Old 09-07-2007, 02:58 AM   #1  
Bri

S/C/G: 243/241/155

Height: 5'7

Unhappy Losing my motivation

I hate feeling so blah. For the past few weeks since I can home from the hospital, I just feel unmotivated. I use to go to the gym religiously, for months, and lost 40 pounds. Yesterday I looked at my weight and it went up, Im seriously bummed. I totally ate fastfood today, I kinda feel like giving up. I want to be hopeful, but how when I dont see my body changing! Someone give me some advice, im really wanting this, but becoming lazy. My husband is gone so I have noone I know going through this too! P_L_E_A_S_E!!!

Last edited by usmcwifeand4kids; 09-07-2007 at 02:59 AM.
usmcwifeand4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

First of all... WOW look at how far you have come! 40 pounds is amazing! To me, weight loss shows great strength and self control in a person. If you can lose 40 pounds then you can definitely keep going! Why would you want to sabotage what you have worked so hard for? Think back to when you were losing that first 40 pounds, think of the motivation you had then and think about the reasons you had for doing it, and about how good you felt about yourself everytime you stepped on the scale and found you were lighter! It's an amazing feeling. I know goal seems so far away, it does for all of us, but the day will come, you just have to keep your head up and look forward! All of us fall off track every now and then but the important thing is to get right back on! You can do it, you've already proved to yourself that you are capable, just keep up the hard work and try not to get so down on yourself. The fact that you got on here and posted shows that your not ready to give this up! We are all here for support and we know that you can do this!
Also, I said this in another forum but I'm going to repeat myself because it may help. I was also getting a little off track and unmotivated not too long ago, I stopped plugging my food into the Daily Plate, but as soon as I started plugging my foods back into that website, I started to get right back on track. I guess there is something about seeing all of the foods I eat staring back at me on my computer screen that gets me motivated to do better. Also, I'm more likely to put down the junk food simply, because I do not want to plug it into my daily plate! So if you have a daily plate account, I reccomend you use it, this might have the same effect on you! If you don't have one, go to thedailyplate.com and just set up an account, it's really simple and has just about every food you can imagine!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

very well said...hang in there!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Whenever I'm lacking on motivation, I come here and look at the pictures of people who've lost the weight and are now maintaining. It never fails to re-inspire me.

I'd add more, but Casey said it all so well! Find that source of motivation that made you lose the 40 pounds, recapture it, and continue working towards your goal. You can do it!

Last edited by MarinePrincess; 09-07-2007 at 11:55 PM.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:03 AM   #5  
Stresse stressed stressed

S/C/G: 250/165/130

Height: 5'3"

Wow, Casey said it so well, I can't even add anything.
CrazyAva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

I agree. Get motivated by looking at others. I had done really well for two weeks, then had a snack attack of junk. For two days, I was off balance. But as soon as I got up this morning, I started visiting the blogs of gals who were as big as me and have lost their weight, most or all. That reminds me that it can be done. That to lose some ground is normal--a setback--but to give up means you'll lose ALL THE PROGRESS and that's tragedy.

So, focus on the success--what you HAVE lost--and tell yourself that no matter what you won't lose it and waste your hard work. Go read articles online. Go read blogs of fatfighters. Browse here and see who is motivated and try to get "infected".

And plan your meals for the next three days. Just sit down with a pen and paper and plan out your meals down to the snacks and beverages. Then post that on your fridge and a copy on your bathroom mirror along with something encouraging like "I MADE IT DOWN FORTY, I'LL MAKE IT DOWN 40 more!"

And tell yourself right now NO JUNK FOOD TODAY. Not one bite of junk or fast food today. Just keep telling yourself that. I know how the urges can bite. Wow. Do I. And I'm nowhere near as close to the mark as you. You're soooooo much closer than I am. So, remember...you're winning. You're ahead.

Hope you feel your motivation coming back right now. God bless,

Mir
Mirtika is offline   Reply With Quote