South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 06:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday - Hump Day Chat

Good Morning Chicklets!

Another beautiful morning, and we're mid-way through the week, whoo-hoo!

We had a houseful yesterday, all the kids and grandchildren were here all day along with Audrey & Maggie. The pool sure did get a workout! I know the kids all had a blast, and I bet they all slept well last night. We grilled hot dogs, burgers and veggie burgers, and had that with fresh sliced tomatoes and corn-on-the-cob, and topped it off with watermelon for dessert. It was a good old summertime cookout, not exactly OP for SBD, but a nice treat.

Today will be a lot quieter, we don't have anything planned for the day, yet. The temps are supposed to climb back into the 90's, so we may end up here in the pool again.

How's your day shaping up?
Old 08-15-2007, 06:24 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Slept in until six! How decadent! Lucy and I are leaving for the vet in Ottawa in an hour. Of course her breathing sounds nearly back to normal this morning.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:25 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Cottage, you beat me this morning. . Your day yesterday sounds like it was wonderful. Mine was fairly quiet, the kids and I played outside yesterday playing Simon Says with lots of push ups jumping jacks and crab walks, I love it when I can get them to exercise and they don't even relise they are.

Me- Nothing planned so far today. And I may just leave it that way. Well I must dash for now and read the rest of the posts from yesterday before the chicklets start arriving.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:26 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

Morning Ruth we were posting at the sametime. I hope you and Lucy have a nice visit at the Vet, does she like going or not. My Jake is not a big fan but Howie does not mind going at all.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:29 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Theresa, I envy you with all of the family around. I can't wait to have grandchildren...it is just too quiet in my house nowadays!!!!

I have another busy day ahead. Parent orientation at school today then zoom back here for job 2.

I got a great "gift" from my Mom yesterday. If you have a minute, there is a story to go along with the attached picture.

My parents had a bunch of pictures of Daddy from when he was in India in WWII (he was also stationed in China). My aunt had borrowed the pictures to make copies and Mama could not remember if she had returned them or if they were all destroyed in Katrina. (My aunt lost everything...and she was the "keeper" of the family pictures.) I'm so glad I had copies of some of them especially the old tin types. There was one picture of my Dad in front of the Taj Mahal I just love. I never did have a copy of it and was heartbroken thinking I never would. Since the hurricane, Mama has been in North Carolina and 1/2 of her stuff is here and 1/2 with my sister..we divided everything up. Anyway, the other day she was going through yet another box and found all the pictures and sent me some copies of this precious 20 year old weatherman. Gawd, was he skinny. He was 6' tall and weighed 135lbs when he got home. Not much food in the jungle.

Ok, see the sandals on his feet? This is the sandals story. When the war was over another officer came in to their tent and told them to pack fast. Their trunks would be shipped home, but they had to pack one small bag and only had a few minutes to do it. Daddy had on those sandals, a khaki shirt, RAF shorts (those cute baggy ones the English officers wore) and a bush jacket.

On the way, the plane had a problem and they all had to quickly throw out their bags..Daddy's boots were in it along with his cigarette lighter. He never smoked, but always kept a lighter and cigs for other people. So, he got to New York and it was chilly and he was dressed for the jungle with his sandals on. He was walking down the street and saw some cheesecake in the window of a restaurant and was just staring at it. The owner came out and said "Sergeant, I want you to come in for a piece of my cheesecake". Daddy told him thankyou very much, but I'm dressed like this and I really need to hang on to my money because I'm still a long way from home. The man told him that it did not matter and that he wanted to give Daddy the cheesecake to thank him. So, Daddy goes in with the man and he brings him the cheesecake and Daddy said nothing had ever tasted so good. He and the man talked for a few minutes before the man introduced himself...Jack Dempsey.

It was a good thing that his trunk was not on the same plane..he had it crammed with all kinds of stuff he had gotten in India, like a gorgeous gold bracelet for his Mama. My aunt gave me the bracelet for Christmas a few years ago. Hopefully it will fit my wrist soon! I haven't tried it on in a while

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-19-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:30 AM   #6  
-

Morning Ruth and Chick..we were all posting together...us little early birds!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:34 AM   #7  

Good luck at the vet's today, Ruth! Isn't that the way it goes, the symtoms always seem to improve right before they see the doctor. I'm glad you are taking her anyway. This way it will put your mind at rest as to what's been going on with her. I hope the visit goes well.

Simon Says is a favorite game of ours, too, LC! Another game the girls like to play is Red Light. I'm really enjoying your graphics, it's a treat to see what you're going to post up each day.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:42 AM   #8  

Femme, thank you for sharing the picture and story with us! That's funny that you referred to me as "Theresa", Schatzi used to do that, too. I guess if you look at my user name, it kinda does look like Theresa.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:44 AM   #9  
-

Just realized that, Ms. Cottage...I guess we "sea" what we want to "sea"!!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:49 AM   #10  
Ready to Change

I love that story and pic femme, thanks for sharing. I just love family history.
Cottage- I just love posting the graphics for you girls each day. It makes me happy.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:55 AM   #11  

LC I agree, I look forward to scrolling down to see your graphic of the day.

Cottage What a fun day! I just love to have a houseful. I think I mentioned that our entire family will be together for Thanksgiving. My mom is going to be an emotional mess to have all her children and grandchildren together. There are four of us 2 "girls" (me 38, sis 27) and the two "boys (36 and 24). Then between my brother and I we have 5 girls ranging from 2-10. Good times!

Femme I love the story and the picture! I hope you have a great day.

Ruth Good luck at the vet. My kids do that a lot- I don't take them to the doctor's often, though, but when I do it is usually a virus that they can't do a thing for. Frustrating!!

Weezle Thinking of you girl! Hope you got a good night's sleep last night.

Me- The girls are going to preschool today. Meg is already awake, but the big girl is sound asleep. I am going to let her sleep a bit longer and then wake her up. I want to make the most of this day! I have to be at school for the morning, but I should be able to accomplish a TON without them there. I plan to work until about 2:00 or so, then I am going to run some errands ALONE! I would llike to do a bit of clothes shopping for myself, but it isn't in the budget this pay period. Oh well, I do have stuff to start the year off. Anyhow, Bible study was great last night- it is a great group of women and I get so much from them.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:04 AM   #12  

Good morning, Kiko! DO take the time to do something special for yourself today, you certainly deserve it.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey, thanks. I did have a good night's sleep. Maybe because I let my Sleepy Time Tea steep for 30 minutes.... might have had something to do with it.

It's another inventory day. Have I mentioned just how much I LOATHE inventory day? At least it's not as bad as last week. Plus, I got to sleep an extra 30 minutes. That's ALWAYS nice.

Well, I'd better get in the shower so I can get to work and start my inventory. Hope you have a great day girlies! Sorry no time for individual responses!

Lisa
Old 08-15-2007, 09:26 AM   #14  

Good Morning Girls,
Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I walked into work and got busy right away. I was so busy I don't think I posted! Hope everyone is doing well, are you all ready for this another drum roll for me I lost another 5 pounds, which will be 10 total. I am really proud of myself, I really do think I can do this. Hope everyone has a great day, it is to be 103 here today. I am glad I work inside.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

hey ladies
i'm sitting here letting the two boys fight with each other -- sometimes i think its better to let them sort it out. i think i just heard one apologize to the other without me telling him to -- woo hoo!!
hmmm...i'm pretty much back to starting weight. i just read Cat's post on another thread about putting the scale away...maybe i should too. The result of my reading the sad news on the scale today was that I got to work and ate 6 or 7 crackers while making lunch for the boys, and a lick of Jif peanut butter. Not constructive!!
so, anyway, grocery shopping this evening and back on plan. Scale's going in the closet.

cottage -- hope your unplanned day goes ok -- we have had a lot of those around here since camp ended. Today, we are going to the zoo...
ruth -- good luck at the vet!
LC -- ooh, have a nice relaxing day
Cat -- what is your other job?
Kiko -- have a great day to yourself!!
Lisa -- do you mind if i ask, what is it that you are having such sleeping issues? and sleepytime tea is a GODSEND!!! have you tried Valerian?
Bkstitch -- you are an inspiration!!! you go!!!
Closed Thread