Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 04:57 PM   #1  

Question WW and Diabetes

I am thinking about joining Weight Watchers Online and have been reading all the threads about diabetes in this board. It seems possible to follow the WW point plan while also keeping track of your exchanges and carbs but I don't know how. Could someone please share their ideas with me. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:27 AM   #2  

Don't know if I can be a big help to you or not, I am diabetic 3 yrs now, and take 2 pills a day (metformin a.m. & p.m.) .

Have tried to follow the diabetic diet to the letter... but find that I feel better and blood sugars more stable when my body receives more protein and lots of veggies and not so much of the carbs and fruit. You have to do what makes you feel the best because everybody is different.

I have been following WW for 10 weeks now and have lost 6.8 pounds... that;s not a great amount. But WW has made me more concious of what goes into my mouth "Do the Journaling!" and I find that if I choose to have something sweet it is only a small portion, cravings are under some control.

Hope this might help you! You are taking a good step forward, keep up the effort, and post your decision and success.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:25 PM   #3  
Spicy Chick

Teaki, 6.8 lbs is fine, the slower it comes off the greater chance you have of keeping it off!!

I would love to be down 7lbs, I have 10 to get off, I like to stay within reason, I could get by with taking more off, but realistically I know I will not keep it off. I had lost 20, gained 10 back, if I get this ten off and exercise I look fine!!

Good luck...
Closed Thread