Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 03:40 PM   #1  
too much of a good thing!

S/C/G: 209/ACK/less than200 initially

Height: 5' 5"

Default WW newbie

well I dithered for a long time but I finally took the plunge last week and signed up for WW! felt a bit nervous but everyone at the meeting seemed nice and I found someone I know there which was a bonus. She says she has lost a lot which was encouraging.

I decided I can;t do this alone, I need the structure and support, and the incentive of spending money so I have to make it worth my while LOL. WW has been around for a long time so must be getting something right, and I need to learn portion control which an acquaintance at the barn where my kids ride told me she has learned from WW.

I resisted the idea of recording food for the longest time, but I felt that the flex plan was the best way to learn portion control, so here I am writing stuff down and it isn;t as awful as i had feared. and I haven;t been as hungry as I feared either, in fact one night I was running around the kitchen at 9 pm looking for something to make up my points target!

it's only my first week, but I am hopeful ...
Old 08-15-2007, 11:07 AM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! Way to go on taking that first huge step and walking into a meeting. I know I was nervous as could be and intimidated by just the thought of it! Writing down your food can be hard at first, but it does become second nature and you won't really even think about it, you'll just do it. Evenings when you still have some points left look back over your log for the day and see if you're short on anything like milk servings, etc, and use those points to get them in! It's likely that during the next few weeks you'll find yourself getting fuller quicker and easier and you'll still have points left later in the evening....don't skimp out on them, make sure you still get them in. If you have trouble eating something "just to be eating it" and you're not actually hungry, finish out your day with a glass of milk! You won't feel like you've eaten something yet you'll use up those points. Good luck to you on your journey!
Old 08-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

Best of Luck. I have been on WW 16 weeks and things do fall right into place. I was thinking heavens I sure don't want to track and write everything down but after a couple of days you get used to it and it sure helps to keep you on track.
Tiffanie
Old 08-17-2007, 04:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Way to go. I know I hate writing it all down too but gotta or I don't do as well. I hope to go back to meetings soon money tight right now. So I'm doing it on my own. Can't wait to hear about your first weigh in.
Closed Thread