South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 06:13 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Tuesday Chick Chat

Join me in a cup of your fav beverage and let us know what is happening on your part of the beach today.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday On the Beach

Morning!

It's a race to see who's first on here today, I see there are several of us looking at the threads.

It was great to get back into the swing of things yesterday, and I was smothered by hugs and kisses from my girlies. It's great to have a job that I love and am appreciated at. We'll be spending the day at my house today, and Richard will pick them up this evening. Amber is having a "Mommy & Me" day today, but I'll call them later to see if she'd like to come over, too, and swim with the girls. It's her birthday today, so we'll bake some cupcakes and have a little party.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You win, LC! Good morning to you!
Old 08-14-2007, 06:44 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Chick and Cottage!
I have another busy day ahead. Yesterday was unreal..first day of school, then to the grocery store, then to my other job. Around 4 I realized that I was feeling kind of tired and that I can't go to the gym anymore at noon (it is empty at noon, so I never had to wait for machines). So I decided to go about 4:45 (it closes at 6) and it was a perfect time to go...only one other person there and she said it is always empty at that time. So I have decided to go Mon-Thursday at that time. That gives me time to come home and get dinner ready and work out of the way. I felt so much better when I left there. I can watch the news on tv while on the treadmill. perfect!

School was really great yesterday...all kinds of comments on my weight loss. I loved it! We have a new teacher and when I met her she was eating a piece of string cheese and she waved it and said "I started South Beach today". It will be nice to have a fellow beacher there to share with. Nice girl too!
Another teacher told us she has started a "liquid diet" I wanted to get on the SB soapbox but didn't. I know she is setting herself up for failure and more weight gain.

I need to get myself into the bathtub and get going...ya'll have a wonderful day.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:51 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

Morning Cottage, I never really look to see if anyone else is on before I post. But I am the winner yippee, I never win anything so I am taking this. As you can see it does not take much to make me happy.
I love my job too there is nothing better than hugs and kisses from the little ones that just love you. My two boys I look after don't want to go on vacation with thier dad they want to stay with me. Too funny. Well I must dash and get ready to face the day. Have good one.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:53 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

Have a great day Cat. We were posting at the same time. Don't you just love it when people tell you how good you look.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:07 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick! Somebody tell me how good I look! The great thing about having dogs is that they absolutely adore me no matter how I look.

We've had a weather change and it was actually cool this morning - 50ºF - so I didn't have coffee on the deck. I love days like this.

Odds and ends and other ends to take care of today as I go to Ottawa with Lucy tomorrow for the day. She is still wheezing but not as badly so I really could cancel and save the bucks but I sure would like some sort of diagnosis! If she were a kid, I'd say she has asthma but that can't be it as the broncho-dilator meds didn't make any difference.

Before the fruit flies take over, I need to freeze the rest of the basket of peaches I bought. (I still shop as if I am cooking for four!) I'll slice and freeze them in breakfast portions for those cold morning when I need a taste of summer. I also have too darn many green beans and more coming! Summer - gotta love it!

Hope your day is enjoyable and healthy!
Old 08-14-2007, 07:40 AM   #8  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Was a great day yesterday. Went with my daughter again and let her practice tennis. Which means, I hit 100's of balls to her and she hits me with them lol. Why don't I get the letter and the pins for my sweater i work just as hard, if not harder, than she does and I have the bruises to prove it lol.

That is about all the exercise I get but it is all i can stand lol.

Weigh in today and it is not going to be pretty. With a house full of company for the last 3 weeks I am sure I have put on some weight. I will come back in later and let you all know.

Camping this weekend was great. Pool all to our selfs and I just floated around. OK Shamoo ( remember the whale from sea world ) came to mind a few times but I didn't let it bother me like I use to. I enjoyed myself.

My husband has never cared about the weight gain. Says he loved me no matter how big I am and loves how I look. Even with all that has been all you great woman telling me I am OK for me to realize I AM OK. If that makes any sense.

Ruth you look wonderfull

Everyone have a great day and don't forget. Take a few min for yourself.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:05 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth, 50 degrees??? I don't EVEN want to hear that!!

It was 103 here yesterday...119 with heat index. Ungodly. No rain in sight after constant rain in June and July. Supposedly it is supposed to start cooling down in a week. Now we have to keep an eye on that "thing" near Africa that looks like it is heading toward the states.

Off to eat some breakfast and head out to school.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks,
I decided to blow off the conference and get some real work in this morning before I drive to Baltimore. I'll make the afternoon session, and hopefully, nobody will notice. The company gets a little testy when they pay for a conference and you don't go. But they also get testy when your customer is not happy to have all their things put on the back burner!
If anyone sees the whoosh fairy, please tell her I'm anxiously awaiting a visit! Tell her I've been very good (except for the tiny bit of chocolate last night - it's TOM! Please don't tell her that part)
Ruth, you look mahvelous! I also cook the same amount of food for two as for for ten. Usually that works out okay since my husband eats an incredible amount of food, and we don't mind leftovers. But if it's a dish people weren't crazy about, then it's not so good.
Shy, whenever I see your avatar, I think I've already posted! My husband is the same way, isn't it nice not to be judged by those who love you?
Cat, have a good day and try to stay cool.
good morning cottage, and happy birthday to Amber!
Hey there littlechick, your parents are very lucky to have a great place to bring their kids!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies!
Before I launch into my day YOu all Look Stunning and SLender!
LC i'll be running out to get my coffee in about 14 minutes! Flavia is NOT going to cut it today!
Cottage Sounds like you have a great day planned Happy Bday to Amber!
Cat I've learned to keep my mouth shut when I hear "And I can eat as much Grapefruit, cheese, protien bars yadda yadda as I want" I'm glad you'll have a beach buddy at work and a new empty Gym Time!
Ruth Maybe better safe that sorry with the fuzzy kid! My ****zu wheezes all the time but thats his allergies maybe she needs a claritin?
On a side note can you slice and freeze strawberries? I have a pound going to waste in my fridge!
Rennie you are NOT SHAMU! however you are a kickbutt Mom to help your daughter that way!
ME: didn't make chicken last night but I made a full sized quiche and 12 minis so good and a freezer cleaner! Today I'm Pondering a coffee the size of my head cranking up my IPod and pretending I'm not at work!
I'm supposed to get some fresh tomatoes and Basil this morning from one of the Mgrs here So maybe Turkey spinach and onion burgers with a lite pesto Tomato and Mozz
Is there a good pesto recipe SBD friendly?
ok off to look busy!
Kier
Old 08-14-2007, 09:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning KO! If you are going to freeze the strawberries, I just freeze them whole on a cookie sheet then put them in a baggie and throw them into smoothies. If you slice them, I'm not sure how that will work but you might need a sugar syrup to freeze them, like sliced peaches. Also, I think all pesto recipes are SB friendly, since it is just pine nuts, basil, olive oil, garlic, and cheese. Have a good one!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:14 AM   #13  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Hi all. Just a quick pop by before I lug all my stuff to the train station! Hands are still pretty bad. The medication my doctor gave me didn't seem to do much for the blisters themselves, and in fact I woke up with even more. The swelling, redness, and heat is down though. I packed a huge spray bottle of aloe just in case! I'll pop on Thursday to let you know how I made out!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies! Bring on the coffee!

LC - You get to wear the tiara today for being the winner! I love your graphics everyday, they make me smile!

Cottage - Isn't it great when you love your job?

Cat - I know what you mean about the SB soapbox. So many people commented at the reunion on how I looked and I wanted to tell them how but chose to keep it to myself.

Ruth - You look amazing! I am having the same problem with tomatoes! I picked about 30 this morning! Guess whats for lunch? Stuffed tomatoes!

Shy - I agree parents should get awards for all they do to help out with sports. Oh wait, its the love and respect we get.....LOL.

Schmoodle - not sure but I think kara may have that woosh fairy locked up!

KO - I got some tomatoes for you!

Me? I got a phone call at work from my 16 year old daughter in Michigan. Mom I want to come live with you. Mind you school started here yesterday, and I was just in Michigan this weekend! Today is lining out getting her records sent and getting her enrolled and then going to get her tonight! Nothing like waiting till the last minute!

Work calls gotta roll! Have a great day!
Steph
Old 08-14-2007, 09:30 AM   #15  

Femme Those compliments felt great, I am sure!

LC Morning chick!! Have a great day with the little ones. I love teaching, but don't think I could go any lower than 4th grade on a regular basis. My own children make me batty somedays.

Cottage That has to feel so good when they can't wait to see you. I am not away from my girls often, but love the feeling when I return.

Ruth You are one hot mama!! I am very envious of your 50 degree morning. We have hit our hot stretch here in Texas. We are lucky, though, that it isn't the normal 3 month stretch like normal.

KO I am pretty sure that most pestos are SBD safe. I have never made one though, so don't have a good recipe. Have a great day!

Shy I bet that is great exercise running around the tennis court with your DD.

Schmoodle Sorry to hear that your conference wasn't good- I HATE sitting through things like that, because all you can keep on your mind are all the things you aren't getting done.

Me- No school for me today... I am taking a day "off." The girls and I are going to go wear ourselves out in the pool this morning and then we are home to get this house in some order. I have a couple loads of laundry to get done, some dusting and vacuuming. Not too much fun, but it needs to be done.
Closed Thread