Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 11:53 AM   #1  

Angry Fabulous 40's #105

Hello

Just got in from running around all morning. I'll be back later. Pete leaves for work around 3:00 so I'll definitely be back to catch up.

See ya's later alligators

Es
Old 12-29-2001, 02:24 PM   #2  

Angry

Hi,

Ruth, I rejoined WW today. Only because after New Years it'll be packed. I'm going to go to the Friday meetings. I didn't stay today cause the meeting was almost over & I don't care for the Saturday leader. I thought I was going to get a new book but it's the same one. I did read somewhere that there's going to be a few changes.

New Years is almost here. I always stay home. I don't really care for it, never did.

Let me go read a couple of threads.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Es
Old 12-29-2001, 08:08 PM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I also always stay home on New Years. The problem is that we tend to have a lot of snacking foods out, sort of buffet style all evening. I was trying to be better this week but until today I continued to eat on the high end of my range or over. Hopefully today is my turning point.
Old 12-29-2001, 08:19 PM   #4  

Hi gals,

Sorry that I haven't been able to keep up with the boards lately. But for the most part it was because of too much holiday fun.
I have been thoroughly giving in to the season and lots of visiting. Pointswise I know that I am indulging too much, but I am still paying mind to quantities, and trying balancing the high meals with some low ones with veggies and fiber. Only 2 more parties to go and I can get back on the WW wagon.

Myra
I think that maintaining this week is an achievement to cheer about.

JanieD ,
I was really sorry to hear you broke your elbow on Christmas Eve. And I hope your bday wasn't spent in too much pain. I hope you are on the mend now and that you will heal fast.

Diane ,
A belated congratulations on the new grandson, David. I hope you have plenty of opportunities to cuddle this little guy while he is small. I was sorry to hear about the emotional blackmail at Christmas, I sure hope your "stepdaughterinlaw" matures soon for everyone's sake.
This is the place to vent!!

Ruth and Jen ,
Glad to hear that you have had a good Christmas.

Hi Es ,
I hope you had a good holiday too.
I think if it were not for Mike, my husband, I would be happy to be a homebody on New Year's Eve, but we always get some invitations and he likes to celebrate occasions in a big way.

I'll check in again tomorrow, hope all is well with everyone.
Sandy
Old 12-29-2001, 11:25 PM   #5  

Hi Guys

Thanks, Jen, Es, Ruth and Sandy for your support re: this family situation. I do believe my husband and I have made the right decision, although we will miss little Cristian. Its just not worth the aggravation. This woman is trying to divide the family and we are just not going to let it happen anymore. I do feel peace about this, its like a big relief not to worry about the family getting together and what she's going to do next. I plan on enjoying myself and my family in Florida - I miss my son, his wife and the grandchildren and can't wait to see the new baby.

Janie - How is your elbow. Hope you're doing okay, take it easy.

Jen - I'll bet you loved having Brandon with you for a few days. I spent time with some of the grandchildren today. My other step-son and his wife are in the process of moving into a new house and they asked us to babysit for Joseph and Michael. So since Lisa lives close by, we met with her and took her, her kids and Joseph and Michael to McDonalds so they could play. Boy, I'll tell you, I am sooooooooooo tired. We've been going since 9:30 this morning and had them up until about 8:00 tonight. It was fun but it was good to give them back to their parents

Es - How is Susie? I've been meaning to ask. Hope she's doing okay. Is Pete still working nites?

Hey Terri - How are ya? Are you back home yet?

Sandy - Sounds like you and hubby are party animals Enjoy, we can always get back on track after the holidays.

Hi Myra - Hope your'e doing well.

Well, we are leaving Monday morning - not sure if I'll be able to get back on before then. My son has a computer so maybe I'll be able to check in with you guys.

If not, I wish you all a happy, healthy and safe New Years. All good wishes to all of you and your families!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 12-30-2001, 06:54 AM   #6  

Angry

Dianne, How long will you be away? Is Alana with you? Enjoy every moment with Steven & his family cause it goes by so fast. Susie, is fine Thank God. I knew all along she was fine but we couldn't take the chance in case somewhere down the line she got sick. I'm still a little upset about the big incision in her neck. She gets the staples out tomorrow. I know she can't wait either. When you say you feel peace about this situation with SDIL then that's what counts. I always go by my feelings. Like I said before, it's her loss.

Myra,I was thinking about buying munchies. Probably just tortilla chips with salsa. My sister is not a snacker & forget about my BIL he only wants alcohol! Are you having company?

Sandy,happy to hear you've been away cause of all the fun you're having. I had a little too much junk food yesterday. It's funny when we rejoin WW we make sure that same day or the day before we have extras. Some people call it The Last Supper. Today is Day 1. Tomorrow is going to be sort of a challenge. I'll be sure to buy low fat snacks.

Have a nice day

Love,
Es

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 12-30-2001 at 06:59 AM.
Old 12-30-2001, 07:38 AM   #7  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

No. It will just be us three. But I tend to put out food as if it is much more. I have to try to control that. Funny. I am conditioned to think of food as love. If I'm not offering my family food I'm not offering love. I have to try to change that thinking.
Old 12-30-2001, 09:36 AM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Myra, I can identify with the problem; I can still hear my Mom saying you always want the table to look as though it's "groaning with food". What a double-edged sword! I'm glad I'm the only one with a weight problem, it could have been far worse.

Dianne, safe trip. Give that baby a kiss for all of us! A very happy and healthy New Year to you, Willie, Alana, and all the rest.

Sandy, glad you're enjoying the holidays. Even if you're not strictly OP, you're at least hanging in there. Enjoy your New Year's Eve partying! Your hubby sounds like fun.

Terri, hope you're having a wonderful visit with your family.

We've usually spent New Year's Eve at home or at my brother's. This year we'll be at home, with the kids and a friend of my son's. Brandon received a karaoke machine for Christmas from his aunt, so that should prove interesting.

Hi to Ruth, enjoying your break from school, I hope! When do you start back? My first day is the 22nd. And I'm looking forward to it. Since I've been off work, 17 months now, I can see how one's brains can turn to mush if there's no stimulation or challenge!

will talk to you all later....have a nice Sunday

hugs,
Jen
Old 12-30-2001, 02:30 PM   #9  

Talking

Myra, you remind me of my parents. Growing up I always remember my mom having all kinds of goodies & food for the holidays. She would say"just in case someone stopped by." I'm always worried if people are hungry or they didn't have enough Bad habit. Enjoy it. You can always burn those calories after New Years

Jen, karaoke sounds like fun. One of my co-workers brought one to a office party & her husband couldn't wait to get her home. She sang thru the whole party!! Her husband was so embarrassed. I think the wine that she drank didn't help. LOL

Dianne, if you don't get a chance to post & you're just reading, have a happy & safe New Years.

Hi Terri, Ruth, Sandy, JanieD. Hope I got everybody.

Love,
Es
Old 12-30-2001, 04:05 PM   #10  

Check this out. Got it from Dotti's.

Don't Quit - W.W. Version

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down
And you feel like the biggest failure in town;
When you want to give up just because you gave in
And forget all about being healthy and thin;
So What! You went over your points a bit;
It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!

It's a moment of truth, It's an attitude change;
It's learning the skills to get back in your range;
It's telling yourself "You've done great up till now;
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal;
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.

To stumble and fall is not a disgrace
If you summon the will to get back in the race;
But, often the struggler's when losing their grip
Just throw in the towel and continues to slip
And learn too late when the damage is done
That the race wasn't over and they still could of won.

Life-style change can be awkward and slow
But facing each challenge will help you to grow;
Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint in the cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit;
If you bite it you write it... But Don't you quit!

Author Unknown - Adapted by R.W. Brown

Pretty cool huh?
Old 12-30-2001, 04:15 PM   #11  

Hey everyone, hope you guys are doing better than I am at being OP. I am really fighting some strong urges to stuff my face. I haven't the foggiest notion why. This usually happens when I'm stressed, but things are pretty mellow at home right now. I'm resorting to 0 point veggies at the moment, I just made a huge salad with fat free italian dressing, the only points in it was the 1 point for the Hillshire Farms Deli Select luncheon meat. Earlier I made a large spinach salad with fat free cottage cheese, pimentos and onions. For some reason I'm just not satisfied!!!
Maybe coming in here will help find some motivation!!!

ES, glad to hear that you rejoined ww. I can't wait to get back on patterns with the meetings. My weigh in is on Monday nights, so we don't have another one until Jan 7. I might break down and go this Thursday night, maybe that will help get me in gear!!

JENNIE, yes I'm enjoying break, but in some respects it isn't long enough. I have so many unfinished projects to do. Looks like only about half of them will get done!! I've got a major cleaning session and re-organizing to do at home, I just hope I'm finished when classes start back on the 14th. Once school begins, everything else pretty much takes a back seat in my life. I'm taking 16 hours this semester, I've already bought my books and I'm trying to read at least the first chapter in them. I'm taking English, Algebra(remedial), Biology (heredity), Sociology, Accounting and a Conditioning Exercise class. As you can see, a full plate!!!

DIANNE, have a safe trip. If you aren't able to check in while your gone, we'll miss you. Enjoy the baby.

MYRA, hang in there. Just a few more days and life will get back to normal!! If there is such a thing!! lol

SANDY, glad you have had a wonderful holiday. I also have indulged a little bit too much. My biggest treat was a banana split!! I must say it was worth every point!! But now it is time to get focused again.

Check in with ya'll later.

Ruth
Old 12-30-2001, 10:40 PM   #12  

OMG Sandy! A banana split - I could die for one right now, I remember going to woolworths (dept. store) with my nana as a kid and getting a banana split and finding out how much it would cost by picking a balloon with the price inside and busting it. I think that was half the fun - sometimes it only cost 1 penny You just brought back some really good memories for me - fattening but good

Es - We are only going to be in Florida for one week, well actually, Alana is staying an extra 4 days just to hang out and help monica with the baby (and get some sun). We are scheduled to return on Monday, 1/7, but we don't return to work on 1/9. I always need a day to get over my vacations I'm glad to hear that Susie is okay, I know how much you love her.

Jen - Looking forward to returning to school huh? I don't believe I ever had that feeling Funny, now I'm in school everyday since I work at a university Enjoy your time off.

Hi to everyone else and I hope to be able to post while I'm at Steven's but not sure. Anyway have a great New Year's everyone - enjoy! I will give little David a big kiss and hug from all of you!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 12-31-2001, 08:41 AM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es, I'm glad you've re-joined. I'm facing the hard truth that doing this on my own is, in fact, not working. I know I've got to join. Thanks for that poem, every bit of encouragement helps!

Ruth, at least you're eating salads when you're feeling the urge to stuff! You must be loving this time off...a well-deserved break. Enjoy!

I'm taking down all the Christmas decorations on Wednesday. Every year I leave them up till the Feast of the 3 Kings, but want to get them out of the way. I'm beginning to rearrange and paint some rooms, and want to get a good jump on the work before school begins again. I'm looking forward to some changes around here. We've lived here for 8 years and it's time to shake things up a bit. I'm a Gemini....love changes

BEARS WIN!!! This is a truly exciting year for us die-hard Bears fans. Road trips are already being planned down to the Super Bowl game in my favorite place, New Orleans, if the Bears go that far. My sister is begining to talk me into going; my friends' husband is also planning a trip in a Winnebago and is looking for takers. While I would LOVE to do it, most likely I'll let all that Catholic guilt kick in and keep me at home.

Happy and Healthy New Year to all......peace.

love,
Jen
Old 12-31-2001, 11:09 AM   #14  

Morning ladies, hope everyone is off to a good start before the party hour begins! lol We will either go to a friends house or just stay home this afternoon.

DIANNE, I'm sure Sandy would have enjoyed the banana split, but I'm the one who indulged in the sinful treat. Now I will spend the next week trying to overcome!!!

JEN, sounds like we are doing basically the same thing. I have tons to do, but no painting. Mostly cleaning out closets, new curtains, decorating bathrooms, that type stuff. My first purchase will probably be an storage building. I'm currently paying $27 a month to store junk that doesn't have a place in my house, time to invest wisely, it will pay for itself in a few years!!

Better go, have phone calls to make. I will check in later. Have a happy new year everyone.

Ruth
Old 12-31-2001, 11:32 PM   #15  

Smile 2002

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY BUDDIES!!!!! JEN, DIANNE, MYRA, TERRI, SANDY, RUTH & JANIED

LOVE YOU'S,
ES
Closed Thread