South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 05:50 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Clucking - August 16

Good morning! I need to mainline the coffee this morning as I'm pretty tired. Of course wakening at 3 and tossing and turning didn't help! I am hoping to sneak in an afternoon nap.

Quickie just to do the Lucy Report.

She seems improved slightly but the problem still exists. The doc at the Ottawa Clinic seems to have ruled out lungs and heart and is sort of iffy on allergies. We are going to try another antihistamine for two weeks - human which is much cheaper! The whole medical team suspects some sort of problem in the nasal passages. Next step, if the anti-histamine doesn't clear it, is a complete work-up with possible surgery for nasal polyps or Big-C bone problems. I got an estimate and am still in shock but she IS Lucy. We will wait the two weeks and then see.

Time for a tub and another coffee before I pull myself together. Today is the Kick-Off for the Doors Open Ontario event and a bunch of mucky-mucks will be visiting the village to pre-view our Heritage sites. It will totally take up the morning but I've opted out of the lunch. Ham, macaroni salad and Jello with fruit are not my favourites!

Catch y'all later. What's happening in your slice of life?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:13 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I hope Lucy is better soon. I know how worried we get over our babies and vet bills are a little over the top. One of my dogs has allergies and it is a constant battle trying to keep him from scratching constantly. We've tried everything to keep it under control. What human antihistamine are you trying? We tried benadryl..along with 4 different vets, shots,shampoos,powders, pills etc. Stitch gets little sores from scratching and so red around his little eyes. Luckily he LOVES baths with all the special shampoos.

Another busy day for me. I've been very good about trying to go to the gym everyday in the late afternoon for about an hour. For the first time, I came home sore yesterday. The front of my thighs are killing me. I dread having to think about sitting in those little tiny kindergarten computer chairs today when I have to start loading software. ouch.

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-16-2007 at 06:29 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,

Coffee is very much in demand! I woke up just after 2, and have tossed and turned since then. My arm was acheing and I just couldn't get comfortable. Of course now that I'm up, my arm is fine. Jake has been going in to work a little later this week, so it's been nice to have the coffee made by the time I make my way downstairs.
Nothing real exciting is going on today. Maggie has a dental appt that I have to take her to since Cindy is in Ireland, maybe we'll go to the Moonbounce Park since it's supposed to rain.

Ruth, Thanks for the Lucy Report, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her! Please continue to keep us updated. What is the Doors To Ontario event about?

Cat, I stumbled across that Agave Nectar in the supermarket yesterday, so I tried it with yogurt and toasted walnuts. Yum! Can we use it as a sub for honey in recipes?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:33 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post

Cat, I stumbled across that Agave Nectar in the supermarket yesterday, so I tried it with yogurt and toasted walnuts. Yum! Can we use it as a sub for honey in recipes?
I would think so. I found a health food store in the little town where I teach yesterday. I picked up another bottle of the stuff. She was telling me that it is great for diabetics as a replacement for sugar and honey. I just love it on yogurt. I got some "regular" no fat yogurt the other day at the grocery store and while I like the greek stuff a little better, it is still heaven with agave and nuts on it. I am about out of my almond stash, so I need to order another big bag soon along with some pecans. My Mother sends me bags of them around the holidays and I reorder in between.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:36 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning chicks.... it is looking pretty gloomy here again today, although yesterday started this way as well and then the sun came out for a bit in the afternoon.

Ruth- I hope the new allergy pill work for Lucy. I read somewhere about getting a plan for your animals kinda like blue cross. Take care and you make sure you have your nap.

Femme- Good morning. Hope your thighs don't scream at you for sitting in those little chairs.

Me- I am tired and kinda crabby, bloated and sore Boobs, I just wish TOM would just hurry up and get here.

Remember Chicks it is only..........

Old 08-16-2007, 06:39 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Cottage- Sorry to hear about your rotten sleep, and glad your arm is better this am. What is a moonbounce park. Sounds like fun.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

LC, good morning! The Moonbounce Park is an indoor playground that has nothing but those huge inflated playground equipment in it. There's huge slides, junglegyms, a maze-type thing, trampoline, etc., and it's all bouncy and padded. The kids can't get hurt, except if they run into each other. I even take little Carley there, and she just loves it. They have them all over the place around here. It's a great place to spend the day when the weather is ugly, and they have a cafeteria there, too.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:28 AM   #8  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Good morning ladies!
LC-You always have the greatest graphics. Where do you get them?
Cat-I hope your legs are feeling better. I always seem to feel it 2 days after a good work out and not right away. Cottage-Enjoy the Moonbounce PArk. I have never heard of such a thing. I bet the kids love it. Ruth-I hope your Lucy is better soon and that she only has allergies and nothing else. I will keep her in my thoughts.
Me-Another busy work day. We've had a new hire that started on Monday and I have been training her on my part of her job. I do all the purchasing for a software company, so yes I shop all day and get paid for it. DH and I have a going away for our friend Caroline who has been living with us for the summer. The only downside of the party is it is at my old job and not really looking foward to seeing most of the people I used to work with. There is a reason I left after all.

I got my bike tuned up yesterday so we'll definitley be getting out for a ride this weekend.

Only 1 more day until the weekend. Hope everyone has a great day!

Sheila
Old 08-16-2007, 07:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 208/204/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning Ladies- I know I have been an infrequent visitor to the boards. I've been on vacation and have had my family visiting from NL all last week. Now I'm suffering empty nest syndrome and am desperate to get back on track. I cut back on carbs all week and have started strict phase 1 today. I am determined to be around more because you guys are great at keeping people motivated!

I hope everyone has a great day! It's a little cool here on the east cost today and its suppose to rain tonight but its calling for sun and more sun this weekend! Yeah!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all. Quick check in before I prepare my salad for lunch, get dressed and hit the road. I just had FireFly's sweet eggs for breakfast -- yum!
Back on plan today. Wish me luck!!
Sonja
Old 08-16-2007, 08:16 AM   #11  
RNMOM

Default G'Morning girls

I too have the "didn't sleep well syndrome" last night. My jaw is hurting from a dental procedure done on Monday. DH is in Indiana this week and I dont' like sleeping alone either.

Ruthie, muckiemucks are too much for me. Good luck dearie! Hugs to Lucy.

femme, I'm feelin' for ya, large muscle groups that are sore are so hard to hide, you know walk normally that sort of thing. Motrin and tylenol and lots of water. Maybe you can borrow Ruth's cabana boy and he can massage them for ya.

Little chick, sorry about the impending TOM visit....maybe you can borrow Ruth's cabana boy too. Give you someone to yell at! Hugs

cottage, I wish I would have known you couldn't sleep, we could have gotten together to go shopping or something fun like that. Hope you have a restful day or a hard working, sweat dripping day so that you fall asleep exhausted tonight.

Shequila, ride that bike for me too will ya? How fun to shop all day at work. Too bad it has to be software, shoes would be my preference.

LisaCB, stick with a few days of strict phase one and you'll be amazed! You can do this, drink LOTS of water, helps flush out nasty toxins. Hang in there!

slisette, I'll have to search for firefly eggs. I'm running out of breakfast ideas so I'm boring with the same old thing every day. It's easy and I don't have to think about it, but it's boring.

Well, I'm going to attempt a run, the skies are overcast here and hopefully it will be blessedly cooler. I'll have a boiled egg and V8 for breakfast. I plan on going out to the garden and eating what I have growing out there. I'll grill a pepper on the grill, have a tomato and lots of cucumbers. Maybe some mozarella cheese for protein. I'm painting my daughter's room today and if I have enough energy I'll do my hallway as well.
Well, off to conquer the day. Hugs to all!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 191/183/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning all! Just a quick check-in for me today. I have so much to wrap up at work before I leave, I've been putting in 11-13 hrs a day this week. Needless to say, I need some extra coffee.

Zumba tonight at the gym! If you haven't tried Zumba and you get the chance, you should check it out. It's the most fun I've ever had in a group exercise class!

Wishing everyone an OP day!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:44 AM   #13  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

Greetings All,

Hope you don't mind if I join in. I'll be starting SBD this weekend after my weekly grocery shop. I'm sorta starting now by weaning myself off the crappy stuff I normally eat.

About me: I'm 44, turning 45 this month, and I'm OK with that. I'm married to a quiet, nerdy, nice guy whom I've been with for over 15 years. We are childless by choice, but have 3 pets--1 Sheltie, 1 Maine Coon Cat, 1 Redtail Boa. Hubby and I both work with computers.

Nice to "meet" you all.
Tamara
Old 08-16-2007, 08:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning Ladies! Where has the week gone? It has been such a whirlwind with my daughter moving back and getting her in school!

RuthHope Lucy responds well to the new medicine!
Cat I have an itcy dog too, insits on scrathing his hiney on the foot stool, the kids tease him that he has hemroids! Poor baby! Hope those little chairs don't do you in today.
Cottage Have fun today!
LC Here's hoping TOM arrives soon so you can get back to normal! How unfair we face this every 28 days!
Lisa & Tamara Welcome Back and Welcome!
Shelia & Sonja Have a great day!
RN What the heck is hubby doing here in Indiana, there isn't a darn thing here to do!
Betty Do tell us what this zumba is?

Me - same s... different day here at work! Still drowning in paperwork! Weight is finally back to pre TOM and pre class reunion binge! WHOOO HOOO!
Have a great day ladies and will power dust to all!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:59 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick hello! Gotta get ready for work and train a newbie!

I ate out last night and I'm STILL miserable. My body does NOT like greasy food anymore. I still feel like I could throw up. I didn't even eat it all. Moooaaaannn.

Slept ok though once I got the sharp pain in my gut to subside for the night. Thank God for my Sleepytime Tea.

Hope you girls have a great day. Talk soon!

Lisa
Closed Thread