South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 02:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

Unhappy Frustrated

Ok so I started phase 2 last week and have been terrified to add in any bread/rice/pasta/fruit because my weight has been going crazy for the last week...I'm stuck between 188 and 190 and no matter what I do it won't move Well I decided to get some whole Grain Total to have once every few days since I really miss cereal over any of the other stuff. I've exercised since day one and even though I can tell a difference in my clothes, I'm really bummed that the scale keeps bouncing around. I have been eating really good...except the occasional skipping breakfast because the thought of eating when I first get up makes me want to gag......I guess what I'm wondering is if anybody has had this happen and what finally made you get over the slump? You ladies have a good day
Old 07-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #2  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Jen,

I found I had to actually count calories in order to get the scale to move in Phase 2. I think a lot has to do with my post-menopausal metabolism, despite the fact that I have also been exercising faithfully. A few of us here have been using fitday.com (and I have Fitday for PC) to count. Just a thought...

L
Old 07-29-2007, 08:01 PM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I have to count calories, too, and even despite that I haven't been losing. BUT I have been increasing my exercise. I read (in Bob Greene's books, so I know it's a trusted source) that your muscles store water to heal themselves when you increase your exercise and that it can take FOUR TO SIX weeks for that water weight to flush out, so I have decided to put my scale away for a bit and just focus on how my clothes fit. He says that if you keep your food intake consistent and increase your exercise you will lose weight (calories in vs. calories out!) but your weight may not go down (and in fact may go up!) because of the way the muscles store water. If your clothes are fitting the same, you're losing fat (because the water is taking up space the fat used to) and if your clothes are fitting looser, you're REALLY losing fat!

That was encouraging for me. I'm going to weigh in on the first and then put my scale away until September so I don't get frustrated by the little ups and downs. If I'm staying on plan and within my calorie range and am exercising, then there's nothing else I can do!

Kara
Old 07-29-2007, 08:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

I use fitday, not to track my calories but to track my weight loss since it has the little graph thingy. I might need to start counting the calories too...I might not be getting enough and my body thinks it's starving or something. I'm a really huge scale junky and have to weigh myself every morning ....time to put it away!
Old 07-29-2007, 10:58 PM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Jenn, Phase 1 is pretty restrictive and isn't intended to be followed for more than two weeks. You really can't get all the nutrition you need without some kind of fruit and grain in your diet. I wonder if your body is "rebelling" because it's not getting the vitamins and minerals it needs? I'd try slowly adding things back in. Maybe that will kick-start your loss.

Kara
Closed Thread