Alternachicks - looking for buddies with similiar goals....

magicalstasia
08-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Fist off I want to say that I love this group I found it today and thought it was amazing.... long story short I need to lose weight....hence the reason I am on here...lol.... I was losing weight for my wedding and well another long story short I called off the wedding due to infidelity.....and I gained back the weight loss for the wedding and more... I am not ashamed to say how much I weight, I hit 195 after the break up. I went to the Dr. a few weeks ago and I have a condition that causes infertility but I can manage it through weight loss and go on to have perfectly healthy babies :) I want to lose 50 lbs in the next year. I will be returning to college then and I really want to be the cute emo girl all the emo guys turn around and look at...lol. I am looking for people who have similiar goals and want to begin a year long journey of hope with me.....:)

MangoKitty
08-11-2007, 03:11 PM
awwww an emo girl, so cute! i'll be your weightless buddy! i've got about 40 lbs to go myself. we can compare menus and exercise schedules to keep each other on track if you'd like, it'll be fun! :D

Casandra
08-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Seems we all have similar goals! lol

I'm looking to lose a good 50lbs more as well, I want to pick up Hoop Dancing. I just cant afford a hoop yet! lol

I have type one diabetes so it is very hard for me to lose weight. It can be really tough!

You have my support as well :)

magicalstasia
08-12-2007, 01:16 AM
I cant wait... I have been putting this off forever...and was like ok I need to do this now or never so i can enjoy life...

MangoKitty
08-12-2007, 02:05 AM
i totaly understand. i've been big my entire life, and it's been such a downer for me! the more weight i loose the better i feel. i'm sure it's the same for everyone else. the great thing about this place is we can support each other threw it!

magicalstasia
08-12-2007, 05:02 PM
hey does everyone want to update on the week like as far as weight and new excersice goals on like friday???

magicalstasia
08-12-2007, 05:07 PM
want to have a short term goal like say for maybe Thanksgiving

MangoKitty
08-13-2007, 02:37 AM
i think Friday sounds great! i'm getting married on October 13th, my goal is to be down to 165lb by then.

jaxjob
08-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi!

Can I join in too? Although I had to look up what an "emo girl" was - I'm 40 now and it wasn't in my vocabulary. :rofl: Sounds like my dress (and maybe music) from college days in Leeds though (tooooo long ago). I'm in Canada now and have just over 40lbs left to go.

Jax

MangoKitty
08-13-2007, 10:13 AM
of coarse you can join silly! the more the merrier!

magicalstasia
08-14-2007, 02:25 PM
ok so Fridays it is...what is everyone doing for exercise.... me and a friend are trying to start out with 100 min a week and adding min every week until we feel like we are at a good point.

Also what is everyones biggest hindrance to losing weight? I work in fast food so that is really killing me.... I work at Dairy Queen so all the wonderful smelling fried food is a real killer:devil:...not to mention the blizzards....lol

I am really pumped to lose the weight though, I feel like for the first time I can do this :)

magicalstasia
08-14-2007, 02:28 PM
oh yeah for the short term goal maybe we could all set a goal for Oct. 13 so everyone is in on the mini goal of mangokitty's wedding weight :)

freeqeegrl
08-14-2007, 06:21 PM
wow we have a similar goal completly , i want to be that cute emo girl at school too, although in my pic cause its my acting pic you cant tell ha ha . LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

MangoKitty
08-15-2007, 04:11 AM
ok for exorcise in the mornings i run/walk three times a week (run 2 min, walk 1 min) for 20 min. the days in between i walk between 30-60 min. in the mornings. in the afternoons i usually do my cheesy 1 dollar workout video for 20 min. 5 days a week, i take the weekends off.

my biggest hindrance is definitely my husband. he's got a belly on him but refuses to do anything about it and is constantly on the hunt for cookies and ice cream! i love him to death but it's so hard when he's eating all that junk in front of me! even harder when he tries to get me to eat it too!

jaxjob
08-15-2007, 09:37 AM
For exercise I walk or run - recently it's been mostly walk, but when the boys (I have 3) are back in school at the end of this month there will be more running. Three days a week I do one of the "Get Ripped" DVDs by Jari Love - it uses weights with lots of reps, and I like it (it's one hour or so). I'm considering joining a gym in the fall but since it's a 40km drive to town, I'm not sure. I walk the dogs every day, but it's not always at much speed - we have a new puppy who doesn't walk that well yet. I keep tripping over him.

I have a goal of not being overweight (155 or less, by BMI) by my birthday on November 10, that's 12 weeks away and I have 20lbs to go. So if I follow a linear path (which I won't!) there's just over 8 weeks to mangokitty's wedding, a goal of 14-15lbs lost by then seems reasonable. So I'll aim for 160/1 or less by Oct 13.

I'm not sure what my biggest hindrance is, other than me! DH is supportive but is one of those people who doesn't gain weight, works in a very physical job (construction) and eats lots. So he does like to have junk around.

Jax

kellygrrl138
08-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Can I join too??!! :)
I just stumbled upon this website and this thread totally caught my eye!! I'd like to loose around 40-50 lbs. and finally be able to wear the clothes I want and shop in the stores I love!!

magicalstasia
08-17-2007, 11:44 PM
it has been said b4...the more the merrier! :) Ok so I didnt weigh in today... I was too afraid to...next friday I will face the music and weigh in...... oh and I finially decided on my short term goal.... 168 by halloween....I am doing something with an old ex and I wanna look good...lol...

WickedCrafty
08-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Ok you gals got me all motivated! And let me tell you, that's no easy task! I have about 50-60 to lose total. Mini goal will be to lose 15 by Halloween. Actually, more like the friday before...Full Moon/Hallows Moon. 10 weeks. *eep* That will put me in onederland... I have not been there in QUITE some time (1999 to be exact!)

magicalstasia
08-24-2007, 12:38 AM
hey ladies..how is everyone doing??? I hope everyone is doing great, and totally motivated...(hehe sence the sarcasm). Tomorrow I am going to brave the scales...hopefully people will brave them with me :)

Oh has anyone ever taken Glucophage? If anyone has, how did it affect weight loss?? I am taking it for poly-cystic ovary syndrome...it is a diabetes medication....just wondering....

Hope u all are well

magicalstasia
08-24-2007, 11:34 AM
I lost 2 lbs this week!!!! :carrot:

MangoKitty
08-25-2007, 03:35 AM
Horray for you! that's fantastic hun, keep up the good work!

WickedCrafty
08-25-2007, 06:48 PM
I weighed on Friday at the Drs and I lost 8#s. It's my first week and I typically lose 6-8 the first week. Do not expect this to be a recurring theme for me! LOL

mauvaisroux
08-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Congratulations WickedCrafty and magicalstasia- that's a great start! :cp:

I need to ramp up my exercise so I am doing a "fit through fall" regimen to get in shape before December. I would also like to fit into the clothes are our local Goth/Rock store - I'm always drooling over the clothing but can rarely find something that fits well.

Good luck to all of you! :lucky:

magicalstasia
09-06-2007, 11:40 PM
ok so I am having trouble losing weight... I know it is stress at work getting to me... I have a bad day and I come home and eat. Adding to the problem is the fact that I am on glucophage which is making me so sick to my stomach most of the day then I get home stressed out and I am starving finally on top of it.

So how is everyone else doing? Would anyone else like to start an exercise challenge in our little thread???

MangoKitty
09-07-2007, 08:19 AM
i'm sorry you're so stressed out and having trouble with food. what did you have in mind for the exercise challange?

magicalstasia
09-07-2007, 10:25 PM
hmm maybe we could start out counting minutes... like maybe 100 a week and increase it by 10 min. every so often????

Despite the trouble I am having I got on the scales today and lost 2 lbs!!!!

MangoKitty
09-08-2007, 03:18 AM
yay for you! i'm up for it! tho i think i probably do more than 100 min a week as it stands now... but it'll be good for me to actually keep track of how much i'm exorcising. i'm pretty sloppy about it at the moment :D

CrazyAva
09-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Stumbling in to say HI! I am Ava, and I have about 42lbs more to lose. I am up for a challenge if everybody else is! I was just asking a friend today if she wanted to do a little competition or something and she was very not into it, so I was on my own there.

Anyway, I will babble on and on if I don't end it here! :)

magicalstasia
10-13-2007, 11:36 AM
yay more people!!!

magicalstasia
10-13-2007, 04:12 PM
So how is everyone doing??? Man it has been forever since I got on here... I wasnt doing well with the whole diet thing so I didnt feel quite as bad if I stayed off of here...kinda defeats the purpose of it all though doesnt it? lol....

sayneverland
10-16-2007, 01:31 AM
I think its cute you said all the emo girl the emo boys look at. I have to agree I love me some generic [lol, i mean its true around here] looking emo boys. But alas they are so super tiny around here.

I hope everything is going good. I'm also trying to lose another 30 pounds.

Shy Moment
10-16-2007, 01:40 AM
I have another 50 some lbs to lose yet but hey. I have 26 less to lose today than I did May 9th 2007. Keep smileing

PrincessSasha
10-24-2007, 05:18 PM
hello everyone..

I just found this site and start a new diet this week. Right now my goal is to lost about 35 pounds and see how I look at that weight.

magicalstasia - I really like your idea of counting minutes of exercise each week. I'd love to do that. Right now I only 45 minutes a week or so..I would definately like to get that number higher!

magicalstasia
11-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Yeah I really need to exercise again soon...I have been slacking... want to start with like 60 min a week then ramp it up later??? I think 60 is what I am shooting for this week! Oh and welcome to the group PrincessSasha and ShyMoment!!!!!

I am very happy right now... I finially broke into the 170's!!!! I am almost at my pre-college weight of 168

kamikazegirl
12-07-2007, 01:35 AM
Hey, just stumbled across the thread and have similar goals, 50lbs to lose and all..
I also love emo boys, but the ones around here seem to go for preppy girls? Oh wells. :)