of the "terrible 4s" but it sounds like someone in your house has!! LOL. Your DH has a houseful of hormonal women....guess he just has to learn to deal with it. WOW - cannot believe your carb free week netted you such a great loss. Great job. Thanks for TBL reminder and that's cool that your hubby mentioned your past year's success!

Liz - great advice to nix the diet sodas. I did really good for a while and I find myself going back to regularly drinking the stuff. I need to quit that too....

So proud of those of you that have made it to goal and/or are hovering close to goal. Someday I will join you!

MomOfThreeTeens
09-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Anybody done the BMI calculator?? According to that stupid thing, I would have to lose an additional 12 pounds to not be considered overweight anymore! Sheesh!!!!

JLem311
09-11-2007, 02:01 PM
hey everyone. just thought i'd do a quick check in while Julia is at preschool and Jag is napping. not much going on in my world except for enjoying my time with the kids. :) jag also peed in the potty for the 1st time yesterday! it was so exciting to see his face! he decided he wanted to go in there while julia was in the bathroom too and it was too cute to see them in there together...julia on the big potty and jag on his little potty! wish i would've gotten a pic, but i didn't.

ok, that was my proud mommy moment!

anyways, the scale is back up to 208. :( no clue why either. oh well. not going to let it get to me. we'll see what it says when i get back this weekend.

gonna meet a friend for coffee today. i haven't seen her since january...before i started LAWL, so i'm sure she'll be shocked. she's seen some recent pics of me, but nothing compares to seeing it in person.

ok, i'll try and check back in tomorrow! hope everyone is doing well!

angelbretsmom
09-11-2007, 02:34 PM
BARB Do you have the website that your talking about? so I can check that out, and Nope I am not over 40 yet 35 right now, I know I need to add more exercise in to get my BMI lower, and I want to really tone up more now then anything. so maybe setting a goal for 150 and trying to maintain it is too low for me? I think I will stay at 160 cause I am smaller then I ever was and work on toning more then anything.
Kim I hear you about the BMI websites since we are the same height and same size I think it is crazy they expect you to have a lower weight I think If I lose to much more I won't look good, I don't want to be to thin...

MomOfThreeTeens
09-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Stacie, my hubby would have a fit if I lost 12 more pounds. Hes the one that told me STOP now, you're small enough. I teased him and told him he just doesnt want my curves to go away! LOL

Oh, on another topic all together, today its been 4 months since my surgery, time flies when you're having fun!!!

angelbretsmom
09-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Kim I hear you there my Hubby has said the same thing to me, he thinks I look great and told me I would be too skinny if I lost more.
by the way you look great, so only 4 months ago time does sure fly by doesn't it..

MomOfThreeTeens
09-11-2007, 03:03 PM
I think hes afraid I'll lose my "funbags" as Kristen calls them! LOL

bradleys mom
09-11-2007, 03:11 PM
LOL @ funbags!! That was the first question my husband asked when I joined LAWL. "Are you going to lose them too?"

angelbretsmom
09-11-2007, 03:15 PM
hey my hubby asked the same question and yes I did lose some from that area but there is still lots there..lol
maybe all men think the same way....lol

BarbaraB
09-11-2007, 03:17 PM
www.healthstatus.com/calculate/bfb
www.stevenscreek.com/goodies/pi.shtml
http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html

Here are a few. I took estimates from several places, just to see, since they are all estimates. That and the scale that is supposed to measure body fat.
I like looking at body fat, since I know a good friend of mine is the same height as me, yet weighs 25 pounds less. She is 30% fat and I'm about 20%.

If I didn't know about the body fat thing, I think I would have a real big problem in comparing myself to others and thinking I still needed to lose. Since 30% looks kind of chunky, even if she weighs hardly anything. The personal trainer I had years ago called such a person sneaky fat. I guess I was always kind of sneaky lean...

They do say the BMI numbers can be way off for people who are lean. I barely am OK by BMI, yet my body fat percentages say I don't have a lot of extra fat that I should lose. Of course a lot of stars have body fat percentages around 10%, but if you read the literature, that is not a healthy range. I don't think the ranges change a heck of a lot over age 40, just your body fights it a bit harder as you get older. I think they say that essential fat for women is around 15%. Plus I'm sure most stars give out their lowest weights and measurements ever. I would if someone asked me since the press is so nasty to any gal who gives her weight over the 120's. I think this gives a lot of men weird ideas as to what a woman should weigh. My mom's boyfriend was shocked to learn his grand daughter who is 5 foot 10 weighed 150 pounds at age 18, thought she must be some sort of a fluke. Makes me mad that there is such an attitude that women are supposed to weigh nothing.

I also like this web site
http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/met.htm
since it has a really interesting determining your frame size by looking at your elbow width. If you look at my wrist, for some reason I have a small to medium frame, but my elbow puts me at a large frame, and that coorelated with what I thought my weight should be. So for me, being of a scientific bent (I have a bachelors in Computer Engineering and a masters degree in computer science to tend to analyze and turn rather geeky regularly) weighing all the facts was important.

MomOfThreeTeens
09-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Just an FYI...a short nonfat Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks is 130 calories! LOL Seems like something I may have to partake in!

KrispieD
09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
The funbags are the first to go! I went from a 40DD to a 36B.. DH still plays TAPS on occasion in the house when he is in mourning over their loss!

bradleys mom
09-11-2007, 03:39 PM
OMG Kristen that is so hilarious!!! I would LOVE to have 36B's!!!! Ohh my day is coming! Victoria Secret here I come, lol!

KrispieD
09-11-2007, 03:42 PM
I'll be shopping beside you.. and we'll take Joni when she is off her money diet!

angelbretsmom
09-11-2007, 03:51 PM
I know I went from a size 40D to a size 36C and let me tell you I love it and I love being able to shop at La Senza now and get the cute little nighties there...

On another note I had my measurements done today I have lost a total of 40 inches since I started in Oct last year.. I was excited to hear that

lizababe
09-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Hiya Joni, Nicole, Kim, Liz, Jill, Tina, Barbara, Kristin and everyone else!

I wish I could blame it on diet soda... but I'm not a soda drinker. Well, unless it's mixed with liquid starch and I haven't had any of those since Mexico. I think hormones have a lot to do with it. I know I'm too young to be going through this but TOM has skipped me for two months, I'm breaking out in blemishes like a teenager and getting hot flashes during the night (sorry for the TMI Dan) I went off of birth control a year ago because a) I didn't have a reason for it anymore after my break up and b) I prefer to let nature take it's course and don't like hormones or meds. I'm wondering if I should go back on it again now too keep myself from throwing the sclae from a clock tower!

I avoided the 9-11 memorial service stuff to keep myself from crying and had to be careful of how I read the news because certain keywords even choke me up. When I was taking my nap between shifts the jazz station I listen too during naptime played "The Star Spangled Banner" that I think was just a solo saxophone and I started crying in my sleep. Yeesh. Not many things make me cry but this does it.

Hope everyone is having a POP day. I think I'm going to drag my bottom onto the bike tonight.

BarbaraB
09-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Liza, It probably is just hormonal then. If you go for a month without the visit from Aunt Flo, she is going to be moody about when she comes for her next visit. The only thing that I've found to be at all helpful is calcium, but I have to take it for awhile for it to help.

I went from a strained 38DD to a comfortable 36D, and somehow lost somewhere around 7 inches in the chest I think, so I really do think I was just avoiding buying a bigger size.... Well that and a huge reduction in the "back fat". I really don't miss that ugly lumpy back fat at all.

bradleys mom
09-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Ohhh I cant wait to get rid of the back fat!!! Aghh its like a plague!

amylou7777
09-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Amen on the bra comments! Although it is a major concern of Dbf! It's all about proportionality...smaller tummy, lil bit smaller funbags!

I'm at school now...should be getting to work but wanted to check in!

Down another lb after a week being away from COD bc of this hectic schedule. I'm going to try the 5 day plateau buster...apparently others in the center have been successful with it. Techinically I haven't hit a plateau-BUT I would like to get out of these 250s and get re-motivated with a big loss.

Liza- I am a lot like you with the 9/11 stuff. I try not to ignore it, but am very selective about what I watch bc it will knock me off of my feet, so to say for the rest of the day. It's just such a horrible memory for so many people. I can't imagine having a personal tie to anyone who was there.

I hope all of you who have lost loved ones this week are doing ok. Sending you all prayers and support!

Nicole- I'm glad you have retreived your golden ticket. I hope you have better luck with your dentist!

Alright, back to work!

whatazoo
09-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Hello all,

Been awhile since I have posted here, but I read almost every day. Keeps me focused and POP. I decided on my own to go back to the gold plan just before Labor Day. I was poking along very slowly and usually only losing when I was POOP over a weekend (if that makes any sense at all). I have been honest in my diary since I switched myself back and only one counselor so far has commented or written anything (wrote that I wasn’t getting all my food in). If the manager or assistant manager calls me on it, I will explain it to them then. Anyway, I haven’t really gone wild with getting my numbers back up to where they were before the switch over to the numbered plans, but I am back up to 2# per week! Finally. I was up this morning on my own scale by 1 pound, but yesterday I got a tetanus booster. Do you think that will cause a weight gain? I also didn’t get one fruit in, I guess.

I have been getting some NSV tho! People are really starting to notice the weight loss - at least the 'upper half'. I too am losing the back fat. woohoo

Thanks and congrats to all the losers!

BarbaraB
09-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Stephanie, Perhaps the tetanus booster caused a little swelling. I'm sure it is only temporary though. It just gets harder to score those two pounds per week as you get lighter. I BET people are really noticing your weight loss. 44 pounds is a lot! I was about your starting weight at my highest ever weight and the same height. People only started commenting on my weight when I got down to the mid 170's, like the first 40 pounds didn't really make a difference but the next 15 really did.

Amy, Sure the fun bags are smaller, but now they are more than just another roll on my body, so they stand out more.. LOL... My DH is NOT complaining at all... says they look "perkier" smaller.

brittyboo07
09-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Hey everyone! I have been out about 2 months now been without internet connection. Not getting a paycheck in August my first month teaching was really tough so a few things had to go until I got some $$$$. And since i was basically moneyless you know that means and I was eating cheap and eating cheap does not = healthy. So now that things are back to normal around here I am back. And so ready to get back to my routine and healthy food. Have you ever pulled in the drive thru known exactly how much you could spend and gotten your cheap $1 double cheeseburger out and gone ugh I dont want this. I will confess I did this. I would have never thought I would say something like that but I did.

I plan on getting back to the center by Saturday at the latest. I will probably go in Thursday afternoon but will not do an official WI until Saturday morning. I am one of those weird ones I only do AM official WI's lol.

Give me a few days to catch up on these post. I hate being gone for so long because you can never catch up but I will do my best. I will get to the personals in a few days after some catch up time.

Hope everyone has a great POP day tomorrow.

Mama Nicole
09-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Hey Britt...........good to see you :) How are you liking the job? I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you. It can be so hard when the $$$ aren't there. Glad you are back :)
XOXO

brittyboo07
09-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Hey Nicole!! I LOVE my job!! I could not be happier with my choice of school and grade level just love the little ones. Everyone keeps telling me I have the best class. I think so too! I do not have any real little devils either so I got lucky my first year. It is tough when they $$ is not there but it makes you appreciate it so much more when it is there. How have you been doing?

Mama Nicole
09-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Well, in your absence, I started my own online business, www.nicolemassie.com, and swallowed and recovered my crown (tooth). I am leaving for a vacation to Germany on September 27th, and other than that, everything has pretty much been the same :) That's pretty much it in a nutshell :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
09-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Oh and I am sooo glad you love your job. I wanted to be a teacher the whole time I was growing up, so I always love to hear about teachers. I even did 2 years of college for it.....but then life happened....and then I decided I wanted to be a certified-nurse midwife......did two years of school for that....then life happened some more.......and......oh, never mind. I just wanted to tell you that I am so happy for you that you love your job. Teachers that love their job are the best teachers around :)

amylou7777
09-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Welcome back Britt! It's so good to have you back. I think we were both in for losing 25 goals for labor day...man did I overshoot! I managed to lose about 16-so we've started a Colombus day goal. You should join us-you are going to do graet now that life is back to normal!

Nicole- you are so funny! I can always tell how you are saying things by the way you type...I love it.

Goodnight everyone!

aguerin
09-12-2007, 08:47 AM
GM All. Today is my last working day before leaving for the mountains for a few days for the big Rod Run. I can't wait.

I watched the BL last night and boy were they brutal to poor Amber. Kicked her to the curb and gave her a tongue lashing. I was glad to see that she took control herself and has lost 65 pounds since then though. And then the oldest guy to ever be on the show to lose 31 pounds in 1 week. He need to tell me his secret. LOL WL would be so much easier if I could make drops like that.

So since watching the show, I finally got my BL workout DVDs out and I may actually try to watch them today. Haven't even cracked the wrap on them yet. Aren't I great? How can you benefit from them if they are still in the case?

Congrats on the Crown Nicole. You will probably always have it on your mind where that baby has really been.

Welcome Back Britt. Its time to get refocused and just do it!

I have a NSV that I want to share. I have had to clean out my closet of my size 12 pants (the 10s were gone years ago, cause I needed the 12s) so I didn't have anything to wear. Yesterday while in WalMart I was shopping for some cute jeans to wear this weekend when I noticed the dress pants were out. So I grabbed a size 8, crossing my fingers that they didn't look too tight. I knew 10s would be to big or too big too soon. So guess what? I couldn't wear the 8's. I had to go get a 6. My mouth hit the floor. I have never wore a size 6. Now granted these may run bigger than other brands, but still a size 6. That has motivated me to get these last 10 pounds off. :)

MomOfThreeTeens
09-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Welcome back Britt!

AMY WOW Congrats chickie!!!!!!! I dont remember being in a size six since I was ohh probably 14. I think I went from a girls size 14 to a juniors size 5 overnight. Man those curves just popped out everywhere! LOL

Mama Nicole
09-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone :) I am TRYING not to yell at my kids today. That will be quite the challenge. We are all doing WL challenges, Joni is on a shopping diet, and I am trying not to lose my temper with my kids.......while doing a WL challenge, and being on a shopping diet. Holy cow.......that vacation is going to be SOOOOOOOO nice. LOL.

I hope everyone is having a good day. I keep wondering if we are ever going to see Lea Ann or Cassi or Kim again..............

Anyway, just wanted to stop in and say good morning. I will check back soon.

Oh, I got my first official order for not one, but TWO blankies yesterday. I am soooo excited.......I cannot wait to sew later :)

Have a great day everyone!!!
XOXO

BarbaraB
09-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Nicole, congrats on the order! It looks like your new business is going to flourish. We'll miss you when you are gone on vacation to Germany!

Britt, good to see you back. It is so great when teachers love to teach, it makes a lot of difference to how much the kids love to learn.

Amy, Size 6! Wow, you really are the skinny b&&ch. I mean that in the best way possible too.

I braved the scale this morning and I gained back everything I lost on TO, so now I'm determined to go totally back to BLUE and be totally POP for as long as it takes to get back to goal. I just hope it is not the two months and 3 TO it took me to lose that weight the last time! I'm so wishing I had behaved better on vacation, and I'm mad at myself, since although my older sister totally sabotaged me (putting M&M's right in my hand and saying just eat them after I said no thanks to them) I was the one who made the decision to eat them.... At least I have you guys to keep me company while I try to be POP!

zambejaly5
09-12-2007, 12:52 PM
I have a NSV that I want to share. I have had to clean out my closet of my size 12 pants (the 10s were gone years ago, cause I needed the 12s) so I didn't have anything to wear. Yesterday while in WalMart I was shopping for some cute jeans to wear this weekend when I noticed the dress pants were out. So I grabbed a size 8, crossing my fingers that they didn't look too tight. I knew 10s would be to big or too big too soon. So guess what? I couldn't wear the 8's. I had to go get a 6. My mouth hit the floor. I have never wore a size 6. Now granted these may run bigger than other brands, but still a size 6. That has motivated me to get these last 10 pounds off. :)

I cannot believe how much sizes have changed since the 80's. I am also 5' 7", When I was 20. I weighed 123 and I was always a size 8. once in a while I would dip down to 118, you know, back when being upset ment you didn't eat, not like now where it means eat a house!! and when I would dip down to 118. I could fit in a 6, so I always had both in my closet but mostly I was always a solid 8. then I had two of my five babies and went to Jenny Craig and lost all the weight then had two more babies and went back to Jenny craig and this time only got down to 142. an at that time I was a comfortable size 10. that was 1997. now here we are 10 years later...... hmmmm I can't wait til I get down to 140!!!!!!

Nicole, CONGRATS!!! yeah! your first order. are you going to hang your first Dollar up on the wall? you should.

Prazteam
09-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi all,
I've been MIA lately. 53 hours on my "part time" job this week, dh is on vacation and my "spare" time is spent working with him on the "honey do" list. And of course, the peppers are coming in hot and heavy so we're drying, smoking, canning, vacuum sealing.... in my "other" spare time! :rofl:
POP off and on... more on than off but not 100% either.
Will check back in when life settles down and hubby goes back to work next week. (whew!)
Oh yeah, dh had a case of HIVES last week that literally almost killed him. He suddenly started blacking out and the last time (when I finally called 911) he blacked out with his eyes open! If I couldn't have seen him breathing I would have thought he was dead. ER PhD said hives can affect you many ways, both inside your body as well as outside in the usual form. dh's blood pressure dropped to 82/44 and that was after 2 benadryl caplets and a dose in an IV on the way to the ER... What a week!
Blessings,

zambejaly5
09-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Oh Pearl how scarey!! I am glad to see you back. I was gone for a while too, good to see a bunch coming back Britt is back too!

My daughter gets hives bad. All over her body. I didn't realize there was potential for internal stuff!!! I will have to watch that!

aguerin
09-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Yikes Pearl, did they say what was causing the hives? Too much stress? Glad he is better. Good to hear from you again. Try to to work so hard. It will make you stress eat (oh, thats me). :)

MTdebster921
09-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Quick check in, no time for personals. Just looking for Angie... yoohoo, Angie, Where are you?? How are things going? I have been kind of bad the last few days. Got my menu planned out for the week. Will post in the menu thread tonight when I get home from work.

Mama Nicole
09-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah, Angie......WTF? LOL

KrispieD
09-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Welcome back Britt, Debster and Pearl.. YAHOOOOOOOOOO

today is spent racing around for my 4 year olds' bday party on Saturday.. now if she tells me off like she has been lately before this party I'm going to send her in a box to Aunt Joni!

JAYAGODDESS
09-12-2007, 02:09 PM
May I join your thread? :)

BarbaraB
09-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Sure Jayagoddess, what is your name? Welcome

Mama Nicole
09-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi Pearl and Deb!!! It is good to see you. Sorry I have not been responding to everyone......I have been crazy busy here today with laundry. I let it get WAY out of hand with all of my sewing.......but I think by the end of the night I will be the queen of the laundry room again.....and proudly crowned. By the way.....crown is doing well.....it settled right back in. Goodnight for now.....I may pop back in later :)
XOXO

brittyboo07
09-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the WB's! It is good to see Pearl and Deb back as well. Wonder if any others will pop back in.

Well it was a long day for me I didnt sleep well and it just ended up being a long day. I am getting ready to head to bed early tonight and see if I cant catch back up on some sleep. Today was not really a POP day but nothing really bad either. I am trying to get back into the groove of things and I plan on going tomorrow night to WI at the center and I guess get my new program info. They were getting ready to have training on it the last time I was in. So I am sure I will get the you have been out for so long blah blah blah! But I am getting ready to kick it into high gear. But right now im gonna go get some sleep. I will check in with yall tomorrow! Have a great POP day and drink extra water!!!

amylou7777
09-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Lettie- I'm so happy that DH has a new job! I'm sure you feel such a huge weight lifted!

Nicole-congrats on your sales!

Welcome JayaGodess!

Hi Pearl! Glad everything is ok with DH. You sound busy!

It's been a long week, but at least tomorrow is Thurs, the downhill side of the week! I've been trying to follow the plateau breaker to see a bigger loss this week! I'm also trying to get into the COD more often to keep me focused...

Goodnight everyone!

Joni135
09-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Oh Kristen - If I received a "kid in a box" I would be so very happy!! LOL. After all your ranting about her behavior lately, I'm surprised she's getting a party. Should I send a "naughty chair?" What's the theme of the princess' party?

Hi Pearl....sounds like the family and job are keeping you on your toes. What caused DH's hives? That sounds scary to me!

Amy - you're gonna look hot at that Rod Run wearing those size 6 jeans!! I taped BL last night and hope to watch it this weekend. Just been busy.

Nicole - yipee....a real live order. This is only the beginning!! I agree with Amy - I love your stories....keep them coming.

Britt - welcome back and I'm so glad to hear your teaching assignment is going to well. Lea Ann (Boos Mom) also got a real teaching job at a high school.

Hi Jillian (aka proud momma)- sounds like you're enjoying your time with the kids...thanks for checking in.

Liza - TOM has skipped me for two months, I'm breaking out in blemishes like a teenager and getting hot flashes during the night (sorry for the TMI Dan) I went off of birth control a year ago because a) I didn't have a reason for it anymore after my break up and b) I prefer to let nature take it's course and don't like hormones or meds. I'm wondering if I should go back on it again now too keep myself from throwing the sclae from a clock tower!I'm having all those symptoms as well....my ob/gyn said the best thing to do would take a low dose BC pill...which I did for about two months. It did help the hot flashes, but, just like you, I just don't want to pop pills for everything, and while taking the pills I gained a few pounds and blamed it on the meds. So I quit taking them. If I exercise every day and eat lots of fruits and veggies, my hot flashes don't seem so bad. Of course, the last few days I've done neither of these things and guess what...hot..cold..hot..cold..hot..cold. I can only blame myself.

Barb - thanks for sharing those websites. I need to check them out later...right now it's 11:33 PM and I've got to get to bed!

Mama Nicole
09-12-2007, 11:57 PM
So, speaking of BC...........I ran myself out of pills on Sunday, and my prescription required my Dr. authorization.........so I called the doc on monday to have them call it in.......I have no clue why they only made it for 6 months...but whatever...........anyway, I forgot to go pick it up Monday night.......and then monday turned into tuesday....and then I started thinking about my cycle, and realized that I will be on the first day of TOM THE DAY WE LEAVE FOR GERMANY. I pondered this thought for a spell, when I realized that there is no way in **** this can happen. DH and I have not been away from the kids since 2001 (honeymoon)..........so there is just no way I can not only be "out of commission," but also feeling bloated and crampy and just gross. So, I called Dr back, and the midwife called me back to discuss options. Well, she about dropped the phone when I told her TOM was comming every 28 days. She said, "you mean you get a period on this pill?" And I was like, "UM YEAH!!!" Well, as it turns out, I was on a progesterone only pill, and apparently I was not supposed to be menstrating AT ALL. So, we decided that I was not protected enough.......and the doll that she is changed my pills, and then told me that I can totally skip TOM while in Germany by manipulating my pills. Ahhhh, the miracle of modern science. I normally would not mess around like that........but c'mon.......it's not like I am going to get the opportunity to be in Germany with just DH too many times in this lifetime :) So........I now just have to hope that I do not get any crazy side effects from this pill. I know, I know........probably TMI....but I am just blown away what a tiny little pill can do. I have (obviously) not used birth control very often in my life.....so it is just bizziare. It seems kinda naughty........like, 'yeah, baby......you can do it........and NOT get caught!' You see, I never get away with anything.........so I still feel skeptical. OH holy cow.........I have to get to bed......I starting to talk like a dinkis.

Oh, before I forget..........and I realize this may be a little over the top......but if any of you are interested in donating money to a charity that is for a darn good cause, here is the info about how to donate for my friend's family (the 33 year old that just died of cancer and left a wife and 4 little kids behind)

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Jacob Himes Family Benefit Fund, c/o Steve Kovala, Bank President, Wells Fargo Bank, Grand Rapids, MN 55744 or in person at any Wells Fargo Bank.

I have had them on my mind all day, as I cannot go to the funeral. It is in Duluth, MN, and I just can't afford another trip right now. :(

Ok.........really time for bed now. Have a good night everyone :)
XOXO

agraygirl
09-13-2007, 12:01 AM
HI, Im new, just found this site today and I'm so glad to be here!!

I've been on LAWL for about 7 months and I've lost about 35 pounds. I was able to get them to switch me to the "new" plan 3 from blue a month or so ago.

Anyway, as far as this week, I had a .6 loss today. But I am headed out on a road trip tomorrow and am in a panic as to what I am going to eat when I get to my dad's house in MS. The center of deep fried southern cooking. Im going to the grocery and packing a cooler. I hope they don't think Im beeing snobish by not eating their food.

MTdebster921
09-13-2007, 02:30 AM
Nicole- I am glad that you retreived your crown and congrats on the official orders on your website. Also, so sorry about your friend passing.

Tina- Love the new avatar.

Dan- I can definitely see a difference in your face between the 2nd and 3rd pics. WTG on hitting your goal!!!

Dawn- Love the new baby pic. She is so stinkin adorable!!

Lettie- I am so happy for you that DH got a job! That should be a big burden off of your shoulders.

Kim3- The new haircut is cute, I do those kind of dramatic things all the time. My theory too is that it is just hair, it will grow back.

Britt- Good to see you, glad you are enjoying the teaching job.

Amy- Hooray for you, that is an awesome NSV!!!!

Pearl- How scary with DH!! I hope everything is ok with him now. My MIL gets hives when her routine gets knocked out of whack and she stresses. She got them on the inside of her mouth and almost closed off her windpipe.

Joni- Bummer on the fridge and the tires. At least it is spending money on something you need and not something you want. Not as fun, I know. I dread having to buy new tires for our truck, DH seems to think bigger is better and those bigger tires are sure expensive. How is Charlie doing? Our middle furkid's 4th birthday is tomorrow, so we will celebrate with steak and doggie ice cream. The baby's 1st birthday is in 2 weeks.

Jaygoddess and Agraygirl- Welcome to the group.

Chilly night tonight, had to turn the heater on. We went up in the mountains this weekend and got SNOWED on. It's supposed to be back in the 70's again this weekend though.

I haven't been back to the COD since we got back from Colorado. I know I should just get my butt back in there. Maybe on Monday I will go in.

healthy2b
09-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Hi everyone!!! I've been MIA for a while, lots going on in my life right now. DD had her baby....she hemoraged again Saturday a week ago and they finally decided it was too dangerous to wait any longer and she was 37 weeks and one day so she was plenty far enough a long for the baby to be okay. She ended up having a C-section due to placenta previa Saturday night, Sept. 2nd.....he is adorable...I'll post a picture soon.... then DH and I went to San Francisco for a few days and had a blast. So much to see and so little time to see it.....He did get to be on TV during the 49ers football game. Did any of you see him..... towards the end of the game, he stood up and showed his Dallas Cowboys shirt he had on to the camera guy and my kids called all excited because there was a great close up of him on the TV. He made me really nervous wearing that shirt to the game, but he had a jacket on that kept it covered most of the time thank goodness.

Well, back to work yesterday and so behind.....trying to catch up because I'm off to Denver Sunday for work related stuff. I will be in Denver for a week and it will be so hard not to see DGS for a full week. Babies change everyday so I'm not looking forward to it.

Liza - how did vacation go?

Nicole - congrats on your first sale!!!!

Tina - love your new avatar!

Lettie - congrats on DH new job!

Will try to catch up on more personals later.

KrispieD
09-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Joni.. kid in a box LOL.. the theme of her party is princess! We have a bouncy castle coming in the backyard as a surprise, 9 little girls from 3-5 years of age adn I'm making choclate dipped strawberries in pink chocolate, pink Koolaid and finger sandwiches.. last night I made them all a loot 'box' full of little princess toys and candies.. needless to say momma is pooped.. we do her party here on sat 3-5pm and then have two toddler bdays to attend on sunday.. i'll be typing with one eye open on Monday.. down to 157 on my scale at home so these two weeks of restrictions have worked. I'll post some pics of her party after.. Nicole..wait till you see the CAKE!!!!! Having a friend make individual cupcakes for all the guests with a little princess hat on each and Jilly will get a mini personal cake with a crown... if she gives me any attitude after all this work she shall be shipped to Joni COD!

Mama Nicole
09-13-2007, 10:40 AM
LOL.....do any of you watch the office? Did you see the one where Michael attempts to pretend to commit suicide by almost jumping off the building onto a bouncy castle? LOL LOL LOL Thanks for the laugh, Kristen :)

Birthday parties are sooo fun. I know they are a pain in the arse for us....but the kids just love them :) I am pleased to hear that you are having hte party at your home. We always have our kids parties at our home or a park. I don't think adventure parties are bad.........we have just always tried to focus on the importance of family and friends as our greatest treasures.....so we have avoided big to-do parties. However.......I do all I can to make it magical and memorable like you are doing, Kristen. I just love to see their little face light up. We also have a birthday tradition I started quite a while back, where there is one small gift waiting at the foot of the birthday girl/boy's bed in the morning when they wake up. They can open it alone, or bring it by whomever they like to open it. It is like a mix of Birthday, Toothfairy, and Santa all mixed into one. I have both of my boy's birthdays and ODD in October.......so I will be feeling your pain soon :)

Carrie.....so happy to hear DD and DGS are doing well. We were worrying about you. :) Forgive me for not remembering....but do you have any other grand children? I am doubting it, cuz I still haven't figured out quite how you are a grandma at all.......lol.

Ok, what happened to DAn? Got all skinny on us and abandoned ship?

Deb......get your butt into the COD. Were you having a hard time sleeping last night?

Kim03.......we are still waiting for a close up of the new hairdo. I am considering doing the same thing when I get back from Germany.....change is good.

Well, I am officially starting a new no sclae challenge for myself. I just cannot deal with the disappointment on a daily basis. I have been good......so good......and no change for a spell. I am quite spoiled, and usually when I work the program, I lose. So, I am not getting on that bad boy again until Tuesday. Unless Joni needs a WI for chicks to the finish challenge.

Anywhooo, have to go get DD to school now..........hey, where is Felicia?

Ok, have a great day all :)
XOXO

healthy2b
09-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Nicole - no other grandchildren....he is our first and we are so excited, we can't get enough of him. I'm sure my daughter and her DH will be glad when we can go a whole day without having to see him. I'm sure she enjoyed the break from us while we were in San Francisco. We are trying to limit our visits now to just a few minutes in the evening so they can do their own little family bonding without us hanging out. Its hard though with our other kiddos gone off to college....they are our only kids here with us so we tend to probably want to spend too much time with them.....empty nest syndrome thing going on I guess. You just wait Nicole......you have all those precious kids with you and I know sometimes you just need a break, I've been there, but when they all grow up, its hard especially if you have a close family like you seem to have. Our kids have been our life and we wouldn't have changed a thing. Enjoy them every minute because your time will come when they all grow up and go off to school or start their life. Don't get me wrong, we are really enjoying our new found freedom, it's great also....hence the trips to the caribean and san francisco.....I guess one of the perks to having kids when your young......your also young when they move out..ha...ha

JLem311
09-13-2007, 11:02 AM
hey everyone. quick check in today. i fly back to NC tomorrow morning. can't believe how quickly 7 days has flown by. my time with the kids has been so great. i dread leaving each time.

i'm with ya nicole on the no scale thing. i've been doing pretty well, and i've been stuck on 208 for the longest time! and then i finally hit 206 and it jumped back up to 208 again and now i'm stuck again. it sucks and it's getting me down. i just don't know how to break my scale habit. it's bad.

ok, gonna go and give the kids a snack. hope ya'll are doing great!

LizzyW
09-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Morning everyone,

Thursday, one more day until Friday.

Nicole - Dan has been working the state fair and will be for the next week. I am sure he tries to get on at night, but is just too tired.

Well I had my second TaeKwon Do class last night. I was the only non black belt there for most of the class so I got to do some kicks that the black belts do and man did it feel good to be doing something. It is a lot of work but I so enjoyed it. I think I even impressed the instructor. LOL

Carrie - Glad to see DD and baby are doing well. What a scary thing to go through. But it is done now and you have a beautiful grand baby and DD is doing well.

Welcome all the new comers.

I better get to work, so have a great POP day and will check back in later.

Liz

amylou7777
09-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Morning friends!

Carrie- congrats on your new gs! What is his name? I'm so glad everything is ok with him and DD.
Of course we have the niners game on tivo so you'll have to tell me around what part of the game he came on so I can go back and look for you guys! That is so exciting. Glad you had a great time!

Liz- wow, congrats on your taekwondo! That is so exciting. I don't know if I'd have the guts to get in there with the blackbelts, good for you!

Kristen-your princess party sounds SO fun! The surprise bouncy house and little cakes sound adorable.

Jillian- have a safe trip home!

Deb- I can't believe you turned the heater on last night! Whew, it's still so hot here! I just looked at your ticker and you are SO close to goal!

Hi Nicole!

Alright, must get some homework done before my classes today..
have a great day everyone!

healthy2b
09-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi Amy -it was toward the end....the camera man was actually filming the guy with the guitar/bango (can't remember what he was playing), and he happened to be in front of my DH, so he stood up to show his beloved Dallas Cowboys shirt....you can't see me though....just him, so while your going through, look for the shot of the guitar/bango guy at the end and you should see DH.

Mama Nicole
09-13-2007, 12:23 PM
hey girls :)
Carrie.....you are going to have to post a picture of the little one :) I am sucha baby freak! I do try to appreciate my time with the kids.....but you see, I had them young.......and I had them old......lol......so somedays I feel a little burned out......but for the most part, it's all good. My ODD is growing up sooo quick.........and I jsut hate it. I am very much looking forward to time with DH, as we got married with 3 kids already....so it will certainly be a second honeymoon for us when the kids are all gone :) But, the thought of letting them all go.............that is tough. They are my life.

So, I have been thinking, and I may get a lower body lift in a year or so. I have been looking online.......and it is sooo tempting. After seeing how thrilled Kim#2 is with her TT............I am considering it more and more. I just have to be successful with my business, cuz I DO NOT want another loan........I want to be able to afford it. It seems it cost less than most cars....so it is not completely unattainable..........but who knows. Well have to see what DH thinks about it :)

Anyway........I am not exactly getting much work done here........so I really should get going.........

Thanks for reminding me, Liz, about Dan........I was just messing around anyway :)

Jillian..........just ban the sclae for a few days, and work hard, and feel good about the fact that you are working hard..........and it will pay off. It has to:)

Ok, back to work :)
XOXO

Joni135
09-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Carrie - congrats on your DGS - I can hear how excited you are in your posts!

Agraygirl - welcome..lots of gals on here from TN...they meet for coffee and everything.

Kristen - my princess party invite must have gotten lost in the mail :-) You'll definitely have to post a couple pictures and I'm sure Jillian will be on her best behavior, especially if you put a couple benadryl in her mini birthday cake!

Hi Nicole; Hi Deb - thanks for asking about Charlie dawg...he's doing great. The latest chemo drug seems to be working as his swollen lymph has gone down substantially (or maybe it's the supplement stuff I'm also giving him). Take it one day at a time. Happy birthday to your furkids....another party invite that got lost in the mail!!

Hello to all...gotta run....busy....I forgot to buy oranges yesterday so I didn't do TO...tomorrow for sure. Scale seems to be moving in the right direction this week.

Heather115
09-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Hey folks!

Just saying a quick hello! It's been crazy busy, both at work and at home, and I finally just stole a few minutes to catch up on this thread here at work! I was going into withdrawal! Congrats to all the losers and hang in there to all those plateued or yo-yoing. I don't have enough time for personals right now, but even though nobody missed me, I still thought I'd let you know I'm alive and POP!;)

Dan2112
09-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Hey gang..

I'm here Nicole! Even when I'm not posting, I'm lurking, making sure y'all are staying true to plan! :lol:

So Liz went and joined Taekwon Do.. I think she plans to be able to kick my a$$ if I get out of line! I think this will be good for her, as it won't get boring like Curves and it's something she can share with the kids.. She and I can work out together on the punching bag in the garage as well..

Welcome to the newbies!! We've all been where you are right now.. Stick with it, don't let the plateaus frustrate you.. Watch your salt intake and vary your menu CONSTANTLY!!!!

As for me, things are status quo.. I've been hovering around 194-195 fairly consistantly, so things are good so far. I need to get back on my normal schedule before (post State Fair) before I can decide on whether or not to try to lose a little more. The last 15 lbs were such a pain, I may not worry about it. We'll see...

Sorry I'm not posting much in the way of personals, but I'm reading all and am pulling for you to succeed!!

Talk to you soon!

BarbaraB
09-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Dan, I'm glad the goal weight has "stuck". Are you planning on doing a stabilization?

Carrie, I'm feeling the empty nest now too. There is a big hole when they leave, but then again... I'm so proud of her and the person she has become and is becoming. I want that person to continue to grow and flourish, and part of that is being independent and making your own way in life... So it is both a little empty and a source of great pride and satisfaction to see them move on with their lives. Well, when you aren't grumbling after the tuition bills come due... LOL... University of Portland is not cheap, but she is so happy there, that I think it is worth it.

I decided the weight blip up after TO was due to getting back to exercising again... My weight always goes up after I've had a layoff and get back too it. Just got to stick with it, and it will come back down in a couple of days. It just surprises me every time it happens, and it always seems horribly unfair since I generally am being extra good when it happens. I'm trying to use my elliptical trainer at home more often, as you burn about 600 calories in an hour there, so 5 hours a week of that is 3000 calories, and that has to tip the scale in my favor eventually.

Dan2112
09-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Barbara... My problem is that I really don't know how to start stablization. I know I can start adding more green veggies, so that's not the problem, and I've been having a little more starch than I was in the past, but other than that, what do I do?

amylou7777
09-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Wow- where is everyone today? I came online to take a break from class to find no new posts!! I am dragging today...Thurs is my longest day...and classes seem to be taking forever!

I got the guy in the cafeteria to make me some sauteed veggies tonight. I swear there is nothing on plan in the cafeteria except the salad bar, and right now with the plat. buster I'm not doing condiments, so I needed a tasty way to get my veggies in! He looked at me kinda strange, as most everyone else orders a burger, fries, chicken fingers, etc, etc--but he did it and it was SO good! I still need a protein..but will have to have some chicken when I get home later.

Dan-congrats on your stabalization and I hope you figure out maitenence soon!

Alright, back to class....hope everyone is having a great night!

bayoubelle68
09-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Oh, my! I have been in such a dirty blue funk all day! I awoke this morning to see that it was raining hard and had been for a few hours. I came to the computer to check the radar and saw the Humberto had made land along our coastline and was causing all of this rain and that it was supposed to go on ALL day long. Got the kids up and dressed. DH got up and came to watch the news. Suddenly, there was the ticker at the bottom of the local morning show: The following schools are closed today: I immediately went into a silent chant of "Please say Rapides Parish Schools!!!" The ticker continued: Allen Parish Schools, Beauregard Parish Schools, Vernon Parish Schools. Rapides Parish Schools... Whoo Hooo!!! ...are open. Aw, crap!

I was deflated to see that our superintendent had decided to keep our schools open. I was also worried about how our school was going to make 750 phone calls if the weather got bad enough during the day that they decided to shut the schools down. I hate when that happens because I just KNOW some kid is going to go home on the school bus and be all alone because his parents didn't hear the announcement or can't get home. Even worse, what if the child doesn't have a key and he is stranded?!

I spent the whole day teaching while looking out the window and waiting for an announcement. It never came. The winds were awful and the water was standing all over the roads, but we stayed in school! I wanted to be home with a big pot of soup on the stove and two kids snuggled under the blankets with me, watching movies!

DH is an insurance adjuster so this kind of weather is not his favorite thing in the world. If I could stay home and listen to the rain, I would love it!

amylou7777
09-13-2007, 11:13 PM
OH Felicia-that sounds horrible! I hate to tell you that today was the first "nice" day we've had in a while. No rain in sight, but it was dreadfully hot last week. Today it was beautiful. Too bad I was cooped up in classrooms all day long. At least it's supposed to stay cooler for the weekend. I hope Humberto gets the heck outta there soon! Mostly, I hope you and your family and students are safe!
How are things going now that you and DH are back on Red? Our center never changed to the numbered plans. I was kind of dissapointed after all of the hype, but it looks like they are staying with the old plan with a few little changes here and there.
You are SO close to being out of those threes! So exciting.

Alright, time to go home! Can you tell I was a lil bored this evening at school?

Lynx
09-14-2007, 06:59 AM
Dan and everyone else who is wondering about stabilization
Here is the info that Megan (Marzbe) posted for you, but I think you must have missed it with your traveling. I am pretty sure it was Megan... I saved it for myself for future reference.

Here is the informaton that the COD Gave me for stabalization.

Week 1:
Add unlimited Vegetables.

Week 2:
Add 1 Dairy Portion

Week 3:
Add 1 Fat
Add 1/2 Protein
Increase your Protein portion by 1/2 if you are following Green, Gold or Purple Plans" Called Center and talked to Catherine for clarification on the Protein portion addition since changing to new plans from colored plans. She said you should still increase your protein portion by 1/2.

Week 4:
Add 1 Fruit.
See Comment. Weigh Yourself. Review Weight Log for Week 1. If your weight today is within 3 pounds of the highest weight recorded during week one, add 1 Fruit. If it is over 3 pounds higher than highest weight during week 1, do not add Fruit. For Example, Highest Weight during week one is 125. Todays weight is 129, Do Not Add Fruit

Week 5:
Add 1 Starch
See Above comment from week 4. Note: If you did not add the Fruit from Week 4 you will need to chose either adding the Starch or the Fruit, but do not add both. So do you want a fruit or a starch?

Week 6:
Add 1 Fat
See Above comment from week 4. Note: If you did not add the Fruit or Starch from Week 4 and 5, you will need to choose either adding the Starch, Fruit or the Fat. So do you want a fruit, a starch or a fat?

Lynx
09-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Actually, I just found the actual post and it was Amy (Aguerin) that provided the info for you Dan. Sorry about that.

Dan2112
09-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks Lynn... Yes, I must have missed it with all the out of town stuff I was dealing with. Or maybe I did see it and it just didn't stick to my brain... Either way, I'm very appreciative for Amy tracking that down for me and for you digging it back up.. It gives me a starting point, that's for sure!

Have a great day all!!

Mama Nicole
09-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Good morning everyone :)

I am so happy it is friday......

I have to run some errands today and get a bit more sewing done, then off to the post office........and then I get to clean this nasty nasty house. I have not been making the kids do their chores very well this week........and I have been a sewing fool and/or running around town all week.......so it's pretty gross up in here. My laundry, however, is OWNED......as Dan would say. I guess you just can't have everything :)

Well, I WI this a.m., and it looks like, if I am super good, I may drop under 195 this weekend. I think it might be a good idea to have a tiny, and I mean tiny little weekend goal for myself. That way, I can concentrate on just being POP and getting to that tiny goal over the most challenging days of the week. I will let you know how that goes. My goal is to be at 194.8 on Monday morning. I think I can do it. If anyone else wants to join in......feel free :)

Ok, I am going to get real crazy and shower and put on makeup now. I will check in later.

I miss all of my friends that haven't been comming around lately. YOu know who you are. :)
XOXO

healthy2b
09-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone.....

Felicia - I'm sorry the weather has been so bad for you....but I do know what you mean by wanting to go home and snuggle and watch movies. I love to be home when it storms and you can just watch movies and eat popcorn and suggling is the best part.

Amy - I think you are lucky that your center didn't change to the numbered plans. I haven't budged the scales since changing over and I hate it. I asked if I could go back to the colored plan and they said no. They are going to have to do something soon or I'm going to have a big fat fit.....I didn't pay LAWL to gain on their new plan...ugh!!! sorry....I had to vent for a second!

Nicole - congrats on the weight loss success your having......I hoping it will rub off on me.....

Friday is here....yay!!! I have to go to Denver next week for 5 days and I know I will have a hard time staying on plan but I'm going to try really hard. I'm thinking of going back on the colored plan without telling COD just to see what happens...then if I lose I'm going to tell them so maybe they will agree to let me switch back officially. I don't know....we'll see ......

zambejaly5
09-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Happy Friday.

I am right here Nicole. Hee hee, you were talking about me!, right? Just kidding......

only three weeks til my SIL wedding. I was 207 when I started LAWL in Nov. of 05, I was 223 when I restarted LAWL in March of this year and felt I had plenty of time to see 145 by the wedding. now here we are with three weeks to go and I am 215. wow! that worked out great didn't! I hate to say it, but I am done with LAWL. they closed my center gave me the run around every time I went in there, changed entire staffs on me at least 5 times in the last 2 years. and I now weigh more than I did when I initially started. I am going to put together my own plan. exercise, water, watch protions, eat Lean Cusine when I am lazy. and write everything down. I am going to focus on eating healthy, low sugar, no saturated fats, avoid processed, fried and fast foods. and I am getting of this diet merry go round. if I lose great, if not, then I will deal with that, but I am through beating myself up. I will still be on here, LAWL or not, you guys are the best support around. and I will still glean the benifits of all you tidbits of wisdom.

ok....... enough. Hope you all have a great weekend. this is the last two days that we have before DH starts his job YIPPIE!! and monday morning he leaves really early for Kansas City. (nicole, his new company has three offices. one in KC, the new one they are openning here In AR, and one in St, Louis!) He will be gone all week. so I am going to take advantage of having my own schedaul next week and get myself on my own new plan.

POP to you all!

BarbaraB
09-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Lettie, I eat frozen meals all the time! As long as I pay attention to how much sodium they have, I don't see what the big issue is. I bring them to work for lunch most days. I recently found the Kashi ones that you buy at Costco to be a pretty good thing. I mean it is high fiber and portion controlled and not too high in sodium. LAWL doesn't have any magic potion to make weight loss easy. No one does (or they would make SO much money). We'll be here for you, keeping you company as you figure out how to manage your weight.

Dan, I always thought maintenance should add more starch in than it did. 1 lousy starch. They did give me a new menu with all sorts of things on it with the exchanges, but they told me to only go to that at the end of stabilization. The biggest change is that pasta and rice servings are 1/2 cup per starch.

I would think since you've been stable for about a week, you should add in the extra dairy. I LOVED the extra dairy, it was the best addition ever, and it does give you more protein. Go buy yourself some SF Jello pudding and cheese sticks or go and have a latte at starbucks.

bradleys mom
09-14-2007, 02:06 PM
HI everyone! Hope you all are having an awesome day! It is finally raining here! We need it so bad, we are negative 15'' with our rainfall this year. Major drought! However along with the rain came my sinus infection! I feel like my head is retaining water, Hope that doesnt add to my weigh in tomorrow! HAPPY FRIDAY!:carrot:

Dan2112
09-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Well, I'm up for more dairy.. I usually knock that out with my lite and fit smooties, but if I can start having a glass of milk with my cookie, um, I mean my lite bread, that would be great... I miss having milk with a meal, but the yogurt keeps me from getting breakfast burritos, if you know what I mean..

the extra starch will help as well..

Now I have to stop obsessing with the scale.. There's no way I'm going to stay 194 every single day.. I was mad when I got on today and was at 195...

:lol:.. Somebody smack me!!

Repo girl
09-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Should we give Liz the honor?

Mama Nicole
09-14-2007, 02:58 PM
ha ha, Katie.........smack that.......

BarbaraB
09-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Dan, the extra starch is towards the end of stabilization so I would hold off on that and try to hold the line to where you were on weight loss, just adding in the extra veggies and the dairy for now. Each week they weighed you in and checked for within the 3 pound range to see if you qualified for the next extra portion. If you weren't in the 3 pound "limit" you stretched out the stabilization for another week. So it is not uncommon for stabilization to go on for more than the 6 weeks it is advertised for.

So no freaking out until you hit 197, 195 is GOOD!

Joni135
09-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Amy - Cheers for you ordering sauted veggies!! You set a great example.
Felicia - I'm with you on staying home curled up in bed during a good rainstorm...we're getting some good ones today.
Lynn - thanks for posting the stabilization info....someday it will come in handy!
Lettie - your plan sounds good....and coming around here every so often will certainly help you keep focused...you can join the challenges and I swear it just keeps you more focused if you check in with us. You know, when Dan is out of town, Liz loses more weight than when he's in town....husbands can be fattening to have around. I need to ship mine somewhere...any takers?
Nicole - you're looking mighty fine all clean and made up!
Dan - Liz is too nice to smack him...so
:frypan:
:stars:
:lol:

Kim0303
09-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Just checking in. Read all the updates. Have a great weekend!!!

Dan, we will let Liz have the honor. But I know what you mean. I do not want it to go up at ALL!!!!

Raining here. Going to snuggle up in bed and watch tv. Dad called and wanted to go to the mountains and watch it rain. Told him that was OK I have a nice bed with a feather comforter and I am going to crash. You say feather comforter. Yes, it is always under 70 in my house fall, winter, spring, summer.

brittyboo07
09-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Ok so I am so going to have to make myself a note to check this board nightly lol. I just cant keep up doing it every other day lol.

I went and WI this morning well it was almost noon. Anyway i was down 1.8 lbs from my last visit which was back on July 20. I was happy with this considering that I have been eating breakfast out, lunch at school, drive-thru snacks on the way home. I was actually shocked that there was a loss at all. And on top of all that TOM arrived about an hour after I left the center so I am thinking that my loss might be a little bit more than that. But I will stick with the 1.8 lbs!!!

I am going to sit down in a minute and plan out my menu for next week for the each day (breakfast through dinner). Normally I will plan dinner and then breakfast and lunch is just whatever but I have to plan better. I am staying on the old red plan as well the center said I did not have to change and if this plan was working for me then I should stick with it.

Ok I will stop back by this afternoon/evening and tomorrow to see if I can keep myself caught up. I am off to finish up lesson plans for september!!!

JLem311
09-15-2007, 04:26 PM
hey y'all! back from my trip. it was a great time. the kids are getting so big and growing and learning new things. it's amazing. :)

i went to COD today and had the best WI...because i made it to my 40lbs today! actually i made it to 41lbs! yay! i'm so excited and pleased with myself and feel so great. :) i was struggling with 208 for a few weeks and finally hit 205. wow. haven't seen these low numbers in years. it's taken me about 7 months to lose 40lbs and i should've hit my original 50lb goal at the end of july, but life happens and slips happen. but i've continued on and am still making progess. slowly but surely and that's all that matters.
DH was so excited to see my face after i broke my plateau! i jumped on him and tackled him i was so happy! :)

anyways, just wanted to report my great news! gotta catch up on the previous posts and i'm gonna get a new pic on here too.

hope everyone's enjoying their weekend.

zambejaly5
09-15-2007, 04:59 PM
wow, 4 posts in 24 hours!! that must be a record slow for us!! where is everybody.

so far doing it my way I have lost 2 lbs. So I guess I will finally get my ticker up to date.

Going out to PF Changs tonight with DH and our best couple friends. (he is my husbands best freind she is my best friend....... best friends-couple........ couple best friends.??? you get the point) anyway. we are going on a double date to celebrate DH's new job. our friends just got back from 10 days in Hawaii..... must be rough, right! and this is the first chance that we will have to celebrate with them... so we are going out..... NO KIDS! we are leaving our 5 and thier 1 at our house...... I hope we have a house to come home to!

it is cold and rainy here today. so I think I will go cuddle up with a book or a kid or a dog or a cat.......DH?? something......

catch ya later.

zambejaly5
09-15-2007, 05:01 PM
wow, Jillian, I just looked at your before and after face on your profile!!! you are a different person! good for you and congrats on the 40+!!

brittyboo07
09-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Wow it is a slow weekend. Now this I could probably keep up with HAHA! Anyway I just had a little getting back on plan victory! I made myself a salad as a snack instead of grabbing the tortilla chips or popcorn. I dont know if its the weather change or what but i have been so not in the mood to do anything oh wait maybe it is TOM that is doing that oh well.

Jillian: CONGRATS!!!! Keep it up!!!

Lettie: have fun on your double date!

hope everyone is having a great weekend its half over already :(

Mama Nicole
09-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Whooohoooo Brit, Jillian, and Lettie!!! This is fantastic news. I am proud of all of you.......and of me too. I have stayed OP so far this weekend. This is a pretty big deal for me :) I am super excited to get on the sclae on monday. We can do this, we can do this, we can do this :)
Have a great rest of the weekend everyone ;)
XOXO

Kim0303
09-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Jillian, Way to go! Congratulations!!! Awesome! I know I will be very excited to hit the 40pound lose. I will be excited to hit 20 and 30 pound loss!

Nicole, yeah for staying op.

I am ticked at myself because I a some of my mother's home made spagetti while Florida was beating us to death!!! Must have been emotional eating! No. I didn't have that much but got on scale today and was up 2 pounds!!! How in the world can that happen when it takes a week to lose that 2 pounds!!! GRRRRR

I won't do that again. I just weighed in at my lowest and then went back up according to my scale.

Keep OP everyone. Got to get ready for church. Later.

JLem311
09-16-2007, 01:12 PM
hey everyone! just checking in for the day. not much happening. just relaxing and needing to do some laundry and unpack my bag from my trip. gotta go back to work tomorrow afternoon, so not too bad.

i posted a new avatar pic and a new profile pic of the kids! :)

bayoubelle68
09-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Jillian - your new avatar pic is gorgeous! And your kids are absolutely adorable! Congrats on your 41 pounds!

At my WI on Wednesday, I was up 3 lbs. I wasn't really shocked because of all of the non-program food we ate at DH's birthday party on Saturday - and at our Sunday School luau on Sunday. I was retaining so much fluid that my ankles actually felt tight and my rings - which had been very loose - were suddenly so tight I couldn't even turn them on my finger. When I went back yesterday, the 3 lbs were gone, so I'm back to teetering on the edge of of the 2's. I'm hopeful that I will be in Two-Topia at my next Saturday WI.

DH and DS have gone to DS's twice-weekly run clinic, so DD and I have the house to ourselves for a couple of hours. Speaking of DD, she's very quiet. I'd better go see what she's up to!!

JLem311
09-16-2007, 07:28 PM
wow felicia! you're so close to the 2's that you will get there this week! great job! i hate it when i eat something a bit too salty and i feel so puffy. ick. keep up the great work though!

thanks for all the compliments and congrats for me on my 41lbs. it felt great..definitely will keep me going!

Joni135
09-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Britt - you are right..it's quiet here this weekend, but sure made it easy to catch up! My weekend was jam packed and the weather was gorgeous...a slight chill in the air. I went to yoga this morning (suffice it to say, I'm the worst in the class) and then had a tennis match this afternoon and we won!!

Felicia - you can shake off that gain....just think protein, veggies and lots of water! What's a run clinic?

Jillian - a big congrats on surpassing that 40 lb mark. You're looking mighty hawt in that avatar and your children are so cute!! Whose the photographer in your family...you or DH?

Nicole - yeah for you...can't wait to hear the good news you get from your scale.

Lettie - hope you had a great time at your double date and the house was still standing..I love PF Changs!

Kim #3 - I hear ya...it takes hours on the treadmill to work off a small eating indiscretion. You'd think after 40 years of doing this, the lightbulb would go off...but it hasn't. I guess I'm just a glutten for punishment.

So, trying to be good, I prepared tilapia tonight and it was gross. I rinse my fish in a lemon water and thought it would be a good idea to let it sit in the fridge in lemon water for four hours while I went to play tennis. I like lemon, but this was just bad. DH ate it and I tossed most of my dinner. I still have a bunch left (was going to be for tomorrow), but I'm going to have to doctor this up if I'm going to eat it. Sometimes I think I'd be better off just buying a rotessiere chicken ever couple days and living off those. Lately, when I cook healthy, it's been a disappointment. No wonder I like frozen meals.

That's about it from me. If you are a Dr. Oz fan, he'll be on Oprah tomorrow (Monday) talking about the The Truth about Food.

bayoubelle68
09-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Joni - Our kids are involved in a local running program called Rapides Junior Runners. It's one of the largest running groups for kids in the country (amazing for our relatively small area) and it consists of five races from October to March. There are usually around 1500 kids at each race. The races involve ages up to 14 who run a 2-mile race. Elizabeth started last year when she was two and ran the 1/2 mile. This year is Christopher's third year and because he's six, he's moving up to the mile.

Also this year, they are having twice-weekly run clinics for the kids involved. They do stamina drills and speed and balance work. It has been really great for Christopher - as long as Michael (DH) doesn't work with him. They tried working together the first week and Christopher absolutely would not listen to Michael, so Michael goes to work with other kids and lets another coach work with Christopher. It seems kids never want to listen to their own parents!! Christopher has a daddy who has competed in over 3 dozen triathlons, but he won't listen to any work out advice from him!!

Our photography company takes all the finish-line shots for the events, so I'm involved, too, even though I don't run yet!!

JLem311
09-16-2007, 09:38 PM
joni--sorry to hear about your tilapia. wonder what went wrong? just too much lemon maybe? bummer anyways. maybe some homemade tarter sauce with ff mayo or something would help? idk. not a big help since i'm a vegetarian. thanks for the comments on my pics. dh takes some pics but i do most of them actually. :) it took me about 20mins and about 15 pics to get a few good ones of the kids together. but the ones where they're making faces or looking away are actually the greatest ones! too cute! i kept them all!

ok, gonna go to bed. hope the weekend was great for everyone.

and nicole--can't wait to see what the WI results are!

bradleys mom
09-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey! Just came on before going to bed to wish everyone a POP week!

Good Night!! :)