Old 08-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 304/280/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Karma, Baby!! Follow up to stupid people, stupid comments

Ya know....I never would have imagined I'd be able to see the day when that little cell phone chickie got hers, but not only did I see it last night, I was part of it. (for those who didnt see the original thread, this girl was behind me in a checkout line making rude comments about fat rolls, smelly overweight people, etc.) So, last night, a friend of mine from out of town called me and said she and her cousin were going through town and would be stopping at a restaurant for dinner and did I want to join them. I knew the restaurant was way off plan, but I wanted to see her, so I said I had already eaten (I had) but I would come join them and have something to drink. So, there we were, them with their dinners, me with my diet coke. A few tables over I saw a lady who is locally known as being w/Mary Kay. She had her contracts out and was signing up a new rep. New rep was cell phone chickie. I told my friend and her cousin about the cell phone chickie. They were ticked. We went on with our visiting and catching up. I excused myself to go to the bathroom, and as I walked by the MK rep, I heard her telling the cell phone chickie that it's sooo easy to sell...it's all about how you approach people, etc. I get back from the bathroom, and cell phone chickie is at my friend's table. (She had her back to the table while signing contracts...if she recognized me when I walked by, she didn't know where I had come from.) She's giving them the Mary Kay speech, blah, blah. I just hung back. My friend had this evil look in her eye. She was going on and on about how much she loooooooves Mary Kay, and how she's been looking for a rep since she moved, etc. (all BS. I know...she buys Avon from me.) Cell phone chickie is getting excited and I can practically see dollar signs in her eyes. My friend is pointing out things in the brochure she wants to buy. Then she stops, dead in her tracks and says "Oh....you're writing all this down? Well, don't bother, I don't order anything from rude people who make nasty comments in public about people whose situations they know NOTHING about. Maybe next time you are on your cell phone bashing overweight people, you'll think twice about who overhears you and how it can cost you a sale. Like it just did. Goodbye." At that point, I said excuse me to cell phone chickie so I could get back to my seat, and I just smiled as sweetly as I could at her. She was shocked. Before she left, the Mary Kay rep who had signed her up came over and asked if we minded explaining what had happened. I know the Mary Kay rep (not well, but we are acquaintances) so I told her. She was so sorry...said if she had known, she wouldn't have sent her over to our table to try her sales speech, etc. I told her it wasn't her fault, and she didn't know, not to worry about it. Mary Kay rep told me us she thought what my friend did was priceless, and she didn't even care that the cell phone chickie lost a sale that the she would have gotten a % of, since she had signed her up. Mary Kay rep is about 30 pounds overweight, so I'm sure she felt some anger. I kept reading the replies to my original thread, and thinking Yeah, cell phone chickie will get hers someday....I just never knew I would witness it. Hopefully now she will think before she acts/speaks in public. I doubt it though.
ChristyDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #2  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Ha ha ha!! Awesome!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Excellent! My children would say that cellphonechick got a God Smack.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #4  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

omg!! that WAS pricless!! ha haha... gave her somthing to think about. nice!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

That us awesome and makes me believe more and more in karma!
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Awesome! I need to show your post to my 11 year old daughter. I'm always trying to teach her that "what goes around comes around." What an awesome example.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #7  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

How wonderful! I love it! I can't believe you got to see it all too! I bet you feel so good! Ha ha ha ha ha ha, take that stupid lady!!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Christy that is absolutely amazing. Unbelievable in fact. And so very cool!!! I LOVE it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:23 PM   #9  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

That is so fantastic!!
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

That is great, thanks for sharing it with us. LOL
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 304/280/150

I was thisclose to not going. I wanted to see my friend, but I was worried that being around the food would be too tempting. I am so glad I did now. Otherwise I know my friend....she would have ordered something just to be nice. I know one thing....like many other people, I've had my moments of beign rude (not to cell phone chickie's level, but still.) I know now I will rethink it, knowing karma WILL get you!
ChristyDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:57 PM   #12  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

That is so awesome. I bet she feels like a complete @$$. I'm so glad you got to see it.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #13  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Wow! what a small world! That's outstanding!!!
-Jan
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #14  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

One of the BEST STORIES EVER!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #15  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

What a fabulous turn of the tables! I know we're not supposed to seek revenge and so on, but you still can't help feeling vindicated!

And Susan, what an appropriate term for what happened, I'll be using that phrase!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote