100 lb. Club - Hmmm. Wish me luck!

View Full Version : Hmmm. Wish me luck!

RoyalAthena
09-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey all!

I have not been out to eat in ages! I dont count Taco Bell and Pizza Hut because I know what I can eat there.... I know the calories and fat of what I am eating BUT today I have been intvited out to eat and I don't know anything about the places I have to choose from. I decided on Bahama Breeze. So, I am going wild. The first thing I did when I got home was google them on the net. I am trying to get anything that is considered healthy...which we all know is a toss up ata resturant.They really didnt provide much info on the net. I am going to try and be good but I have never been to this resturant before so maybe I will splurge. If I splurge, I know I will feel the guilt because it will halt my weight loss for the upcoming week. It is a catch 22 because either I will over indulge or NOT fully enjoy the new dining experience by being too careful with meal choices. Anywho, wish me luck because after this meal, I know I will have a slight bout of depression :( I thought I had gotten over foods' hard hold on me. Apparently not!

xFLUFFYx
09-02-2007, 03:20 PM
This happened to me a few weeks ago. I went to Denny's and had one of their dishes from their new 15 minute lunches. It was very delicious, the Chicken Gordon Blue Sandwich, but I did feel guilty afterward thinking to myself that I could of probably of made a better choice..when I got home I went to the Denny's website to look up the damage I had done..and to some relief..they did not have any nutritional content for these new lunch menu's.

I think it's ok to splurge a little as long as we don't get into a habit of doing it many times during the month. My little splurge at Denny's didn't do any damage but it's definetly something that I won't be doing every single week either.

Compromise...make 90% of your food choices today be good ones..and allow yourself 10% to splurge a little.

xFLUFFYx
09-02-2007, 03:27 PM
oh..and here's another idea...portion control.

You could order anything from the menu that you wanted..but not eat it all. You can ask the waitress for a "to go" box and when the meal comes, put some of it in the box and eat the rest...

or..substitue..

When I ordered the Chicken from Denny's..I substitued the fries for soup instead. That may be an option you could do.

Whatever you decide to do, don't dwell on the decisions you make today...have fun with your friends

Cassie501107
09-02-2007, 03:51 PM
I agree, just have fun and don't beat yourself up...this way of eating is a life-long thing, so you'll be right back on track after the meal.:hug:

RoyalAthena
09-03-2007, 02:06 AM
Thanks Fluffy and Cassie!!

I did have fun when we went out to eat... We ended up going to Claim Jumpers (with same difficult choices) BUT I was able to make a decent choice. I ordered half a rotisserie chicken ( I only ate the leg and thigh) with rice. It was great. The ONLY thing that I ate that was not a great choice was a mozzarella stick. These sticks are huge!! One stick is about 2 or 3 of an average stick.... I drank LOTS of water. I am very satisfied with the choices I made. I didnt EVEN want the other stuff (other people's fattening food) that was set on the table.

Thanks again for the support!!!

Gale02
09-03-2007, 02:15 AM
Ann, it sounds like you had a good time and made great decisions. WTG! No guilt for you today... :)

LaurieDawn
09-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Ann -

I missed your original post, but WTG on the guilt-free choices! It's so tough to negotiate. I have actually figured out exactly what I can order on the menu at the restaurant my husband and I go to regularly, and it is disgustingly healthy and tasty (AND the servers know that I will politely send it back if they fail to follow my requests), but I still can't help but wonder "what-if..." I agree with Fluffy, though. It's not about perfection - it's just about awareness and making good choices enough of the time to sustain your weight loss efforts. Sounds like you accomplished it. Kudos!