Old 08-03-2007, 04:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Default Mini Challenge(Aug 2nd - Aug 6th)

While I am in LA, I want to challenge myself to the following:

4 bottles of water
No Food 2hrs before bed
Gym 1.5 hours each (Fri-Sun). Thur and Mon it could be 1hr
Other physical Activity: something not less then an hour. It could be a hike a run on the beach, a swim or a combination of all of the above.
Food Intake: 1450 calories a day max, but prefer to keep under 1200. Yet eat small 5 meals!
Journaling!
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like you've got your plan all laid out! Good for you, stick to your plan and enjoy your time in LA!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Under 1200 calories a day?? That's really very, very low for your weight. Especially with more than two hours of exercise a day... I'd re-think that number.

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #4  

Aug 2nd: the day has been over for a while and ALL objectives have been met
Aug 3rd (1st part of the day): Behind on Water, but otherwise good.Bought a few things at a store where lots of tasty stuff at, but chose to pick up only healthy items!
Aug 3rd (2nd part of the day): Exercise and Activity, as well as Water. First we went to the beach in Malibu, swam twice: first time 7 minutes, and then another 17, against the current. Hands were hurting. Then went to the gym in the evening, though was very tired. Unfortunately as I did my cardio they closed the weights section of the gym for some repair...:-( only 1h of exercise.
Aug 4th (1st part of the day): We spent almost 3 hours walking in the heat in Huntington Gardends in Pasadena. What a lovely place. I did sit down quite a bit to rest, because I was totally hot from the sun. Walkingwise it was good and not hard, especially if I had snickers on, and not the shoes which were cutting the circulation.
Aug 4th (2nd part of the day): We are home now, after dinner and a huge argument over the gym schedule. I just really hate the fact that he is trying to control whether I go there or not. I am tired but was planning to push myself rather than having him push me to do what's right! I don't know but doing it mysels if such a big issue for me. Food was ok, I had a non-fat latte of which I drank 3oz (w/o the sweets it does not taste as great I guess) for dinner I had spinach salad with lamb, it was very good. Middle of the night, we did go the gym. I worked out as he ate Wendy's in the car. It was a bit tough to smell Wendy's and not have any.
Aug 5th (all day): Foodwise I was ok, even though we had some kabob I did skipped rice and had water. Yet I did not fit exercise, and any activy, as I had to drive from LA to SF. Got home at 3am and went straight to bed. I just need to find ability to go to the gym tonight.

p.s. by under 1200 I meant like 1150-1199, not less than that. It just varies daily.

Last edited by CBETA; 08-06-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:26 PM   #5  

Made updates....
Old 08-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #6  

My first day intake was around 1000.
All other days I landed around 1400 calories.
Exercise was everyday except Sunday.

Overall loss during the trip 1-2 pounds. Basically 1 pound less then I planned for.