Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 07:31 AM   #1  

Default Ahhhh

Have you ever gone out somewhere you haven't been before, ordered something, eaten it while trying to make a really solid educated guess on how many points it is, then go home, look at the nutrition facts, and find out the point value is OUTRAGEOUS?!?!?

Yeah, this happened to me yesterday. I went to Panera which is supposed to be all healthy (for the most part, it is!) and I got a Crispani pizza. It's a really REALLY thin crust pizza-- and I only ate as much of it as I thought would count for about a regular slice of pizza and a half-- I had saved 12 points for dinner and really wanted pizza. So i thought this healthy thin crust cheese pizza was fine...

20 POINTS! and I didn't even FINISH it!

AHHH!

I think it was 20 points because it was called a "three cheese" thin crust pizza... but it didn't look like it had more cheese than a regular pizza... and the crust was way thinner! It even had less sauce!

and OF COURSE it was the only type of crispani pizza that was a whole lotta points. THe chicken topped one is less points, and I thought I was being smart about it, getting teh one with "just cheese"!!

I'm so angry but I don't nkow who/what I'm angry at lol

sorry to vent-- thanks for reading
Old 08-06-2007, 07:47 AM   #2  
it's always something

I was also surprised by the number of calories in the Crispani! Too bad it's so darned good
Old 08-06-2007, 10:49 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Many times the crisp crust pizza are brushed with oil to crisp them up so they end up being more points (used to work in a pizzeria).
Old 08-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #4  

It is awful how often this happens. We think we are putting our healthy behaviors to work, and end up that we have been cheated. Johnny Rockets was my "last straw" restaurant. I got so angry one time after eating there. It was unplanned, I had 19 points left for the day (it was a busy day and I hadn't gotten to eat much, so I thought eating out would be ok.) And you would think that 19 pts would be way more than enough, right?! Apparently not. I tried ordering appropriately, and when I came home I checked out dwlz...there is NOTHING on there menu that would be do-able.

It is extremely frustrating when this happens.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:25 PM   #5  

I know the feeling! I hate when that happens, especially when I think I am picking something a little healthier than what I really want!
Old 08-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #6  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I do believe that some of these restaurants need a reality check....does there have to be that much fat in some of the dishes? Their "healthy options" are still twice as high in points as something I would fix at home that is comparable. Oh, and sorry in advance for the rant, but you would think all restaurants could at least have one fat free choice in their salad dressings!!! UGH!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:58 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

You know you can try and blame some of this on the restaurants but they are responding to what society wants.

For the most part you DON'T have to eat the entire entree they serve you. You get enough food for at least 2 meals and sometimes 3 when you are served at the restaurant...this is not 100% the restaurants fault. Society wants the biggest bang for the buck.

Sometimes we need to take the intiative and ask for a doggy bag right when we order. Put at least 1/2 of the food in the bag and then every meal at a restaurant is workable.

This is a great way even on the spur of the moment to have a meal, enjoy and relatively stay within points.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:25 PM   #8  

thats true about the doggie bag-- good way to save $$ too
Old 08-07-2007, 11:33 PM   #9  
Mrs. S.

Default DQ cone

The same thing happened to me with a DQ dipped ice cream cone one time. I decided to splurge--thinking 5 points or so. It ended up being 12, I believe.

Susan
Old 08-07-2007, 11:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm still in shock over a salad I used to eat regularly for lunch from the Corner Bakery. 850 friggin calories! (I am a calorie counter, so don't know the WW point conversions). I would have been better off ordering almost anything else on the menu.
Closed Thread