LA Weight Loss - August 6-August 12

View Full Version : August 6-August 12

amy2liz30
08-06-2007, 07:58 AM
Lets try this again. I tried to post but then all my text was deleted.
I pre-journaled my breakfast plan for the week. Have a fabulous day
Training for a marathon really makes me so hungry. So on training days I have a full starch (1 bagel) with 3 TBS of peanut butter. Enjoy your week. Iwill check in tonight.

Katy66
08-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Good Morning All! Had a busy but great weekend which means I didn't have time to post. I'll catch up on the weekend's conversations and do personals later.

Friday after the disappointing WI I went out for pizza and had a couple of liquid starches...forgot all about the veggies I still needed to eat BUT got right back on track and have POP the rest of the weekend (first time in a long time on a weekend). Even got in some exercise:)

Hope everyone has a wonderful and POP day!

aguerin
08-06-2007, 09:49 AM
GM all and heres to a POP week.

Since I have been on the new Feel Full Menu plan and dropped down to a 1 (old Green) I am hungry (and tired of being hungry). I can make it most days, but the struggle is getting old.

So here is my question. I have this week and next of weight loss weeks left before I have to purchase more at $12.00 per week (min of 4) or start the stabalization and maintenance for $99.00. I am ~15 pounds from goal, but I am so tired of being hungry. I am pretty happy where I am, but I would probably be happier at goal. Its not about the money, its about the hungar and stretching out my food for the day. Your advice and opinions appreciated.

Dan2112
08-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Amy.. The point of the "feel full" plan is just that, right? What do your counselors say about feeling hungry all the time?

Usually, when I used to complain about feeling hungry, they suggested eating another portion of green veggies, or adding an medium orange when I ate my lites twice a day. At 50 cals., it was a good suppliment.

Hey all!! Welcome to a new week... I was a bit shocked to see a gain this morning on the scales, but I think my on-again, off-again relationship with regularity has something to do with it...

Lovely conversation first thing in the morning, eh?

Lynx
08-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Hi Amy,
Would you remind us what your daily servings are for Plan 1? That will probably help us to give you some suggestions.

aguerin
08-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Dan: Thats just it, the COD is not offering any suggestions other than to use the suggested higher fiber options of which I am already doing. At least one from each group on a daily basis. I might note that I am already fudging on the veggie and fruit portions already an extra one a day if I have to. THe point is, I don't want to do that, but I guess you have to do what you have to do. I am still losing in doing that, so I may just add it to the plan and be done with it.

Lynn: My servings are: 2P, 2V, 2F, 2S, 1Fa, 1D, 2 Lites. Boy that extra veggie and extra fruit from the gold plan sure did make a difference. I also use the SF jello and will probably start using the FF Broth on a daily basis to see if this helps, but Like I said, I am tired of being hungry all the time.

Joni135
08-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Amy - Not a good answer from me, but unless you are getting remarkable service from your COD, I would not pay $12 a week...lots of folks here have added on to their plans for $5 a week. Try to negotiate with your COD for a MUCH better rate.

Dan/Liz - have fun this week. Enjoy your trip (to Denver, right??)

Mama Nicole - :bday2you: :woo::woo: (a little late, but I'm sure you are still celebrating!!

Liza -- I can see it now..."Loo Repairs by Liza." What's replacing the carpet? I agree..carpet in the bathroom (other than throw rugs) just doesn't seem right.

Had a POOP weekend while in Chattanooga and a wedding...but back on track. Scale is evil. That's all I'm going to say. Got tuna made up; lots of cucumbers and tomatoes in some FF Italian dressing. I love it when I make my food the day before...life seems so much easier. Even made it to the gym this morning for a 2 mile walk/run and about 30 minutes of upper body and some ab work.

Mama Nicole
08-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Oh, Amy, that plan sound ridiculous......you aren't even getting the daily 5 recommended by nutritional experts!!!! I am not one to go against the COD, but I would add one or two veggies. I think Dan's COD was right on the money. What do you other ladies think?

Oh, and good morning eveyone :)

XOXO

Mama Nicole
08-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Joni.........we were posting at the same time........thank you :) I did a whole lot of nothing yesteday......and it was really nice. Then, I got all crazy, and went to the dollar store......ALONE.....and stayed there as long as I wanted to. I know, it sounds silly to go the the dollar store as a treat, but I have the most incredible dollar store EVER. It is called Deals, and they do have some things for more than a dollar, but most things are a dollar. Anyway, it is enormous.....and it costs me a ton of money to bring my kids there with me. I had a great time just browsing and taking as long as I liked. DH was a real sport yesterday too, and let me take a long hot bath and do whatever I wanted all day long while he took care of the kids and house. It was a true day off.....and I totally enjoyed it :) Wow, and you didn't even ask me what I did......LOL

Did you at least have a nice time this weekend?

Joni135
08-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Nicole - I always love your stuff...so keep talking. Personally, I thought I had the best dollar store and I love going in there and taking my time...everything in my store is just $1...so it's real easy to keep track. Oh, greeting cards are 2 for $1. Guess I should have picked one up for you...oops!

aguerin
08-06-2007, 11:54 AM
I just got back from the COD for a WI and I am the same as last Wed. I told her I AM HUNGRY so she bumped me up a whole level. I think I can live off this level. I know you all know the portions, but I now get: 2.5P, 3V, 3F, 3S, 2D, 2Fa. But you know I had to tell her I was worried about gaining with adding that much food at one time.

Nicole: I have asked about specials on the add on weeks and she didn't seem to know anything about it. I haven't asked again, I guess I should.

Lynn: I think you had asked about the Lite Salt. I asked about it and she said it is no longer a requirement with this new Feel Full Menu.

Thanks for all the advice all. Ask and ye shall receive.

Lynx
08-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Happy Birthday Nicole one day late - Sounds like your kidos (Dan's term and I like it) and DH made the day great for you!!!!
Joni and Nicole - Last time I went to the Dollar store I got bottled water (6 of the 16.9 fl oz bottles) for $1.00. I also got a Family Circle and Ladies Home Journal magazines (July) for the same ridiculous price. If you ever see Avesome (as seen on TV) all purpose concentrated cleaner get some as it takes just about any stain out. It comes in a plastic bottle with a spray and the concentrate is yellow in color.

Back to Amy -
Here are some of my suggestions. Hope they help.
*Don't split your proteins - 2 oz servings are too small. I suggest that for one of your meals you have a yogurt parfait with your dairy, one fruit and fiber one cereal. Love, love, love pineapple or strawberries. I used to have this when I was on gold for either breakfast or lunch and the fiber one really stays with you. Sometimes, I would have my proteins for breakfast and lunch and the yogurt parfait for dinner.
*Have you tried Thomas lite English muffins? Loaded with fiber. If you had to you could split one and have them at different times of the day. Very filling.
*Cut your lites in two and have 4 servings instead of two.
*Cassi will say have some tea either hot or cold to sip on when you are hungry. I read that drinking either something hot or cold requires your body to bring the liquid to body temperature and that helps burn calories.
* Try to eat your vegetables raw since you have more volume to them and more crunch. My current favorite way to get my veggies in is to make a salad of a small tomato and then peppers (red, yellow or green) cut them up and add a little ff salad dressing and mix together. I like Caesar dressing.
* For lunch, try 2 TB reduced fat peanut butter on an apple.
* I have two fruits now and I miss my 3rd one so I play a mind game with myself and I split one of my fruits. For instance, I have a half a serving of blueberries at a time. You are supposed to stick with the same fruit when you split it.

Anyone else, please chime in with your ideas.......

Prazteam
08-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Well, the COD's here in Virginia are now called PURE Weight Loss effective today. The commercials are the same, just the name has changed. DH will see them on Wed. to see if there are any other changes. According to them a few weeks ago, they weren't going to appointments because they don't work and they weren't changing the plans... we'll see. Our bars are still the same, at least the 5 boxes we purchased a couple of weeks ago were the same. Hopefully that won't change!
Good Sat., POOP yesterday... Having a hard time getting my mind back on track.
Hugs,
P.S. ODS lost his wallet with his debit card, 90 drivers license, driving certificate, SS# written on a slip of paper for his boss, Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion passes... Thank goodness he didn't have his check book, cash, or the kitchen sink in there... :(
Mom called the bank this morning and got that taken care of. Trying to figure out what to do about the SS#... looked on line and got all the major credit reporting companies but evidently other than getting a free credit report once a year, they only react AFTER someone steals your I.D.
Any suggestions?!?
Blessings,

Lynx
08-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Glad to hear your news Amy.
Dollar Store again - Great place to get decorated bags and bows for wrapping presents. As we all know, if you see a great deal, get plenty and stock up because some things you will not see again.
Have a great day and a week as POP as you can get everyone!!!

Katy66
08-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Joni, Nicole, and Lynn - I've got to get to the $$ store. Never go there and I'm not sure why.

Nicole - happy belated birthday!

Amy - Glad you got your plan changed and hope if works for you.

Pearl - Interesting that the name changes are being staged much like they did with the new plans. I guess LAWL had recvd a lot of bad press lately so changing the name to bring in new customers is probably a good marketing ploy.

Dan and Liz - have a great trip!

Big hello to everyone else out there and hope you have a great day.

Mama Nicole
08-06-2007, 12:28 PM
:bday2you::bday2you:Happy Birthday, dear Wendy, :bday2you:
Are you wearing your birthday suit today???
XOXO

Joni135
08-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Pearl - the thought of losing my wallet is awful! Sounds like you've done everything you can. Not sure if you want (or even can) put a fraud alert on his account with the credit bureau companies. Hopefully the wallet will turn up.....have you checked everyone's socks???? (okay, that's just where Kristen's family likes to hide things). He's probably pretty bummed about losing the park cards!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-06-2007, 12:31 PM
:bday2::celebrate::bday2you::woo::gift::balloons:
Nicole-Happy birthday chickie!!!!! Glad you got some time to yourself!!!

emmysmom
08-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Pearl - I'm really sorry to hear about ODS...I'm going to PM you a link with some good info on what to do.

Joni135
08-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Wow Nicole...you can really belt out a tune!!!:lol:

Mama Nicole
08-06-2007, 12:46 PM
:rofl:

aguerin
08-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Happy Late BD Nicole.

I'm stuffed after lunch. I suppose I can expect that initial gain that the others posted about after switching to this new plan. The COD counselor stated that she was losing 4 pounds a week on this new plan. I thought well it sure don't look like it. I know, I'm bad, but you know you should be able to tell if someone has lost 12 pounds in the last 3 weeks. Right?

dawn78
08-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Amy – were you having problems losing on gold? Is that why you COD moved you to green? The reason I ask is my COD told me I would never move to green. Prior to having my baby, I was at 143 lbs and I was struggling getting to my goal weight of 135 lbs so I asked if I could move to green to help with the last few pounds and they said no. Maybe if you were not having problems on gold your center could move you back?? Just a thought.

Happy late birthday Nicole!

equinetcan
08-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Happy start to the week everybody!

Nicole - sounds like you had a terrific day yesterday!!

Pearl - sorry to hear about the wallet thing - I went through that years ago but now I keep a strict eye on it. Too much work these days if you lose it.

Today I just have a day at home. Started my new meds today so I didn't want to go far in case I reacted or anything but so far so good. Holiday up here today and I also have tomorrow off. I got some laundry done, something in the slow cooker chugging away since this morning, in the process of making a dill potato salad - just waiting for the potatoes to cool down a bit.

I go back to COD tomorrow after 2 months away. I am looking forward to it actually. I called them friday so they know I am coming. The girl I talked to on the phone is one of the ones I like so I didn't make an appt but she did record that I was coming in. Then to the store to stock up.

I stay away from the dollar stores unless I really need stuff cause I just come out of there with too much!!

I am going to be talking to the bank this week about being able to get my own place instead of renting and then hopefully I can start the housing hunt. I am likely just going to get a minihome but I might look at a few condos or townhouses too.

I'll check in later...have a good day!!

aguerin
08-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Dawn: When they moved me to the new FF menu, they dropped me down to what would have been a green plan. They took away a veg and fruit. No explanation, just did. I was within 20 pounds from goal weight. But today they moved me back up to what would be the gold plan's equivalent on the new menu. I am happy about it, but don't want to gain in the transition. I was upset that I hadn't lost since last week, cause my scale showed a reduction this a.m.

I should do fine with all this food, if I can still continue to lose while eating all of it. :o)

emmysmom
08-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Happy Birthday Nicole and Wendy!!!

Alannah - Good luck with the meds...you'll be fine. I take Wellbutrin, too, and have had no side effects. House hunting - how exciting!!!!

Kim - every time I see your avatar I think, "God, she is so tiny!"

dawn78
08-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Amy - Now I see you had already posted about moving back up a plan, sorry. That's what I get for skimming through the messages.

Happy Birthday to Wenfy also!

Dan2112
08-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Happy late birthday Nicole!!!

Amy - I'm glad they moved you up a plan.. don't be so sure you'll see much of a gain.. When I was on the old Blue plan and my WL basically stopped, they moved me back up to Red and I started losing immediately.. Of course, guys are different from girls, but you never know.. Just make sure you strictly stick to your portions...

MomOfThreeTeens
08-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Thank you Tina! I havent been called tiny in a long...uh wait, I dont ever remember being called tiny! LOL

:bday2you:Happy Birthday Wendy!!!!

Repo girl
08-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Happy Birthday Wendy and Nicole!!!!!!

CandlePrincess
08-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Well today has been a decent day. Had a POP day yesterday and am well on to my way with the same today! Back to school in a week....while i'm not really ready for the kids...i'm ready for a paycheck! LOL more later

Mama Nicole
08-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Thanks everyone :) You are all the best

Speaking of the best..........when is Kim(phin) comming back?????

Katy66
08-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Do you guys realize that we aren't even through Monday yet and are on page 4 of the thread? This group loves to chat!:)

Dan2112
08-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Ack! I forgot to wish Wendy a Happy Birthday...

Happy Birthday Wendy!!

Kansas
08-06-2007, 04:49 PM
I normally don't post to the weekly thread but I thought I would chime in. I just got back from WI and found out that my center is down to 1 employee. Doesn't that just make you feel confident? Anyway - I asked her what the heck was going on and she said that she had no idea - everyone was being bi**** and just up and quit. Personally I am anticipating being told that they will be closing the center. With that in the back of my mind, I asked her just exactly what happens if I hit the end of my weight loss weeks and I am not at goal. She told me that I could purchase additonal weeks at the going rate whenever it happens - or I can just keep weighing in but I would drop down to twice a week during stabilization and then drop down to one time a week the next 52 weeks which would be maintenance. She said that technically they are no longer supposed to do any counseling with me about my weight loss since I would be out of weeks. But I can still come in, pick up lites, etc if I need them and step on the scale. (This won't apply to me since I am no longer on lites - but I am still waiting paitently for a refund all my prepaid boxes...) She went on to say that there are several clients in this boat that they still "counsel" even though they are no longer in weight loss weeks as long as they aren't too busy when they come in. I guess we will wait and see - I still have plenty of time to hit my goal or come real close if I get my butt back on the right horse!!

Dan2112
08-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Our Santa Fe office was like that before the whole place went belly up, but that was because of bad management, rather than employee attitudes... So here's hoping things stay status quo for you....

You might also bring up the "gaurantee" they made for your weightloss, before you start paying for more weeks... Liz and I were going back and forth with the manager about that at our COD right before the owner shut it down..

Being from Kansas, do you say "pop" or "soda".. Just curious as I'm originally from Nebraska and people here in NM look at me funny when I say "pop"... :lol:

Mama Nicole
08-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Do any of you tear up at everything on TV? Is there something wrong with me if I cry during comercials???

Mama Nicole
08-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Dan.......we used to say "pop" in Wisconsin....

equinetcan
08-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Nicole - you are perfectly normal!! I have done it before. The animal cruelty commercials get me everytime.

equinetcan
08-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Oh and Dan - in case you were wondering we say pop up here too!!

Kansas
08-06-2007, 05:12 PM
I am originally from Upper Michigan so I say "pop", eh? (With a perfect Fargo-like accent...). Which then gets me the lecture that it is "soda" around here.

They also giggle or give me quizzical looks when I use terms like "kiddie-korner" (instead of "caddy corner") and "kaddywampus" (they have no idea what that is) or "pank" (again they have no idea but it is verb meaning pack together like a snowball or stomp down with your feet like a snow trail...)

Personally I think they are the weird ones.

slim n trim
08-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi Everyone, just a quick fly by for now.

Its a long weekend in Canada, and dh is in a golf tournament this weekend, so I am getting lots done around the house. Last night was not a good night for the waistline. We went down to the golf course, and he was playing in the horse race. Afterwards we sat on the deck and had a few drinks. All total I think I had five slimes. (vodka, 7up and lime) Hadn't had this before, dh friend got me onto these - very good and refreshing. Felt it this morning to. Anyway, went swimming this morning, and have been pop today so - don't know what the scale will think about it, but - oh well. What do you do.

Happy Birthday Wendy and Nicole. Hope you are having or did have a great day!

Dan - we say pop here as well.

Its been hotter than Haiti here lately. We got a little rain shower last night which was the first rain we have had in 2 months. There are forest fires near us, - well in Montana, and its about 2 or 3 hours away, but when the wind blows we can smell the smoke, and the sky has been pretty hazy lately. A nice little shower every night would be wonderful, freshen things up and cool down the house. My electricity bill should be pretty scary this month since the a/c has been running almost non stop.

Okay - well gotta go - things to do - see you all later.

dolphn545
08-06-2007, 05:33 PM
:bday2you: Wendy & Nicole!!

In Buffalo (where I'm originally from), we say pop; but in PA, they say soda. So when I ask the kids for a pop, they always feel the need to correct me.
They also say wimpies (instead of manwich or sloppy joe), texas wiener (instead of texas hot). Still adjusting to the lingo after 2 years!!

This weekend was completely POOP. Friday I was good during the day, then hit a drive through on the way camping. Saturday started teh day with eggs, sausage, a waffle, a few beers, chips, etc... Sunday had a hotdog, two bowls of lazy pierogie's, blueberry pie, couple chips, no water, and a cheeseburger later at night.
Even today isn't the greatest. Had no fruit. Had cheddarwurst for dinner with tomatos, and I'm trying to flush it down with water. Hopefully the scale won't be too bad tomorrow.

Did tons of walking on Saturday though. We walked the gorge at Watkins Glen. My body is aching me today, boy.

Just wanted to say HI to everybody! :wave:

juliemarie
08-06-2007, 05:37 PM
I always say kitty-corner . . .

Also-Karen-is hotter than Haiti your version of "hotter than Hades"? I'm always amused by the different variations in phrases and words around the country.

Oh-and I say soda-but most people around here say pop . . .

Lynx
08-06-2007, 05:42 PM
When I was growing up, I think it was more common to say pop, but now I say soda. I never think about which one to use and usually I say diet coke.

Mama Nicole
08-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Actually.........now that you mention it, I often say I need a coke, meaning a diet coke (YUM).

And Kansas.......I have many many many childhood and teen memories in the good ole UP. I have friends and family in Ishpeming, Negaunee, and had many friends go to Mich. Tech. in Houghton. Good times, good times. I recognized all of your "terms." Did you also leave words out of sentences........like, "let's go store, eh?" or "let's go island, eh?" LOL. I don't know if that is just the finish way, or all of the UP. Also........I remember the fact that anything you could ever need, you could purchase at the Holiday gas station........LOL.

KrispieD
08-06-2007, 06:02 PM
HAPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY NICOLE

I LOVE YOU
xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Boo'sMom
08-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Happy Belated Birthday and Happy Birthday--wish you were older than me--LOL!!! Love ya anyway.

I have not been horrible but not great either. Made it through another kickboxing session--yeah me. We are finally getting HOT here and it sucks. I was sweating before class even started--and we are in a warehouse type building so it's toasty anyway.

Everything in Texas is a coke--regardless of what you want. "What kind of coke do you want, Dr. Pepper?" "Whew--it's hot, I need a coke--order me a cherry limeade"

Hit Sam's today so I think I am about ready for my company. I LOVE having company, once I stress myself out, then everyone gets here and I am fine again.

Off to put junk away--the fun part of shopping--NOT!

Lynx
08-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Nicole - In so? Do you want to go with? We used to call it Sheboygan English.

slim n trim
08-06-2007, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=juliemarie;1805387]
Also-Karen-is hotter than Haiti your version of "hotter than Hades"? I'm always amused by the different variations in phrases and words around the country. QUOTE]

thats it ..... your right, there are a lot of variations, I don't know what is supposed to be the original one , the one I used is the one that I learned many years ago. Funny how things get changed isn't it.

Repo girl
08-06-2007, 08:17 PM
It gets very cold here in the winter. So cold that my grandma says that it is "Colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra". Also, the roads get very slick. So slick, in fact, that my grandma says that it is "Slicker than snot on a glass door knob". That, my friends, is slick. When the roads are slick, we must drive slowly. So slow, in fact, that my grandma says we are driving slower than "Molasses in January". Someday, I will tell you what my grandma says when someone gets pregnant.....and when they find out their baby is a girl.....and what she says about poor people......oh, and what she says about religious people......hmmm, my grandma, she is SCARY!!!!!

lizababe
08-06-2007, 08:26 PM
LOL Katie that's pretty darn funny! You'll have to share Dan's "crapping kittens" phrase with her! Though from the sound of it, she's probably the orignator of that one too....

amylou7777
08-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Good evening everyone!

Nicole-Bubble bath and the dollar store?? Now That's MY kinda Birthday!! Hope you had a great birthday weekend!

Happy birthday Wendy!

Amy-so glad your center moved you up-being hungry is not what I signed up for...good luck with the first few days back on the old plan-the weight will even itself out once you get used to it! But I'm hoping for no gain at all!

Karen-sounds like you've been getting your exercise! You are only 3lbs away!! That is exciting.

Joni, Kim-I think the same thing when I see Kim's photo! Your new username should be TINYKim!

Jillian-how was RI?

Alannah-I hope the wellbutrin agreed with you! If so, it can make such a difference! I have a lot of family/friends who are taking different brands and when it works, it works! Good luck with getting the loan you need--house hunting can be so much fun!

Well it's official, as I drove up to my COd I saw the huge truck/ladder changing our sign from LAWL to PURE Weight Loss. I was excpeting some sort of celebration or giveaways or deals at the center but there were none.
I was down a little over a pound which is pretty good. I feel like the scale hasn't budged much in the last 5 days, but as my counselor reminded me I did lose almost 5lbs with the flu and didn't gain it back! So I'm just going to keep on keepin' on.

Dan and Liz have a great time in CO!

Angie-how are you doing? How are those ears?

Lettie-are you out there?

Katie-how's the new baby and new mommy doin?

Have a great night everyone!

Repo girl
08-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Amy- They are doing great. The baby is nursing well, and Kara seems to be healing nicely. I don't know if I ever posted his stats. They named him Jackson Cole, he was 8 lbs 11 oz and 22 inches long.

Liza- My mom has a whole notebook of my grandma's sayings. For instance, someone nervous is "As nervous as a fart on a hot griddle."

Mama Nicole
08-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Oh, Kristen.........I love you too :)

Yes, where oh where is Lettie? That is why I just signed on. I was just cleaning up my kitchen, and I thought of her :) I am down 2 kids this week, (the two oldest are at my mom's), and it is so much easier to clean up after 3 than 5, and I instantly thought of Lettie and Wendy :)

Ok, I have to go finish now, be back later :)

XOXO

Joni135
08-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Nicole - I cry at lots of things on tv (Hallmark commercials get me all the time)...actually, I'm also a wimp and if something is really violent or evil, I change the station and just cannot watch.

I came from Chicago and we said pop. In Georgia, you say coke, but it can mean anything (Dr. Pepper, diet coke, 7 up)....I just say diet coke. And I want me tea UNSWEET; not SWEET. That's hard to get down here sometimes! In Georgia they say bedroom SUIT (I say a bedroom suite). And my nieces and nephews call me ANT Joni (vs AHHHNT Joni)

My family has a mental list of what they call Jonisms. The latest thing I did was buy my DH some "ear goggles" (my name for the headphones you put on to protect your ears when you go skeet or target shooting); I bought an "anatomically" correct clock for the guest room (I mean atomic). I really, really do have a college education!

Y'all have a good night....

slim n trim
08-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Katie, we say slower than molasses in January as well, also slicker than snot. Sounds like your gramma is quite a character. I like the one about more nervous than a fart on a hot griddle. You should share some more of those sayings with us. I used to work with a guy who had a lot of sayings to - like I will beat you like a rented mule, or a red headed step child ( he was kidding of course - he wouldn't really)

By the way, congrats Auntie Katie - he sounds like a big baby. I love the name.

Mama Nicole
08-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Katie.....your Grandma sounds like a hoot!!! So good to hear the baby is nursing well. Is this your sister's first baby? She is so lucky to have you to help her :)

Joni.........sweet tea is huge here too........and being from the north, I had never heard of it.......lol. I had had sweetend iced tea with LEMON, but not just sugar. It cracks me up.....you can even get it at McDonald's!!!

Also.......my kids tease me about a few of my words and expressions.....like:
tony nails = toe nails
cheesy noodles = macaroni and cheese
rise above it....apparently that is my response to my children's tattles when they are arguing......
the list goes on......

also......I REFUSE to watch anything scary or violent. It gives me a stomach ache.....so I too am a whimp. What can ya do? The good thing is, I have censored what my kids have watched, and my opposition to violence has only done them good.

So where is Cassi today?

Keep up the hard work, Amy!!

Lynn.......very funny about Shabenglish!!!!

Lea Ann.......WTG on the kick boxing. I am just too tired to do that crap......LOL. And, I don't think you are older than me :)

Ok, hello to eveyone I missed. I am going to put DS to bed and relax a bit :) I am anxious and nervous to WI tomorrow after my B-Day eats.
XOXO

Kansas
08-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Mama Nicole - they say it is a small world - I am a born and bred Hematite - that would be from Ishpeming for all the non Yoopers. If you are from Lower Michigan we call you trolls (they live below the bridge!). I probably know some of your family since I graduated from Ishpeming High School and Northern Michigan University (home to Steve Maruci and the founder of Starbucks!). And yes, it is always proper to leave the unnecessary words from sentences out - usually the prepositions. I could definitely eat a pasty (from anywhere in Negaunee or Ishpeming) followed by a cudighi from Tino's in Negaunee right about now...

Oh boy - guess I better call my mom - I've gone and made myself homesick!

Repo girl
08-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Hehe, you guys are so funny!

About poor people, my grandma says that they "Don't have a pot to p$ss in or a window to throw it out of."

About religious people, "She wouldn't say sh$t if she had a turd in each hand and a mouthful."

CandlePrincess
08-06-2007, 10:27 PM
ok...since i'm southren let me educate some of ya'll....
in the south when we go to the store we get a buggy...not a cart!
We mash the button, not push it
we drink soda....
when we order tea...we just know it's sweet.
the civil war is STILL known as "The War of Northren Aggression"
We do re create battles from the civil war (just like in Sweet Home Alabama)
when the clothes go from the washer to the dryer it's called..."turning the clothes over"
and if you're nervous it's likely you are "as nervous as a witch in church"
and last....I don't care if you're 105....your mother and father have been, will be forever Mama and Daddy!

Repo girl
08-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Here is the best one ever, comes from a pig farmer. "Cuter than a little pig pi$$ing".

CandlePrincess
08-06-2007, 10:52 PM
and let me add this lest anyone really consider asking.....
Yes we really do take our pagents SERIOUSLY! LOL If I could do it...DFD would have already been in a baby pagent this year!

There was a book a few years ago....."We're Just Like You Only Prettier...confession of a Tarnished Southern Belle"... i read it at school and laughed and laughed...it was just like bein' down home!

Goodnight Ya'll!

galachick
08-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

I just came in from working at the school. OK... well I didn't just come in... actually I came in 30 minutes ago.... it has just taken 30 minutes to read the 5 pages of post that have already been written today. Hee Hee!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Wendy and Nicole...a little belated, sorry!

To add to the "Grandma Sayings":
My grandmother says "There ain't nothin' worse than 'woke-up-love' or 'cold coffee'! She first informed me of this the night before my wedding with all my bridesmaids sitting around!:o
I actually thought it was funny but didn't bother to tell her I disagreed with the 'woke-up-love' part...:devil:

Southern Slang:

Around here in Georgia we don't say "I am going to ....." we say "I'm fixin' to...."

Children Slang:

Remember I'm an elementary school counselor? Well, I had a little girl refer to her mom's live-in boyfriend as her "Fake Daddy". I got a little tickled with that one.

MY COD:
I didn't make it to my COD for WI today but I thought I would mention something new they introduced last week. My COD now offers pre-prepared package meals (like the ones Nutrisystem advertises). They don't have to be refrigerated. They just got them last Wednesday. I haven't tried any yet. Has anyone else seen these???

Got to go get a few winks!

Night all!

lizababe
08-07-2007, 12:00 AM
The only thing I can relate to is pop. In the NW it was pop but here in S. Cali it is soda. When I was growing up we had the PoP factory that made every flavor you could imagine. It was like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory to us as kids. It's long gone now... *sniff*

Otherwise, the West Coast seriously lacks culture. Well, except for when I was in Alaska and everything is an inside joke at tourists. At least there is a large enough Jewish community in S. Cali to introduce me properly to Jewish food and enough deli's to provide me with Challah and Kishka when I get the urge.

Did anyone have a POP day? I was close... I brought a nice salad with Tuna and lots of veggies into work for lunch. I forgot there was a little potluck kind of thing going on. I gave into the Ruffles. I hadn't had them in sooooo long. I'll be drinking lemon water tomorrow I guess. They were so good though!

Dan2112
08-07-2007, 12:51 AM
We were sorta POP... It all started out well, but we broke down and went to Mickey D's for dinner.. Liz and I had a burger with a side salad, and split some fries.. We both needed starches, so I figure we're ok, even though fries are verbotten... That said, we didn't really have that many.. Are we forgiven?? At least we had salads, right?

Anyway.. Last post before leaving.. I'm just getting some last laundry done while Liz snoozes peacefully upstairs.. :lol:

Talk to y'all soon..

Prazteam
08-07-2007, 02:50 AM
Nicole - I too am a wuss! I not only close my eyes at violence or suspense but I hide behind a book or magazine or sometimes just leave the room all together! And horror?!? I've never seen one and I don't intend to! YUK! Not my cup of (Southern Iced) tea!
As for crying at commercial... there are some that make me cry because I have to see them again, like the "cave man" commercials for insurance! I am known for "tuning out" commercials, even on radio. The kids will ask what did he say and I'll say who?!?
Here are a couple from out our way: It's hotter than He|| on a Summer's day!
My late FIL used to say a woman of ill repute was "just like a horse, she looks like she's been rode hard and put up wet".
Another from my late FIL - A man that had a reputation for being a ladies man was a "Rounder".
You don't take a "peak" at something, you take a "gander".
If you need a "drink" it's hard liquor or water. Otherwise, it's a soda or tea (which is ALWAYS sweetened, never boiled but brewed, and never EVER has sugar granules in it!) ;)
We run to the store, mall, etc. We drive each other crazy.
From our ex-Pastor, we don't argue, we have intense fellowship (and if it gets too intense, it's a domestic).
We don't get out of bed or roll out of bed, we just get up.
We don't turn off the light, we turn out the light.
Okay, it was a long night at work and one of the a/c units is out, so it was hotter than Hades on a summer's day! :rofl:
My brain is tired so I'll say good night (morning) for now.
Blessings,

Joni135
08-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Liza - I had a tuna day yesterday myself...all proud that I had planned and prepared...and I gave in to some ranch flavored d*r*tos (may as well sensor it like it's slang!). I feel quite puffy today. Lots of water for sure. And I conveniently forgot to weigh in as part of the Chicks to the Finish challenge....but nothing wrong with not weighing myself every frickin day!!

It's going to be quiet without Dan here this week. I cracked up when he was still up doing laundry while Liz was sleeping. I swear, I obviously missed the life lesson on finding a house husband! Okay, just to remind myself, I am happy for all I've got!

Close to 100 degrees here again today with humidity out the roof. It's actually hard to breath outside. Guess I'll hit the treadmill inside. Too bad I can't get the dogs to walk on it.

I need to go plan some healthy meals.....at least all the ranch chippy things are out of the house!

Repo girl
08-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Haha, I love seeing everyone's sayings. If you tell my grandma that you are pregnant with a baby girl, she will congratulate your husband, telling him that "It takes a real man to get the plumbing on the inside." Also in my family, farts are bucksnorts, if you get your shirt dirty, you have been smirched, and someone who has done you wrong is a swill hound or a dirty swiller. Can you tell that I was raised on a pig farm?

One more about my grandma. She can be a little scary at times. If she want to tell someone off, they had better run. She has really embarrassed me at stores and restaurants on many occasions. You just do not cross her! My SIL coined the phrase, "Going Pfeiffer on their a$$". Grandma's last name is Pfeiffer. So now, if you are going really go after somebody for some offense, you are sure to go Pfeiffer on them.

Once when we were camping, she came into the camper and said, "Have you got a match?" I headed to the cupboard for a match and she said, "I will give you a match, your butt and my face. I mean, my face and your butt! No, no, I mean your face and my butt!" I laughed myself silly.

Repo girl
08-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Joni- Is a house husband like a house elf?

aguerin
08-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Those are too funny Katie. My favorite so far is my Fake Daddy from Renee. I had always heard the term "it takes a real man to blow their balls off".

aguerin
08-07-2007, 09:00 AM
GM all and here's to another POP day. I had a POP day yesterday after they added the buffet to my daily allowance. I really enjoyed all that extra food. I haven't had that much to eat a day since the middle of May when I started.

Here in AL we use the term Coke and yes it does mean for any type of soft drink. We EXPECT sweet tea and if you don't have it we dont' bother. We will take water with lemon.

I have boss who uses the term "finer than frogs hair" when you ask him how he is doing.

Katy66
08-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Good Morning! These posts are just too funny.... Here in NC

Everything is coke and the iced tea better be sweet. I was appalled on my first trip to Boston when I ordered tea and got a cup of hot tea...:)
The roads are slicker than owl s#$@

When you wash off instead of a bath it is a whore's bath.

Instead of nervous as a witch in church it is nervous as a whore in church.

Barbecue is a food, not a verb. This is "grilling out".

Stories are like pancakes, no matter how flat you try to make them there are still two sides!

A bad person is a "snake in the grass"

Oh, and a guy with a big belly is "pussel gutted"

Living together is "playing house"

When you meet an old friend on the street the appropriate greeting is "Hows your Mama and them?"

Welll I better run get some work done, another busy day. I've had 3 POP days in a row so I better see some scale movement.

Dairy Fairy
08-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Ok, you guys who are trying new sizes on will relate to this phrase for a woman wearing much too tight pants: "You could stick a quarter down her jeans and call heads or tails." I love that!

I'm down 4 good pounds for this first week...good pounds meaning I have not been on total sodium patrol and they have stayed off. I am a little too busy around dinner time to make everything totally according to plan...calories are ok, but I am having to resort to some prepackaged help for some things so the sodium is probably too high. At least I am making steps in the right direction, though.

lizababe
08-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Joni - I was laughing over the house husband thing too! I'd settle for someone who could change a toilet seat out for me.. Heaven forbid they do laundry too!!!!

Mama Nicole
08-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Joni- Is a house husband like a house elf?

:rofl:

I do not have a house husband, nor a house elf (WTF? LOL LOL). I don't know if my DH has done a load of laundry since we got married.......well, maybe one or two when I was gone for three weeks, but other than that.....nada. So, don't feel bad, Joni :)

You guys are killing me this morning. What a very entertaining board. I feel like I am getting a country wide education!!! I am waiting for Kristen to chime in for us.

Kansas...........one of my best friends in the whole wide world graduated from NMU. How old are you? Oh, by the way, I make a mean pasty :)

K, gotta try to catch up on some posts, and then do some laundry. It is supposed to be up over 100 again today. It has been over 90 for 8 days, and over 95 for 6. THere is a heat emergency thingie going on all week, cuz it is just gross outside. Sure am glad I got our pool up so the kids and I can be outside for some of the day. The heat index is forcast to be 112. That is just wrong.

Oh, are they checking all of your bridges? They have closed a few of ours for repairs since the MN disaster.

K, really going now :)

Have an OP day today..............to coin Cassi's phrase.........."progress, not perfection!!!"
XOXO

juliemarie
08-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Liza-are you referring to Pop Shop pop-that came in those little bottles and were always advertised during the Ramblin Rod show? I used to love those too!

The different sayings are cracking me up-I've used some of them. The only other one I can think of is my dad's "You're so full of s$*t your eyes are brown".

juliemarie
08-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Nicole-Oregon's also gone bridge crazy-especially talking about a couple of bridges I cross daily that are similar to the one that collapsed and about as old. Nice. We have another one that has been closed to trucks and bus traffic for a couple of years now-it badly needs repairs or replacing, but no one can agree on what to do or how to pay for it. Apparently we'll be getting a gas tax soon to pay for bridge repairs. I'm okay with that!

Kansas
08-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Mama Nicole - 42 - Graduated with a degree in Accounting in 1987 and a Masters of Public Administration in 1997.

Kansas (and Michigan) have joined the "Recheck your Bridge" club. I think they all will be doing it now but I would rather they go back and look at them than not. I have travelled over the one in Minnesota on my way to and from Kansas to go home and for shopping trips to the Mall of the Americas, etc.

Been POP so far today - but the day is young. Hopefully I won't make a left turn at lunch today!

lizababe
08-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Julie Marie - Yes - The Pop Shoppe! How funny I was just looking up Ramblin Rod last night because I was remembering doing a tour of the factory with the RR show. How sad to find out he died just a few years ago :-( Ramblin Rod was such an icon for all kids who grew up in the 70's in Oregon!

Mama Nicole
08-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Kansas......I just sent you a PM with a few names I could think of..........figured I shouldn't probably post last names of my friends in a public forum without their consent......lol

juliemarie
08-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Liza-now the question is-were you ever on the RR show? I was-and it was my birthday-so I got to stand up on the side with the other birthday kids. But, sadly, I didn't win the smile contest!

Boo'sMom
08-07-2007, 11:11 AM
I am loving all the sayings--so many I can relate to--at least all you Southerners! For you Yanks--my Papa just got a new roommate in the nursing home (Alzheimers) and he was griping cuz they are "forners" and spoke another language--yep--up North.

Today is housecleaning day (again--didn't I just post this!) as the company wagon starts trickling in tomorrow.

Pearl--on the driving me crazy--we say--just walk--it's a short trip.

Okay--I must get busy before DD goes on strike--she is in a hurry so she can play. We are supposed to hit our first 100 degree day (late for us) and then super hot all week/end--ugh--I need to go back to AZ where at least it's a dry heat--and yes--it makes all the difference in the world.

I was going to tell Dan the salad cancels the fries--that's my family rule--like a diet coke cancels a snickers.

Boo'sMom
08-07-2007, 11:12 AM
okay Nicole--I was 37 in May--do I win??

lizababe
08-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Awwww I'm so jealous! I never got to go on there for my birthday!! I was on the show with the girlscouts for the tour of the Pop Shoppe that they used in later segments but never got to sit on those bleachers! My brother did as part of his Cub Scout troop. I remember his house in Gresham that wasn't fenced in around, but had a HUGE front yard and lots of shrubs to keep people from peering in.

Another icon, Craig Walker. I worked with him 14 years ago when I was new in the business and mentioned to someone that he did a broadcast from my elementary school when he was doing PM Magazine. At the Christmas party, someone found a picture of that broadcast with little me sitting on his lap. I think his real age came crashing down on him at that moment... John Erikson made a joke about how they were always bragging about how many beautiful women they had on their lap but this was the tie breaker.

equinetcan
08-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Just got back from COD and gocery store. Damage was not that bad. Up 2.6 but that's after 2 months of not being there. I'll take that as it could have been a lot worse.

Also found out that we are getting the new plans up here as well. They thought they would have mine ready by saturday when I go back but if not then next week for sure. They had the portion plates there today too. Haven't decided if I will get one or not. So for right now I am still on red1. Hopefully when all is said and done with portion sizes it won't be too much more food as I have trouble getting it all in now as it is. But we'll see.

I go see the furkid tonight as well for my normal tues visit.

I bought fruit and veggies today and now I just have to force myself to eat them. Veggies are ok but I literally have to force myself to get my 4 servings of fruit a day. But I tried to buy things that I thought I wouldeat without too much difficulty.

I needed a diary and tey didn't have any of mine left where they are switching plans so she had to give me a green one and told me to just mark in the extra servings. Kinda weird having a green diary in my purse!!

I'll check in later...have a POP day everybody!!

Mama Nicole
08-07-2007, 12:11 PM
LOL, Liza.......how about Bozo? Did any of you watch Bozo's circus? I got to go to a taping of that show.......it took my mom like 5 years or something crazy like that to get the tickets. I didn't get to play the grand prize game......but it was still quite awesome!!!

37 too, Lea Ann......so you really aren't any older than I am :)

Holy crap is it hot outside!!! It's only 91 so far, but the heat index is 99, and we were trying to play outside without being in the pool........no such luck. I am sunburned from yesterday, so our swimming adventures will have to wait until after 3. Oh, that's something else that blows me away about living in a southern state (you wouldn't think missouri would be considered a southern state......but visit here for a week, and you will see.......LOL)...........the hottest part of the day here is between 3 and 5. It was always between 12 and 4 up north.......cuz as soon as the sun started going west.......the lake breeze would cool you down. Weird.

lizababe
08-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Yikes Nicole! That's a hot one!!!! Good luck getting through the heat!

I don't think we got Bozo in the NW but here's something you'll like... The Simpson's "Krusty The Clown" is based on a former sidekick of Ramblin Rod, Rusty Nails or as he was known then "Rusty The Clown." He didn't last long but apparently made a lasting impression on Matt Groening!

Angie
08-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Dan -- If there was fanfare, I missed it, but I wanted to congratulate you on two counts. The first is your journey to Onederland, and the second, on losing over 100 lbs!!! Way to go! :carrot::cb::hat::yes::encore::cheer2:

PS - We say pop in southern Ontario, but in eastern Ontario it's often called a soft drink.

Happy belated birthday to Nicole and Wendy! I would have liked to have baked each of you your own cake, but as time was short, this is the best I could do, and you'll have to share...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/suziewan/cake2.jpg

Pearl -- I'm sorry about DS's wallet, and especially the SS#. I'm not sure what to do but pray/wish and hope that he finds it, or that it's returned by someone?

Alannah -- Good luck with your financing and house hunt! That is such an exciting time in one's life. Right Felicia? Felicia??? You out there under a box somewhere? :D

Nicole -- It depends on the commercial (whether you are crazy or not). If you cry at the one with the little fluffy white kittens playing with toilet paper, then yes, you are certifiable. If it's one of the touching ones with a 'kodak moment' between father and son, or a long distance commercial where someone calls at just the right time...that's fine...completely normal. I remember Bozo the Clown, I had a doll of him, but it actually scared the sh!t out of me, so he didn't last long. I'll join you and Lea Ann and be 37 in October.

Someday, I will tell you what my grandma says when someone gets pregnant..... Katie -- The best one I've heard for this is "She's got a roast in the crotch pot" That's what I get for hanging around fertility/pregnancy boards...lol

Julie -- They had a Pop Shoppe here too with all the little bottles and flavours. I loved black cherry!

Boo'sMom
08-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Yeah--1970 was a great year!

Angie--great job on the cake--lol

Mama Nicole
08-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Yes, thank you, Angie, for the lovely cake. As you all may know by now................I LOVE CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mama Nicole
08-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Oh, and yes, Dan.......congrats on Onederland!!!!

Hey, do you guys think if I made toddler/baby dresses they might sell on ebay? I will try to find some pictures of some of the ones I have made in the past to see what you think. I really kind of want a job......but not a traditional one :)

Prazteam
08-07-2007, 01:38 PM
DS went to DMV to replace his 90 day license and do you know they wouldn't give it to him?!? He has to have a parent with him and his birth certificate (again!)!!! Good grief! And of course, we just had his SS card and birth certificate out for his driving lessons and for DMV and low and behold.... now I can't find either of them! I know they were both in a legal envelope and I wrote his name and "Social Security Card/Birth Certificate" on the envelope.
I started looking for it this morning and it literally made me sick when I couldn't find it! Of course, he's off today and off with his friends having fun... since Mom is at home and can look for it! :flame:
Gotta go... I'm about to give up and just try and get replacements for both of them too! (GOOD GRIEF!)
Blessings,

bayoubelle68
08-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey, guys (she sighed wearily as she crawled up to the computer and forced herself to type). We are mostly moved in and loving the new house. If you came over to visit, you would think that we had moved in miraculously fast, but that's because of our moving strategy. I had DH put all the boxes in the garage instead of in the house. That way, I just go get a box at a time and unload it whenever I'm in the mood. I just didn't want to be weaving in and out of boxes in every room.

I'm actually at school today, working on my classroom. My classroom is far from ready. I had intended to get it completely done before the move, but never got back up here in the midst of packing. Kids will be here on Monday!!

bayoubelle68
08-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Nicole - YES, they would sell! Handmade clothes sell great on eBay! I'm such an eBay freak!!

Angie
08-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Nicole -- I am an Ebay addict. I buy so many of DS's clothes on there. My friend makes pillowcase dresses and sells them on her website, they are super simple and cheap to make, but so so cute. You can google them to see what they look like. I'd love to see one that you've made.

Felicia -- Welcome back from boxland!

Pearl -- How about you tell DS that you found the envelope, but you've re-hidden it for him to find, so he doesn't miss out on any of the fun of looking?

Mama Nicole
08-07-2007, 02:18 PM
ok, I put a photo of a dress I made for 11 yo DD when she was a baby in my profile. I LOVE making little dresses, and would love to make $$$ doing it. I like old fashioned type dresses..........so check it out and see what you think.

Felicia..........I know how tiring it is to move......I had to do it twice in a year a few years ago. the best part though.......your stuff is actually organized for a little while :)

Pearl......good luck with DS's ID stuff. I know what a pain it can be.

Oh, also......if any of you know of someone looking for a custom made miniature bride dress, or a flower girl dress (yes, there is a difference).......hook me up. I made ODS 5 miniature brides dresses in her first 5 years. They are super fun to make :)

CandlePrincess
08-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Nicole....is there ANYTHING you don't do??? LOL Your dresses are adoreable. I think they'd sell on ebay. My mom has bought a few things from ebay for DFD....it's easy to find girls stuff..harder for cute boys stuff...in my opinion. So I'd say....Sew away!

POP so far today.......now I'm off into the sweltering heat!

Katy66
08-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Nicole - I think you could sell the dresses no problem! The one you pictured is adorable.

Felicia - Glad your back and great strategy for unpacking. I actually left boxes in my garage for a year! It was like all new stuff when I finally went through it:)

Pearl - so sorry the DS's wallet catastrophe is growing. I guess we mom's always have to find things. My DH or DD can be looking right at something and I have to go pick it up and hand it to them.

Heather - congrats on the POP!

Ended up going out to lunch today with my sis and had the WW Chicken Confetti at Applebee's. It was actually pretty good. I don't think it was a horrible choice. That scale has got to move this week. We've got a big family event on Saturday to celebrate my nephew's upcoming marriage. The menu is barbecue - YIKES I just want to make sure we have plenty of veggies and fruits so I can fill up on those. In addition to the pork bbq we are having chicken, I just hope I can pass up the pork for it:)

Oh well better run! Big hello to all of you out there!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Nicole-The dress is beautiful. I miss my DD being little, she just turned 18 ::sighing::

I read a quote in the paper earlier I had to share.....
"That's as useless as a woodpecker on a metal pole."

KrispieD
08-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Kim you are probably more smoking hot than your 18 year old now!

Nicole..make me some dresses for my girls and I'll bake you cakes.

Okay it took me forever to catch up on all the sayings but a friend of mine with a sharp tongue always says:

She was all over that like a fat kid on a smartie or Pavarotti on a cheese log (this being the large opera singer)

I wish I could remember some of my scottish granny's sayings but I have to vote for Granny Pfieffer to take the cake.. Katie sounds like she was a HOOT!

penelope23
08-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Hello all! I am new here and new to lawl (12th day). I've enjoyed reading all of the posts. Just wanted to say hi!

Katy66
08-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Welcome Penelope23, glad you found this site.

Boo'sMom
08-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Welcome Penelope--hang around--it's entertaining if nothing else.

Nicole--adorable dress--of course you could sell them--perfect for you!

Felicia--we go back the 20th and the kids start the 27th--everything in my room is still in boxes--guess I need to get motivated. Congrats again on the new house.

Pearl--I hope things start looking up for replacing everything--or the wallet turns up (BEFORE you go through all the trouble). I can't imagine. I did make a file of every card/acct. #/phone #/etc. from my wallet a while back but I sure hope I don't ever need it.

Hi to all--laziness hit hard after the house was finished--have KB class tonight so I don't want to shower and now I just feel blah.

slim n trim
08-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Welcome Penelope - you will have fun here.

Nicole - dress is just darling. I love the old fashioned look as well.
I am sure that you could sell them. They could be the next big hit. Dresses by Mama N vs - Baby Gap or Carters.

bayoubelle68
08-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Nicole - dresses like the one in your picture would sell like hotcakes!! I buy LOTS of clothes for DD on eBay.

Angie - I would love your friend's website URL. We LOVE pillowcase dresses! I need to learn to make them so I can have them in lots of sizes for my photo shoots. I have an antique Battenburg lace pillowcase that I'm planning to turn into a dress for DD when I learn how!

Gotta run. We're at the old house STILL cleaning and chunking. We don't have internet, cable, or phones at the new house, but will after tomorrow. We left everything hooked up here until we got hooked up at the new place.

I got some stuff done today in my classroom, but it's still nowhere near ready. Oh, well. It doesn't have to be ready until our Sunday open house! We will have meetings all day tomorrow and then will have Thursday and Friday to work on our classrooms.

dolphn545
08-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Hey Everybody! :wave:

Just checking in. I dragged myself to WI today. Up 0.8 from the weekend. But they measured me today and I'm down a total of 10 inches. :dancer: Guess the weekend walking helped a bit! I think I'm going to WI again tomorrow morning too.

Here's to a great POP evening everyone!

bahamadream10
08-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Hi everybody just wanted to pop in and say Happy Tuesday. I had patients all day today so I am more than tired and ready to pass out and go to bed. I work for a GI doctor so if I hear another person tell me about their bowel issues or poop problems I am just going to scream!!!!!
Nicole- I have bought a lot of clothes for my dtr and her american girl dolls. Your dress would definately sell, get sewing girl I am sure you will have a lot of customers including on this site who have little kids. If you can make doll clothes american girl clothes is a big seller on ebay. Good luck!

momlosingmore
08-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Dan: Thats just it, the COD is not offering any suggestions other than to use the suggested higher fiber options of which I am already doing. At least one from each group on a daily basis. I might note that I am already fudging on the veggie and fruit portions already an extra one a day if I have to. THe point is, I don't want to do that, but I guess you have to do what you have to do. I am still losing in doing that, so I may just add it to the plan and be done with it.

Lynn: My servings are: 2P, 2V, 2F, 2S, 1Fa, 1D, 2 Lites. Boy that extra veggie and extra fruit from the gold plan sure did make a difference. I also use the SF jello and will probably start using the FF Broth on a daily basis to see if this helps, but Like I said, I am tired of being hungry all the time.

Hello,
Do you weigh in Hsv? If so, I added on 42 weeks of Weightloss, 6 of Stab, and 52 of maintenance for $99. Don't let them rip you off. Of course that is when Kristen and Jackie were there, I don't know if CJ will do it.
Never know until you ask!
Good luck.
Tammy Red with lites
326.4/249/190 77.4 lbs gone

Angie
08-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Nicole -- I love the dress! Yes, for sure you can sell the dress on ebay.

Penelope -- Welcome to the group. :welcome:

Felicia -- Your wish is my command...here is my friend's website. She also make s blankets and the cutest little hair bows. http://sewingdelight.tripod.com/
I was thinking about Nicole's dressed with bloomers for photographs too...my friend is a photographer and was mentioning that it's not easy to find bloomers here.

Sherry -- Way to go on your 10 inches!

Joni135
08-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Wow - talkative bunch here...Nicole...I was a big fan of Bozo the Clown and Garfield Goose shows growing up. We got tix for the Bozo Show, but wound up giving them to a neighbor and her little girl got picked for the Grand Prize Game...she kept cheating and walking up to the bucket. After three times, the guy held her feet down and made her throw the ball from the starting point, and of course, she missed. We used to make clothes for the Garfield Goose characters and mail them in and hope they would show them on TV. Speaking of which, I must go check out your creations....and the pillow case creations.

CandlePrincess
08-07-2007, 11:11 PM
ok..so i started the day well and ended it badly. I'm not sure what's going on...i think it was this point last time that i got frustrated and started gaining again.......but tomorrow is another day and i'm planning POP!

Boo'sMom
08-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Nanette--you will scream a lot around here--your 2 favorite topics come up a lot--sorry.

Sherry--congrats on the inches--that's great.

Nite all--survived another night of KB, will go in the a.m. then off til next week when my company is gone.

galachick
08-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Hello Everyone,

I made it to WI today and I was down 3.6 lbs! WOO-HOO! Maybe my vacation rebound is over and I am on the journey down hill again.
Joni's right! It is super hot here in Georgia. The school superintendent sent out an email today saying when school starts, Thursday, the children were not to participate in any outdoor activities until further notice. --- can you say "Fit to be tied!"?

Congrats to all the other losers!

Nicole - I'm a 1970s baby, too! ....Precious dresses! They would sell on Ebay like hot cakes! I just have a son but my sister has three girls. She is always having a children's clothes party at her house and buying those cute outfits. She would love your dresses, too. Around here the teachers with little girls eat those clothes up! Go for it!

Welcome, Penelope! These folks are the greatest!

Angie -- your friends pillowcase dressing are adorable! What a neat idea!

OK, I have to go to bed now! I was working at the school late again today and we have open house tomorrow from 4 - 7 so I need some shut eye!

Nite, all!

dolphn545
08-08-2007, 07:08 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

:welcome: Penelope

Lea Ann - I missed a whole bunch of threads somewhere along the line. Are you going back as a teacher this year?? I caught congrats to you on your job, but I tried to go back to see. Can you please repeat for me? Thanks!

Nicole - I'm not an ebay shopper, but that dress is absolutely adorable!!

I told DH I was going to WI this morning. He thinks I'm nuts cuz I was just there 12 hours ago. I told him I need a morning weight. He just doesn't understand. Oh well...

Hope everyone has a great POP day !! :cheers:

Boo'sMom
08-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Sherry--I totally understand the morning weight--preferably before food and coffee! Go for it. And good luck.

And yes-I got a teaching job--high school English--and I am excited. Nothing wrong with being an aide but it was really hard after teaching for so long. I have learned that aides are overworked and underpaid/valued--I have a whole new insight now.

Hope everyone has a great day. Finished up some last minute cleaning and laundry. Have KB at 9:00 then my company will be here around 1:00 and they already have shopping and pedicures on the schedule--no problem!

aguerin
08-08-2007, 08:37 AM
GM all and heres to a POP Wednesday. Its hump day already. Whoo Hoo. I am going to WI today and am going to ask for a special or something for a few more WL weeks. If not, its going to be on to fake stabalization and maintenance. Surely they will try to do something to get some more money out of me. I hope to get one of the good counselors and not one of the jr ones. LoL

Katy66
08-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Morning everyone!

Amy - I would definately hold out for a special. The COD here offers one seems like every week. Of course, when I need more weeks they probably won't be offering anything:)

Renee - What grade do you teach? I can't imagine being in a room with 20+ kids that have no way to release all that energy!

Heather - good luck with POP, YOU CAN DO IT!

As for me, I go a little off plan late yesterday but that was the first time since Saturday! My BNWI is still stuck though (: I think that TOM is fast approaching so that may be part of the issue or perhaps just at a small plateau stage. Things have got to get going in the right direction again soon, DOWNWARD!

Have a great day everyone and good luck with staying POP!!!!

Boo'sMom
08-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Amy--can you request a counselor? When we sign in we can just put their name out to the side if we have someone in particular. Or I would always call my favorite on my way over so she could be expecting me.

Joni135
08-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Morning everyone....everywhere I've been on this site today, Lea Ann posted right before me. I feel like I'm stalking her.....but, I won't be doing any kickboxing today, so she's safe there.

It's supposed to be in the high 90s today and by 5 PM they said it will feel like it's 110 degrees. All I keep thinking is what is my electric bill going to look like next month.......yuck!

Yesterday was National Underwear Day (for real!) and studies show that the trend is folks leaning towards going "commando." Very interesting...

Sherry - a morning weigh in is the ONLY "weigh" to go. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. And if it makes you happy, DH should be happy too.

Lynx
08-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi Joni,
Speaking of the extended hot weather days - I bet you are really enjoying your new air conditioner...
I am going to a bra fit consultation today. I have not done that in a long time. I am anxious to see how far off I have been in choosing a correct size for me. I have heard that wearing the proper size bra can make you look pounds thinner and make your clothes look better. We will see...

I have been on Plan 2 since Friday, 7/27 and as of today I am down 1.8 pounds. I went up .6 at first. I think I turned the corner now.

I caved in and bought 3 of the new packaged meals. I am getting sick of the same old, same old menus I come up with each day. They are $3.99 each and I was told that you can have 2 a day. I don't plan to do that. I understand that there are 15 choices. I got the Vegetable lasagna, Chicken Chili and Mushroom Risotto.

aguerin
08-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Boos Mom - I don't know. I guess I will have to try that. The problem is, I don't know but one of their names. I need to start doing that because at my last measurement day the counselor that measured me is about a foot shorter than me I don't think she got it right at my bustline. I don't mind showing a loss, but I want it to be a true loss and not operator error.

It is SOOOOOO Hot here in HSV where I work and so miserable outside. My DH is in the logging business and I know it has got to be very hard on him. It is suppose to be 101 on Thursday. Any suggestions on how to stay cool outside anyone? I told him to take a wet hand towel and keep on him, but I don't know how long that will last before the water in it reaches boiling point.

aguerin
08-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Does anyone know what has happened to MTDebster? Haven't seen any posts from her in a while.

Mama Nicole
08-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone :)

Well, it looks as if it is going to be a skorcher here today too....highs are supposed to be 102.......EW, so I guess I will continue cleaning my basement. I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing. Also, after talking with DH last night......I think I may pursue my sewing ideas. I did a bit of research last night, and it seems that I can own a web domain for pretty cheap and try marketing that way. I can also use ebay, and try to bring some of the fancier samples (miniature bride dresses) to some specialty shops to see what we can do. I am kind of excited. I will dig around in my basement to see what I have down there before I go tear up all the fabric stores :) Fabric stores are a bit of a weakness for me.

So I was thinking that we shoud have some sort of a party for Dan for making it to 100 lbs. Maybe Angie could make him a cake............lol.

Where the **** is Kim(phin)???? I miss my sarcastic, dirty minded little friend.

Lettie..........I did get your PM, just haven't taken the time to respond.....but I am thinking of you :) XOXO

So, do you think Wendy survived her birthday? And what happened to the other Wendy anyway? She she blow away in the wind (skinny)?

Alright........I must get going..........and I am going to have to get my kids on an earlier schedule, as school starts in one week. We are total slackers around here......and we are lovin it :)

Have an OP day today eveyrone :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
08-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Oh, Amy.....your poor DH. Fortunately, when you always work outside, you tend to survive it better than those who are in air conditioning all day long......but 101 is tough on ANYONE!!!! Everyone who has to be outside......please be careful, and listen to you bodies!!!!!

Our pool water is so warm it is almost gross.

Dan2112
08-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Good morning from Denver... Just a quick check in while I'm online getting my timesheet done...

We're doing ok, plan wise.. It's been tough, but we haven't had to make any major transgressions... We both decided we're not going to have the same old grilled chicken salads if we can choose something else...

Anyway, we'll see you soon...!

amylou7777
08-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Good morning all!

Katy- I am right there with ya. TOM is lurking it's evil head and I have had the worst case of the "nibbles" for the past two days. These pre TOM few days I NEVER feel full and all I want are things I can't have. Luckily I didn't go too overboard but needless to say the scale hasn't moved.

I think I will skip w/i today and go to the grocery store to stock up on legal items.

Lynn-are you going to a specialty shop for your fitting? My bras have been fitting horribly but when I tried to get back into the size I was wearing when I was thinner it still didn't fit. I'd be interested to see what size they'd put me in now...let us know how it goes.

Nicole-good luck with your start up! Word of mouth is the best advertisement. My grandmother makes baby blankets and over the shoulder burb rags that she sells at craft sales/ boutiques. After a few years she stopped going to the boutiques and people started calling her for orders. Now she can make them as they are ordered. She has so much fun with it. I'm sure you can't wait to get started.

Amy-good luck at the COD today.

LeeAnn-pedis and shopping sound like fun!

Everyone stay cool out there! It has finally cooled down here after a couple weeks around 100. Those A/C bills are brutal!

Check back later!

Where is MTDebster? TNDeb? Jillian? Hope you all are doing well!

Here's to a POP effort today!

aguerin
08-08-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm Back for the COD and my weight is down 1.6 pounds from Monday and with all that extra food. Yeaaaaa. I am so happy. It had stayed the same from last Wed to Mon so I told her to add some more food. LOL (makes sense to me).

Anyway got the munchkin counselor that I don't like and she also told me that they weren't running any specials on the add on weeks so I told her I guess I would be moving to stabalization next week and it made me SO MAD :mad: Cause I know they can do it.

I think I will make an appointment next Thrusday to speak with the manager and see what she can do.

Time for lunch and then to run some errands for work. Thats the best work day for me is to be out of the office. :D

Lynx
08-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Amy - one of the large department stores here is having a "fit clinic" with representatives coming from the large companies that sell bras. So I thought
it would be a good time to check this out. I have mixed emotions about this. It like looking for a swimming suit. Although last week I went to Lands End summer clearance tent event and I found a lovely swimming suit for $17, regular price $65. It is one size too small, but that is ok.

I just came from exercising at my fitness club so I have to go get cleaned up and get over there during the 2 hours that they are doing this. The same store is also having big sales today so I will look around a little as well.

Later....

Mama Nicole
08-08-2007, 12:27 PM
I don't want to work........I just want to play on this site all day...........

Lynx
08-08-2007, 12:39 PM
That's why we miss you so much when you are gone....

JLem311
08-08-2007, 01:00 PM
hey everyone. just a quick check in. not much to report right now. things aren't going that great life-wise right now, but i'm trying to hang in there.
i've been doing this new plan--plan #4 without lites since last thursday, and it's been ok. kinda feels like starting over again, with new stuff to figure out about the plan. i seem to be doing ok without the bars, so we'll see. i really don't miss the lunas that much. kinda got sick of them. but it'd be nice to drop to plan #3 with lites instead so i wouldn't have so much stuff to eat!

anyways, i'm still holding at 210, so we'll see what tomorrow brings. i'm off and since that's my only day off til next wed, i'm gonna WI tomorrow. plus TOM is due to show up in a few days so hopefully, i won't show a gain.

anyways, sorry for being MIA for a while. just haven't felt the greatest.

Mama Nicole
08-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Oh, Jillian.......you know that is the worst time to stay away......when you are feeling down. You can always just post a, "hi.........I feel like $hit....how you doin;?" and we'll all know you need a boost and some cyber hugs!!!! Thanks for remembering my B-Day, by the way.........very sweet :)
XOXO

Angie
08-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Lea Ann -- Way to stick with the kick boxing! You are doing so well with that.

Renee -- Wowsers! Good job on the 3.6lbs.

Lynn -- I was so excited about the packaged meals, I thought they had them in our COD this morning, but it turned out to be a 'portion plate', like a kids' plate with sections for each type of food. I learned that we are going to the new numbered plans at the end of August...I can't wait. I need a change. Congrats on your 1.8lbs! Let us know how the bra fitting goes and how the dinners are.

Amy -- My DH works outside too, so the hot weather is really hard on him. The good thing is that he's installing pools, so more often than not there is at least a hose available to cool down, if not an actual pool.

Nicole -- I make quilts and blankets, so I'm a fabric store junkie too. I have a chest full of fabric that I have 'plans' for in our basement. Sure! I'll make a cake for Dan!

There are a lot of people missing lately. It's so hard to tell the difference between missing and on vacation, lol. Debster, Debbie in TN, the Wendy's, Kim in NY, Lettie, Danette. Many others too, Libby, Evette, Sara, UK Sarah....I could go on and on.

amylou7777
08-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Congrats to Renee and Amy-great losses! I wish I could join in your celebration but I stayed the same today.....

Lynn-let us know how the fitting goes!

Jillian-Nicole is so right! We are here for ya! I hope things start going better very soon...

CandlePrincess
08-08-2007, 01:52 PM
well....in spite of my best efforts( i know i haven't been perfect) I seem to have gained those same pounds back...i'm up 3.5. I'm so sick of this. I know before I quit before I was eating less food...(i was on RED with lites) and now it seems i have a ton of food to eat (RED 1 no lites...) I'm drinking all the water...i just don't get what's going on. I now remember why i got so frustrated last time...I don't get to enjoy my food anymore and still I don't lose weight...hmmmmmmmmm

aguerin
08-08-2007, 02:01 PM
:mad: OMG I am back from my errands and my dress is literally sticking to me all over it is so hot outside. THis made my mood even worse. I had to go back to the COD to get a diary because the munchkin didn't give it to me when I left. Was it her fault for not giving it to me or was it mine for bolting from there when I finally got away from her chatter?

I already had a piece of the cake made for Dan so you ladies need to go on over and get yours.

Sorry just had to vent. COD is becoming my enemy.

Katy66
08-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Heather - I'm sorry you are so discouraged. My advice is DON"T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many of us have struggled up and down with a few pounds. Just when you think you can't get rid of it, there it goes!

aguerin
08-08-2007, 02:18 PM
More of my ya, ya about the center.

THey gave me a burnt orange colored diary that says Monthly Diary 1 on it. I have previously been using a green until they deplinish their current stock.

Is this burnt orange one the "new" one for the Feel Full Menu or does anybody know? THis makes me so mad that we pay for a service and we have to get second rate support. :mad:

O.K. thats all my ranting for the day (I hope)

Prazteam
08-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Amy - Great idea! Maybe I'll hide his cell phone! He'll tear up Heaven and Earth to find that!
Heather - It's times like this when the "rubber meets the road"! There have been plenty of times when I just absolutely did NOT look at the scale! I get tired of the same minues and losses... so when I hit those times, I just don't weigh! I watch my clothes and when I feel a difference, I check inches and then pounds. The most important thing is that I'm eating healthier than I have ever eaten in my entire life, I'm making better choices (even if they are perfect), and I feel better! Yeah, I get tired after a busy day at work but I'm refreshed the next morning instead of dragging like I used to. My joints don't ache with every movement, and even with getting back to bowling (I bowled a 201 on Friday night), my knees ache the next day but it's over after a few hours instead of weeks.
You are in this for the long haul girlfriend! You are not a quitter! The pounds will come off. Take a look at your menu and do a change up. Sometimes we get in a rut and we just need to introduce some new veggies, new recipes to fool our bodies into thinking we're doing something different.
You can do this Heather! I know you can!
As for me, I haven't looked at the scale - thus no ticker... My jeans are getting roomier, so I'm happy.
It's 118 on my deck in the sun... good grief! My ODS is working out in it doing landscaping! YIKES!
Some hints for working in the heat... Wear cotton, even long sleeves because once it gets wet from sweat, it's cooler. Keep a wet towel/kerchief around your neck or even in your hat. Same concept, wet is cool. When working in this kind of heat - our PhD recommended that you begin your day with gatorade, a quart. Then drink water throughout the day and end the day with another quart of gatorade. That way, you're "filling your tank" for the day ahead and replacing what is lost at the end, giving your body what it needs and what it loses.
Congrats to all the Losers! You're doing great!
Nicole - Are you kidding?!? My boys wouldn't wear that! :rofl:
Actually, I think you're on to something and from looking at the photo, you're about to be a blessing and get a blessing in return! The outfit is adorable!!!!
Let's see... Mama Nicole's Originals... Originals by Nicole... Little Darlings Boutique... Little Lambs Boutique... Buttons, Bows, and Bloomers... Fancy Pants... Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice... Jill's Frills... Frilly Frocks by Mama Nicole... And of course, my favorite - Lace and Pearls for Little Girls... :lol3:
Okay, enough nonsense... gotta go get ready for work!
Blessings,

aguerin
08-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Hang in there Heather you can do it. In No Time that scale will cooperate and you will be glad you put forth the effort. And if it don't. Throw it in the river and get you a new one.

Katy66
08-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Amy - I'm on 3 and my diary is a grayish blue and says "Daily Menu Plan 3" at the top. My understanding is that everyone gets the same Free to Live menu plan and then a different diary based on the plan number you have. Not sure what color the other numbers are.

JLem311
08-08-2007, 02:39 PM
i forgot to mention that i posted a link to some photos i put up of my WL journey. they're mainly headshots, but still did it anyways. :)

dolphn545
08-08-2007, 02:55 PM

Back from WI and shopping, and laundry, etc, etc...

WI went ok. down a few ounces. So I've lost the weekend gain. Happy for that. Having pizza for dinner, and a VERY SMALL slice of ice cream cake after (for DD 17th b-day). Counting the cake as my starch.

My new kick with veggies is tomatos & cukes mixed with FF italian dressing. And I've been on a blueberry kick lately too.

Heather - If the scale continues to go in the wrong direction, how about either talking to COD, or putting yourself back on regular red and see if that helps. Maybe you are getting too much food. If you're within 5 pounds of a color, they can switch you (according to my COD, but we all know how many different answers will be given on that one! :) )

Lea Ann - Congrats on your teaching job!! It paid to be an aide for a year, cuz at least you got your foot in the door!

slim n trim
08-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi everyone,

Jill - you are so photogenic. I am jealous. I hate having my picture taken. I always seem to smile funny, or something. I never like pictures of myself.

Heather - quitting is not allowed. Besides - what would you quit and do? Think about it. You are at least getting healthier even if the scale isn't moving, and that is worth something. Don't look at the scale for a while.

Tomatoes and cucumbers with italian dressing ---- sounds yummy. We went to a bbq a few weeks ago and one of the ladies brought a salad it was cucumbers, watermelon, and balsamic vinager dressing with some basil. It sounds like an odd combo but was it ever good.

Okay, gotta go, lots to do today. Little cooler here today - which is nice, except that we have an outdoor customer appreciation event to go to tonight - should be a lot of fun, but it will be much cooler this evening than it has been lately. Guess I might have to break down and wear a pair of jeans, or capris. I haven't worn anything but shorts and skirts for like 2 months.

Heather115
08-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Wow! I just read through all 10 pages of posts and what a wealth of information...and laughs! You guys are a hoot! I'm new to the forum - just registered today.

Been doing LAWL for a week and a half. At first, I wasn't told about the whole sodium thing (didn't get any books or anything - just a piece of paper about TO and the juice and then the LA Express book - neither of which says how much sodium is "acceptable") and I was eating gobs and gobs of it without realizing. At the third appointment, my counselor (same one as the first 2 visits) looked at me like I was crazy and asked why I wasn't drinking hot water w/ lemon or taking a diuretic with all the sodium I was consuming. First off, I didn't know to stay away from sodium and secondly, wasn't it her job to tell me?! Anyway, since then I've added Aquaban to my pharmacological stockpile and voila! no water retention!

Anybody know if there's any reason not to do that on a regular basis? I've read everything on the box and on the internet that I could find (and understand!) about diuretics and didn't see anything to worry about. I drink about 96 oz. of water plus about 24 oz. of UNSWEET tea (yes, in the South even!) per day so I don't think there's any danger of dehydration. I just pee a lot!

Lynx
08-08-2007, 04:00 PM
First of all - for Amy - my daily menu plan is mostly white with purple and says daily menu plan 2.

I just got back from my bra shopping excursion and it was so worth it. My tired old bras are being replaced. Turns out I was wearing the right size for the brand and style of bra I had on, but there were other companies and bras that fit better and are more comfortable. The manufacturer's representative who was helping me, at one point, said I was small in the bust. I have never been called small in my life. I had to tell her the only reason she would now think I was small was that I had a breast reduction 21 years ago. It was one of the best things I ever did for myself. Insurance paid for it. I am grateful to my doctor for writing the recommendation that it was medically necessary due to shoulder and upper back pain. Anyway, today I ended up buying 4 bras and they were each $10 off, plus there was an additional 10% off because of storewide promotion, and I was given a coupon for 20% off of a future bra purchase and a complimentary pair of panties in a Bali travel jewelry pouch. Total amount spent $53 Wow Wow Wow.
I am happy to report that I had my first "Right Portions" LAWL meal for lunch. I had vegetable lasagna and I was very pleased. I don't like spicy foods so for me the flavor was just right. It almost tasted as if there was meat in it. Lasagna is one of the meals that I have missed since I have been on the program. It counts as 1 protein, 2 starches. I should not have been surprised that it is heavier in salt than I would have hoped. Sodium 620mg; calories 280; total fat 8 grams; fiber 8 grams; sugars 7 grams and protein 17 grams.

If anyone else has tried one of the other meals, let us know.

Sherry - I have a patio tomato plant in my little garden and almost every night I go out and pick a tomato or two and then cut them up and combine them with raw peppers for my 3 vegetables for the day. I like a little ff caesar dressing drizzled on top of the veggies.

Joni135
08-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Heather - I think Pearl's post says it all....just think how much better you are treating your body. A couple months ago I had a very high cholesteral reading. I got retested a couple weeks ago, and I've dropped 40 points. My weight really hasn't dropped much, but I'm obviously eating a little better. I still have to get it lower, but it's going in the right direction.

Welcome Heather115. Dan's our Sr. Salt Advisor...maybe he can help you out, but he's going to tell you to lay off the salt.

Sherry - I like your new picture!

Jillian - Hope things get better for you....are you missing your babies???
So, when it's 110 degrees in the shade, do Starbucks sales go down?

Nicole - get that basement cleaned up and set up shop! Do you think if I lose all my weight I could fit into a pillowcase top???

I'm going to get very frustrated with all the new plan name changes....I only know gold, purple and blue....geez...I may have to rejoin just to figure out the new plans....

bahamadream10
08-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Just wanted to drop in and say Hi. I have a great week so far no CHEATING at all. It has been 1 week since my last WI so we will see what tomorrow shows. I will let you know when I get back. I do know that I was able to fit into a skirt that I haven't been able to wear in 1 1/2 yrs. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great night everyone!
Joni- I forgot to tell you I picked up colon care the other day at the health food store, I was there picking up my kids vitamins and I saw it and I thought I would give it a try, I was surprised when I got it home I realized the directions were to take 4 three times a day. I started with only 2 the first day and I have increased it to 4 because I haven't noticed a difference. Who knows, maybe it will just take awhile for my body to adjust to it. I will keep you updated.

Joni135
08-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Nanette - fitting into old clothes is the BEST feeling ever.....
I'm sure the Colon Care works differently for everyone...so many things can factor into how it works....I started by just taking one, and then took two one night and WOW..it worked. But who knows...maybe I had a bunch of other fiber that day too. I can't remember. Thanks for the reminder...I need to go take one now!

Suzanne (moderator) has an alert post for New Yorkers....

Attention New York Chicks.... NY Post wants you

The New York Post is working on a story about the recent study suggesting obesity may be socially contagious. To learn more about this, go to http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...646997,00.html

If you live in New York and would like to be interviewed regarding this study, and would be willing to be photographed, please send me (Suzanne at 3FC) a PM right away.

CandlePrincess
08-08-2007, 11:08 PM
i think my biggest thing with any weight loss plan is the food. I used to love food....I know i loved it too much...but I enjoyed it....and now I hate eating. I hate all the planning and the loss of fun that goes with my food. So tonight to "celebrate" my 3.5 pound GAIN....my DH and I went to Cheeseburger in Paradise.....and once again...food was GOOD! It was fun and I'd already gained 3.5 pounds so I could eat and not worry that every bite was adding a bit of fat to me again. I'm not sure what I'm doing. Hopefullly I will wake in the am and re group and get back on plan......Thanks for all the words of encouragement.

JLem311
08-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Heather - I think Pearl's post says it all....just think how much better you are treating your body. A couple months ago I had a very high cholesteral reading. I got retested a couple weeks ago, and I've dropped 40 points. My weight really hasn't dropped much, but I'm obviously eating a little better. I still have to get it lower, but it's going in the right direction.

Welcome Heather115. Dan's our Sr. Salt Advisor...maybe he can help you out, but he's going to tell you to lay off the salt.

Sherry - I like your new picture!

Jillian - Hope things get better for you....are you missing your babies???
So, when it's 110 degrees in the shade, do Starbucks sales go down?

Nicole - get that basement cleaned up and set up shop! Do you think if I lose all my weight I could fit into a pillowcase top???

I'm going to get very frustrated with all the new plan name changes....I only know gold, purple and blue....geez...I may have to rejoin just to figure out the new plans....

haha Joni! to answer your question about starbucks sales in the heat..they only go higher and higher. it's frappuccino frenzy i tell ya! i just got off work and we did numbers like it was a friday, not wednesday! whew! i'm exhausted. thanks for being concerned about me. and yes, i miss my kids more than ever. less than a month til i go and visit again. i'll make it. :)

amylou7777
08-09-2007, 01:49 AM
No! We're losing her...HEATHER come back to the land of the healthy....I

have been "missing" food lately too but when I really think about it food is not making me happy..it's the instant gratification that I miss. Today as I sat at worked and struggled to finish my home made salad with intalian and turkey meat on top, I literally could have lept over my desk and grabbed the taco bell burrito supreme right out from under my skinny co-worker's skinny little mouth...but I didn't....and guess what, I'm fine! The icing on the cake (pun intended) was when she later revealed to me that she's gained 5lbs this summer. I wanted to scream back at her, "maybe it's all the freakin fast food you guys bring in here everyday like it's a trophy!" but I didn't. I just smiled and told her it's so hard to stay away from those quick fixes!

Heather-look how much you have lost so far! I really hope when you wake-up-the new day brings back all of those reasons you wanted to lose this weight in the first place! We don't want to lose you. And Karen's right-what are you going to do instead? You had your night in Paradise...now back at it!

Jillian-hope you are doing ok! Sounds like you will be workin' hard this upcoming week so I hope it goes by fast for ya!

Goodnight everyone!

Mama Nicole
08-09-2007, 01:53 AM
You know........the other thing about food...............yeah, it's a pain in the butt to have to plan your meals and take the time to prepare them EVERY STINKIN DAY.........but, in my weeks of not being OP......I found that I wasn't really enjoying eating at all........like I didn't really taste and enjoy and appreciate what I was consuming.......i was just eating to eat. So Amy is right, Heather.........this is just a bad day. Don't let it determine your future.......just this day. :)

Mama Nicole
08-09-2007, 02:19 AM
check out our 30 lb watermelon :)
http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/64/464/8/52/58/2332852580099958805rNaLBR_th.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2332852580099958805rNaLBR)
http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/55/455/2/41/11/2145241110099958805ZNMgwi_th.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2145241110099958805ZNMgwi)
Oh, and I couldn't leave out the keeper of the canteloupe :)
http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/62/462/0/24/54/2737024540099958805gLLTew_th.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2737024540099958805gLLTew)http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/58/458/9/37/65/2049937650099958805ptrmSi_th.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2049937650099958805ptrmSi)
and yeah, if you are wondering why I am posting pictures of my children and fruit..........they (the fruits) are from our garden, and the kids are sooooo proud. (we are pretty excited ourselves....who knew it would work out!!!!)

amylou7777
08-09-2007, 02:26 AM
My goodness that thing is huge! Wow, in a couple more lbs I will have lost that watermellon?? YIKES!

Goodnight!

Mama Nicole
08-09-2007, 02:31 AM
and a big a$$ watermelon at that!!! Good night :)

JLem311
08-09-2007, 08:12 AM
good morning everyone. i have the day off today, so i'm going to the COD to WI for the week. TOM is here, so any loss will be fine with me. :) ah, we'll see. we're still in an excessive heat warning and have been pretty much all week. the humidity is already @ 77% and with that it's about 90 out right now...going all the way to 105 today. ick.
be back later today.
have a good morning

Angie
08-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Heather -- I think many of us share the same love of food that you do. In less flattering terms it is called an addiction...lol. I hope you can find whatever motivates you to lose weight. Sometimes we all lose sight. Have you got a copy of Deb's cookbook? There is no reason at all for food not to taste good. Maybe you can make up a bunch of her yummy recipes and freeze them for later. There are always carb cravers too. When you feel like you need something 'sinful' check through those to see what appeals to you.

Jillian -- Is it hard to resist the frappucinos yourself? When I was in highschool I worked in an ice cream shop, and I didn't eat ice cream for about 10 years after, I was so sick of looking at it. have a great day!

Nicole -- Love the fruit, and the sweet little guardian of it.

Amy -- Great point. Let's all post how much we've lost and ask Nicole to take a picture of produce from her garden that weighs as much. I bet I've lost two canteloupes and 5 cucumbers!

Katy66
08-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Good Morning!

Hope everyone is having a great day. Here in the mountains of NC we are supposed to be at 95 today which is HOT for us. Can't imagine the 105 Jillian. Stay cool!

Wow Nicole, you guys have some garden! That watermelon is huge - Amy I've lost 1 and 1/2 , almost three, of Nicole's watermelons:)

HEATHER! Calling Heather! COME BACK! We need and want you with us on the journey. Nicole is absolutely right, one day doesn't make your future or probably none of us would be here. You can do this! I remember telling my husband that I had to think about food so much more now than I did before and I think that is the point...you think about it, you don't just eat.

I better run get to work. Hope everyone has a great POP day!

smjezzy
08-09-2007, 09:24 AM
LOL I love the fruit weight loss idea! Well I've been struggling with the same 4 lbs for a couple months now. Up and down. The odd thing is in the last 2 days I've had 4 random people walk up to me and say "Hey you're losing weight aren't you? How are you doing it?". I'm surprised people are noticing now that it's stalled and has been stalled for a while. Very strange. BUT I'LL TAKE IT!

Hope everyone had a great week. Nicole love the pics. How many watermelons have I lost....or am I still at canteloupes?:D

Lynx
08-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Good morning All,
On the subject of pounds lost versus fruit and other comparisons. Check out this site
http://www.naturalphysiques.com/howmanypounds/

See for yourself what you have already accomplished or what you can accomplish!!!!

By losing 40 lbs - I have lost the weight of an average 4 year old boy

Cutting 140,000 calories is the same as saying "no" to:
1,750 apples, or
1,400 bananas, or
8,235 cups of cabbage (whew!), or
966 baked potatoes, or
1,750 large eggs, or
1,167 cups of 2% milk, or
101 pounds of ground beef, or
1,609 glasses of wine, or
433 Snickers bars, or
583 Clif Bars ( 778 Luna Bars), or
1,007 cans of Coke, or
824 pints of Guinness beer, or
285 Big Macs, or
272 Quarter Pounders with Cheese, or
200 Whoppers, or
424 Subway 6" Oven Roasted Chicken Breast sandwiches, or
824 Taco Bell crunchy tacos, or
596 slices of pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut

Joni135
08-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Great site Lynn...thanks for sharing.

I thought this was quite interesting (found this at the same site Lynn recommended):

Don't weigh every day unless you are mentally ready to handle the fluctuations. I weigh each day but I know my body fluctuates, so I do not freak out when I register a 3-pound rise from the day before. I enjoy watching the trend, but it is the average weight change over several weeks that I am more concerned with than day to day.
In short, do not use the scale as your only guide. You might gain 2 pounds of muscle and drop 2 pounds of fat in a given week, and the scale will not move. But taken as an average over time, those with a lot of fat to lose should expect the scale to go down.

aguerin
08-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Is this heat making anybody else eat like a pig but me? I cannot get enough to eat today. Going to make for a long, thinking about food, day.

Hello All! Heres to a POP Thursday. Congrats on the Losses this week. Heres some "courage" for those of you who still have to face the scale this week.

Anybody have any ideas how I can drop 8 lbs pounds by Monday the 20th? I'm not going to do any more WL weeks with the COD. I will just go to fake stabalization and fudge on my chart. I can do TO the 16th & 17th, but I don't think that will get me 8 lbs.

Nice Garden Nicole. I have lost that very Watemelon in your picture. Cute Kiddies also.

amylou7777
08-09-2007, 11:40 AM
I wish I could avoid the scale....but it's just become part of my routine. I saw a while back you all did a No Scale Challenge....I don't think I could handle it but I know it'd be good for all of us!

I'm going to try to w/i today before my meeting.

Have a fabulous day!

Angie
08-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Amy -- I would just eat as lean as possible, on your plan, and then to TO on the last two days. Choose lean protein, high fibre, low fat where possible and be totally POP. Good luck!

Angie
08-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Amylou -- I was thinking I might need a no sclae challenge too...even if it was only for one week. I might start telling the COD not to tell me my weight, and I'll only look at it on Mondays.

JLem311
08-09-2007, 11:45 AM
hey all. back from COD. i lost another pound. :) wow. i didn't expect even that, so i guess this new plan with more food/starches is ok! feels like i'm cheating with all the starches and dairy, but i'm not. and i really don't miss the bars really, except the one in the morning that i used to depend on. oh well.

Mama Nicole
08-09-2007, 12:04 PM
ahhhhhhhh, the no sclae challenge...........that is a tough one. if anyone decides to brave that one again.......let me know........I'll do it :)

Mama Nicole
08-09-2007, 12:07 PM
hey all. back from COD. i lost another pound. :) wow. i didn't expect even that, so i guess this new plan with more food/starches is ok! feels like i'm cheating with all the starches and dairy, but i'm not. and i really don't miss the bars really, except the one in the morning that i used to depend on. oh well.

Wow, Jillian.......WTG. I just may have to check this new plan out. I wonder if my LA online has it....I'll go check right now. I know what you mean about missing the morning bar. You will find a something else that is quick and easy that you can have every morning :) Keep up the good work :)
XOXO

Katy66
08-09-2007, 12:16 PM
What is a no scale challenge?

mamato2girls
08-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Well, I guess I better post, since Nicole has already come looking for me. :) Just wanted to let you all know that I am well...just really busy. But, as I shared with Nicole, I'm still staying pretty much on track and am keeping the weight off. Still staying just under my goal weight of 130. Hope everyone has a great day!!

CandlePrincess
08-09-2007, 12:49 PM
ok...i'm back this morning with somewhat better vision. I am bagging LAWL for a day or so...and trying something new to shake things up a bit. I'm doing the slim fast plan for a few days and see if that helps or hurts, and then going back to my LAWL plan. I'm thinking about asking COD not to tell me my weight except once a week....to see if that helps. I'm not quitting....just re grouping a little. I wish I could get past this "number" thing. I just want to see smaller numbers on that darn scale! So I'm still here...and you didn't lose me....just re grouping and starting again. I didn't gain this weight in two months and I'm not going to lose it in two months either. I have a few pounds to go to make my Labor Day goal and I'm still working toward it. Thanks again for all the support.....it's good to have in moments of insanity!

Katy66
08-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey Wendy - good to hear from you!

Heather - glad you are leaving us completely:)

Angie
08-09-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm thinking of switching myself to the new plan now, since my COD is going to do it at the end of the month anyway. I have all the 'rules' from the other thread, and I am just about delirious at the thought of 4 STARCHES in a day! Woo hoo! I'll start tomorrow...

Mama Nicole
08-09-2007, 03:01 PM
I just may have to join you, Angie :)

bahamadream10
08-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Happy Thursday everyone! I went to WI first thing this morning I lost 1 lb in one week 2 more lbs and I will be seeing the 140's I never thought I would see that ever again!! My counselor said she will do cartwheels down the hall when I make it to the 140's I can't wait to see that! No changes in any of the plans so far and she is not sure when they will change, she did say that when I get to 145 my color will change to green which I haven't heard of that color before so I don't know what that is going to allow me to eat. My weeks are up and have been but she hasn't said anything to me until today and I told her that I will not put anymore money into the program so because they have to change my plan so many times she gave me 4 more weeks so she told me to work with that to see how far I can get. Because of that I am dedicated to get to my goal. I just need to get into that frame of mind!! Have a great night everyone.

dolphn545
08-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Hey Everyone! :wave:

Just poppin' in to say hi. Not much going on here. ...

Mama Nicole
08-09-2007, 04:35 PM
What is a no scale challenge?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102724&highlight=sclae+challenge

this is it........wanna play :)

Katy66
08-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Sounds scary but I need it. The scale has been moving slow so I find myself weighing in the morning, in the evening when I get home, before bed...and each time I'll step on the scale at least five times. When do we start?

Lynx
08-09-2007, 05:44 PM
*Hi Nanette - regarding the green plan it is the same as gold except you lose one vegetable and one fruit. Way to go on your recent weight loss.
*Nicole - I keep forgetting to tell you how adorable your children are. You should submit the picture of your youngest as the "keeper of the cataloupe" to one of the magazines that publishes cute pictures of young children.
*Angie and Nicole and anyone else currently on or going on the new "numbered" plans - my advice is to use a variety of starches and not rely heavily on just the bread category. Try to incorporate starchy vegetables into your daily plan. This is my personal belief. We were so used to rationing our few starches that all we think of is bread, muffins, pitas, etc. I think that people who are using at least one starchy vegetable a day are losing at a faster rate than those who are not.

Mama Nicole
08-09-2007, 06:48 PM
awwwwwwwwww, thanks, Lynn :)

Joni135
08-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Dan - if you check in (we know you will!!)...look at the 100% Proud thread...it's in your honor!!

I'm going to bed.....if not, I think I'll start eating and I'm not even hungry...just bored....nothing on TV (and we get like 800 stations) appeals to me tonight. I played a couple games of scrabble...so much fun! I mowed the grass when the sun went down a bit..I think it was still 95 degrees, but it really didn't feel that bad. Only when I came in did I realize my clothes were sopping wet...gross....I rarely sweat like that. Hope I lost a couple ounces....(oh, I'm scale obsessed and have to pass on the no scale challenge).

healthy2b
08-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Just wanted to stop by and give you all a quick hello. I hope to get back to regular posting when I return from vacation. I've been lurking and reading that most everyone is going to the new program. I will be off hold on Aug 20th and can't wait to see if my COD is changing. It sounds like it is working for most.

Dan2112
08-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi gang..

We're back and in one piece from our trip to Denver..

The concert was AMAZING.. The pure power, majesty, brilliance, and overall sheer talent of Rush has never been so obvious.. Redrocks is an incredible place to see a concert, however, the parking and subsequent long-a$$ walk to the ampetheatre was long.. But at least we got our exercise.

As for our diet, we were able to get our veggies and fruits in without too much trouble and I didn't even overindulge in the "liquid" starches!! Overall, we did eat too much as far as starches go, and as always seems to happen when we travel, regularity was fleeting (no pun intended for those of you who got it)... So at this point, I won't be getting any accurate scale readings for a couple of days until my system flushes itself... *sigh*

Anyway.. That's it for now.. The music is still fresh in my ears... There was a guy at the show who had a sign that read "If I loved women as much as I love this band, I'd still be married"... I laughed a long time at that... Good think Liz is as understanding as she is, and recognizes the beauty that is the music of Rush... Makes me jealous of all you Canadians....

lizababe
08-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Dan I'm so jealous! I was invited to camp out with my favourite three bands in the Columbia River Gorge for the Download Festival at the end of this month but just had to cancel my arrangements due to financial constrictions. It's a lot like Red Rocks - being the ultimate to see your fav acts!

While that is a disappointment, all is not lost. I still have the week of vacation on the books for all jobs and am making plans. I'm heading to my little hideaway in Rosarito, Mexico. I haven't been there since this time last year. There will be much imbibing on liquid starches (of the hard variety) with the neighbors. Since I haven't been there for a year, they have been stocking up and waiting for my return. Every time I promise myself and them that I'll be back in a month but I get caught up in work when I return. I miss the fun friendly neighbors and the quiet mornings staring at the ocean (hungover) with a cup of coffee, the dog, no cell phone, computer or other distractions. I'm in a debate with myself over the trip down there this time though. Mini-Me isn't particularly interested in going. She gets bored without the above mentioned distractions. I understand because when my Dad retired to Hawaii when I was younger, it was the most boring place on earth to me. I hate taking a vacation without Mini-Me but at the same time, am longing for some time off from such responsibility. I've been a Mom since I was 17 and taking care of my parents and siblings before that. While at times I think it's my turn and I deserve a break, I keep thinking of the fun things Mini-Me and I could do together. She can help me finish the fountain on the patio and we could head to the Titanic Museum at Fox Studios... blah. I might still bribe my friends to take Mini-Me for the week and head down there by myself. I've never been good with plans so we'll see how it pans out.

In the meantime, and I think I've shared this before... here's the view my hideout (and one day retirement home):
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lizababe/horse.jpg

I think I'm going to add a ticker counting down to my vacation

Katy66
08-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Just wanted to check in briefly before my very busy day starts. There is lots to do getting ready for a party we are having for my nephew and his fiance tomorrow evening. We rcvd our last RSVP yesterday and EVERYONE is coming, about 50 folks. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully WI will go good this am so that I can enjoy myself more tomorrow without the guilt:p

Lynn- I like your idea about the starchy veggies. I may try that to see if it helps boost my losses.

Carrie - Have a wonderful, relaxing, vacation!

Joni - Don't you just hate those evenings when there is absolutely nothing that holds your interest? Like you I tend to munch:)

Dan - Welcome Back! Glad to hear that you and Liz had such a wonderful time.

Liza - Your hide away sounds and looks wonderful. :cool: GIve yourself persmission to go and enjoy. You deserve it! Mini Me may not be interested now but give it a few years and she will be jumping at the chance for a week alone with you!

Dan2112
08-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Morning all... Seems like I just went to bed.. *yawn*

Had to get up early to get some work done before I spend the day stripping the floor down at our State Fair building.. fun fun fun...

Liza, the getaway sounds like the perfect place. While I'm not as anamored by the ocean as I am with the mountains, I still wouldn't pass it up for anything... It's hard, when you're a teen, dealing with that kind of situation when you're cut off from the world, but I agree - give it a few years and she'll be dying to go.

Ok... I need to get back into full time diet mode.. I'm thinking an honest to God TO is in order here.. My last couple attempts at doing it failed, as I never really got into the swing of things.. We have a pretty boring weekend planned, so this may be the time.. Think I may try to track down some Knudsen's juice and try it that way...

Anyway.. I'll talk to y'all later.. Have a POP day!!

Heather115
08-10-2007, 09:04 AM
I know there are posts on several different threads about the "new" plan and the "old" plan and who likes what better. I don't even know what plan I'm on!!! I signed up on 7/25 in Maryville, TN and after TO got the LA Express Menu Plan Kit (skinny white book with limited food choices) and a monthly diary that's white and purple. On the front it says "daily menu plan 2". I get 2 1/2 proteins, 2 fruits, 3 veggies, 3 starches, 2 dairy and 2 fats per day. Is this a new plan, old plan or some other unheard of plan?

I gather from all I've read that this is the plan appropriate for my current weight and that when I hit a certain milestone, I'll go to a different plan. Is that right? I figure I have a ways to go before that happens, but am just trying to anticipate how this is gonna go so I don't get surprised later.

MomOfThreeTeens
08-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Good Morning Heather!!!!! I cant answer your questions about plans because I'm on stabilization. But if its a number instead of a color, its a new plan.

emmysmom
08-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Good morning everyone! I've just been lurking this week, but I'm still going strong:) Today is my birthday, so a friend is taking me for a manicure at 10, then DH and DD are taking me out for dinner later...unfortunately, I have to work in between:( I took my DD to the mall last night and she wanted to go into the Hallmark store. When we went inside she said "Mommy, I want to get you a birthday card"...I almost cried...children are such a blessing! :hug:

I don't have too much time for personals, but Liza...go to Mexico and have a drink for me! You deserve some time for personal reflection. Maybe you and DD can just do something special before you leave and again when you get home. And DO NOT FEEL GUILTY ABOUT GOING!!!

aguerin
08-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Heather the Plan 2 that you are on is one of the new numbered ones. Your menu will be expanded after the first 4 weeks (from what I have read). Previous to the new numbered plans you would have been on a gold plan with less food. They changed the food portions when they went to numbered plans.

Good Luck!

aguerin
08-10-2007, 09:43 AM
:bday2you: Dear Tina! Hope you have a wonderful fun filled day. Enjoy yourself during that manicure. I think we all need to pamper ourselves once in a while.

Dairy Fairy
08-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Liza- that view is fantastic. It's funny because at this point I would hope to go alone...without kids. I am up to my ears in diapers, boogers, and drool.

I'm having a much harder time with the plan this time around. I am just perfect during the day, but at supper time I have absolutely no energy to cook and no desire to eat meat. Also, that is baby meltdown time. At supper time yesterday I had DDPSSFVVVV left. Too much! I ended up and made "breakfast supper" and probably had an equivalent amount of calories to that but didn't get it in those specific categories. Still, I have lost 4 lbs and I am going to try try to trudge along instead of giving up. I figure at least I am calorie counting that way. I really want to get below 200...maybe that will motivate me.

Tina- I got the "you're the best mom everrrrr" yesterday at lunch. They are really sweet.

Angie
08-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Nanette -- Congratulations on your loss! Good luck on making it to goal!

Nicole and Katy66 -- I'm up for a no sclae challenge. I just need to weigh in on Mondays for our Chick's challenge.

Lynn -- Yes, I think you're right about the starches. One of the first things I thought was "i can eat cereal again" when I was limited to 2 starches there was NO WAY I would 'waste' one on cereal. Likewise, I never use anything other than cheese or yogurt for dairy...now with 2 per day I'm looking forward to a glass of skim milk sometimes.

Joni -- Where did you settle on for your scrabble games?

Dan -- Welcome back, sounds like you had a blast. Did I ever tell you that I met Geddy Lee on my 30th birthday?

Liza -- Looks like a great place! Is it a hotel/resort or a private place you've found?

Heather in TN -- You're on the new plan, the numbered plans. Formerly the plans were identified by colour.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA! :hb:

MomOfThreeTeens
08-10-2007, 10:01 AM
:bday2you::bday2you::woo::gift::balloons:Tina! Hope you have an absolutely amazing birthday!!

Jrny2aNewMe
08-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Good morning all!

Been really busy lately - one of my coworkers is on vacation and I have to cover her job while she's gone as well as do my own. Oh well, it keeps me out of trouble and away from food, which is a good thing as I have hit the dreaded "p" word for the last 2 or 3 weeks, gaining and losing these same 2 pounds. It's getting really frustrating to the point that I almost left COD in tears the other day. However, I still did manage to resist the drive-thru at Tim Hortons this am and avoided that donut - even though I wanted it realllly bad. Now, if only I can make it through the weekend. DD is in a horse show this weekend, and healthy food choices are extremely limited there.

Happy Birthday Tina!

Hope everyone has a POP day.

Mama Nicole
08-10-2007, 10:50 AM
:bday2you::bday2you:Happy Birthday dear Tina:bday2you::balloons::gift::celebrate::celebrat e::bday2:
Maybe Angie will make you one of her famous cakes :) YUM!

I feel like it's my birthday too today, as I finally worked my way back into Onderland!!!! My WI this morning was 198.8. Now, the trouble is, I am leaving to go to Wisconsin today..........and I NEVER do well at my mom's house........but I am going to try try try to at least lose 0.2 lbs while I am gone. It may be a lot to ask, but I never do..........I always just tell myself I will be good. Maybe with a goal in mind, I will actually do so. Ok, I am now only 10 lbs away from where I was a few months ago......and starting to feel a bit more confident that I can do this. For a while there, I was really beginning to doubt that I could do it anymore.

Well, I should get packing.........haven't really even started yet, and I have to be ready at any given time, as DH is fixing the air conditioning in my Suburban right now, and when he is done, I will have about 1 hour. I like to live on the edge :)

Have a great day today, and a fun, ON PLAN weekend!!! Monday's WI will be sooo worth it :)
XOXO

amylou7777
08-10-2007, 10:57 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TINA!
Hope you have the most relaxing and wonderful birthday, even though you have to squeeze some work in!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'm determined to be POP this weekend so I can see a loss on Monday despite TOM. I'm ready to get back to serious!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-10-2007, 10:57 AM
:carrot::carrot:Woooo Hoooo Nicole!!! Keep up the good work chickie!!!

chiquita623
08-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone. I haven't posted much this week - things are crazy, crazy at work. Oh well, it's Friday. That makes everything much better. I'm going to my DD's this weekend in St. Louis and we are going to the Melting Pot. Does anyone know what this is and will they have anything I can eat? I asked my DD and she said it's mostly fondue. Hopefully that will mean veggies and fruit. I also asked at my COD and they just told me to do the best I can and drink lots and lots of water. I've been stuck at 178 going up and down the dreaded 1 to 2 pounds the last 2 weeks and I'm hoping that with this little outing I don't end up gaining a bunch. Maybe I'm just paranoid about this. I just did FF the last 2 days so won't be able to do a TO for a couple more weeks. Thanks for letting me get this out. Maybe I can get a better grip on this since I've written it down.

You guys and gals are just awesome with all the support and encouragement and the kick in the pants we all need at times.

Mama Nicole
08-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Laurie..........be ready to melt....and not at the melting pot.......it is horribly hot here. I am outa here this weekend, going to the nice shores of Lake Michigan.......where there is a cool breeze and where the temps go down with the sun!!!

And hi Val.......it's good to see you :)
XOXO

chiquita623
08-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Nicole - I think I'm envious!!! Cool lake breezes sound much better than stifling hot breezes! Have fun and have a safe trip!!

Mama Nicole
08-10-2007, 12:02 PM
You too.......and thanks :)

Hey Kim......check out your ticker...........wowie!!! How are your pants fitting?

MomOfThreeTeens
08-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Nicole- I am having an absolute blast shopping! I'm buying size 10's in dress pants, 12's in jeans, they dont give like cotton does! LOL
I took 3 pair of pants and a couple of skirts in the dressing room the other day all size 12 and they were all too big. I'm not used to having to go back for SMALLER sizes! My brain has to catch up with the smaller sizes!

emmysmom
08-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the happy birthday wishes. I just got back from my manicure...it was really nice! There was a little girl there whose birthday is today. She turned 5 and was getting her fingernails and toenails painted...too precious!

Nicole - WOOHOOOO!!!!!! Keep it up, girlie!

emmysmom
08-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Kim - that's fantastic! I've been enjoying clothes shopping much more lately. I told DH that I wanted a gift card for my birthday so I can buy some clothes, but I keep changing my mind on which store is my favorite. So he gave me $250 cash and told me to have fun! WOOHOO!!!! My first thought was...I need new underwear and a pair of flip flops. I know, I'm a wild and crazy girl. :carrot:

bradleys mom
08-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Hi everyone! I hope you all are having a very blessed day! I WI this morning (dreading because of TOM) and I was down 5.0! I was so happy! I had gained 3.0 while on vacation last weekend, so I lost that, (again) plus 2! I am really starting to get motivated now. I am almost at my goal of losing 10 lbs by Aug 15.

Is anyone else having trouble changing there tickerfactory tickers? The website wont load for some reason!

Hope everyone has a POP weekend! God Bless You!

Oh, and Happy birthday Tina, and congratulations on all of your weight lost! Buy something pretty for me!

Jrny2aNewMe
08-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Nicole - Congratulations on reaching onederland! Woohoo!

Kim - I bet that felt good having to get those smaller pants!

Tina - depends on the underwear - wink, wink

MomOfThreeTeens
08-10-2007, 12:31 PM
LOL Tina! You could buy a lot of underwear and flip-flops for 250 dollars!!!
I used to laugh at my DD, shes addicted to panties. Everytime we go in a store she has to have a couple of pair. Wellllll since the weight loss and the TT I've gotten quite fond of sexy undies too! LOL I wore granny panties for so long that I'm having a blast buying something that doesnt come past my belly button! LOL

Kimberly! WOW good for you, thats an amazing loss!!!

Mama Nicole
08-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Well, check this out,
Since I e-mail customer support yesterday from my la at home website.....they forwarded my email to the local center manager, and she just called me. She was aksing me lots of questions about where I got my info, but was very nice about it. Anyway.........she told me that all of St. Louis was going to be changing to Pure Weightloss Centers in a couple of weeks. When I asked her about the numbered plans, she said they are not getting any of those plans, but that they did have new stuff including the senior plan and lots of supplements ($$$). Anyway.......she told me if I wanted to come back to the center, I could for $3.00 a week up until they changed names........and that they would give me a good deal to come back......but frankly, I'm not too excited about Pure Weightloss Centers. I like LAWL, and I like the original plan, and am interested in the feel full plan, but not the other stuff she was talking about. She did ask if they could call me if I had not made contact with them by the end of next week.......and I said yes. I am kind of nervous to go in there, as I know they are sooo skilled at selling......and I am such a whimp. Anyway...........my center IS a corporate center, and she kept stressing that the other plan must be for franchise centers. Are all of you that are on the feel full plan from franchise centers?

JLem311
08-10-2007, 02:28 PM
hey everyone. just checking in for the day. not much going on really.

nicole--i'm at a corporate center and i just got switched to the new numbered plans last week.

emmysmom
08-10-2007, 02:31 PM
BTW Nicole - I'm chiming in late on this topic...but YES, your dresses will absolutely sell on Ebay.

Joni135
08-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Happy Birthday Tina.....did DD buy you one of those funny music cards??? She sounds like a living doll! and, yes, you are one wild girl...flip flops are on the clearance racks here (end of season)...you get a lot of bang for your buck....and look at your ticker......chicks to the finish gals better watch out for you!!

Dan and Liz - welcome home. I've got a Take Off juice in the fridge that I made for last week and just couldn't get my mind into it...so I'm aiming for one on Monday and Tuesday. I keep having to remind myself how simple it is to plan and do TO.....JUST DO IT!

Angie - I played several versions of Scrabble, but I think my favorite was the yahoo version (Jillian...thanks for that recommendation too). Games.com seems to have a ton of junk popping up with it. Of course I used up my free hour the first time I played on Yahoo. I think for $20, I'll just download the version and have it handy...no ads makes it quite pleasant. I probably need to see if the software is available at Wally World when I go over there in a little bit (I've been trying to get there all day and now it's 3 PM!!)

I guess Nicole is gone by now.....I was going to challenge her to be good this weekend and if she loses .2 lbs, I'm going to send her a prize...a good prize!

Liza - 15 days until Mexico....sounds like you need your little getaway. Work out something for mini me and hit the road....(before you hit the vodka of course!). That picture is awesome and makes me want to go somewhere too...

Alannah - Charlie and Emma got some frosty paws today. It's been a while since I let them have any and I thought Charlie was going to eat the dish it came it. Too funny.

If I don't check in again...y'll have a fabulous weekend and stay cool.

equinetcan
08-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Well, house hunting here I come. Or at least minihome shopping. I got the pre-approval done today and I just have to take some paperwork in to the bbank on monday to finalize it and get my max amount. So maybe start looking at the end of next week. I am hoping to have a closing in october. My ex and his friends that moved me in January will move me this time as well so that helps. last time they got all my stuff from the house and into my apartment in less than 3 hours. This time they would be going down 3 flights of stairs instead of up.

I had to get the ex to cough up $$ he owes me but he agreed to do that and transfer it into our old joint acct on the weekend and then I can transfer it back out again.

We also discussed the visitation/custody of Chancey (furkid) and we are going 50-50 as I would take her from thursday after work and he would come and get her on sunday evening. basically we share. But so far we are still getting along so I hope it stays that way.

Joni - Chancey loves the homemade frosties. I put them in small serving containers and she gets about 1-2 a week in this hotter weather. Nothing really in them as far as calories and fat so they are a nice treat and she LOVES them.

I'll see her again on sunday and I was going to give her a bath as she hasn't had one since she was attacked by the other dog.

Guess that's it for now...I go to COD tomorrow and I hope to see a loss. I ahve been very good!! I am supposed to get my numbered plan tomorrow too.

Mama Nicole
08-10-2007, 04:43 PM
:crazy:oh, Joni......I'm still here!!!! I only wish I were on the road.

DH is still working on the AC.......and it is really hot out there. I just got in from picking tomatos............but I am only on break. I have many many more to pick to bring up to Wisconsin with me. We tend to leave many things till the last minute.......but not really because we are lazy.......we just have too much to do :) If we have to, we will leave tomorrow morning.....it's no big deal......as DH has meetings in Chicago on Monday and Tuesday, and being at mom's for more than 3 days can get tough. Not because we don't get a long...........there are just always sooooo many people there.

Anyway........the only bad thing if we don't leave until tomorrow is that I won't get to see my girls for one more day. Emily and Bethany have both been up there for two weeks, and although my house has been a lot quieter.......I REALLY miss them. Having them gone has really made me appreciate them :)

Anyway........break time is over......so I must get back to work. Next year.........fewer plants.......LOL.
XOXO

Joni135
08-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Okay Nicole...I'm serious...if you come back with a loss of at least .2 lbs, I'm sending you a prize....and I promise it won't have anything to do with fruits or veggies.....make me proud please.....

Alannah - do you ever watch the tv show called House Hunters. I love watching that show on HGTV and trying to guess what the people pick. What is the housing market like where you live...it's definitely a buyer's market here in Georgia...good luck with everything. It's a hectic, yet exciting time.

slim n trim
08-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Hi everyone, just a quick check in. Haven't had a lot of time to spend on here lately. August is a very busy month for me, and to top that off, my best friend's son is expecting a baby - and I am making them a baby quilt, and my daughter is due in October, so I need to get two blankies made. Right now the one i am doing is a rag quilt - (seams on the outside,) and I am doing it in a peach colored check, and cream background with peach flowers and a cream colored squares. It is looking so cute. My plan is to get it done this weekend.

My daughter in law just convinced me to sign up on Facebook - the kids told me I really need to get with the times. That is interesting. Have to do some playing around on that to figure out what the heck I am doing! Anybody else use Facebook. (I wish I were the one who had invented it)

Anyways - Happy Birthday Tina Hope you enjoyed the manicure!

Congrats to Mama Nicole on the scale numbers.

Kim - what a great feeling to go back to the rack for smaller clothes. Don't you just love it! Enjoy - you deserve it.

All of a sudden it is pouring rain here, and thunder and lightning, so I think I will get off the computer and check it out. I love storms like that. As long as they are short lived.

Everyone have a great weekend.

bradleys mom
08-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Kim - I noticed your in East TN. I am in Southwest Virginia. I live about 10 miles from Bristol.

equinetcan
08-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Karen - I have facebook and love it. I have been able to contact or been contacted by so many people I haven't seen in years. Its fun.

Joni - Market here is reasonably hot. I did the mls thing again today online and there are 4 I am going to tell my realtor I want to see. We'll see how it goes. Anytime I go to look at a house I am taking someone else with me for a second pair of eyes.

Tomorrow I am going to drive around and look at the 4 places so i know exactly where they are.

Mama Nicole
08-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Okay Nicole...I'm serious...if you come back with a loss of at least .2 lbs, I'm sending you a prize....and I promise it won't have anything to do with fruits or veggies.....make me proud please.....

Oh, Joni.......you are such a doll. I really don't need a pirze, having a loss will be prize enough. :) You really are a sweetie though......and somehow, someway....I will pull this off :) Thanks for the boost!!! XOXO

Mama Nicole
08-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Karen.......you must post a picture of the quilt!!!!

slim n trim
08-10-2007, 05:44 PM
okay Nicole - once i get it done - I will. Thanks for asking.

amylou7777
08-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Evening all!

I decide to do a take off/fast forward this weekend. I started today. I'm
up-ing the protein allowance but not doing the bars...my COD suggested this since they agree that take off is just not enough food...so far so good. It's kinda nice to have the symplicity of just veggies and protein for a while, although I accidently put cheese in my egg this morning out of habit! Other than that I have been on track. I'm hoping to see a loss on Monday.

Tina-so glad you have had a good bday! Shopping sounds like fun! I go back to school (my final year of law school!!) on Monday and have yet to do any "back to school" shopping. I work in a very casual office so I've been wearing the same capri's and tshirts all summer! Have fun with your spending money!

Nicole-have a great time at Mom's! I hope DH manages to get that A/C workin for ya!

Laurie- the melting pot is deadly. It is SOOOO good but the broth is salty, the cheese is amazingly creamy and the chocolate is, well, heaven. I have avoided that place since starting LAWL. I suppose you could be good and stick to the veggies and fruit but I can't imagine having that kind of will power. It is a fun place though!

Karen-can't wait to see the quilts! I love rag quilts, the peach sounds beautiful. can't wait to see the finished product.

Speaking of little ones, how is Jackson Cole doing Katie? And how are you?

Have a great time house hunting, Allanah. I'm glad you have "movers" to help you out!
I love the HGTV house hunters, it is great to see what you can get for the money in different parts of the country.

Kimberly R-congrats on the great post-vacation come back! Awesome!

Congrats to you too, Nicole!! I am at a corporate center and they recently changed names but when I ask about the new plans they don't quite seem to know what I'm talking about. We'll see....

Alright, off to see what is on the agenda for tonight with the dbf! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Mama Nicole
08-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Amy........you are a true asset to this board :) Glad you are here!!!
XOXO

amylou7777
08-11-2007, 01:20 AM
Thanks Nicole! Right back at ya!:hug: Are you still around?

Dbf and I just got back from a mini date night-sometimes it's fun just to shop together and enjoy a meal. Unfortunately he was "craving" chinese --I'm sure I had waaaay too much salt with the veggies and beef that I ate, so here I am drinking my lemon water by the gallon! I can't do the warm stuff, but the iced version seems to work just as well!

Joni- I also started taking the psyllium (sp?) husk capsules today. I ordered CLA, EFAs and the husks from vitacost.com and they got here super quick.

Does anyone take the reduce plus (CLA) from the COD? I ordered it to try but am not totally convinced it's going to "work". I'd love to hear what people think of it.

ok-may go pop a movie in. Have a great weekend everybody!

Dan2112
08-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Evening all...

Things are going well here.. POP day, so hopefully the effects of the Denver trip will be a thing of the past if I can keep it up...

Nicole.. Have a safe trip!

We're taking in a "salsa festival" tomorrow here in town.. I promise I'll be good.. Hey! At least it's veggie based, right?

Have a good night, all!

Mama Nicole
08-11-2007, 01:30 AM
yeah, I'm still here. It's 12:30 a.m. and DH just got in from fixing my suburban AC. Poor guy.......he spent the whole day messing around with it. It always seems like he runs into EVERY possible problem when working on my car. Oh well.........at least he's smart and can figure all that stuff out.

Glad you had a nice time with DBF. How long until school starts for you?

Ok, I am going to have to get to bed now...........we really need to try to get on the road early (hardy har har har, I am not exactly a morning person).

I will be good, Joni, all weekend :)

Night all
XOXO
P.S. I missed Cassi, Lea Ann, and Katie today........

amylou7777
08-11-2007, 01:39 AM
What a great DH! I love when boys fix things....

Have a great, safe, nice and cool trip to WI. Best of luck staying strong at Mom's, I know how hard it is! Do Joni proud!

Dan-congrats on a POP day. I was close-but the chinese food killed me! ay, beter luck tomorrow.

Night guys!

equinetcan
08-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Back from COD. Down 2lbs. I got my new numbered plan today and I am plan 5 where I don't do the lites. I know I am going to have trouble getting in the food but I'll do the best I can. I had trouble getting in everything on Red1. I still have to read over the booklet and check out the diary.

Today I started my home hunting. Drove by a few I am thinking of going to see at the first of the week. Got my pre-approval finalized this morning so I know what I can and can't do. MLS and I are good friends now - I check it almost every day!

I hope everyone is having a good day...and since no one seems to be here today I'll take that as a good sign!!

Dan2112
08-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Hi gang...

Looks like I got my orders and I'm off to a fire out in California. The Colby fire is burning near Mineral, CA, a small burg not that far from Redding. I'm scheduled to be there two weeks, but it may shorter.. Who knows... Of course, as always, the trouble will be making sure there are good things to eat... Fire camp usually has a salad bar and such, so I think I'll be ok...

Anyway.. Not sure how much internet access there will be, so today may be my last online for a while.. If that's the case, I'll talk to you soon!

I'm expecting you to be good while I'm gone!!

CandlePrincess
08-11-2007, 03:33 PM
ok...pity party is over! i'm back on plan as of tomorrow! I haven't weighed since the dreaded 3.5 pound gain. So I'll go weigh sometime next week. Each time I do this I have discovered that the biggest aspect of this plan is NOT the food. I can deal with the mundane...I can deal with the repetitive nature of the eating....I can even deal with being bored with my food...but I'm learning that for me the biggest obstacle to overcome is my mind. The mental challenge of losing weight seems to be what is doing me in. I've been overweight all of my adult life so I think a lot of these breakdowns comes because i'm uncertain of life as a thinner person...(i know it sounds nuts...but it's the only thing lately that makes sense.) I'm not sure what to do about that part but I know tomorrow I will be starting over and getting back on plan and getting this weight under control. I have really decided that I don't want to be fat when I turn 40. I have 2 1/2 years to accomplish that goal....but I'm not going to be fat when I turn 40! I think the other main thing I have to do to accomplish this is STOP eating out. it's too dangerous for me. I love out to eat food, but I have to stop so I can lose this ugly weight.

So for next week.....eat on plan...and eat at home! No worries about the numbers....just those two goals!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Kimberly-I'm near Knoxville, so a couple of hours from Bristol I think! Nice to see another southern chick around!!!

dolphn545
08-11-2007, 05:32 PM

Not much going on here. Busy working this weekend.

Heather CP - My goal is to be skinny when I'm 40 also! (Although I will be 40 in January, so I'm hoping I too can get it together!!)

Dan - have a safe trip to CA -- and hope you can stay POP!

Nicole - Hope you had a safe trip.
Oh, and I questioned my COD yesterday about if they anticipate any upcoming changes. She said yes, they are really excited about them. They will be going to a universal diary, glycemic index and telling us which foods will help keep us satisfied longer. These should be in effect by the beginning of September. I asked her about numbered plans, she told me no. I also asked about the name change (to Pure Weight Loss), and she said yes to that, and that the corporate were changing (somebody else had posted this same info - corporate v. franchise, and franchise will be keeping the LAWL name, whereas corporate is changing to Pure Weight Loss). As I get more info, I will keep you informed, but obviously each COD is different!

Where is everybody??

Here's to a great (remainder) POP weekend! :cheers:

dolphn545
08-11-2007, 05:32 PM
BTW - Congrats to all the WL losers!! :dance: :dancer: :cheer:

bahamadream10
08-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Hello everyone. Happy Saturday! It was a beautiful day today but I spent half the day inside cleaning we lost the remote and I am more than determined to find it, no luck yet. I am going to do the take off tomorrow I am going to try the Knudsens juice this time I have never done it with this so we will see. I was just wondering what do you do with the extra 6 oz that is left over. Because according the other tread you take 26 oz with 6 oz of water and 8 tsp benefiber but the bottle is 32 oz so I was just wondering what everyone does with the 12 oz leftover after the 2 days, do they use it as their fruit the next 2 days. Have a great day.

Dan2112
08-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Well, just like that, my assignment got cancelled... Seems the bad weather they were expecting, didn't turn out to be that bad, so they didn't need me.. Disappointing to be sure, but at least I won't have an excuse not to be POP, right?

Kim0303
08-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Kim#2, I sent you a private message. I am in Alcoa next to the airport. You are definately an inspiration for me! YOu look great.

I have read this thread and you guys seem like you have fun. I would like to jump in.

Dan, I am impressed with your lost you look great! I saw salt police in your bio. I definately need that. Salt is my number one craving!!!

I am on LA Express. Just started 2 weeks ago. No lites or vitamins. Lost quick on the Take Off and now seem to be standing still and I have been POP ever day except maybe miss a fruit every other day or so. Other than that I have been on plan.

HOpe you all are having a great weekend. I have got to go see about my 4 house guest. I am excited they are here. A 6 month old that smiles all the time and a2 year old that is in constant motion!!!

JenTN
08-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Wow there are quite a few members from East Tennessee! (Hmm, I guess Southern comfort food is bad for you after all.)

galachick
08-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Good Afternoon!

The start of the school year has been busy, of course! I just spent an hour trying to catch up on all the post.

Happy Belated Birthday, Tina!

Welcome to all the Newbies! For those from east Tenn., about 6 years ago, I spent one weekend a month in Maryville, Tenn. getting my Education Specialist degree in Educational Leadership & Administration from Lincoln Memorial University. Loved the town and the people were super nice. If I didn't live in Georgia, I could easily see myself living in Tenn.

Renee - What grade do you teach? I can't imagine being in a room with 20+ kids that have no way to release all that energy!
Katy, I am an elementary counselor for grades K-5. So I deal with all of them.

So far the heat has only affected the end of the day car rider line. The parents start lining up their cars about 1:30 and we don't release the kids until about 2:15. So they aren't feeling too friendly when it still takes 30 minutes to get through the line. My suggestion....put your kid on the bus! Now I wouldn't say that at just any school but overall we have good kids and nice bus drivers. I live just over the county line into the next county so my DS can't ride the bus but anytime he can ride it to my sister's house or his dad's house he loves to. My Dad is building a house in the district and my DS can't wait to start riding to his house in the afternoons... being a teachers kid... he tends to live at the school more than our house! My goal this year is to leave work by 4:00 every day. I haven't done very well so far. I didn't leave any earlier than 7:30 last week except for Friday (I left at 5:30). Since I have to be at work at 7:15 a.m., that makes for a LLLLOOONNNGGG day! I was planning on going into work this afternoon while my DS is visiting his dad but I have talked myself out of it. My grass has got to be cut (a little over an acre) and today it is actually overcast. I better get it done while I can.

I'll be going to COD tomorrow for WI. I haven't been since last Wednesday. Hoping for the best. We will see! Have a POP day!

galachick
08-12-2007, 12:40 PM
OH! I forgot to share one of my Non-Scale Victories (NSV)! During preplanning, one of my teachers asked me if I had liposuctioned my face over the summer!! I said no just LAWL! Although I have only lost a few pounds, it felt good that someone noticed! Wishing you all many NSVs, as well as, SVs this week!

Dan2112
08-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Renee - Great NSV.. The stuff around the face seems to go the fastest, so it's the first thing people notice.. It's a great feeling!!

Kim303 - Salt is my number one downfall too, so that's why I've become so anal about keeping the sodium content WAY down... It was very hard at first, but after going a couple of weeks without dumping salt on everything, I started noticing how salty stuff tastes anyway.

amylou7777
08-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Good morning everyone! Today is officially my last day of summer! 3rd year of law school starts tomorrow morning and I am NOT looking forward to the old grind of class, reading, studying and struggling to keep up. Tonight I will be pre-planning my meals and just hoping I can stick to it. There will be two nights where both lunch and dinner will have to be eaten on campus. I have a cooler ready to go, but just trying to get my laptop and books with me and out the door is hard enough, let alone two full meals! But there's really no way around it. I just hate change....and I've loved my schedule this summer since I've been working and able to be home at the same time every evening....ugh.
Anway, sorry to vent! I have had a great, relaxing almost POP weekend. Doing the FF/TO was actually just what I needed to change things up a bit.

I had a question...I'm sure it's not allowed...but has anyone heard of doing a 3day Fast forward/to? Basically I was doing a FF with limited protein and juice, no lites. I have juice left and was kind of hoping to do it again today....but I have a feeling the COD would not be happy. Any thoughts?

Dan-I'm surprised you sound dissapointed you wont be coming up to NorCal? You must like the excitement of being transported to new places. I'm not sure where Mineral is, but Redding is a few hours up the road.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! My brother and his girlfriend will be stopping by this evening to stay the night! He is moving to Chico (2 hours north of us) for school and is driving up to bring up some stuff to move in and check out his new house. I love having company so I'm excited!

Speaking of moving-how were the houses you have seen so far, Allanah?
and
Felicia? are you internet ready in the new house yet? I hope it has all gone smoothly! I know school starts soon, so I'm sure you are just SO busy!

Nicole-hope you made it safe and sound to WI with a working A/C!

I'm off to mop the floors and get some laundry goin!

Have a great Sunday, all!

Lynx
08-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Hi All,
Renee it is so nice when people notice the change that occurred because of your hard work.
Dan - glad to see you around. I cannot tell if you are glad or sad that your assignment was cancelled.
Amy - best wishes in the 3L year. My two sons are Attorneys so I remember well the law school journeys. I will bet that this year will fly by.

Hope everyone is having a POP weekend.

lizababe
08-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi Everyone!

Renee - what a nice compliment! Take it and enjoy! Good luck to you and all of the other teachers getting ready to go back to work.

Dan - sorry your plans got canceled. I understand that you're thrown for a loop when you get a call like that, then get yourself all psyched up to go and then they pull the plug. Hope you were able to resume your weekend plans and enjoy!

Hi to Joni, Nicole, Heather, Kims, Debbies, Pearl, Alannah, Amy, Lynn, Jill, Katy, Katie, Tina, Karen, Julie and all losers!

I'm going to try to get back to posting more regularly again. Nicole - Those dresses would sell like hotcakes! Your lil ones and your garden are great! I loved looking at the pics!

I've just been maintaining what I lost during the month on the program. They have me on hiatus for another couple of weeks until they start marketing their new product. I'm not sure how this affects other franchises, but the southern california ones will be seeing a change. It's nothing that's been mentioned in these forums so we'll see. I think in the meantime I need to look over my diet a little more carefully because I had wanted to continue to lose weight even though officially on hiatus.

I know yesterday was about as non-POP as could be! It started off strong but then there was a company party on the bay. I didn't make bad food choices despite the cake, cookies, truffles, cupcakes and brownies, but there was a keg. Then when I got home Mini-Me and I were pretty hungry so I gave in and ordered pizza. It wasn't veggie and I had more than two slices. We'll see how today goes. My boss is having a party to "kill the keg" during the pre-season Chargers/Seahawks game this afternoon. I'm surprised the TV station didn't ask me to fly tonight over the stadium... they always do for the first pre-season game. I'm on call and have to be a good girl until that 5PM broadcast.

In the meantime, I need to get moving and clean up the effects of the teenage tornado in the house. Gotta get that dog out for a run too. He's getting antsy.

Hope you're all having a great weekend! (I'm still dreaming of Mexico!)

Dan2112
08-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Evening gang... Time to wrap up the week's posts as usual...

Amy.. Mixed feelings about not getting to go on the assignment.. While I'm happy that I won't be leaving my family for two weeks, I'm disappointed also.. We haven't had much of a fire season this year, so I've been a bit bored.. Also, because my job is much more than fire information, it's rare that I get a window of opportunity to actually leave the state to go to a fire, while most of my co-workers get to go regularly.. In fact, in the 4 years I've been with State Forestry, I've never been able to leave on a 2 week assignment...

Anyway.. We had a POP day, and I'm hoping to see some more results.. Right now I'm fighting off the munchies, so maybe I'd best go to bed..

Angie
08-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Welcome Kim the Third! :welcome: We seem to have a TN version of each name, and now two Kim's there too.

Renee -- Those are long days at work, is it always like that, or just the first week or two?

Amylou -- Good luck at school tomorrow! If you can't carry too much, there's always slimdowns and veggie sticks, boring as it sounds. Back to school is such an exciting time (maybe more for the kids than the teachers from what I'm hearing!) and I can't resist buying school supplies. I just use them to keep me organized at work.

Liza -- Did you settle on any vacation plans yet? I didn't realize you were on hiatus, can't wait to hear about your new plan.

We had a busy day at Wonderland yesterday. That's our biggest theme park in this neck of the woods. We pretty much just covered the kiddie area a few times. DS had a blast. He met Dora, Boots and Diego, flew a helicopter, went in a rocket...splashed in puddles, all the important stuff. He was so funny, we were in the middle of a coconut ride and he looked at me, very seriously and said, "Momma, I'm having fun." lol Usually he's up an hour and a half earlier than this, but he's just wiped out today, and still sleeping. I figured I'll let him sleep and go in to work a bit late. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. All that walking, riding and mayhem have taken their toll on my body today.

Heather115
08-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Dan - How much salt should we limit ourselves to each day? I know the recommended daily allowance is quite high (as is the calorie allowance and everything else recommended so I know I can't count on that!) I have quit putting salt in the food I prepare or on any food I eat, but I am surprised each day by all the hidden sodium I find. However, I know our bodies require some amount to function properly and I just don't know what that amount is. Since you're the Salt Police, I'm counting on you to clear this up for me! :) Oh, and why does the lemon water thing work so well? Does it have to be hot? I have a hard time drinking anything hot (except coffee!) Is it just as acceptable to take diuretics (water pills)?

MomOfThreeTeens
08-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Renee-Congrats on the NSV! Its great when people start to notice. I live in Maryville and I agree, its a great place!

TN Heather, hows it going neighbor? I went to WI Saturday and didnt know a single counselor at the COD, freaked me out!

WI was good Saturday, I was down a whole pounds from my weight when I started stabilization, then had pizza Saturday night and blew that all to hades! LOL Oh well, today starts a new week! Heres to being POP!!!

Other TN Kim! I answered your PM. Its nice to meet you! Maybe me, you and Heather can get together for coffee or something! We'll work on that!

Good Monday morning everybody else! Hope you have an absolutely amazing week!

Heather115
08-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Hey TN Kim! I haven't been going to the COD long so I'm not sure I'd recognize a new face if I saw one. It does seem strange that there's so much turnover at many of the COD's talked about on this forum. I had a good WI Friday. I changed my ticker to show my bare-naked weigh-in weight since that's seems more realistic to me and it's the one I'm tracking every single morning.

I guess I should quit posting to last week's thread and move on to the new one. Just didn't want to leave you hanging! Thanks for asking!